The Cave of Dragonflies forums

The Cave of Dragonflies forums (https://forums.dragonflycave.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Discussion (https://forums.dragonflycave.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   discord? (https://forums.dragonflycave.com/showthread.php?t=18460)

shy ♡ 04-27-2019 09:48 AM

discord?

oiiii i miss y'all and i was wondering if there's a discord server where we could all chat?? again?? ;w; i'd love to reconnect with u guys..... hhh

Kung Fu Ferret 04-27-2019 12:20 PM

Re: discord?

We don't have one, sadly...

Flora 04-27-2019 02:33 PM

We have a telegram! this thread here has it!

Kung Fu Ferret 04-29-2019 10:19 PM

I think imho we could totally use a Discord server!

Eifie 04-30-2019 04:49 AM

I would actually prefer Discord over Telegram tbh but everyone's settled in on Telegram so I don't really think that's going to happen

Kung Fu Ferret 04-30-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eifie (Post 670582)
I would actually prefer Discord over Telegram tbh but everyone's settled in on Telegram so I don't really think that's going to happen

Discord is sooo much better!

Trinket 05-01-2019 03:01 AM

I do like Discord better in general but pls nobody make a Discord chat. I don't want to have to bother with two competing chats oh god

qva 05-01-2019 03:15 AM

maybe we should create a discord server and force everyone to pick between that and the telegram. then, at the end of a year, we do a count of all members in each chat, and the people in the smaller chat are executed.

Eifie 05-01-2019 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qva (Post 670613)
maybe we should create a discord server and force everyone to pick between that and the telegram. then, at the end of a year, we do a count of all members in each chat, and the people in the smaller chat are executed.

I support this petition

shy ♡ 05-01-2019 08:45 AM

what if we execute people from both chats? that seems a much more powerful plan

sanderidge 05-01-2019 09:41 AM

i approve of the Twin Executions plan then we can have a lot of Competition and Emotions and a Musical Number to go along with it

Eifie 05-01-2019 09:10 PM

maybe we should just ban everyone

Butterfree 05-02-2019 12:47 AM

I honestly think I prefer Telegram for this chat, because Discord doesn't have quoting of specific messages and I think that'd hinder some of our most common interactions (like, people catching up and responding to messages from a while back, or referring back to messages from months ago in a way that makes it easy to go back to that point in the conversation). In general I feel like we make use of Telegram features a bunch and moving to Discord would change the feel of the chat a bit. It'd be handy to have proper channels, but mmm, not sure I'd want it overall (at least personally).

Kung Fu Ferret 05-02-2019 02:40 AM

I didn't even know Telegram existed until a few days ago!

ultraviolet 05-03-2019 08:13 AM

as the admin of the telegram chat i have zero opinions about if people want to make a discord and ur fully welcome to do that if you want! the telegram chat was only ever just like a hey let's catch up with people thingo and it's become a semi-official community

i'm just not going to move the telegram group to discord and will probably not be involved/interested in a discord group, sorry but i think they can both be around if people already have discord anyway? idk whatever

i was going to put like a coexist bumper sticker image here but i forgot that it's really ugly so just pretend that i did

edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eifie (Post 670635)
maybe we should just ban everyone

lmao

Eifie 05-04-2019 05:38 PM

Yeah I don't think Discord will actually work out. It's super annoying that it still doesn't have replies. :|

I guess we'll end up making a Discord server anyway if we do telecod karaoke nights?

qva 05-04-2019 05:40 PM

omg telecod karaoke nights?? i have not heard of this what

Eifie 05-04-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qva (Post 670736)
omg telecod karaoke nights?? i have not heard of this what

... but you said you were down...

edit: nvm I lied that was ILS

Negrek 06-21-2019 08:34 AM

I understand not wanting to move to a Discord chat when the Telegram chat is already well-established, but perhaps people could share their Discord ID for other people who use it and would be interested in talking with other TCoD members? I'm Negrek#0739, feel free to hit me up if you'd like to chat. I'm always happy to hear from somebody on TCoD!

Kung Fu Ferret 06-22-2019 07:41 PM

Kung Fu Ferret#5710 (that's me)