• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Elite Four Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

Re: Elite Four Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

Just to be clear on why I voted the way I did, because whatever happens to me I feel I need to get this little rant off my chest: talking is always better than not talking, even if you don't think you have anything to say, and in the absence of other evidence I am always going to prefer lynching quiet people over talkative ones because silence is anti-town. You aren't helping town if you aren't talking, because talking and voting are literally the only things most roles can do during the day; if you really can't bear to lynch someone, whatever, we'll agree to disagree on that, but then you need to talk. I'm sorry, but I just can't understand why people don't even try to actually do the one thing they can do to play the game outside of the night phase. This goes for ZM and for everyone else who's been quiet, and no matter how this vote goes, be aware that come postgame I am going to drown every single one of you in extreme fatherly disappointment if you all don't bloody start talking. >(

Also, it's a hell of a lot more interesting than a series of back-to-back GM posts, no matter how witty MF might be. Why on earth would anyone actively work against that by not posting? I just... I just don't get it.

Anyway. I'd really rather like to hold on to my claim if at all possible, since I still feel like I can get some use out of it yet, but if you insist... well, you can't actually say anything (ugh this seems like an interesting mechanic and all but I really really do hate anything that intentionally stifles group discussion, especially at the same time something entertaining is happening!), but I guess I'll do so if there are a lot of other votes against me.

"Go, Kratos Aurion!"

End of the line. Metagross versus Haxorus. Each Pokémon absolutely covered in injuries, their tough armored parts all dinged and cracked. However, because of its Dragon Dance move, the weapon-tusked dragon managed to gain the upper hand for just the right moment, landing some wicked vertical chops that took the Iron Leg Pokémon down with a sickening noise of twisted steel.

It had been an incredibly exciting battle. The crowd was on fire -- not literally, but you could have been fooled. And to finish off the thrilling scene in great style, one last command left Iris's grinning lips.

Steven Stone was now half the man he used to be.

Kratos Aurion, the Steven Stone, is dead. They were mafia.

72 hours for night actions.

Things continued to escalate in the conference hall.

The first thing most noticed in the morning was a new rug on the floor that looked awfully like Shauntal. Except it wasn't a rug, so much as it was a completely flattened body. Unfortunately, no matter what Iris's cartoons said, she wasn't fine after somebody stuck a balloon pump in her mouth. And to make matters worse, papers found on the corpse (and extracted with great difficulty) implied that the Elite Four trainer from Unova was in cahoots with that loser who lost big time yesterday, and they had been up to no good.

Later that day, they also found out that Blue died as he lived: with a bloated head and both middle fingers up.

Superbird, the Shauntal, is dead. He was mafia.

Negrek, the Blue, is dead. She was innocent.

72 hours for discussion.

Okay. Okay. With that, I should probably come clean about some stuff.

Superbird had a power that allowed him to choose people and then he could talk to them outside of the thread, and I got chosen. We didn't really communicate much until last night. I initially used my roleblocking/preventative power on Negrek, because I had a strong, strong suspicion Negrek was a useful Innocent based on their immediate support of Lilycolo, when Kratos turned out not to be Mafia. Then Superbird contacted me asking me to protect him because of some absurd thing that was probably incorrect. Given my general naivete and the fact that I haven't really participated in Mafia in a good long time, I sent to Metallica the wish to change my roleblocking/prevantive vote to Superbird. I'm not sure why it didn't work. Maybe the reason Superbird is dead was something that overruled my power, or maybe someone else had a roleblocking power they used on me? I have absolutely no idea. But the fact remains that I directly tried to (unknowingly) protect both Superbird and Negrek last night! And now I feel responsible for Negrek's death since I totally knew they were Innocent and relevant but I decided to forego (Firefox why are you telling me that that's not a word and "forgo" is, that can't be right) that because Superbird ... asked me to.
But regardless, the reason I'm coming clean about this is that with Superbird's reveal as a Mafia member, and the fact that I can confirm firsthand that Superbird's power was to create a network of chosen members, is there anyone else out there whom Superbird chose to talk to who'd be willing to step forward? There could very well be something in this network that could implicate whatever Mafia members may be remaining.

I may be risking my own neck by putting all this out here, but again, naivete and the fact that I haven't participated in a Mafia game in forever. It also just feels relevant to me that both Negrek and Superbird died when I tried to protect both of them at different points last night.

