• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

I want to get a Signature Attribute for Medium.

[Medium] Psyduck (M) <Damp>
Signature Attribute: Psychic Power

It is a well known fact that Psyduck have psyduck have the psycic powers in part of their brains, usually unlocked when their headaches are at their worst. This is used as a last resort.

Medium was very intrested in this Psychic power as a young Psyduck. He trained himself to harness this Psychic power better than any other Psyduck could. He suceeded, at the cost of having an exremely severe headache all of the time.

Effects: Psyco is part Psychic and Part Water Type. He gets all the resistances and weaknesses that this provides. He also gets STAB for Psychic type moves. However, due to getting a severly bad headache, he takes 3% damage at the end of every Round.

Adding a sig move to my Persian~

[Edward] Persian (M)
Ability: Technician
Signature Attribute: Right Arm of Steel
Received: Teleporter

Signature Move: Bloodstained Hurricane

In his younger days, Edward was gifted with something called 'The Dragon's Blood', which grated him greater skill with manipulating his own blood as a weapon, and thus this attack was born.

To use it, Edward gathers all the damage that has been inflicted on him over the course of the battle and channels it into the Dragon's Blood that rushes though his veins. The blood takes on the form of hundreds of tiny razor-sharp blades of blood that he then sends to the target. The more health he has missing, the more it does, as there is more blood able to reach the target.

Edward can even sustain the attack at the cost of some of his own health and energy. When sustained, the attack takes the form of a good-sized dragon-like creature that then latches onto the target, sapping their health.

When the effects of the attack linger, Edward becomes more aggressive, so his attack rises slightly.

Type: Normal / Stat: ATK / Base Damage: Varies / Accuracy: 95% / Target: Single Target / Energy: Varies / Duration: Main Attack 1 action, sustain minor until dropped
Effects: Damage dealt is half the damage he has taken over the course of the battle, rounded up, and Energy is half that. If sustained, the attack inflicts 3% Damage/Action and Edward takes 1% Damage & Energy per action sustained. He gains +1 ATK only for as long as the attack is sustained.
Usage Gap: 5 rounds after the attack ends

Oh man I hope that isn't too overpowered.
Rather than making damage equal to half the amount of damage Edward has taken durig the battle, I'd make it equal to half of 100 - his current health percentage; the two aren't really the same, because if he'd used a healing move earlier, for example, he'd have taken more damage than his current health reflects. Figuring out how much damage he'd actually taken, as opposed to his current distance from full health, could be quite annoying.

I'm a little confused over the sustained attack--is it just the 3% per action, or does the attack initially do the whole damage, then for every additional action another 3%?

Don't know if this is too overpowered or not (really couldn't think of a drawback to the main effect) but I thought I'd post it up to see if it gets approved and if not, whether anybody had ideas for de-overpowering it...

---

Signature Attribute: Shock Resistance
[Barinade] Tentacool (F) <Liquid Ooze>

Barinade grew up in a colony of Tentacool living on Kanto’s Route 10, just outside the Power Plant. Electrical emissions from the Plant make their way into the river somewhat often, so the Water Pokemon living there have developed a tolerance to electricity. Barinade, in particular, relishes the vigor of being shocked, and actively sought the electricity. As her tolerance to electricity began to grow, she found that with practice, she could even channel it through her body to use some rudimentary Electric-type attacks.

Effects: Barinade’s tolerance to electricity lowers the super-effective modifier dealt to her by Electric-type attacks; the modifier drops to halfway between normal effectiveness and super effectiveness. (For example, on Negrek’s scale, the modifier would drop from 1.5 to 1.25. Barinade still suffers all secondary effects.) Additionally, if Barinade can make physical contact with a source of electricity (for example, open wires, or a friendly Electric-type Pokemon), she can use certain Electric-type moves: Charge Beam, Shock Wave, Thunder Wave, and Thundershock. However, to use these moves she suffers recoil damage equal to 1/4 of the damage done to the opponent (or, for non-damaging moves, 1/4 of the energy cost).

---

Barinade's approval
My profile

---

In case this gets through, I thought for the evolution upgrade to Tentacruel the SE modifier would completely get cancelled out, going from 1.5 (normal) to 1.25 (as a Tentacool) to 1 (as a Tentacruel). And that I might expand the moves available for the side effect. (Right now I pretty much have them at "all Electric moves 60 power or lower that are feasable for a squiddish thing to use plus Thunder Wave", so I thought maybe raise that to "80 power or lower"; that would add Discharge and Spark.) Would something like that be okay or too overpowered?
Yeah, you really ought to add some sort of drawback to this one... a couple of ways to do so would be to have Barinade unable to use some moves that tentacool ordinarily know in order to compensate for the ones she's learned, or to have her gain an increased susceptibility to attacks of some other type in order to balance her resistance to electricity. The 1/4th recoil is about acceptable to compensate for her extra electric moves.

The proposed changes for her evolution are fine, provided the drawbacks carry over to her next stage.

I want to get a Signature Attribute for Medium.

