• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sad Things You Do To Your Pokemon Without Noticing

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
I can't speak for you guys, but it happens to me all the time. For example, I used to be really good with the starters, back in the third Generation. Lately, however, Sammurott is always my HM slave. Also, I have a tendency to not teach my Legendaries HMs, so I abuse everyone else in my party to do it to them instead. Any of you guys do anything of the like?

Yeah, that- oh yeah, I just got a bunch of nice, weak and rare Pokemon over GTS negotations, so I'm grinding them by making them battle Pokemon thirty something levels over them. Heh, if they die I just move on to the next one. Oh no!

Avoiding training them, so they always faint against Pokemon 10 levels higher than them.

I think making my pokemon fly me places while they're unconscious is pretty damn cruel.

are they actually unconscious though? I thought the 'faint' status just meant they were too weak to battle; considering most pokemon that know fly can fly anyway, it probably wouldn't be so bad for them to fly to a pokemon centre so they can feel better. I mean considering that getting a pokemon to fly/other HM while unconscious is not only cruel, but probably not actually possible, it makes more sense to me for 'faint' to mean 'unable to battle'. I think that's what they say in the anime, too.

I dunno, i think leaving pokemon in the computer for ages seems a bit cruel, because iirc the canon doesn't really elaborate on what it's like in there.

I dunno, i think leaving pokemon in the computer for ages seems a bit cruel, because iirc the canon doesn't really elaborate on what it's like in there.

All I can remember is that from the gen I anime, Professor Oak personally took care of all the Pokémon that Ash stored away in the PC.

It seems very unreasonable though, that all Pokémon kept in PC boxes could be given this same treatment.

are they actually unconscious though? I thought the 'faint' status just meant they were too weak to battle; considering most pokemon that know fly can fly anyway, it probably wouldn't be so bad for them to fly to a pokemon centre so they can feel better. I mean considering that getting a pokemon to fly/other HM while unconscious is not only cruel, but probably not actually possible, it makes more sense to me for 'faint' to mean 'unable to battle'. I think that's what they say in the anime, too.

Fair, but there's also having my pokemon fly me places when it's poisoned/burned/asleep/frozen/paralyzed. u_u

Let's see, I make my pokemon breed a lot, making them use HMs while unconsious, and, um, sometimes I make them faint on purpose. And most of my pokemon are just sitting in the PC(which really can't be that bad because it doesn't lower their friendship).

I always laugh at their sprites.
Also, whenever I start a new Pokemon game, my starter is usually like 20+ levels higher than some other Pokemon i catch, so when the starter is low on HP, i send out a weak level 6 or so pokemon from my party to battle so I can heal the starter without it getting hit. And the low levels never really have a chance against the pokemon i battle when I do that.

If they're aware of it, either they have some hellish experience of disembodied consciousness, or are subject to a virtual reality. But even in the case of a virtual reality, if they really like their trainer they might be sad that they're not there (unless there's a virtual trainer in there, but imagining that makes it sadder for me D: ).

Or they're not aware of it at all and being left in there indefinitely isn't all that different from death.

EDIT: Or yeah Professor Oak looks after them all

I make them eat herbal medicine, the ones what that don't evolve by happy and that don't know return, in any case, is more cost-efficient at higher levels, eh? I mean, I supplement with fresh water but. but it's ~good for them~ and cost-efficient, eh, maybe that doesn't count.

Sometimes I just force them to breed and them release them. So sometimes the baby never knows its mother... And thinking of the interspecies breeding thing, it might creep them out a bit.

Back
Top Bottom