• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The 'Dex Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The limit is ten characters, but since these aren't going to be programmed into a game I doubt that that matters.

Hm, I don't know, Negrek... I guess I'm not having *quite* the same hangup about the huge weapons that you are. I mean, they are ghosts, so couldn't the implication be that they're using supernatural powers to move the stuff around? And maybe it's just me, but I don't see the discrepancy in size as that massive. But if you say so, then large and chubby wispyghosts can be cute, too, I guess.

I think they could all be heavier, though, especially Spectrail. I don't see an iron ball with a 60cm diameter weighing only 31kg. Unless it's like, special Registeel-iron with magical lightweight properties or something, it seems like it should be a lot heavier than that.

sry for dbl post

Kusari raised a good point in the battle I picked up: none of the approved/okayed Pokémon have base stats. While most people don't use attack, defense, sp atk and sp def in reffing calculations, many do use speed. Including me. And I have no idea whether or not Enculli is faster than a Totodile. Perhaps including base stats, or at the very least base speed, as a requirement would be a good idea? (And with numbers, not just a list of best to worst like Icalasari's.)

Also, I would like to put it out there that, if I'm not otherwise too busy, I'm willing to draw fakemon for people if they can't do it themselves/find someone else.

ANYWAY look who's back with revamped artwork, sprites (ilu Blu), a few new toys but no Hydro Cannon any more D:

completed battle numero uno - completed (contest) battle numero dos

Name: Spraylet
Type: Water
Height: 2’11” or 0.9m
Weight: 16.6 lbs or 7.5kg
Habitat: Sea
Ability: Torrent

Level-Up Moves

8 Aqua Jet
18 Screech
22 Dive
25 Slash
32 Tailwind
36 Aqua Tail
39 Mirror Move
43 Hydro Pump

Egg Moves

Air Slash, Endeavor, Fake Out, Supersonic

Tutor Moves

Double-Edge, Endure, Mimic, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute, Swagger

Body Slam, Counter, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind

TM/HM Moves

TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM58 Endure
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute

TM13 Ice Beam
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM47 Steel Wing
TM51 Roost
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM75 Swords Dance
TM81 X-Scissor
TM89 U-Turn
HM02 Fly
HM03 Surf

Evolution: Spraylet >lv16> Pandive >lv36> Osgrave

Rarity: Seven

Images: Artwork - Sprite (by Bluwiikoon) - Icon (by Blastoise)

Physical Description: Spraylet is a bird that stands upright like a small child. Most of its feathers are light gray, although its back, “fingertips”, mask and the top of its wave-shaped tail are teal; the “crest” of the wave-tail is white. Its wings resemble large arms and end in four “finger” feathers; these wings can be moved and used like normal arms and hands. Its feet have three talons, two in front and one behind. Its hooked beak is small and usually smiling.

Pokédex Data:

1. Spraylet is still young and cannot control its impulse to Screech when excited. It is still quite dependent on its parents or trainer, but it doesn't think so.

2. Spraylet likes to flutter its wings and splash around in the waves, but it is not very good at flying or swimming.

Notes:

Base stats because I can:

HP - 49
Atk - 66
Def - 33
SpAtk - 49
SpDef - 51
Spd - 66

--

Name: Pandive
Type: Water/Flying
Height: 4’0” or 1.2m
Weight: 70.2 lbs or 31.8kg

Level-Up Moves

8 Aqua Jet
11 Focus Energy
15 Whirlwind
18 Screech
24 Dive
28 Slash
37 Tailwind
42 Aqua Tail
46 Mirror Move
51 Hydro Pump

Egg Moves

Tutor Moves

TM/HM Moves

TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM58 Endure
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute

TM05 Roar
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM47 Steel Wing
TM51 Roost
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM75 Swords Dance
TM81 X-Scissor
TM89 U-Turn
HM02 Fly
HM03 Surf
HM06 Rock Smash
HM07 Waterfall

Physical Description: Pandive's build is slightly less birdlike than Spraylet's. Its wings are armlike, ending in three-clawed talons, and the rest of the wings grow out of the wrists. Its body and limbs are blue; the wing "extensions" are all white with dark blue-tipped feathers. Its beak and underbelly are white and its stomach has Spraylet's triangle of water droplets. A dark blue mask runs around its head at eye level and its tail is shaped like a wave as Spraylet's is. The top of the tail is dark blue instead of the same shade of blue as the rest of the body. Pandive is capable of standing on its hind legs for short periods of time and can walk and climb on all fours as well as fly. The hind legs also end in talons.

Pokédex Data:

1. Pandive dives from its clifftop nest to catch fish prey in the sea below. It can also stun fish with its Screech before catching them.

