• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Finals

I liek Squirtles

sobble squad
Pronoun
he
Pretty self-explanatory. What finals will you be taking and when?

My school divides each semester into two periods. If a student gets an A in both periods for a certain class, you don't take that class's final (there are some exceptions: AP classes, and a math teacher that left who gave the final to everyone and who I really wanted to take classes with). I managed to get an 82 in English in the first period because of a very ugly F, so that's the only final I'm taking.

Music History, Conducting, guitar, piano, Italian, Music in Therapy. All sometime on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I'm not in the mood to study for Music History since I have more pressing matters to worry about (guitar and Music in Therapy especially!) but alaaaaas

Oh, instrument finals sound fun! I'm sure they're probably nerve-wracking because they involve performance, but at least it's something actually enjoyable.

I just have Biology. It can't possibly be that hard, really; in general, cells are not incredibly difficult. The most difficulty I'll encounter is probably naming the stages of mitosis based on pictures or something-- I never cared much for memorisation.

At the moment I'm taking Enumerative Combinatorics, Advanced Real Analysis, Chaotic Dynamical Systems and Commutative Algebra & Algebraic Geometry.

I'm not at all worried about the chaos theory, it's just an introductory course so it's pretty basic stuff. Everything else has got me panicking, though. Especially the combinatorics. They make it sound so easy, but then they're all "find a bijection" and it's just impossible! How are you supposed to figure out these moon logic puzzles? Ugh! And don't even get me started on the algebra. What the hell is a sheaf? What even is a sheaf??

As of last week, all done and done. Other than the two of them I outright didn't show up for, I think I've done pretty well this time. Still, those grades are taking their sweet fucking time going online.

I have animal physiology this Monday, cell and systems biology and biopsychology on Wednesday, and social psychology on the 18th.

My university loves to organize things so that all the science and math courses are lumped in the beginning so we can't possibly study for them all properly so hopefully we'll fail and they can kick some students out??? idk man.

I'm pretty confident for animal physio and I don't need that high of a mark on biopsych since I did well on previous tests, but I'm nervous about cell and systems because I don't think I'll have enough time to study well, and I need a fairly high mark for social psychology, so. A bit worrying, but all in all not bad, I guess.

i forget the exact days but i have a jazz final, music theory I and music of ireland (are you sensing a theme). i think also shakespeare tour but he has told us zero about that

for directing we technically have to come in but we're just eating and talking about the class

I've got exams in Thermodynamics & Statistical Mechanics, Electricity & Magnetism, Linear Algebra, and Probability & Statistics.

I'm not too worried about the last two, but both the Thermo and the E&M exam are on Monday and I am pretty worried about them. n_n

My school doesn't have finals until May. Except for Calc 3, because that's a transfer course with a college, but I'm not worried about that. Mid-term exams are in january, though, for which I have to take English, CompSci, Statistics, Psychology, and Physics. All of which are AP classes but none of which I am struggling in except for Physics. Which shouldn't be hard but it's incredibly difficult - no matter how well I think I understand it, I don't.

This post is preceded by nervous laughter.

Astro, Calc 2 and my seminar (on Shakespeare) all have finals on Monday (a week from tomorrow.) Those should go well enough.

What I'm worried about is my Physics final, on the Thursday (the 18th). My class performance has been alright, but due to a few issues with the class (partially due to me choking, and partially due to my professor's incredibly terrible job at being a professor) I'm sort of at a do-or-die level right now. I did terribly on my midterms, and I have no idea where they lie with the curve, so I'm assuming that I need a really good score on the final to break even and get a C in the class.

So yeah.

It can't possibly be that hard, really; in general, cells are not incredibly difficult.
lol wow that's me out of a job then

No finals for me ever again; none that count, anyway. I'm sure I'll take some online courses and the like for fun, but my transcript is pretty well done and over with now.

lol wow that's me out of a job then
I'm in ninth grade. They're probably super hard in real life, but I'm just learning about the basics for now, and presumably, it doesn't get that much harder in highschool, unless chemistry involves learning about cell anatomy.

Final for my Utopia in America class tomorrow, Bio on Thursday, and a 12-page term paper due on foundlings and orphans in pre-modern Europe due the 17th.

While I have all my literature for my term paper, I, naturally, have not even begun to read it and plan the paper.

mW0Vftt.gif

My exams aren't until January. As always, I don't feel worried about them but I do feel worried that I'm not worrying about them.

Analysis is probably the one I should be most worried about. My other courses are either easy or I've concentrated most of my homework effort on. Analysis is in the middle in that it isn't easy but it's not hard enough for me to work harder on it throughout the year than my other courses.

4/6 exams done.

Music History was probably the one I'm least confident about, simply because despite having a photographic memory my ability to remember dates and names of musical works (especially when they're from the damn 1600s) is not exactly top-notch. I know I got a 94 on the listening portion, though, which is a good sign at least.

Music in Therapy was surprisingly easy. Here my photographic memory actually did help. I knew we were going to have to be able to provide examples of the six settings and four levels of music we talked about - a total of 24 possibilities. I wrote down an example of each possibility on my review sheet, glanced over it right before the test, and was able to use my photographic memory to remember where on the sheet each possibility had been so I could transfer it to the test. Music in Therapy isn't the hardest class anyway; if you pay attention and know some basic vocab, the rest comes logically.

My conducting final was the best one yet! I was conducting this little piece from Handel's Messiah. I got every cue and was attentive to every dynamic and stylistic change, surpassing the teacher's expectations. (He knows I'm an atheist, and he joked afterward that he thought I had been converted for a little bit during my conducting it.) I was also really solid on the questions he asked about Handel and the Messiah itself - mostly cause we just talked about Handel and the Messiah in music history, heh.

Then was my guitar proficiency. I had to play a few prepared tunes, sight read both normal music and tab style (and put chords to the staff music), play in a few different styles, transpose at will, and respond to the teacher asking me for specific artists or genres. That latter part I had the most trouble on - I didn't know any heavy metal, spiritual, or Taylor Swift, three of the things she asked for (my poor theoretical music therapy clients ; ;) but I was able to redirect... usually. Either way I passed (though it wouldn't have mattered if I failed. The proficiency is solely for music therapy majors, which means I didn't need to take it since I'm switching to bachelor of arts in music this coming semester. I took the proficiency because I wanted to.), with the stipulation that I have to perform on guitar in front of my peers in the spring, so that I might work on my vocal abilities (my biggest concern - dammit, Jim, I'm an instrumentalist, not a singer!) in the meantime. I've gotten so much more confident since starting school, so it's not a problem for me to do that, haha.

Tomorrow is my piano jury and Italian, neither of which I'm particularly worried about.

My finals are next week on Thursday and Friday. I don't really know what I'll be exactly doing for each class, but I do know that half of them don't even contribute to any large portion of my grades. Like, Honors English is 5%, I believe. and I get half days, so cool?

Back
Top Bottom