• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Fixing Blazhy's signature attribute because her old one was really bugging me and Negrek said that I'm allowed.

picture.php

[Blazhy] Aerodactyl (F)
Body Mod: Mechanical Dragon
Description: Blazhy for short isn't just your run-of-the-mill aerodactyl. Blazhy is a mechanical aerodactyl -- this means that she's made from pieces of metal instead of chunks of rock. Instead of a brain, Blazhy has a motherboard; instead of blood vessels, she has wires. Metal bars make up her skeleton, and pumps and engines are her muscles. There's also the fact that Blazhy looks suspiciously like a certain referee, from the color-changing crystal-thing on her head down to her pointy ninjatoes.

It's possible that Crazy Linoone stole the blueprints from somewhere, but nobody has any proof that it did anything of the sort.

Anyhow, Blazhy was built from the ground up following that suspicious set of blueprints. Needless to say, with Linoone's dubious engineering skills and even more dubious programming skills, it didn't end up very well. Surprisingly, Blazhy still works pretty nicely, acting exactly like she was programmed to do (complete with a love for maple syrup) even if she does look a bit clunkier than she should. However, she tends to break down after a few too many hits, understandable given all the improvisation along the way (Linoone couldn't afford all that metal, especially after buying high-speed internet for one of its many porygons).

Effects: Blazhy is now a Steel/Dragon type with Levitate in addition to all other abilities.

Moveset changes:
- Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Fire Fang, AncientPower, Take Down, Double-Edge, Natural Gift
+ Metal Claw, Thunder Wave, Metal Sound

At the end of every round, Blazhy has a [2 x (round number - 1)]% chance of having something break down and dealing 2% typeless damage to herself -- for example, she has 0% chance of breaking down during the first round, 2% chance of breaking down during the first round, and 20% chance of breaking down during the 11th round. The chance caps at 100%, although it's not like anyone will last that long...

She also has (makeshift) ninjatoes.

Hopefully, removing 8 moves from her moveset is enough to cancel out the gain of being a Dragon/Steel type with Levitate.
I think this looks OK. Approved.

missed the opportunity. Oh well, let's just put it back through!

Spr_1b_088.png
[Slimer]
(x) Ability: n/a

Signature Attribute: Generation 1

Along with appearing to be of a... simpler construction, Dexter is from Generaton 1, giving him limitations. Dexter came to this time using Bill's time machine. Being from when he is, Dexter has a limited movepool, no ability, no gender and a weakness to Bug, as in the original games. Upon his arrival to this time, Dexter was given the option to be fully upgraded, but he chose not to. While these things are inconvenient, Dexter prefers to battle with them.

Effect: Dexter is weak to bug, and has no ability. He also is limited to the movepool given here. His stats are broken down in the way they were back in Generation 1, and moves that lower Sp. Attack also lowers his Sp. Defense, and vice verse.
I think this is a repost? Well, approved either way.

bepya1.gif

[Bépya] Bulbasaur [♂]
Overgrow

Signature Attribute: Fire Flower Power

Bépya was given to Blastoise by a rather generous group of natives on an island near the Orange Islands; they seemed to either think that Bépya was a portent of dark times or that he would set fire to the village if they didn't get the foreigner to take him. Their (possibly) superstitious beliefs weren't unfounded. An odd, red-spotted plant has taken up residence on the starter's back, changing his physiology ever so slightly and giving him some more pronounced differences from his race; he ain't your mother's bulbasaur, that's for sure.

Effects: Bépya, due to a blind venusaur mother or some other twist of fate, has been planted not with a traditional Bulbasaur Seed but with an odd plant that only blooms during wildfires. It can't burnt or damaged by fire attacks, and as a result neither can Bépya. It's one of very few non-poisonous plants on the island chain, meaning that instead of being a grass/poison type, Bépya is only a grass type. Lastly, Bépya's Overgrow ability only activates when he comes into contact with fire and meets the abilities normal requirements.

curare1.gif

[Curare Wurari] Croagunk [♀]
Anticipation

Signature Attribute: Poison Dart Gourd

A while back, Blastoise was exploring a rather dank, tropical forest far to the south and east of Asber; it was here that he was given his odd bulbasaur by the Byrusian people of the area as well as where he got the rather dapper-looking potted plant that hangs in his berry shop. To help avoid the many poisonous plants of the forest, Blastoise brought along his new croagunk. While passing through yet another topless village, an excitable witch doctor (who was apparently a man despite physical evidence to the contrary) grabbed the frog pokémon and slapped a large gourd on her back. The apparently living plant wrapped its woody vines around the croagunk and held on tight, much to her and her trainer's dismay. Those feelings abated, however, when the boy and his frog were informed of the plant's special poison's properties. (It's also an antiaphrodisiac, if Blastoise got the translation right) The gourd is filled with poisonous sap, which, when Curare dips her hand into it at the start of a battle, mixes with her own natural poisons to create an terrifyingly effective toxic substance.

Effects: The greenish-purple secretion that coats Curare Wurari's hands causes all poisoning inflicted by Curare's physical attacks to also have the effects of mild paralysis until the poisoning ends. All moves that have a chance of poisoning get a 10% boost in the chance of it occurring, due to the potentness of Curare's toxins. Curare must always spend the first action she spends on the field after being sent out applying the poison sap to her hands.