2. Pandive is an agile climber as well as a skilled flyer, so it can patrol its territory very efficiently.

Notes:

HP - 63
Atk - 82
Def - 50
SpAtk - 63
SpDef - 65
Spd - 82

--

Name: Osgrave
Type: Water/Flying
Height: 6’3” or 1.9m
Weight: 184.5 lbs or 83.6kg

Level-Up Moves

1 Night Slash
8 Aqua Jet
11 Focus Energy
15 Whirlwind
18 Screech
24 Dive
28 Slash
36 Brave Bird
39 Tailwind
46 Aqua Tail
52 Mirror Move
59 Hydro Pump

Egg Moves

Tutor Moves

TM/HM Moves

TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM58 Endure
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute

TM05 Roar
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM26 Earthquake
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM47 Steel Wing
TM51 Roost
TM55 Brine
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM68 Giga Impact
TM72 Avalanche
TM75 Swords Dance
TM81 X-Scissor
TM88 Pluck
TM89 U-Turn
HM02 Fly
HM03 Surf
HM06 Rock Smash
HM07 Waterfall

Physical Description: A large, gryphon-like bird that stands on four taloned feet. Most of Osgrave's body is covered in blue feathers; its underbelly and the first set of feathers on the underside of its wings are white. It has the same triangle of water droplets its previous stages do. A dark blue mask-like marking runs from the top half of its beak, over its eyes and becomes ear-like tufts behind its head. The mohawk crest on its head is the same color and runs all the way down its back until it flattens out and meets the wave-shaped tail. The "gloves" on its forelegs are also dark blue.

Pokédex Data:

1. Osgrave flies high above the sea, searching for fish with its keen eyes. It then dives at its prey, coming down out of the sky like a thunderbolt.

2. A strong swimmer, Osgrave will chase after fish that manage to evade its initial attack. Its prowess in the air and in the water make it a popular Pokémon with explorers.

Notes:

HP - 80
Atk - 112
Def - 70
SpAtk - 80
SpDef - 83
Spd - 112

Last edited:
Kusarigamaitachi

Relative size is only part of the design problem. It's more that they just don't look at all like pokémon. I'm rather lenient on this for the most part, but massive weapon-toting things pokémon really is not.

In any case, if you're going to have something capable of wielding a weapon with a blade a meter long, it's going to need to have some serious drawbacks in other area, because that's kind of unbalanced.

Kratos Aurion

Looks fine to me. And yeah, base stats are in.

Kratos Aurion: aaa dude sorry I forgot these things had to be seconded. :(
Anyways, checks out alright with me.

I have two complete battles, so I'm going to post this. Hope you like

Name: Tsuki

Type: Psychic

Height: 1’ 2 ‘’

Weight: 25 lbs

Habitat: Forest
Ability: Levitate

Base Stats

SPD: 40
HP: 28
ATK: 45
DEF: 25
SpDEF: 25
SpATK: 40

Level-Up Moves

0 – Confusion
0 – Growl
9 – Scratch
19 – Meditate
23 – Miracle Eye
31 – Psybeam
43 – Moonlight
51 - Slash

Egg Moves
Hypnosis
Confuse Ray
Astonish
Shadow Sneak

Tutor Moves
Double-Edge
Endure
Mimic
Sleep talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Metronome

Swift
Fury Cutter
Psych Up
Icy Wind

TM/HM Moves
TM45 Attract
TM78 Captivate
TM32 Double Team
TM58 Endure
TM21 Frustration
TM10 Hidden Power
TM83 Natural Gift
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM44 Rest
TM27 Return
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM97 Swagger
TM08 Toxic

TM04 Calm Mind
TM20 Safeguard
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Shock Wave
TM48 Skill Swap
TM73 Thunderwave
TM70 Flash
TM85 Dream Eater

Evolution: Tsuki > LV. 18 > Tsukiyurei LV. 32 > Tsukihayai
Rarity: R7

Physical Description:

A small creature of about afoot that sits on a crescent shaped Moon. She is round and fluffy with big blue eyes, holding a miniature scythe

Picture | Sprite – both by FMC

Pokédex Data: Diamond: TSUKI were treated as deities in ancient times. They use weapons made of a mysterious metal to battle hand-to-hand.
Pearl: If a TSUKI’s blade is taken away, it will cry until it is returned. They were thought to posses the power of the moon long ago.

