• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

League Championship 2011

If the round starts later than August 12, then I could ref up to six battles under the 3-day DQ. Otherwise, I'd rather not.

Thanks for the offer, but it won't be that long. We might need e-reffing at some point after the twelfth, though.

The first round is officially over, and second-round pairings have been posted. Threads will begin appearing as soon as I finish making referee assignments--and thank you to everyone who said they would help referee!

I think that the late round would hold 12 players totaling to 6 battles so that the next round would have 8 battles.

Why? Round three should yield five players, and we want eight players total going into the quarterfinals.

Well, currently, we have:
R1: 20 battles = 20 winners
R2: 10 battles = 10 winners
L1: 3 battles = 3 winners
R3: 6.5 battles = 3.25 winners???

By changing the late round into 12 players = 6 battles = 6 winners, it would turn into:
R1: 20 battles = 20 winners
R2: 10 battles = 10 winners
L1: 6 battles = 6 winners
R3: 8 battles = 8 winners
F-4: 4 battles = 4 winners
F-2: 2 battles = 2 winners
F: 1 battle = 1 winner

EDIT: Derp. Please ignore above post. Thought the late round would go into round three, not quarter-finals.

The late bracket is simultaneous with round three. They both feed into the quarterfinals. So round three is 5 battles (10 players) as stated, not 6.5/13.

Okay, all battle threads are ready to go, so send in your pokémon and song information. Remember, these battles are still three-day DQ with a one-week leave for absence, so don't take too long picking everything out!

What would happen if a particular match were to end in a draw?

EDIT: Also, is the arena open-roofed?

Last edited:
In the unlikely event that someone is disqualified before battle begins, would the person they lost to be allowed to replace them?

Prizes updated in the first post. These should, hopefully, be the for-real final ones.

Last edited:
I'll do it with my newfound "writing reffings without taking weeks" powers! It might still be a couple days, though, since there's a reffing I have taken weeks on that I should get to first.

I'll do it with my newfound "writing reffings without taking weeks" powers! It might still be a couple days, though, since there's a reffing I have taken weeks on that I should get to first.
That would be great! As long as tournament battles don't turn out to be krypton to your "writing reffings without taking weeks" powers. :P

Okay, there's only one battle left in round two, and it should hopefully wrap up fairly soon. I've therefore decided to open registration for the late bracket of the tournament. That means I need six people who'd be interested in getting in on the championship. At first, I'd like to reserve those spots for people who didn't get a spot in the earlier rounds, but if after three days there are still open spots, anyone who played in the tournament

I'm also looking for people to help referee the three battles in this little side-round. The DQ time is a standard week, so it should be a little less stressful than reffing for one of the tournament's earlier round. I can take any number of the battles, but would prefer not to!

For both players and referees, here's the lowdown on the battle conditions for the late bracket:

1 vs 1
DQ Time: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healers limited to 1/pokémon, chills to 3/pokémon
Terrain: Tree of Dreams

Many of the TCoD League's trainers are taking a protracted vacation to Unova, traveling around the region and dropping into different cities to watch or battle in the ongoing league championship. There's one group that's been taking a vacation of a different sort, though--a select few who elected to venture into Unova's Dream World rather than take the normal route around the Unova region, with the promise of a battle at the end of their excursion and a place in the league championship if they should emerge victorious.

There are many paths through the Dream World, but they all end at the same location: the Tree of Dreams, an incrediblly ancient plant whose boughs are draped with the dreams of pokémon from all around the world. It is thought that those who bring an offering to the tree's base may be able to change their dreams into reality, but there will be none of that today. No, today there will be only battling, the opportunity to change dreams of glory into reality for those who were unlucky enough to miss the earlier championship registration period.

The area around the base of the Tree of Dreams is a simple grassy field, offering nothing in particular to help or hinder any battler. However, since this is, after all, the Dream World, pokémon will have no trouble accomplishing astonishing feats like conjuring tidal waves from nowhere or dropping spectral rocks on their foe. There are no restrictions on the kinds of attacks that can be used here, save those imposed by the league.

While the battle is fairly simple, there has been one complication--the machine that brought the trainers and their pokémon to the Dream World have somehow separated the two, leaving the humans without the protection and, most importantly, battle prowess of their partners.

Fortunately, the league has generously provided each of the trainers with a full complement of berries with which to attract the wild pokémon inhabiting the Dream World in order to make up for this deficit. Initially, each trainer will be issued one of each of the following:

Oran, Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Oran, Persim, Lum, and Sitrus berries.

In addition, each player will be issued one type-resist berry of their choice.

How many berries are required to attract a pokémon depends on its rarity, as per the following list:

R1: Sitrus
R2: Sitrus, Chesto, Pecha, Cheri
R3: Sitrus, Lum
R4: Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Persim, Lum
R5: Oran, Lum, Cheri, Chesto, Pecha
R6: Oran, Sitrus, Lum, type-resist
R7: Oran, Sitrus, Lum, type-resist, Chesto, Pecha
R8: All berries

An evolved pokémon costs the rarity of its base stage + 1 for each evolution it has undergone, up to a maximum of eight. A base-stage pokémon that cannot evolve costs its normal rarity plus two, again up to the cap of r8. The pokémon that appears will have its Dream World ability, if any, and its sex will be randomized. Only pokémon appearing on this list may be chosen.

However, these berries are useful for more than simply calling forth a battling partner! Any berry not spent on attracting a pokémon can either be attached to that pokémon as its held item or kept in reserve. Any berries in reserve can be used, at the cost of an action, at any point during the battle. The effects of all berries are the same as usual and detailed on Sunnenrain Berry Mart's Complete Berry Information Sheet, a copy of which has been helpfully included in each trainer's resource pack in addition to the berries of themselves.

The league will reclaim any berries not used either to pay for pokémon or during the battle, so there's no point in hoarding them--yes, I'm talking to you, suspicious guy in the hoodie don't make me ask you to turn out your pockets after the battle.

The beginning of each battle will proceed as follows:

1. The first player chooses a pokémon, chooses a berry to attach to that pokémon if desired (if any remain), and chooses their type resist berry (if it was not spent)
2. The second player does the same and also posts attacks
3. The first player attacks

From that point, the battle proceeds as normal.

YES
ME
I AM INTERESTED IN BATTLING :D

My Thunderbird is currently hanging because I told it to play When Will My Life Begin? to grab my attention whenever this thread gets a new post, and apparently it hangs during the alert wav. Oops.

I might offer to ref, too, but I'd rather wait and see who else volunteers first.

Back
Top Bottom