Fire flower power - Approved.

Poison Dart Gourd - ...I think I might have relatives there. Would a taunt prevent her from sapping up on the first action?

[Katniss] Taillow (F) <Guts>

Signature Attribute:
I Am The Mockingjay

An old myth in the Hoenn region speaks of the Mockingjay, a small group of Taillow that hail from Kanto instead of of Hoenn like the rest of their kind. The Mockingjay's bodies were said to be black as coals, due to the influence of the place they lived, and the one that protected it - Moltres. The Mockingjay clan lived with the legendary beast for so long, they began to change to match her - they shed their normal typing to gain the fiery power that the legendary bird had, and their feathers blackened from the flames.

Katniss is one of these Mockingjay. She was born with a stark black-and-white colour to her feathers, to a seemingly normal Swellow family - a throwback to an ancestor who was one of the Mockingjay. Over time, her true power came forth - the burning flame of her ancestor's clan dwells in her, changing her.

Effects: Katniss is a Fire/Flying type. She loses the following moves in exchange for new ones:

- Endeavor, Rage, Swift, Double-Edge.
+ Flame Charge, Will-O-Wisp, Incinerate, Flare Blitz.
Approved.

It's been a while and there's been much hacking, so, I don't know if the process of submitting a signature attribute to approval has changed any. Let me know if it has.

Grimer
[Misslead] Grimer (F)
Ability: Stench

Signature Attribute: Leader in Charge

As relatively known, Grimer appear when X-rays from the moon light up sludge on dirty streams. Or so the Pokédex says, but some bits of it are perceived as sketchy. Regardless, it's no secret that they originate at least partially from running grime on rivers.

Misslead's birthplace was one of the environmentalists' go-to whine. It had not one, but two notable pollution problems. Closer to the basin, heavy industry dumped copious amounts of assorted waste metals -- mostly lead -- into the water. This is where this Grimer and several others originated and lived with, well, a diet rich in iron.

Further down the stream, one of the most badly regulated power plants ever built uses the water for several purposes. This has led not only to further metallic waste, but also, the occasional discharge. Most normal aquatic life couldn't thrive on these waters because of the electric shocks. What lived there, became adapted to it.

Having much metal in her bodily composition as well as exposition to frequent voltages, Misslead would sooner or later pick up a fair amount of electric charge. Of course, after the PRO took her away from the treacherous riverbed, it would be expected for her to discharge eventually. However, having lived most of her life in a state of shock, she didn't want to let go. This led to a bizarre but needed measure: routinely recharges.

When Metallica Fanboy bought this Grimer, he was advised to continue the treatment, and didn't disagree to it. Both for her own need, and for the at least amusing effects it brought to battle.

Effects: Misslead's type is Poison/Electric. If Misslead is struck by an Electric-type attack, she gains 1+ Special Attack. Additionally, she starts the match at 2+ Speed, as the electricity makes her movements more limber. None of her stats can exceed 6+. Additionally, if Misslead uses an indirect healing move against Steel-types, it's treated as being super-effective, regardless of actual type. Lastly, Misslead can use Magnet Rise, but only for half of the time she would normally be granted (rounded down), and she loses her Electric-typing afterwards unless she's struck by an Electric-type attack she didn't use or she accesses an electrical source, and she cannot use Acid Armor.
I think you're going to need more of a drawback here, since you're essentially gaining a extra ability as well as a stat boost. You could even it out by having her stench ability be replaced by motor drive, and have her start the battle with a stat deduction to even out the speed boost. Also, is the steel type target's secondary typing still taken into consideration when she uses a direct healing move on it?

Phish (Corphish) Male
Ability: Adaptability

Signature Ability:
Commander in Charge*

Phish was raised in a kingdom-like setting, where an underwater monarchy existed. His family are a special group, possessing superior strength to others, and were routinely selected for the rank of Commander of these armies. Phish was in a scouting expedition as a young private when the entire squad was caught by a routine ASB fishing trawler. Phish continued to maintain his unique status an elite Corphish, and was soon purchased by Lirris.

Effects: Due to superior selective breeding, Phish is notably stronger than the average Corphish, and thus does 3% more damage per attack, with the cost of 2% more energy, and always possessing 85% of the average speed that the typical Corphish possesses.

I've already bought the Corphish about a half hour ago, I was just hoping if this could be added. Much obliged
Up the energy cost a little. Is the boost factored in before or after all other calculations? And by average speed I'm guessing you're referring to Corphish's base speed stat, so it'd probably be worth adding that in.

[Vriska] Zoroark (F) <Illusion>

Sig Attribute: Robotic Left Arm

Vriska once had a magical cue ball that gave her perfect answers to the questions she asked. However, Terezi the Oshawott informed the previous owner of the cue ball, Scratch the Porygon2, that she had it. Scratch then flipped out and blew up the preprogrammed cue ball while Vriska was using it, causing her to lose her left arm and left eye.

Equius was then kind enough to craft a robotic arm for her to replace her missing arm.

Effects: Vriska's left arm is crafted out of durable, lightweight metal. Any attacks used by this arm incur an extra 2% damage. However, any fire-, ground- and fighting-type moves aimed at her arm damage Vriska by an extra 3%.