Notes: Tsuki will only evolve if female

Name: Tsukiyurei
Height: 4’ 3 ‘’

Weight: 100 lbs

Base Stats

SPD: 65
HP: 53
ATK: 60
DEF: 50
SpDEF: 40
SpATK: 80

Level-Up Moves

0 – Confusion
0 – Growl
9 – Scratch
21 – Meditate
26 – Miracle Eye
40 – Psybeam
49 – Moonlight
60 - Slash

65 - Role Play
71 - Night Slash

Egg Moves

Hypnosis
Confuse Ray
Astonish
Shadow Sneak

Tutor Moves

Double-Edge
Endure
Mimic
Sleep talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Metronome

Swift
Fury Cutter
Psych Up
Icy Wind

TM/HM Moves

TM45 Attract
TM78 Captivate
TM32 Double Team
TM58 Endure
TM21 Frustration
TM10 Hidden Power
TM83 Natural Gift
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM44 Rest
TM27 Return
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM87 Swagger
TM08 Toxic

TM04 Calm Mind
TM20 Safeguard
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Shock Wave
TM48 Skill Swap
TM73 Thunderwave
TM70 Flash
TM85 Dream Eater

TM12 Taunt
TM16 Light Screen
TM43 Secret Power
TM75 Swords Dance
TM65 Shadow Claw

Physical Description:

About the size of a average 12 year old, she is partially wrapped by bandage and holds a bigger version of her scythe. She no longer sits on her moon anymore, but lets it float behind her.

Pokédex Data: Diamond: TSUKIYUREI are swift and agile, able to track and hunt with ease. In ancient times, it is told that they are blessed by the god of the hunt.
Pearl: It is said that if someone sees a TSUKIYUREI, it is a good omen of a successful hunt.

Notes: Only evolves if Female

Name: Tsukihayai
Height: 6’ 0’’

Weight: 150 lbs

Base Stats

SPD: 105
HP: 80
ATK: 125
DEF: 70
SpDEF: 60
SpATK: 115

Level-Up Moves

0 – Confusion
0 – Growl
9 – Scratch
21 – Meditate
32 – Miracle Eye
45 – Psybeam
53 – Moonlight
67 - Slash

73 - Role Play
80 - Night Slash

85 - Lunar Dance
88 - X-Scissor

Egg Moves

Hypnosis
Confuse Ray
Astonish
Shadow Sneak

Tutor Moves

Double-Edge
Endure
Mimic
Sleep talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Metronome

Swift
Fury Cutter
Psych Up
Icy Wind

TM/HM Moves

TM45 Attract
TM78 Captivate
TM32 Double Team
TM58 Endure
TM21 Frustration
TM10 Hidden Power
TM83 Natural Gift
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM44 Rest
TM27 Return
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM87 Swagger
TM08 Toxic

TM04 Calm Mind
TM20 Safeguard
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Shock Wave
TM48 Skill Swap
TM73 Thunderwave
TM70 Flash
TM85 Dream Eater

TM12 Taunt
TM16 Light Screen
TM43 Secret Power
TM75 Swords Dance
TM65 Shadow Claw

TM53 Energy Ball
TM46 Thief
TM92 Trick Room
TM66 Payback
TM24 Thunderbolt

Physical Description:

As tall as a full grown adult, a good amount of her body is covered by bandage. Her sythe and bigger and the moon has shrunk and is tied to the end of her tail

Pokédex Data: Diamond: TSUKIHAYAI is a silent killer of the night, striking from the shadows at a moment’s notice.
Pearl: TSUKHAYAI are the hunters of the pack, going out to retrieve food while the males stay behind to protect the home and children.

Notes: This is the final form, and it’ll always be female

More scythes, really? I'd prefer you didn't, honestly.

A couple issues with the attacks on the final form. Where did energy ball come from? I'd prefer you stay away from lunar dance, as it's presently legendary-exclusive.

Would be rarity eight.

Alright Negrek. I'll be working on Tsuki some more, but I'm going to replace my entry with this one. Hope I can do that

Name: Myrid
Type: Water/Ghost
Height: 11 Feet
Weight: 431 Lbs
Habitat: Water's Edge
Ability: Magic Guard
Base Stats: HP: 100/Attack: 60/Defense: 75/Special Attack: 95/Special Defense: 100/Speed: 65

Level-Up Moves

0 - Water Gun
0 - Water Sport
12 - Ominous Wind
21 - Sing
32 - Water Pulse
41 - Confuse Ray
49 - Spite
51 - Shadow Ball
59 - Hydro Pump
61 - Perish Song

Egg Moves

Destany Bond
Curse
Mirror Coat
Mist

Tutor Moves

Double-edge
Endure
Mimic
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Icy Wind
Body Slam
Endure
Psych Up

TM/HM Moves

TM45 Attract
TM78 Captivate
TM32 Double Team
TM58 Endure
TM42 Facade
TM21 Frustration
TM10 Hidden Power
TM83 Natural Gift
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM44 Rest
TM27 Return
TM43 Secret Power
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM11 Sunny Day
TM97 Swagger
TM08 Toxic

TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM29 Psychic
TM33 Reflect
TM48 Skill Swap
TM52 Focus Blast
TM55 Brine
TM59 Dragon Pulse
TM61 Wil-O-Wisp
TM72 Avalanche
TM79 Dark Pulse
TM85 Dream Eater
HM03 Surf
HM07 Waterfall

Rarity: R8

Physical Description: Myrid has a long blue body and two front flippers. The frills along it's back and tail are a deep to light purple. There is a shackle around it's neck and shackles on it's filppers. The eye markings on the pokemon's face gives the appearence of tears. On the neck shackle is a blue orb.

