• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Contest Pokémafia Spectacular! - Game Thread

i know d0 is for memes so i promise this will be my last game-relevant post for a while but. first thing that occurs to me based on the rules is that the mafia will presumably find it quite easy to manipulate the most popular contest type. (obligatory disclaimer: assuming there is a mafia and they have a mafia chat. not always a given with MF.) so I am in favour of trying to remove that advantage from them by agreeing a contest type between us before the end of each day.

just a thought, sing out if you disagree. and no particular preference what the type should be, at least for N1
wait, i thought mf said the contest type is determined outside of our own move choices?

i know d0 is for memes so i promise this will be my last game-relevant post for a while but. first thing that occurs to me based on the rules is that the mafia will presumably find it quite easy to manipulate the most popular contest type. (obligatory disclaimer: assuming there is a mafia and they have a mafia chat. not always a given with MF.) so I am in favour of trying to remove that advantage from them by agreeing a contest type between us before the end of each day.

just a thought, sing out if you disagree. and no particular preference what the type should be, at least for N1
wait, i thought mf said the contest type is determined outside of our own move choices?
the signup thread says this:

the type of most Moves used in the night becomes the Popular type

anyway, qenya's suggestion sounds good in a vacuum but I agree with RNP that, knowing MF's penchant for shenanigans, it is entirely possible anti-town roles could have killing and/or other powers that depend on guessing the target's contest type, so I am reticent to try to game the system like this. in fact, dare I say, I'd expect MF may even have intentionally included such powers as a deterrent to town gaming the system by publicly planning the popular contest type in advance.

oh hmm i misread her reply to me earlier then... waugh mechanics. i am easily confused though so i will go with the flow.

we could derail the conversation completely by talking about something not even a little bit game related

i like the front right... honestly though if you're cooking at all i'd cheer you on, i'm not that good at cooking myself and would probably just do better helping here and there instead of being In Charge

i forgor to say that the reason i don't like the front left burner is it's really close to the wall in our house, but i still preferred front right in a different house before i moved, so ig it doesn't actually factor in...?

we used to have a front left and right, and then a MIDDLE burner that was elongated for heating a skillet

middle gang

i keep instinctively refreshing for this thread but there's nothing new to read... about what i should expect from. midnight reading i guess

don't know if it'll be relevant with this level of activity/since it's only day 0, but i'm going to be out all day with friends tomorrow so i won't be around. (on the other hand things are moving slowly enough that i could probably pop in from my phone anyway??) can't wait for things to pick up though!!!

$20 says someone has an ability like "kill anyone who chose Beauty this night" though
oh this is valid

i'm not sure i'd say it's likely, it seems a bit overpowered as roles go. but enough of a scary possibility to work as a deterrent

snapread sande town for being confused about this

"If a player says the words 'Happy Birthday' in that order, they will die"

happy birthday though

here's a coupon for a free sandwich you redeem it by claiming your entire role in the thread

Back
Top Bottom