---

[Terezi] Oshawott (F) <Torrent>

Sig Attribute: She's Blind, Remember???

Terezi, at one point, could see. However, one night, Vriska got revenge on her for telling Scratch about her cue ball and therefore losing her left arm and eye. First, Vriska took control of Tavros, an Emolga who was exceptionally perceptible to mind control. Tavros then picked up her pokeball, went outside and opened it up. Terezi was then blinded after staring into the intense Asber sun for exactly 4.13 seconds.

Effects: Terezi is blind. This means that she is immune to moves and abilities involving light or vision, like Confuse Ray, Flash, and Illuminate. However, as a result, her base accuracy is always -3.

Vriska - I think my main issue with this one is that Highmoon already has a business that offers robotic arms with very similar effects.

Terezi - Approved.

Last edited:

Signature Attribute:
I Am The Mockingjay

An old myth in the Hoenn region speaks of the Mockingjay, a small group of Taillow that hail from Kanto instead of of Hoenn like the rest of their kind. The Mockingjay's bodies were said to be black as coals, due to the influence of the place they lived, and the one that protected it - Moltres. The Mockingjay clan lived with the legendary beast for so long, they began to change to match her - they shed their normal typing to gain the fiery power that the legendary bird had, and their feathers blackened from the flames.

Katniss is one of these Mockingjay. She was born with a stark black-and-white colour to her feathers, to a seemingly normal Swellow family - a throwback to an ancestor who was one of the Mockingjay. Over time, her true power came forth - the burning flame of her ancestor's clan dwells in her, changing her.

Effects: Katniss is a Fire/Flying type. She loses the following moves in exchange for new ones:

- Endeavor, Rage, Swift, Double-Edge.
+ Flame Charge, Will-O-Wisp, Incinerate, Flare Blitz.
Actually, I'm going to say that you need to balance the movepool a little bit more; flare blitz matches double-edge just fine, but will-o-wisp, incinerate, and flame charge are all great, and you'll need to lose better (definitely far better than rage) moves for them.

[Vriska] Zoroark (F) <Illusion>

Sig Attribute: Robotic Left Arm

Vriska once had a magical cue ball that gave her perfect answers to the questions she asked. However, Terezi the Oshawott informed the previous owner of the cue ball, Scratch the Porygon2, that she had it. Scratch then flipped out and blew up the preprogrammed cue ball while Vriska was using it, causing her to lose her left arm and left eye.

Equius was then kind enough to craft a robotic arm for her to replace her missing arm.

Effects: Vriska's left arm is crafted out of durable, lightweight metal. Any attacks used by this arm incur an extra 2% damage. However, any fire-, ground- and fighting-type moves aimed at her arm damage Vriska by an extra 3%.

---

[Terezi] Oshawott (F) <Torrent>

Sig Attribute: She's Blind, Remember???

Terezi, at one point, could see. However, one night, Vriska got revenge on her for telling Scratch about her cue ball and therefore losing her left arm and eye. First, Vriska took control of Tavros, an Emolga who was exceptionally perceptible to mind control. Tavros then picked up her pokeball, went outside and opened it up. Terezi was then blinded after staring into the intense Asber sun for exactly 4.13 seconds.

Effects: Terezi is blind. This means that she is immune to moves and abilities involving light or vision, like Confuse Ray, Flash, and Illuminate. However, as a result, her base accuracy is always -3.

...aaactually, while the effect of Terezi's attribute is fine, to me the description still has some of that "not quite pokémony enough" vibe that Negrek pointed out the last time you tried it. Both of them do, really; Terezi's not so much as before, but Vriska's still bothers me a bit and Terezi's is riding on that. Could you maybe go into more detail about how a zoroark was able to mind-control an emolga, for example? Or why a porygon2 would want to create a "magic cue ball", how Vriska got a hold of it, etc.. I know you want your team of trolls and all that, and maybe I'm picking nits here, but grounding the descriptions just a little better in something you'd expect pokémon to do/have/etc. (especially without human intervention), rather than just saying "oh it had this cue ball and...", would help a great deal.

...there are probably other attributes/moves that have gone through that were similarly vague about that sort of thing, too, so maybe I just need to be less picky, but eh.

I don't know if it's necessarily worth buying one of moony's automail parts (not to take any potential business from her or anything) because I don't remember off the top of my head whether they have effects similar to what you're looking for, but it's probably worth at least a look if you haven't already. At least you know they're already balanced and all that.

--

Generally speaking I am going to try really really hard to get back on top of approval stuff while I'm on break for a few weeks; it was implied that some people's attributes (and moves I guess, but I can't approve those anyway) were skipped over when Negrek did that huge catch-up post a while back, so if anyone had an attribute that was passed over then feel free to nag me personally to take a look at it.

Nah, I was thinking that too, but I was going to let it slide. No doubt similar stuff has gotten through now and again before, but yeah. I would prefer if those attributes made more sense outside the context of Homestuck.

Hmmm I was mostly trying to dump normal-type moves without messing up her movepool too much but lessie what else I can add. Taillow you don't get enough moves arg. Not even any water or anything, really. BIRDS >:0

Doesn't help that lots of fire moves are high-end/Legendary ones. Oh well, changed some stuff around. Replaced Incinerate with Fire Spin, and added a few more removed moves.

