• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TCoD WSC: Week 17!

Aisling

Super Moderator

Banner by Tiffano

Theme: Same-Letter Splice!

Medium: Splice

It's been a while since we've had a splice week, yes? Instead of just picking some random Pokemon from a generator to splice, this week... Splice three Pokemon whose English names begin with the same letter!

(note: they cannot be from within the same line; i.e. Charmander, Charmeleon, but must be from different evolutionary lines; i.e. Charmander, Cyndaquil)

Also, a fine-tuning of the new rule presented last week:
Also, a new rule from here on out, just so you guys know: Finalists are barred from entering the next week to give others a chance. The week after that, they may enter again. We'll test this rule for a few weeks, see how it goes, what feedback we get.
Finalists are only barred from the subsequent week if there were more than six entries, warranting more than one poll total.
In other words, if you made it to the champion poll on a week where there were six entries or less, and the champion poll was the only poll, you're not barred from entering the week after you made it to that champion poll.

Please also review the rules linked above before entering and make sure your entry meets all the criteria!

Happy Spriting!

Luvdisc.png

Luvdisc + Lunatone + Lanturn = Luvantone

A mysterious rock/psychic pokemon, Luvantone can be found deep in both caves and underwater, despite not being a water type. Its signature move is Water Pulse.

Mm... I'm wondering if that glow should slide or not. There's not a specific rule about effects like that, but generally... Eh...

Do you have a no-glow version saved?

Ohh, fair enough. Because it's not, like... Sprited, yeah? That's understandable, and I do have a glowless version~

Luvantone-1.png

Her fivehead is more prominent now, teehee.

Want to know a funny coincidence?

When I first started working on my entry, it was going to be Dragonair, Dewgong and Duskull... then I changed my mind and decided to do Darkrai instead of Dewgong instead.

Wow, really? That's funny! xD

Holy schmokes! Everyone's entries look so awesome. We should have splices more often, haha. :D

We should! I'm glad to see more entries this week, and they all do look great. This'll be a close week for sure!

Even though this thread began last Monday, I'm going to put the polls up and start Week 18 tomorrow to get us back on track, so if anyone still plans on entering this week, you have until around then.

....Ugh. Time flies. Well, I would make an entry, but by the time I be done you would have the next contest up.

So, I'll just wait. Maybe I'll make a sprite that my friend requested during that time.

Back
Top Bottom