• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

It was evolved before I got the "pokémon that evolve through purchase get their EXP automatically" thing working, but since that's no longer the case, it's just your typical metang.

do rules changes apply to already-started battles?

actually, how do mechanics changes affect battles already started? if a new generation is released in the middle of a battle, do the new toys immediately become available ... or something?

Rules changes do not apply to in-progress battles.

Typically, you're allowed to start using new attacks immediately when they become available in the league, though; that would be the only exception that I can think of.

If we bought an evolution for say a metang before the EXP thingy, would we need to use it in more battles to make up for the 0/8 exp?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about a metang that has 0 EXP or got some a while ago because its evolution was paid for?

EXPLAIN: okay, My Wyrmarble evolved from a normal Dragomlet. It has 3/8 exp. Would a metang that the system shows as 0/8 count as a 0/8 or a 5/8 for purposes of damage and evolutin?

Wide Lens: A durable magnifying glass that helps the pokémon holding it draw a bead on its opponent and see through illusions. The accuracy of moves used by a pokémon holding this item is increased by 10%.

The description seems to indicate that a Pokemon with Wide Lens can see through Double Team. Does that actually happen? What about invisible Pokemon?

Wide Lens: A durable magnifying glass that helps the pokémon holding it draw a bead on its opponent and see through illusions. The accuracy of moves used by a pokémon holding this item is increased by 10%.

The description seems to indicate that a Pokemon with Wide Lens can see through Double Team. Does that actually happen? What about invisible Pokemon?
Double team yes, invisible no.

Or the ability Illusion?
Yes.

Does Disabling two different moves count as two different conditionals?
Yes.

Not sure where to ask this exactly, but: let's say a referee does a reffing on the 7th day after the commands are posted. However, it's a few hours past when the commands were posted, though it's still on the 7th day... does the referee still get the $1/Pokemon bonus?

They still get the bonus. I'm not going to go through and audit "oh this was fifteen minutes past the deadline REJECTED."

As long as it's clear the trade wasn't just "I want to change the signature move on this; who wants it for a couple days?"

Not sure where to ask this exactly, but: let's say a referee does a reffing on the 7th day after the commands are posted. However, it's a few hours past when the commands were posted, though it's still on the 7th day... does the referee still get the $1/Pokemon bonus?

...I thought it was $2/pokemon?

...I thought it was $2/pokemon?

From the referee HQ:
If a battle is reffed within one week of the last set of commands being posted, there is a $1 bonus per pokémon on the field ($2 for most battles, $4 for a double battle in which all pokémon are still active, etc.).

Also reading through the first post, another thing occurred to me: wouldn't it make sense for the emergency ref bonus money to be based off of number of Pokemon, as well? That way there's more incentive to pick up a dropped double, triple, etc. battle (and I think those are dropped more frequently than single battles, so).

Back
Top Bottom