Signature Attribute:
I Am The Mockingjay

- Endeavor, Rage, Swift, Double-Edge, Rain Dance, Endure, Frustration
+ Flame Charge, Will-O-Wisp, Fire Spin, Flare Blitz.

Revising

Phish (Corphish) Male

Signature Ability:
Commander in Charge*

Phish was raised in a kingdom-like setting, where an underwater monarchy existed. His family are a special group, possessing superior strength to others, and were routinely selected for the rank of Commander of these armies. Phish was in a scouting expedition as a young private when the entire squad was caught by a routine ASB fishing trawler. Phish continued to maintain his unique status an elite Corphish, and was soon purchased by Lirris.

Effects: Due to superior selective breeding, Phish is notably stronger than the average Corphish, and thus does 3% more damage per attack after all multipliers, with the cost of 3% more energy, and always possessing 85% of the base speed that the typical Corphish possesses.

I think you're going to need more of a drawback here, since you're essentially gaining a extra ability as well as a stat boost. You could even it out by having her stench ability be replaced by motor drive, and have her start the battle with a stat deduction to even out the speed boost. Also, is the steel type target's secondary typing still taken into consideration when she uses a direct healing move on it?
There's an inherent drawback to gaining an Electric typing -- it grants a weakness to Ground-type without adding any significant resistances in return. Given that Poison is already weak to Ground as it is, I think it's a powerful drawback even with Magnet Rise learned. Adding a stat deduction to the mix would be acceptable, though I'm not sure which that could be. And yes, the Steel-types' secondary types are still considered, though I could dock that if it seems potentially broken.

Eh, I would say that granting resistances to flying, steel, and electric is not inconsequential. Yes, you're giving Misslead a 4x weakness in the process, but you also gave yourself a way to shed that in dangerous situation (with magnet rise and subsequent shedding of the electric type afterwards). Adding the electric typing also means that Misslead now gets STAB on all electric moves. I do think you should give her a little bit more of a drawback.

Would it be a sufficient drawback if shedding the Electric typing also carried harsher negative consequences, in the way of stat drops, progressive health loss and/or confusion?

So this is probably not going to work for an abra, but comments on if it'd be approved for a future evolution would be cool too. Though I will never get there.

[Mewtwo] Abra (M) Synchronize

Signature attribute: Nostalgia Filter

This current generation sucks! The new team will never be as good as Team Rocket! Those new pokémon are ugly and unoriginal and barely look like pokémon! The new game mechanics they introduced are destroying the battle experience! The legendaries are nothing like they used to be! They changed it, now it sucks!

Actually, it's been going downhill ever since the second generation, when everything was ruined forever with the introduction of dark- and steel-types. Psychics were made weak to ghosts where they were once immune, and ghosts and bugs without a secondary poison typing - the thing that meant psychics had as much power over them as they should - were allowed to play. Things were just fine with just fifteen types, especially when psychic ruled them all. Splitting the special stat into offensive and defensive variations, when the mind is clearly one all-powerful thing, is just icing on the ruined-forever cake.

And they've been making it worse since then. More powerful moves that psychic-types are weak to? Abilities affecting the course of the battle? Splitting moves of the same type into physical and special categories? All of these increasingly crazy held items?

That's just crazy. Who wants to play by all of these rules? Things were superior in the RBGY generation. Everything was simpler back then, so much better, and Mewtwo was king.

Effects: With his vast psychic powers and selective perception of the world, Mewtwo can shape the world to his liking, and his liking is the world of the distant past. He can only really affect himself with his psychic powers, however, and can't deny the existence of these new, totally unoriginal pokémon invading his battle-space.

First, Mewtwo only has one special stat - known as "special", naturally - and moves that would boost or decrease his special attack or special defence will instead increase or decrease the special stat. Moves that affect both will affect the special stat by the same magnitude, so for example calm mind and amnesia will both boost the special stat by +2. This stat still only ranges between -6 and +6, however.

Second, the damage category of every move is determined solely by its type, at least as far as Mewtwo is concerned. Any water, grass, fire, ice, electric, psychic, dragon, and dark moves used by or against Mewtwo is modified by his special stat. Normal, fighting, flying, ground, rock, bug, ghost, poison, and steel moves affect his physical attack and defence stats as appropriate.

Abilities and held items that directly affect Mewtwo are ignored. This means he won't be affected by an enemy's iron barbs or static or synchronize, but he can't stop an opponent's inner focus or justified or speed boost abilities from activating.

Unfortunately, he can't quite ignore the effect that ghost moves have on him, or the existence of dark and steel types. And he can't ignore that all those new pokémon and moves actually exist.

Therefore, he loses n-1% health for every pokémon that comes on the field, where n is the generation number the pokémon originated in (but only once for each individual pokémon, and up to 5% in total for wild pokémon part of the arena description).

His anger at everything new also means it costs him 1.1x energy to use moves from Gen II, 1.2x energy for moves from Gen III, 1.3x energy for Gen IV moves, and 1.4x energy for moves from Gen V. He'll still use them - it's clearly Game Freak's futile attempt at trying to patch up the errors they shouldn't have caused in the first place, to restore Mewtwo to his rightful place - but only with much effort.