I would like to add something else about the previous night. When I decided to switch my protection from Negrek to Superbird, I even said to Superbird, "I already protected Negrek, but I'll see if MF will let me switch." So I think they knew I was switching my protection from Negrek.

I'm convinced that Negrek was either the person who set up Lilycolo and Kratos to fight (if it's a third party that does that?? haven't been in enough MF Mafia to know) or an inspector that knew Kratos was mafia, and that's why they had a target on their head the following night. If they were inspector, the roleblocking aspect of my power could have been problematic, but they would have been alive the next day to tell us what they knew about Lilycolo or Kratos or the game in general and even if no new info had been gleaned due to the roleblock, they still could have been valuable. I was even debating with myself over whether to block Superbird after he asked me to or not, since I had a serious hunch Negrek would be the best person to protect, but ultimately - perhaps again due to my overly-trusting nature - ended up blocking/protecting Superbird. I suppose it's good, then, that my attempt to protect Superbird failed for whatever reason, since I would have been directly responsible for deciding not to protect an innocent under fire and instead protect the Mafia without realizing it!

But nonetheless, we now have lost 2 mafia and 4 innocents, and there are 10 people left in the game. One, and maybe two or even three, of us are Mafia. Whatever happened with Negrek and Superbird and whatever is not something I can change. I'm just talking about all of it in the interest of full disclosure, and because I'm interested in seeing whoever else Superbird might have recruited (he never gave me the names of the other people in the network he had amassed, only mentioned a couple of roles, which very well could have been fabricated), if they're willing to come forward, and I'd understand if they weren't.

I'm sorry for being so rambly and confusing. It's just all relevant to me in a way the rest of the game ... wasn't.

Holy wall of text, Batman.
I'd say with 16 players, there wouldn't be more than two Mafia left.
I have to wonder if there was some Strongman stuff going on or something. If you weren't blocked, that's the only thing I could think of that would go through a heal.

Hmm. Interesting.

Um. RE: Strongman. that's the only thing I can think of, unless for some reason Superbird has a mod that made him commit suicide when targeted, but that's stupid because he asked to be targeted so.

I don't know why a roleblocker would target a jailkeeper unless they either don't believe alti or they're a maf/3rd roleblocker

Um. RE: Strongman. that's the only thing I can think of, unless for some reason Superbird has a mod that made him commit suicide when targeted, but that's stupid because he asked to be targeted so.

Could have been a suicide-bomb attempt to get rid of Negrek. I still am convinced Negrek had a very important role (or at least the Mafia believed they did), but then it just gets into "really?" confusing territory - Superbird then is a Mafia, who can create links outside the Mafia, who also dies when targeted??

I don't know why a roleblocker would target a jailkeeper unless they either don't believe alti or they're a maf/3rd roleblocker

Doubt they would be Mafia, since Superbird was Mafia. I mean, what point would it serve to say "protect Superbird", then prevent me from protecting Superbird, then Superbird dies? I'd say it's either someone who didn't believe me or had some sort of power that contradicted mine. (Or, it could have been a random roll, if MF randomizes un-sent night actions, idk.)

The only reason for mafia roleblocker I have is that super said that you were blocking Negrek and trying to change, and never got informed that it was successful. Again, unlikely.

So either Strongman/Untrusting/Randomized (I don't think MF does this though, I think they just don't happen so)

I nearly used my power to neutralize Superbird, but decided to wait a little longer before using my action.

I suspected him just based on the fact that he was the first to vote in Kratos Aurion's favor. It turns out that my suspicion was correct. Now, given that there are still either 1 or 2 mafia left, I'd say there's a high probability that either Wargle or Zexion is mafia (or maybe even both). I'm going to go ahead and nominate Zexion just because the only time he posted was to help Kratos.

P.S. Wargle broke the rules, so I'm surprised she wasn't modkilled.

Rolled up newspaper was applied. (painfully, might I add. It was a sunday edition) Forgot different rule set for gladiator.

So either Alti was purposefully blocked or strongman confirmed. But wait... why? Usually strongman is a Mafia mod, not a vig (which makes it a juggernaught, not a vig)? Not discounting but it just occurred to me that that is a really weird role. And it hasn't been attacking every night, so it wouldn't be mafia (as if killing a mafia didn't clear it as non mafia)

Hm, I don't think we can really go anywhere else on the Strongman thread, unless someone offers up some new information. We should probably see what Zexion has to say.

