• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Who's the REAL poke-god?

Who's the REAL Poke-god?

• Arceus

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • Mew

Votes: 26 32.9%

• Total voters
I'm just gonna say Mew, because Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon, including Arcues, as Kratos Aurion said. So I wanna say Mew, for my sake.

Mew. She is the ancestor of all Pokemon. My theory is that she created Arceus to make the Pokemon regions, which there she could have somewhere for the Pokemon to live. She knows the regions like the back of her hand paw, so she could check in on the Pokemon and remain elusive. Like I said, that's my THEORY. It is in no way official.

I really want to say Mew because Arceus just crushed Mew after 10 years but we can just say that Arceus made the paper and Mew actually drew on it.

Arceus. I'm going to write a one-shot about my thoughts on what happened too.

Hey :( I was going to do that.

Oh wait, no, I was going to write the Pokébible. Which is sort of different.

Anyway, my theory is basically what everyone else has said. Arceus created the Universe (Mostly by using Dialga and Palkia) then created the Lake Trio and Mew, who spread his DNA and populated the world with Pokémon and humans.

Objection~! Sorry, I just had to say that.

Anyways, I have to agree with Stryke. In fact, what he said pretty much sums up my theory.

Mew has the genetics of all the types pokemon so why would Arceus, if he is the true god just throw all the genetic data into mew when he could of created everyone else?

Mew has the genetics of all the types pokemon so why would Arceus, if he is the true god just throw all the genetic data into mew when he could of created everyone else?

Because creating everything else is maybe a bit hard after it presumably created time, space, and the three things the psychic pixies represent which I can't remember off the top of my head, perhaps?

Regardless of the above, if Arceus created Mew and Mew went on to create the other Pokémon, Arceus would still technically be the creator and by assumption what the original poster presumably defines as the 'poké-god'.

Because creating everything else is maybe a bit hard after it presumably created time, space, and the three things the psychic pixies represent which I can't remember off the top of my head, perhaps?

Regardless of the above, if Arceus created Mew and Mew went on to create the other Pokémon, Arceus would still technically be the creator and by assumption what the original poster presumably defines as the 'poké-god'.

Ok, thats a great point.

Mew, because Mew came first, in the game anyway and it kind makes sense to me, anyway. And they have to DNA of all Pokemon.

And they're freaking adorable. =3

Neither... I think neither are omnipotent gods. Since it's just tales right? Also they are beatable. But it's either a joint or neither. Since Arceus created and Mew propagated. According to the tales... And according to those tales Kadabra is a nerdy boy with such huuge brain he turned into a Pokemon and Mewtwo came from Mew's womb. And human women used to date Gardevoir dudes(hey that doesn't sound to bad myself). So there my two cents.

I agrees. It's just the Pokemon world's (fictional) mythology. How can they be gods if they're beatable? They're strong enough to warp space/time (just like Unown...come on, they built temples without any arms or legs!), change the weather (just like Castform, a non-legendary), and look really cool (like most pseudo-legendarys), but that doesn't make them gods. Besides, how do you know Arceus made Pokemon? What if Pokemon really developed the same way animals in real life have, slow and painful decades of evolution from small single-celled organisms?

THERE IS NO POKEMON GOD
D:

Provided the Pokémon fiction applies to the Pokémon world:
I'm actually under the belief that it was Mew. Arceus may be in some circumstances the creator of Mew, and therefore gave it genes of itself, and the other Pokémon that it would create, but in reality, Mew is the real creator of all of the Pokémon. As Mew did the hard work, he should therefore take credit for what was his creation.

Otherwise:
Sataoshi Tajiri and Ken Sugimori?

Mew.
Because... it's cute. :D
And Arceus is new. Obviously Mew was created by Game Freak first, and I doubt they were thinking 'hmm... let's make the creator of all Pokémon later instead of now' and I'm pretty sure that Arceus was just a random thing they made off the top of their heads.

Old school ftw~

Actually, if you look on Wikipedia, it turns out Mew was the first registered trademark of Pokemon in 1990, making it highly likely that Mew created Arceus. In my mind, at least.

You do realise that just because something was a trademark before something else it does not necessarily come before it in the fictional universe, right?

Mew was probably trademarked first because it was probably one of the first Pokemon to be made? That might be true. Just saying.

Myself I believe Mew is the god.

People only think that Arceus is the god because when it come out on Japan we translated it and made people believe it is the god.

@CNiall: Yes, obviously. But because of that Mew MIGHT have been meant to be the Pokegod.

Mew, despite the evidence points the other way.

Mew will always be the god of all Pokémon in my heart.

Back
Top Bottom