It sounded better in my head. Also, I didn't see Chief Zackrai's until now. >||||

curare1.gif

Anticipation

A while back, Blastoise was exploring a rather dank, tropical forest far to the south and east of Asber; it was here that he was given his odd bulbasaur by the Byrusian people of the area as well as where he got the rather dapper-looking potted plant that hangs in his berry shop. To help avoid the many poisonous plants of the forest, Blastoise brought along his new croagunk. While passing through yet another topless village, an excitable witch doctor (who was apparently a man despite physical evidence to the contrary) grabbed the frog pokémon and slapped a large gourd on her back. The apparently living plant wrapped its woody vines around the croagunk and held on tight, much to her and her trainer's dismay. Those feelings abated, however, when the boy and his frog were informed of the plant's special poison's properties. (It's also an antiaphrodisiac, if Blastoise got the translation right) The gourd is filled with poisonous sap, which, when Curare dips her hand into it at the start of a battle, mixes with her own natural poisons to create an terrifyingly effective toxic substance.

Effects: The greenish-purple secretion that coats Curare Wurari's hands causes all poisoning inflicted by Curare's physical attacks to also have the effects of mild paralysis until the poisoning ends. All moves that have a chance of poisoning get a 10% boost in the chance of it occurring, due to the potentness of Curare's toxins. Curare must always spend the first action she spends on the field after being sent out applying the poison sap to her hands; she must do every time she is sent out, but due to the practiced ease with which she does so it always happens before any other pokémon can attack her.

[Zuxnet] Porygon
Ability: Download
Signature Attribute: Zero Day

The origins of the Zuxnet virus are unknown. What's painfully obvious, however, is it's intention-Zuxnet is little more than a weapon, the first to be made entirely of code. It is twenty times more advanced than any other virus ever created. Instead of relying on phony security clearances to get through firewalls and other protection, it uses Zero Days, holes in the programming that even the programmers are unaware of. These Zero Days fetch a high-price on the black market. Zuxnet has been found in a variety of places, from traffic lights to oil pipelines to nuclear power plants. It will simply lie in wait, unless it finds a target, namely the latter two of that list. It has the power to disrupt these heavily, and report back that everything was fine. Zuxnet wreaked havoc in foreign countries such a Iran.

But then the unthinkable happened.
Zuxnet infected a living organism, a Porygon. The virus was quickly cordoned off, so that the weapon of code could not become a Pokémon-controlling one. Indeed, the idea of an army of Porygon and it's evolutions controlled by a machine terrified people, so the world's finest intervened and sealed the Porygon off, digitally, so that it could not connect to the internet or transmit the virus to other Pokémon. But the virus became too ingrained in the Porygon's software to be removed. That Porygon is Zuxnet now. And it did what it was designed to-it found Zero Days, holes in the programming.
In life.
It seems our entire reality is merely computer code. Whether this was written by some god, or if we are merely a simulation made by someones else, or if this is something that occurs in nature, is unknown. Regardless, Zuxnet can see these holes. And it can find the holes in them, the millions upon millions of them in ever cubic foot, and exploit them. It does this constantly, as if it had a will of it's own.

Effect:At the end of every round, Zuxnet will exploit a Zero Day. When he does this, the code of life will momentarily become visible, bright white numbers being revealed for a few seconds. Then one of the following happens:
-There is a 40% chance of the Zero Day doing nothing.
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day inflicting 5% typeless damage on Zuxnet.
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day inflicting 5% typeless damage on a single foe.
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day curing Zuxnet of all status conditions, if it has any.
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day inflicting a random status effect on Zuxnet.
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day raising a random two of Zuxnet's stats by +1 each.
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day lowering a random two of Zuxnet's stats by +1 each.

In case it was unclear, one of the above must happen, no more, no less.

Last edited:

Hmmm I was mostly trying to dump normal-type moves without messing up her movepool too much but lessie what else I can add. Taillow you don't get enough moves arg. Not even any water or anything, really. BIRDS >:0

Doesn't help that lots of fire moves are high-end/Legendary ones. Oh well, changed some stuff around. Replaced Incinerate with Fire Spin, and added a few more removed moves.

Signature Attribute:
I Am The Mockingjay

- Endeavor, Rage, Swift, Double-Edge, Rain Dance, Endure, Frustration
+ Flame Charge, Will-O-Wisp, Fire Spin, Flare Blitz.

Balance-wise that's a bit better, but I don't think the selection of most of those moves (except rain dance) makes all that much sense because those are pretty much things most non-normal types can do. :/ Are there any of taillow's normal-type moves that aren't TMs that you could drop instead?

Revising

Phish (Corphish) Male

Signature Ability:
Commander in Charge*

Effects: Due to superior selective breeding, Phish is notably stronger than the average Corphish, and thus does 3% more damage per attack after all multipliers, with the cost of 3% more energy, and always possessing 85% of the base speed that the typical Corphish possesses.

It would probably be easiest just to call the speed reduction "Phish has only 28 base speed" (35*.85 rounded down, just to clarify since that doesn't give an integer); then it's fine.

