• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Never would use them beyond catching them for completion's sake, but they are an interesting concept in themselves. I also have a shiny one from a trade.

unown are amusing to play with in general, yes, that is indisputably true, I am right. useful is entirely irrelevant, as evidenced by the fact that we've managed not to kick them out after 79 hours. is that a record? considering the thread, I wouldn't be surprised. unown are too awesome to only have a day in daily pokémon discussion, right, we'd need 28 days, one for each unown. unown month, so to speak.

on the other hand, an rng is telling me pokemon:random = kyogre; perhaps it wants me to talk about exploding whales? ... a bit unfortunate to say, but kyogre isn't necessarily inflammable and explosive. what with its small size and weight, and not being a ball, it becomes not altogether impossible that it is composed primarily of non-inflammable gases.

... of course, even in the best case, its density comes out to much less than water. even taking a factor of 10 off the sphere abstraction, we still find ρ = 0.309 kg/L. yes, kyogre would float on water, and, indeed, would have to waste a lot of energy if it wanted to actually stay underwater for long periods of time. think about that.

whale physics is my specialty, yes.

Last edited:
Incidentally, on the subject of whale physics, Wailord actually CAN learn selfdestruct legally. Thought you might want to know if you didn't already.

I love Kyogre! the only thing I really didn't like was how slow it made battles in sapphire because
'go Kyogre! KYOOOORRRRREEeee it is raining! [rain animation]' and then more 'it is raining [rain animation]' like every single turn

I think one the reasons why Spheal-liners hide in caves so much (besides Hoenn being hot) is that they're afraid of Kyogre.

We need an actual dolphin Pokémon. Maybe legendary as well, but friendly, speedy and with more of that Special Defense.

I still prefer Rayquaza.

Of course Kyogre isn't explosive. It has something to do with him being resistant to fire.

While Groudon's Fire aspect is making him a fire legendary in a region without an official one, it's pretty normal for Water-types to know Ice moves. But wait, Ice is a counterpart to Rock and Ground in the Aqua/Magma thing.
(Is that why someone thinks that ice opposes Jade's associated element?)

Last edited:
Masquerain: I like it, but have never used it.

Unown: I love these guys. I used to have all of them in LG, but only traded some to Emerald before restarting :(

Kyogre: Eh. Rayquaza is infinitely better. I don't dislike it, but enjoy the prospect of exploding them more than the actual 'mon.

We all know that pokemon anatomy isn't real anatomy because 1 ton isn't that heavy at all and the pokemon people make a big deal out of how Groudon is the heaviest thing ever.

Kyogre's design is awesome because the red design on its hand-fins have "H2O" hidden in it. The big circle is the O, the |-| right underneath is the H, and one of the zig-zag lines looks like a 2 if you look at it sideways. I'm pretty sure this is intentional. Also, it looks like a killer whale.

Kyogre's design is awesome because the red design on its hand-fins have "H2O" hidden in it. The big circle is the O, the |-| right underneath is the H, and one of the zig-zag lines looks like a 2 if you look at it sideways. I'm pretty sure this is intentional. Also, it looks like a killer whale.

That is so cool.

Also, according the Bulbapedia, there's evidence that Kyogre can fly? Deliciousyes.

We need an actual dolphin Pokémon. Maybe legendary as well, but friendly, speedy and with more of that Special Defense.

kyogrestats.png

Actually, Kyogre draws some design inspiration from the Orca whale, which is actually in the dolphin family!

See?

orca.jpg
kyogre.jpg

@Coloursfall: I'm pretty sure sv_01 meant dolphins as in this:

CORED00Z.jpg

Anyhow, Lugia is sort of a dolphin with wings, if you look at the way it swims and jumps out of the water (can't find an image right now, will edit/post if found). Being partially based on a dolphin would also explain Lugia's psychic typing (since psychic type is the "intelligent" type).

Back
Top Bottom