I've never posted a lot in Mafia games unless I've had something to say. I only supported Kratos because Lily seemed flustered in her posts and Kratos was making more sense in what they said.

Yeah, Wargle, Zexion and Superbird are the only ones who voted in Kratos' favor. One of them is obviously confirmed Mafia. I'd consider it a stretch to say that both Zexion and Wargle are Mafia just because of that, and by reverse, that everyone who voted for Lilycolo (VM, Zero Moment, Negrek obvs, and myself) is innocent - having been Mafia in past games I totally get the idea of appearing innocent by voting off someone whom I know is Mafia. Meanwhile, either Wargle or Zexion could be a clueless innocent that figured Kratos was more trustworthy than Lilycolo for whatever reason they might be thinking. Hell, Lilycolo could even be a Mafia member, because just because she fought Kratos doesn't excuse that possibility. If Negrek was an inspector like I suggest, they could have seen Kratos as mafia and gone to get rid of Kratos, but that doesn't mean Lilycolo is absolved of all suspicion.
Though of course I'm just kind of running off the people who participated in the gladiator fight yesterday. I wouldn't expect the Mafia to stay 100% silent during that fight since one of their own is involved, which is why I suspect that at least one person that's either Lilycolo or someone who voted is Mafia, and of course my natural suspicion is going to fall on the people who supported Kratos - especially since Superbird did so and ended up being confirmed Mafia.

I'm looking through the thread to look for people (though mostly those who voted) for suspicious activity. I did note this:
"This is not good. We have no leads at the moment, and abstaining endlessly will kill us." from Wargle. The use of "abstaining endlessly will kill us" is obviously using "us" to mean "innocents" because the Mafia benefits more from abstaining than do the innocents, but without any prior establishing, it looks like an attempt to be like "hey look at me I'm an innocent just like the rest of you!" which struck me as a little odd. I just can't picture an actual innocent saying that for some reason.
"Though I do have the feeling we'll be losing ILS tonight because he spoke up." again with the "we", and also a prediction that came true, and a very, very quick response - ILS had merely said "i can see what kind of role people have" which doesn't automatically pose a threat to the mafia... unless the person saying that is a mafia and is paranoid, yknow?
"It's a good role to use if we found a mafia but on an inspector? It'd be pointless to heal if it blocks him and makes him worthless."
... True. But could this be an attempt to prevent me from protecting ILS so that Mafia kills could go through?

Ooh, found something interesting. From Dazel: "I'm Lance. My illegal dragonite can protect me from being killed once and only once, instead killing the person that targetted me. Not incredibly useful, I suppose."
What if this was actually what happened to Superbird, and Negrek was killed via healerclash or vigilante or something? I have 0 proof for this but it's just a thought.

I'm not trying to point fingers at you, Wargle, regardless of how it may seem. There's just not a lot of discussion to go on, but you've been more talkative in the thread so obviously it's easier to dissect your posts than, like, Butterfree's single post. I'm just trying to throw information out there to spark discussion. It's up to everyone else how you feel about it, and I don't want to vote until I see a few other people's opinions on the matter.

Zexion: That is actually the reason I voted for Lilycolo, incidentally. Her flusterment and unwillingness to deal with it struck me as far more genuine than Kratos' carefully-thought-out responses, and made me a little more suspicious of Kratos - I was suspicious from the get-go because of Negrek's immediate Lilycolo support, incidentally.

Eh, figured it would come down to this. I'm a dreamer. At night, if I'm not targetted, I either dream of one person that is innocent, or two people that are innocent and one that is mafia. I don't know which.

N1 I was targetted by something, and didn't dream.

N2 I dreamt of just ILS, confirming him as innocent

N3 I dreamt of Dazel, Lilycolo, and Superbird. Since the latter flipped mafia, the first two are innocent.

N4 I dreamt of Altissimo. She's innocent.

Sadly this silly power is confirming people that aren't really suspicous but.

Also rip me, give me a good funeral. bury me in books. Make my coffin a large book.

RE: Dazel. I forgot about that power. It seemed a little weird to me, and they were in the night of three names so I didn't trust them at first. Now I know they're innocent so maybe?

Actually, your claiming that might help to prove you innocent - since I was the one that targeted you N1 lmao

Back
Top Bottom