• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Song Choice Mafia II [Innocent Win]

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
songmafiacopy.png

The Showhouse has seen its share of murder now, after two symphonies turned sour. Sacrifices to appease the Beast that lurks in the shadows of the great hall, deaths planned by angered songs... The Showhouse has been avoided for a long time since the last event, but now it has opened again, in a beautiful show of light and shadow, this time ran by a mysterious woman with flaming red hair and copper skin, her gold dress falling down past her feet.

After the doors shut, however, she reveals her true form - the flickering lady of flame that cut down the last batch of songs in her wrath, unhindered by any obstacle. And now, she wants a good show...

Hot Mess has granted you all special powers, based on your lyric and timbre, with which you will try (futilely, she adds) to worm out the ones she has given her...special favour to.

And so it begins.

---

Role PMs are out. 48 hours.

Last edited:
Re: Song Choice Mafia II

Dawn is heralded by the lights over the stage blazing to life, one by one, rousing the songs from their long slumber. But one spotlight does not go on, leaving a dark spot on stage, beneath where it was. Wary, one song travels up to turn one working light toward the dark spot.

What is revealed makes several of the songs make sounds of disgust, murmuring to each other.

The missing light seems to have fallen down, crushing the unfortunate song under it into a pulp and spattering blood and guts several feet in every direction. There is a large blue X visible painted on the floor under the body, meaning this was no accident...

Zero Moment is dead. He was Innocent. 24 hours.

Everyone seems to make killing Zero Moment their 1st Night Kill.

Well that's certainly a nasty way to die...

Pretty obviously a mafia kill, as there's no way this was some kind of accident. But how the heck did they convince him to stand in that one spot and get him crushed like that?

Lynch Zora of Termina

I inspected her last night; she showed up as mafia. If we can get rid of one mafia now, we might have a chance.

You know there are roles where you're innocent yet always inspect as Mafia, right? I think the Adventure Time Mafia can be used as an example. The Ice King was an innocent, yet was inspected as Mafia because that's the way the Jailer role works.

I'm not claiming to be a Jailer, however. I also bring to my defense the fact that the Paranoid Cop is also a role that exists. And if I know Colours, and I do (quite well in fact), he wouldn't tell you up front that that's your real role. Also, Aliens are a thing.

But fine. Lynch me. See where it lands you.

Lynch Zora of Termina

If I were actually innocent I would respond in a different way, and reveal my role, even if I were an important role because that would be better than getting voted off. I think she's mafia. Well, that's my judgement.

Once you are nominated, there actually is no real way to defend yourself. Claiming you are "this" role could either get you killed for being thought of lying, or paint a bulls-eye on you for the mafia to kill you the next night.

So...defending yourself as Zora did it pretty much how most would do it. Kill her if you want and see what happens. She can't say she's innocent because that's the stock answer to anyone with the rope fitted around their necks, but she will make you think about what you are doing.

As for me, I no strong feelings one way or another.

Once you are nominated, there actually is no real way to defend yourself. Claiming you are "this" role could either get you killed for being thought of lying, or paint a bulls-eye on you for the mafia to kill you the next night.

That is incorrect. Claiming you are "this" role at least gives you the chance of survival, and getting killed at night is always better than getting voted off at day, since at least you use up one of the mafia's kills and don't waste your day's vote.

Think of it this way: the night kills are the mafia's, the day lynches are the village's. They want to kill the other faction. Therefore it is better for a village-sided person to let him/herself get killed by the mafia rather than just letting him/herself waste the village's kill.

Zora

It's day one, and we actually have a lead. That's a pretty good reason to vote.

A quick burst of discussion breaks out among the songs, melodic voices both whispered and yelled alike. A song steps forwards with a scrap of valuable information, and the votes pile in. As the lights start to dim, the songs know it's time. The Beast hungers.

Bullet For Your Dreams steps forward as executioner, being the best-armed: she draws her twin pistols on You Lie, who stands stock-still and head high in front of the velvet curtain, which is rippling slightly as if in a breeze.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"Just do it already."

Two shots rings out and the gunpowder flashes light up the dim stage. Before the body can hit the floor, a great paw extends from the curtain, sharp blue claws gleaming, and takes away the sacrifice, a sudden, off-key chord ringing out.

Zora of Termina is Dead. She was Mafia. 24 hours.

The dawn comes with a blaze of light, spotlights flaring to life within moments. The scene that the lights reveal is none to pleasant - blood spatters the stage, even more so than was there from the previous events. The body of Play On is pinned to a pillar, a slender blade stabbed through one of her eyes, still wobbling slightly, as if abandoned hastily and recently.

Play On (Applejack) is dead. She was Innocent. 24 Hours.

Damn, that's such a sweet song. Sad to see her die :C

Anyway, it's a kill with a blade. Anyone have any ideas which one of these songs would wield a sword or thin knife of some sort?

More innocent blood is spilled by this...these /people/

As for the method that they were killed, do you think it ways on who may have been doing this, or something about the victim itself.

HighMoon

Unless a lead appears.

...Would you care to explain your rationale for this or are you just making a random guess? Because to be honest there's nothing pointing towards her being Mafia, much less a kill based around stabbing when her song is about bullets.

Her sentence "More innocent blood spilled by... these /people/" seems fake, and she was the only one who did not support the lynching of Zora (although she's smart and she didn't object to it either because the chances would be slim).

Basically, I think her behaviour towards Zora's outting and reaction of last night's death is suspicious.

On a separate note, I am going to declare myself a regular player on the "good side" with only really minor differences from a regular civilian. I won't mind too much if you guys vote me if I misjudge this situation because it's not catastrophic, but I still wouldn't want to die obviously. The bodyguard should make no effort to protect me if this vote succeeds and HighMoon is mafia.

You could also try and vote me out instead of HighMoon, but you will appear suspicious as I will be revealed to be innocent.

Really, you'd think Set Fire to the Rain was a violent enough song to get you to be mafia... :P

It would be helpful if more people participated in discussions, I think. Especially the inspector, who for all we know has sniffed out another mafia member.

Though her behaviour is indeed suspicious, and she is hamming it up a bit, it's not consistent with her weapon of choice, which as we saw before was a gun. As I've yet to figure out anyone who could have used a blade, I guess going with her is better than no leads at all. I still hesitate to cast my vote until I get word from more people. I am however giving a very stern look in her direction.

Back
Top Bottom