So this is probably not going to work for an abra, but comments on if it'd be approved for a future evolution would be cool too. Though I will never get there.

This current generation sucks! The new team will never be as good as Team Rocket! Those new pokémon are ugly and unoriginal and barely look like pokémon! The new game mechanics they introduced are destroying the battle experience! The legendaries are nothing like they used to be! They changed it, now it sucks!

Actually, it's been going downhill ever since the second generation, when everything was ruined forever with the introduction of dark- and steel-types. Psychics were made weak to ghosts where they were once immune, and ghosts and bugs without a secondary poison typing - the thing that meant psychics had as much power over them as they should - were allowed to play. Things were just fine with just fifteen types, especially when psychic ruled them all. Splitting the special stat into offensive and defensive variations, when the mind is clearly one all-powerful thing, is just icing on the ruined-forever cake.

And they've been making it worse since then. More powerful moves that psychic-types are weak to? Abilities affecting the course of the battle? Splitting moves of the same type into physical and special categories? All of these increasingly crazy held items?

That's just crazy. Who wants to play by all of these rules? Things were superior in the RBGY generation. Everything was simpler back then, so much better, and Mewtwo was king.

Effects: With his vast psychic powers and selective perception of the world, Mewtwo can shape the world to his liking, and his liking is the world of the distant past. He can only really affect himself with his psychic powers, however, and can't deny the existence of these new, totally unoriginal pokémon invading his battle-space.

First, Mewtwo only has one special stat - known as "special", naturally - and moves that would boost or decrease his special attack or special defence will instead increase or decrease the special stat. Moves that affect both will affect the special stat by the same magnitude, so for example calm mind and amnesia will both boost the special stat by +2. This stat still only ranges between -6 and +6, however.

Second, the damage category of every move is determined solely by its type, at least as far as Mewtwo is concerned. Any water, grass, fire, ice, electric, psychic, dragon, and dark moves used by or against Mewtwo is modified by his special stat. Normal, fighting, flying, ground, rock, bug, ghost, poison, and steel moves affect his physical attack and defence stats as appropriate.

Abilities and held items that directly affect Mewtwo are ignored. This means he won't be affected by an enemy's iron barbs or static or synchronize, but he can't stop an opponent's inner focus or justified or speed boost abilities from activating.

Unfortunately, he can't quite ignore the effect that ghost moves have on him, or the existence of dark and steel types. And he can't ignore that all those new pokémon and moves actually exist.

Therefore, he loses n-1% health for every pokémon that comes on the field, where n is the generation number the pokémon originated in (but only once for each individual pokémon, and up to 5% in total for wild pokémon part of the arena description).

His anger at everything new also means it costs him 1.1x energy to use moves from Gen II, 1.2x energy for moves from Gen III, 1.3x energy for Gen IV moves, and 1.4x energy for moves from Gen V. He'll still use them - it's clearly Game Freak's futile attempt at trying to patch up the errors they shouldn't have caused in the first place, to restore Mewtwo to his rightful place - but only with much effort.

It sounded better in my head. Also, I didn't see Chief Zackrai's until now. >||||

Kinda a lot going on for just an abra, yeah. I would start by choosing only one of ignoring the physical/special split or ignoring items/abilities—preferably the phys/spec split because I'm not really seeing how he can ignore something like iron barbs, at least at this low an evolutionary stage. Considering it's otherwise pretty balanced, you should be able to add it back in as a kadabra with no problem.

Is the effect of Mewtwo's own synchronize also ignored? I assume so, but it would be best to clarify.

What happens when a fakemon is brought onto the field wrt the sent-into-play health loss? And just for the description's sake, why does just being in the presence of non-Gen I pokémon hurt him?

curare1.gif

Anticipation

Effects: The greenish-purple secretion that coats Curare Wurari's hands causes all poisoning inflicted by Curare's physical attacks to also have the effects of mild paralysis until the poisoning ends. All moves that have a chance of poisoning get a 10% boost in the chance of it occurring, due to the potentness of Curare's toxins. Curare must always spend the first action she spends on the field after being sent out applying the poison sap to her hands; she must do every time she is sent out, but due to the practiced ease with which she does so it always happens before any other pokémon can attack her.

Considering that poison doesn't go away on its own under normal circumstances and relatively few pokémon have a way of shedding it, I would change it to light paralysis/whatever the ref's lowest level of paralysis is until Curare evolves. And just to be sure, the paralysis caused by the poison interacts normally with paralysis from other sources, right? If I were to thunder wave something after Curare had already poisonlyzed it, it would make the same paralysis worse, right? Will that paralysis still fade (if only back down to the light paralysis initially caused by Curare)?

[Zuxnet] Porygon

The origins of the Zuxnet virus are unknown. What's painfully obvious, however, is it's intention-Zuxnet is little more than a weapon, the first to be made entirely of code. It is twenty times more advanced than any other virus ever created. Instead of relying on phony security clearances to get through firewalls and other protection, it uses Zero Days, holes in the programming that even the programmers are unaware of. These Zero Days fetch a high-price on the black market. Zuxnet has been found in a variety of places, from traffic lights to oil pipelines to nuclear power plants. It will simply lie in wait, unless it finds a target, namely the latter two of that list. It has the power to disrupt these heavily, and report back that everything was fine. Zuxnet wreaked havoc in foreign countries such a Iran.

