• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon MysticAurelian Version

So... did you not get permission from MagesPages to use their art and Pokémon designs? One would think that if you did, they could provide you with the better-quality versions.

(Also, this belongs in Other Creativity, if it's not plagiarized.)

Last edited:
I couldn't but it's a moot point since he's been gone for years. He closed down his DA accounts around 2008-2009, including deleting most of his art on his old DA and deactivating his newer one. He also apparently deactivated any email he had, so it's unlikely he'll come back. Besides, he's got tons of fanart on DA.

I couldn't but it's a moot point since he's been gone for years. He closed down his DA accounts around 2008-2009, including deleting most of his art on his old DA and deactivating his newer one. He also apparently deactivated any email he had, so it's unlikely he'll come back. Besides, he's got tons of fanart on DA.

That doesn't make it a moot point. Leonardo da Vinci is dead - does that mean I can claim the Mona Lisa as my own painting?

If he removed all his art he probably doesn't want anyone to use it... (especially if there's no way to currently credit him for it!)

That doesn't mean I'm going to dump this project so soon.

well... it's kind of common sense! if you're using somebody else's work without their permission, you are plagiarizing. that's what plagiarism is. how long you've been working on it or how much work you've put into it doesn't really matter!

Then, its not like any of the sprites I had made by hand were any good at all, just crap, and all of my work was a waste of time. I could of been doing something better like studying.

Last edited:
Then, its not like any of the sprites I had made by hand were any good at all, just crap, and all of my work was a waste of time. I could of been doing something better like studying.

It's never, ever a waste of time to do something creative! Don't tell yourself that. You just made a mistake not realizing that someone wouldn't want their designs used.

You got excited about something, and practiced spriting, and had fun! That's not a waste at all! That's a great use of time!

Since you were excited about a project of putting someone else's region into a game, and spriting existing designs, why not take the energy you were going to use here, and find someone who will give you permission to use their work? There are lots of good fan regions and fan Pokemon out there, and I'm sure there are lots of people making them who would be just as excited as you to have you working on a game! If you could show that you're willing to work, you could probably even get together a group to make up a region with you.

Anything at all that you did on this project put you that much closer to really completing a game someday! There's no need for beating yourself up over the waste, because there's no waste.

Back
Top Bottom