• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

I do not. I returned it to Light before he died

I believe it should end the game. It was good; very well thought out MF.

When Wargle returned, she did with many stories of the spirit world to tell (although Zero Moment had none such, leading to a strangely disparate answer to the classic question of what one might find on the other side of death).

It was staunchly clear that the dead -- or, so far, about 50% of them -- were not quiet. It seemed as if Wargle's journeys and slumbers led her to one apparent truth: that Butterfree could not be trusted.

Naturally, she attempted to debunk the formerly deceased, and swore to innocent that she was God, but there were more people inclined to believe against her than in her.

"Tch. So close..." She whispered. "I guess all I can do now is not go down without a fight."

And indeed, Butterfree defended herself to the very end -- but could not inflict nearly as much damage on the approaching mob as they inflicted upon her, even if some of the bruises on the living would probably be smarting and throbbing for quite a few days.

Could this be the end of the game? Not all questions were answered just yet... A most odd sense of foreboding followed the surviving players into the next night.

Battle Girl Butterfree was defeated! She was neither innocent nor mafia.

48 hours for night actions.

Still postively distrustful but entirely unharmed, the remaining citizens gather once more. Could this be their chance to sort out where their suspicions must now lay?

No one has died.

48 hours for discussion.

What...

(To be honest, I kind of expected someone to be dead and for that someone to be me. Just because there's been so much weird stuff going on this game.)

Okay, uhm, we have a problem here because everyone here (except me, I guess, I'm still the distrusted/unproven one but insert assertion of innocence here) has either flipped innocent upon death (Wargle and Zero Moment) or been stated to have been innocent by Wargle (RTB). Wargle is almost certainly trustable as innocent at this point, and RTB by proxy, so that leaves Zero Moment.... do we fear an alien-esque role?

I was fearing alien-like last round, so...I think we're in trouble. I'm afraid to try and linch Zero Moment, and I'm not sure what actions we can actually take at this point.

I was fearing alien-like last round, so...I think we're in trouble. I'm afraid to try and linch Zero Moment, and I'm not sure what actions we can actually take at this point.

Well, I don't have a killing action (and notably, Zero Moment claimed to have some sort of protection from killing actions and voting before), so that might be our only option.

Um. I confuse.

ZM's revive is werid, and other than that the only lead is Mai is the only living player I haven't inspected. So, two choices. I'm not all that sure which is right, if any

Um. I confuse.

ZM's revive is werid, and other than that the only lead is Mai is the only living player I haven't inspected. So, two choices. I'm not all that sure which is right, if any

Did you do anything last night? Can't you inspect me?

Anyway, in my defense, pretty much everything short of actually proving my innocence has been done (proving I didn't lie about my night action, proving my lovers were innocent, proving that Butterfree, my main accuser the last day phase, was third party), so. I've also been mostly helpful, while ZM... has not. The only issue here is if we're afraid to lynch him, and it seems we are (but note that he did have a killing night action before he died/revived - though if he wanted to use it and damn himself as third party he probably could've done so last night). If we don't have a killing action around here, we might as well lynch him, though; aliens typically don't sit around waiting to be lynched when the game would otherwise end, and it would be pretty unfair for that to be the only way for the game to finish.

I can't use my night actions when I'm alive.

I don't pick who I inspect, 'tis all random

And it seems ZM is being rather unhelpful when it comes to the game, so...

tbh I have no idea why I was revived. RTB said he didn't revive me, so idk. The lenny face yesterday was in response to Butterfree's vague attempt at deflection towards me, and my earlier post was a shitty reference towards this guy.
The only person not confirmed innocent by death or vouching by a confirmed player at this time is Mai. With this apparent no-Mafia game, her power has always struck me as mini-Cult Leader-ish, especially with the one-sided death terms, the ability to use the 'lovers' as cannon fodder, and whatever Eifie's mysterious night action was. With this, I nom Mai, and hope she doesn't suddenly raise an undead army of vengeful lovers or something equally absurd.

tbh I have no idea why I was revived. RTB said he didn't revive me, so idk. The lenny face yesterday was in response to Butterfree's vague attempt at deflection towards me, and my earlier post was a shitty reference towards this guy.
The only person not confirmed innocent by death or vouching by a confirmed player at this time is Mai. With this apparent no-Mafia game, her power has always struck me as mini-Cult Leader-ish, especially with the one-sided death terms, the ability to use the 'lovers' as cannon fodder, and whatever Eifie's mysterious night action was. With this, I nom Mai, and hope she doesn't suddenly raise an undead army of vengeful lovers or something equally absurd.

But my lovers were confirmed innocent by death. Why would my role be mini-cult leader-ish if the people I loved were innocent? And it wouldn't make sense for them to just show up as innocent and still be cult when we've had so many other third party deaths. (Plus, if I was cult leader, would I really want to send Eifie to her death? Eifie herself suggested it, which wouldn't make sense if she was in a cultist minority.) Cannon fodder doesn't really make sense here.

Those were really unhelpful and alien-baity posts. It looks like to me that since we were about to actually lynch you ignoring the alien-esque fear, you changed your tune, and not out of any innocent sense of suspicion or anything. So Zero Moment, I guess.

Alternative idea: lynch Wargle again and hope she inspects one of us again. Particularly hopefully me. However, that risks killing powers going rogue... sort of.

So um, bringing up a dead horse here, now that Butterfree is gone, which one of you really did The Thing?

Both of you are not exatcly in the most trusted list right now, and I don't want to rush into this without thinking. Hopefully we get more discussion/I get a revelation in my sleep.

So um, bringing up a dead horse here, now that Butterfree is gone, which one of you really did The Thing?

Both of you are not exatcly in the most trusted list right now, and I don't want to rush into this without thinking. Hopefully we get more discussion/I get a revelation in my sleep.

I didn't do it, so it was either her or someone else.

What do you think about lynching you again to get more information?

I wasn't alive to do The Thing. I was as surprised as anyone else, I guess. Wasn't really paying attention around that time, as I was, indeed, dead.
If you were to change their alignments, it would be an actual Cult Leader, not an ersatz one. And the cannon fodder thing was in reference to your bussing power that I'm not really clear on but I vaguely remember something about changing kill powers from yourself to your lover or something this was a while ago

If you were to change their alignments, it would be an actual Cult Leader, not an ersatz one. And the cannon fodder thing was in reference to your bussing power that I'm not really clear on but I vaguely remember something about changing kill powers from yourself to your lover or something this was a while ago

But it wouldn't make sense to be both a cult leader and a lover maker, would it? The only reason to have the lover power I do now if I was a cult leader would be to have a ridiculous amount of people die if I do. That's not very balanced or helpful. (The massacre day one of Gen VI Pokechoice Mafia was unintentional, remember.)

My role play diverted killing actions from me to any other player, and could only actually kill someone once. (I had unlimited uses as long as they were unsuccessful, and could hypothetically divert attacks from me for free if my target was unkillable or healed.) I only killed Eifie to prove her alignment and my claim. But that power is gone now; I'm guessing I had it to offset the increased risk of death you get when someone is in a lover pair (even if it's lopsided).

Eh, lynching me once I got all nice and alive D:

I dunno. If we don't get a better idea then I guess

Back
Top Bottom