Zuxnet infected a living organism, a Porygon. The virus was quickly cordoned off, so that the weapon of code could not become a Pokémon-controlling one. Indeed, the idea of an army of Porygon and it's evolutions controlled by a machine terrified people, so the world's finest intervened and sealed the Porygon off, digitally, so that it could not connect to the internet or transmit the virus to other Pokémon. But the virus became too ingrained in the Porygon's software to be removed. That Porygon is Zuxnet now. And it did what it was designed to-it found Zero Days, holes in the programming.
In life.
It seems our entire reality is merely computer code. Whether this was written by some god, or if we are merely a simulation made by someones else, or if this is something that occurs in nature, is unknown. Regardless, Zuxnet can see these holes. And it can find the holes in them, the millions upon millions of them in ever cubic foot, and exploit them. It does this constantly, as if it had a will of it's own.

Effect:At the end of every round, Zuxnet will exploit a Zero Day. When he does this, the code of life will momentarily become visible, bright white numbers being revealed for a few seconds. Then one of the following happens:
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day inflicting 5% typeless damage on a single foe.
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day curing Zuxnet of all status conditions, if it has any.
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day inflicting a random status effect on Zuxnet.
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day raising a random two of Zuxnet's stats by +1 each.
-There is a 10% chance of the Zero Day lowering a random two of Zuxnet's stats by +1 each.

In case it was unclear, one of the above must happen, no more, no less.

Can the same stat be raised/lowered by 2, or do two different stats have to be chosen?

Also not sure I would quite call porygon a "living organism", but I guess the rest of it is all right. Just clarify the above question.

Presumably, it wouldn't have to be ignored if I remove his ability to - er - suppress abilities >>; but yeah.

That's just crazy. Who wants to play by all of these rules? Things were superior in the RGBY generation. Everything was simpler back then, so much better, and Mewtwo was king.

Such is his rage over the new mechanics that he intentionally suppresses his own natural ability.

The presence of new pokémon forces cognitive dissonance, and what is "merely" mental discomfort in humans is even more extreme in psychic-types - especially psychic-types clinging so strongly to an outdated ideal. Therefore, he loses n-1% health for every pokémon that comes on the field, where n is the generation number the pokémon originated in (but only once for each individual pokémon, and up to 5% in total for wild pokémon part of the arena description). Fakemon don't matter, since they were never intended to exist by the Powers That Be and are just a quirk of Asber; the differences between this league's rules and the game canon are acceptable, if barely.

Last edited:

Revising

Phish (Corphish) Male

Signature Ability:
Commander in Charge*

Effects: Due to superior selective breeding, Phish is notably stronger than the average Corphish, and thus does 3% more damage per attack after all multipliers, with the cost of 3% more energy, and also possessing 28 base speed.

Zorua
Chime - female
<Illusion>

Signature Move: Echoes of Dementia

While it is well-known that Zorua and Zoroark can manipulate light reflection around them to take the form of other Pokémon, and most of them just stick with that. But Chime desperately wanted to go deeper, not just changing her form but the entire world around her opponent. For her, Illusion wasn't a technique but rather an art, and she wanted to become the master of it.

She searched far, going to various old libraries for old, most of the time torn apart books talking about the subject of illusionary visions, and she discovered most of them weren't caused by mad eyesight, but rather faint and barely perceptible sounds that disrupted the brain and affected its treatment of ocular stimuli, indeed giving the victim the impression it saw ghosts, visions, or even that the whole world around them distorted.

Chime became very interested by the subject, and began to wonder if she could produce those sounds herself. She trained with many Ghost Pokémon she encountered, who knew how to manipulate these high-frequency sounds to spook humans and Pokémon alike, and she finally got to master this very special technique - Echoes of Dementia.

First of all, Chime growls in a disruptively high-pitched tone, and the screeching sound inflicts mild damage on the target. But the real power of that move isn't its tympanum-breaking force, but rather the bizarre secondary effect it has on the target's brain.

Even after the last echoes of the growl fade away, a unnoticeable chime will hang up, and slowly infiltrate the target, disrupting it's entire vision of the world. It won't completely change, but rather alter into a terrifying world of darkness, similar to the Distortion World. Trees will lose their leaves and their branches will grow towards the victim like creeping fingers, rocks will sharpen like razor blades, the water will turn black and far away children laughs and bird peeps will be heard as howls.

The target will begin to panic, and while still focusing on the battle, won't be able to concentrate well, and all their moves will be executed jerkily and with less efficiency, due the the implacable fear they will feel. Of course, this is all an illusion, and inevitably the effects will fade away after a while - but will leave the victim struck by astonishment.

Type: Ghost | Single Target | 6% Special Damage | Accuracy: 100% | Energy: 8% | Duration: four actions

Effects: Upon being struck by Echoes of Dementia, the target's world as it sees it will be altered to a nightmarish version of it, and it will begin to panic. For the duration of the effects, the target will need to burn up 3% more energy for each move, will have it's Special Defense lowered by one stage and won't be able to use move that need relative calm or concentration (Calm Mind, Chill, Focus Punch, Zen Headbutt, etc). Since the effects of the move rely heavily on fear, Baby Pokémon or Pokémon with the ability Rattled will take double the damage, will use up 4% additional energy instead and their Special Defense will be lowered two stages. On the other hand, Dark-type and Ghost-type Pokémon as well as Pokémon with the ability Justified won't feel the effects of the move (they will still take damage, though), as they are either used to fear or can easily deal with it. This move is considered Sound-based.