Sprite (By FMC) l Picture 1(One I drew) Picture 2(One FMC drew)

Pokédex Data:
Pearl Dex entry: When this pokemon rests it's head and passes on, it's spirit will turn into an egg and waits to hatch once again

Diamond Dex entry: From the day it was born to the day it dies, it will always be alone. Late at night, some may hear it's cry

Notes: Myrids are lonely creatures, but it only needs a friend.

Minor nitpick but it's 'Destiny Bond', not 'Destany Bond.'

Not really seeing Focus Blast on this thing, but if you could give a little justification for it or just replace it, it'd check out fine by me.

Focus Blast is generally only learned by Pokémon that have hands. I'm not entirely sure why, but a quick search with Veekun says that that's the case. So yeah, as Walker said you're going to need a pretty good explanation for it. The other moves look okay to me.

What's bothering me the most right now is the fact that it's Ghost-type but can apparently die. I mean, I dunno... the Pokédex entries really just don't seem to have much to do with its typing, the way it looks, the way it behaves... other than the fact that it's lonely, we don't get much. If you're calling the rings around it "shackles", why is it wearing them? Is it condemned to be lonely for all of existence? Did it do something? For the most part Myrid seems fine, but the Ghost part and the shackles seem like they were just thrown on there; I'd have an easier time accepting it if it weren't Ghost and if you just called the shackles rings. It just seems tacked on and incomplete as it is; if you really want to keep the typing, etc., then I'd appreciate at least a little more explanation.

The sprite and FMC's drawing don't have chains on them, and the written description doesn't mention them. Are we to ignore the chains in your picture, then, and just assume that they aren't there?

It would also be nice if you could ask FMC to take the color palette off of the sprite; there isn't really any reason to have it there on a finished image.

myrid-transparent.png

Here, I removed the pallet (I'd forgotten it was there...) and transparitized it. You're welcome, moony~

Ok ok...I'm changing the Focus blast attack to something else.

As for the ghost thing, I'll be re doing the dex so it'll make more sense.

*goes off to fix*

If you want to keep the ability as magic guard, you're going to need to downpower the moveset a bit.

Fixed, hope this is ok...

complete battles

Name: Myrid
Type: Water/Ghost
Height: 11 Feet
Weight: 431 Lbs
Habitat: Water's Edge
Ability: Water Absorb
Base Stats: HP: 100/Attack: 60/Defense: 75/Special Attack: 95/Special Defense: 100/Speed: 65

Level-Up Moves

0 - Water Gun
0 - Water Sport
12 - Ominous Wind
21 - Sing
32 - Water Pulse
41 - Confuse Ray
49 - Spite
51 - Shadow Ball
59 - Hydro Pump
61 - Perish Song

Egg Moves

Destiny Bond
Curse
Mirror Coat
Mist

Tutor Moves

Double-edge
Endure
Mimic
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Icy Wind
Body Slam
Endure
Psych Up

TM/HM Moves

TM45 Attract
TM78 Captivate
TM32 Double Team
TM58 Endure
TM42 Facade
TM21 Frustration
TM10 Hidden Power
TM83 Natural Gift
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM44 Rest
TM27 Return
TM43 Secret Power
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM11 Sunny Day
TM97 Swagger
TM08 Toxic

TM04 Calm Mind
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM29 Psychic
TM33 Reflect
TM48 Skill Swap
TM55 Brine
TM59 Dragon Pulse
TM61 Wil-O-Wisp
TM72 Avalanche
TM79 Dark Pulse
TM85 Dream Eater
HM03 Surf
HM07 Waterfall

Rarity: R8

Physical Description: Myrid has a long blue body and two front flippers. The frills along it's back and tail are a deep to light purple. There is a shackle around it's neck and shackles on it's filppers. The eye markings on the pokemon's face gives the appearence of tears. On the neck shackle is a blue orb.

Myridrevampcopy.png
Myridshiney.png
Myridparty.png

Pokédex Data:
Pearl Dex entry: Legends speak of a human that had many friends but took them for granted. As punishment for mistreating her friends, her spirit was transformed into a pokemon and cursed to be alone for the rest of her life. She now waits for the one to break her curse with the gift of friendship.

Diamond Dex entry: From the day it was born to the day it dies, it will always be alone. Late at night, some may hear it's cry

Notes: Myrids are lonely creatures, but it only needs a friend.

Last edited:
Wait...does that mean that Myrid is accepted? Does it? If it doesn, then WOOO!

If not...then I just embarrassed myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom