• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TMI Time: Virginity

Are you a virgin?

• Total voters
Last time I checked, the age of consent in Iceland is fourteen, but sex between a person over eighteen and a person under eighteen is illegal. Which means it was quite legal for me to lose my virginity (the day after I turned seventeen, though that was a coincidence), but it became technically illegal again when he turned eighteen a few months later but I didn't. Not that anybody in the world would actually prosecute that.

There's no such thing as an "age of consent" in my country. Instead, we use the age below which sexual act could be considered presumed rape, which is, IIRC, 13 or younger.

There's no such thing as an "age of consent" in my country. Instead, we use the age below which sexual act could be considered presumed rape, which is, IIRC, 13 or younger.

Really? Wiki disagrees! (Besides, isn't that basically how the age of consent is usually defined?).

In Brazil, the age of consent is 14, regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation, with a close-in-age exception that allows those aged 12 to engage in sexual activity with partners who are less than 5 years older.

Really? Wiki disagrees! (Besides, isn't that basically how the age of consent is usually defined?).

Well it's not an "age of consent" because it's not explicitly said "age of consent". :P We extract an age of consent from interpreting a rule meant for something else.

About the other rule, I've never heard of it (and I'm a graduated law student!) and Wiki doesn't cite any references, so perhaps it's something decided in court? (which would definitely have its worth in the absence of written rule)

Last edited:
I am a virgin and quite proud of it. I've definitely kissed before but for sex, never done it. I'd rather wait until marriage plus the scare of STIs and such have kept me from doing it with anyone. Being in my last year of high school, I've been asked to have sex or just "play around" by a few guys and saying no made me get called rude things so I'm glad I declined. I'd rather wait to do it with someone I truly cared about and that truly cared about me.

I am a virgin and quite proud of it. I've definitely kissed before but for sex, never done it. I'd rather wait until marriage plus the scare of STIs and such have kept me from doing it with anyone. Being in my last year of high school, I've been asked to have sex or just "play around" by a few guys and saying no made me get called rude things so I'm glad I declined. I'd rather wait to do it with someone I truly cared about and that truly cared about me.

They were definitely jerks for blatantly asking you to have sex... Nice people are rare in this world.

They were definitely jerks for blatantly asking you to have sex... Nice people are rare in this world.

Especially in high school. The one guy was a guy I liked (silly I know) so it was somewhat hard to say no but it became easier when I found out he was doing this to other girls. It makes me loose hope in people....

Being in my last year of high school, I've been asked to have sex or just "play around" by a few guys and saying no made me get called rude things so I'm glad I declined. I'd rather wait to do it with someone I truly cared about and that truly cared about me.

I hate it when guys do that. I knew my ex for a month before he started being all "okay so I know you're saving yourself for marriage BUT YOU SHOULD *censored because I don't want to scar the younger members for like plus really really inappropriate and several of the members know this*" and I was like "ummmmmmm no thank you." To which his response was "BUT IF YOU TRUST ME YOU'LL DO IT" and my thought was "I WONDER WHY I DON'T TRUST YOU THEN."

Idiot.

Eh, it's better to not have to wonder about their motivations, I think.

Though I think "Let's have sex." "Okay!" is more common in college ...

""Let's have sex!" "Okay!"" is like, the dream. (unless you're looking for a relationship, in which case it's just kind of annoying)

I hate it when guys do that. I knew my ex for a month before he started being all "okay so I know you're saving yourself for marriage BUT YOU SHOULD *censored because I don't want to scar the younger members for like plus really really inappropriate and several of the members know this*" and I was like "ummmmmmm no thank you." To which his response was "BUT IF YOU TRUST ME YOU'LL DO IT" and my thought was "I WONDER WHY I DON'T TRUST YOU THEN."

Idiot.

Story of my life! One guy I was friends with had a crush on me and was all sweet and everything so within a year I fell for him. Then a year later, he turned into a sexist jerk (which I didn't know about until I went through this whole deal). He asked if I could send naked pictures of myself and obviously I didn't feel comfortable with it so I told him that and he said, "I'll delete it right after. You can trust me." I told him maybe since I didn't want to loose him as a friend. Then half a year later, I found out he was doing the same thing to my cousin who was three years younger than him O_O Like seriously. What is wrong with high school guys?

Idiot.

Story of my life! One guy I was friends with had a crush on me and was all sweet and everything so within a year I fell for him. Then a year later, he turned into a sexist jerk (which I didn't know about until I went through this whole deal). He asked if I could send naked pictures of myself and obviously I didn't feel comfortable with it so I told him that and he said, "I'll delete it right after. You can trust me." I told him maybe since I didn't want to loose him as a friend. Then half a year later, I found out he was doing the same thing to my cousin who was three years younger than him O_O Like seriously. What is wrong with high school guys?

I'm honestly curious about this: why do people want to wait until marriage to have sex? That just seems like such an arbitrary thing to me. It's not like sex is some sort of prize you should dangle over your partner's head, marriage is much more serious than sex, since it involves a ton of cash and legal agreements.
Sex involves the money needed for contraceptives aaand that's it as far as costs go. Woo!

As for me, I'm a virgin but that has something to do with me being both unattractive and uninteresting and also socially awkward? But if a friend asked, I'd put out, yeah. I'm not that bothered, really :^y

Funny thing about the hating that sex be withheld is that I've had peers expect me to have this attitude.

Even worse, if I ever claim to know a girl which one of them finds hot, the immediate question will be why I'm not banging that.

I'm pretty sure Viki is meaning that the particular brand of 'high school guy' who prepositions people with creepy 'woo send me pictures of yo titties' banter are not exactly likely to mysteriously stop being creepy once they graduate.

Back
Top Bottom