Usage Gap: Four Actions after end of effects.

------

And an Evolution Update (Important changes in Italics):

Piloswine
Keilu - male
<Oblivious>

Signature Attribute: Static Fur

Keilu is a Piloswine that comes from very far, farther even than the mere Snowpoint city. Coat was given birth close to the North pole for what is known. In fact, the poor creature was found nearly dying of hunger by a lone group of searchers actually looking for Articuno. Keilu was the last survivor of his once proud and strong herd. Generations of his race had seen the light of the sun since the first few members of the group had crossed the Ice Bridge millenniums ago. But now that new predators are walking on the land that was once dominated by massive mastodons, the Great Swine Line of the Pole has seen his population decrease as the years passed. Intimidating white bears killed their their progeny before they were able to grow mature and swift weasels stole their eggs. At first the most imposing Mamoswines of the herd could defend it, but as the years passed fewer and fewer members achieved that stage, and the defense was getting weaker. When Keilu saw the light, he was the twelfth Swine of the herd. Only a couple of weeks after his birth, the herd was attacked by a group of Bears that the seven remaining Piloswines couldn't stand against. Keilu's family was mercilessly killed by the predators. Only him found the time to bury in the snow to avoid the same fate.

The important fact to know is that the Great Swines of the Pole had developed a special attribute exclusive to their line when centuries ago The Great Birds flew over the continent. The herd's defense technique (Stronger members around to protect the Swinubs that stay in the center of the circle) was only useful against grounded foes, the the little pigs/swines/whatever had to find a way to discourage the aerial foes. The Wise Pilo (a very old and wise Piloswine and direct ancestor of Keilu) found the way when he noticed the light that sparked from the Swinubs' fur when they rubbed against each other for a bit of heat. The static electricity resulting of the friction was enough to drive back the birds, and that technique soon became a staple in the young's education.

After generations of practice, the manipulation of weak electricity was in the herd's gens. Keilu is also able to use that energy to defend (or attack) against foes.

Since he evolved, Keilu has somewhat mastered the art, and no longer takes damage when his attribute activates. Additionally, he can now use the erratic electricity for offensive purposes, at the cost of a heavier energy cost.

Effects: Whenever a Pokémon makes contact with Coat (Regardless of who attacks, which means that Keilu using Tackle will have a chance to paralyze the opponent), it has a 30% chance of being moderately paralyzed. The paralysis rate can't be stacked, which means that Keilu using Body Slam, for example, will have a 30% chance of paralyzing the opponent. With his improved ability at manipulating the static electricity, Keilu can now use his electricity-filled fur offensively, effectively gaining access to the moves Spark, Thunder Wave and Wild Charge, but he uses up 3% more energy when he executes them, and since he loses static electricty while doing so, all effects of Static Fur disappear for two actions after he uses Thunder Wave, for three actions after Spark and for four actions after Wild Charge as he builds it up again.

The Original Attribute

Last edited:

[Zuxnet] Porygon

In life.

In case it was unclear, one of the above must happen, no more, no less. In the case of the stat lowering/raising effects, the same stat may not be selected. They must be two different stats.

Deino
[Draco] Deino (M)
Signature Attribute: Echolocation

It's a well-established fact that Deino and its evolutions are blind, or very nearly so; as cave-dwellers for most of their life, they really have little need for sight, preferring to crash and tackle their way into a new environment.

Of course, Deino aren't completely reckless; if they feel particularly threatened, they'll send out a Hyper Voice or Screech to test the waters. This has the unfortunate side effect of giving away their location, however, one that Draco doesn't like. That and having experienced the hax of a move missing five times has caused Draco to try to overcome Deino's natural bad accuracy. Practicing in the multitude of caves in Asber, Draco has fine-tuned the art of echolocation.

Effects: Draco's moves are restored to their pre-Hustle accuracy, along with another 5% accuracy boost. His attacks always move last in their priority bracket, though, regardless of speed, and his physical attacks lose their Hustle boost. Light-based attacks fail against him, and sound-based attacks carry a one-stage accuracy drop in addition to all other effects.

Bulbasaur

[Ralat] Bulbasaur (M)
Signature Attribute: Robosaur

Scientists have made mechanical Pokemon like Porygon. Others have made one-of-a-kind Pokemon like Blazhy. But Ralat is the first Pokemon that is both robotic and organic. By breeding a Ferrothorn with a Venusaur and experimenting on an embryo that would become Ralat, the first cyborg Pokemon was created. Ralat is this Pokemon.

Effects: Ralat is a Grass/Steel type and is genderless because it is a cyborg. Ralat also has the ability Magnet Pull instead of Overgrow and has the following movepool modifications:
-Slude, Toxic, Venoshock, Poisonpowder, Attract
+Zap Cannon, Electro Ball, Magnet Bomb, Lock-On

Back
Top Bottom