[Medium] Psyduck (M) <Damp>
Signature Attribute: Psychic Power

It is a well known fact that Psyduck have psyduck have the psycic powers in part of their brains, usually unlocked when their headaches are at their worst. This is used as a last resort.

Medium was very intrested in this Psychic power as a young Psyduck. He trained himself to harness this Psychic power better than any other Psyduck could. He suceeded, at the cost of having an exremely severe headache all of the time.

Effects: Psyco is part Psychic and Part Water Type. He gets all the resistances and weaknesses that this provides. He also gets STAB for Psychic type moves. However, due to getting a severly bad headache, he takes 3% damage at the end of every Round.
Approved.

(Giftwrap'd)Riolu (Male)
Ability: Inner Focus

fwssssssh
Approved.

Abra (Male)
Ability: Synchronize

Meowth (Male)
Ability: Pickup

bank
Approved.

Got a small question: if I wanted to change the nickname of any of my Pokemon, do I have to state the change here? Or am I allowed to simply edit it in my profile?

Just edit your profile; you can change a pokémon's name as many times as you want without needing to get it re-approved.

Dragon gave me a Riolu

See I have proof

It's approved in Negrek's big long post up there, I assume Dragon was meant to put that in that Black Market post but didn't.

Dragon gave me a Riolu

See I have proof

It's approved in Negrek's big long post up there, I assume Dragon was meant to put that in that Black Market post but didn't.

Technically you're still supposed to repost the species, ability, etc. when adding it to your team. Approved, but keep that in mind next time.

Lessie... *fixes it up a bit and adds some stuff*

[Edward] Persian (M)

In his younger days, Edward was gifted with something called 'The Dragon's Blood', which grated him greater skill with manipulating his own blood as a weapon, and thus this attack was born.

To use it, Edward gathers all the health he is missing and channels it into the Dragon's Blood that rushes though his veins. The blood takes on the form of hundreds of tiny razor-sharp blades of blood that he then sends to the target. The more health he has missing, the more it does, as there is more blood able to reach the target. If he does not have any open wounds at the time, he will inflict an open wound on himself with his own claws, dealing 3% damage. (the damage he inflicts on himself does not count towards the attack's damage inflicted on the enemy)

Edward can even sustain the attack at the cost of some of his own health and energy. When sustained, the attack takes the form of a good-sized dragon-like creature that then latches onto the target, sapping their health.

When the effects of the attack linger, Edward becomes more aggressive, so his attack rises slightly.

Type: Normal / Stat: ATK / Base Damage: Varies / Accuracy: 95% / Target: Single Target / Energy: Varies / Duration: Main Attack 1 action, sustain minor until dropped
Effects: Damage dealt is half the health he is missing, rounded up, and Energy is half that. If sustained, the attack inflicts 3% Damage/Action and Edward takes 1% Damage & Energy per action sustained. He gains +1 ATK only for as long as the attack is sustained.

I'm a little confused over the sustained attack--is it just the 3% per action, or does the attack initially do the whole damage, then for every additional action another 3%?

The sustain would inflict 3% per action it's sustained, but if that's too much, I can drop it a bit.

Also, I couldn't think of a type for it really; I was going to ask something but I forgot then so I'll ask now; would this be a normal attack (as it is now), a steel one (blood has iron and all that) or a dragon one (since he was blessed by a dragon to get it?)

Bolded what was changed.

Trying it again. Bolded what's added.

---

Barinade grew up in a colony of Tentacool living on Kanto’s Route 10, just outside the Power Plant. Electrical emissions from the Plant make their way into the river somewhat often, so the Water Pokemon living there have developed a tolerance to electricity. On the other hand, the electricity they live with stimulates their circulatory systems, making them more vulnerable to poisonous emissions. Of all the Pokemon from the route, Barinade, in particular, relishes the vigor of being shocked, and actively sought the electricity. As her tolerance to electricity began to grow, she found that with practice, she could even channel it through her body to use some rudimentary Electric-type attacks.

Effects: Barinade’s tolerance to electricity lowers the super-effective modifier dealt to her by Electric-type attacks; the modifier drops to halfway between normal effectiveness and super effectiveness. (For example, on Negrek’s scale, the modifier would drop from 1.5 to 1.25. Barinade still suffers all secondary effects.) However, her heightened circulatory activity raises her vulnerability to Poison-type attacks; the modifier goes up to halfway between normal effectiveness and not-very effectiveness. (For example, on Negrek's scale, the modifier would go up from 0.67 to 0.83. Barinade still gets the STAB from Poison-type moves, and is still immune to the Poison condition.) Additionally, if Barinade can make physical contact with a source of electricity (for example, open wires, or a friendly Electric-type Pokemon), she can use certain Electric-type moves: Charge Beam, Shock Wave, Thunder Wave, and Thundershock. However, to use these moves she suffers recoil damage equal to 1/4 of the damage done to the opponent (or, for non-damaging moves, 1/4 of the energy cost).

---

Barinade's approval
My profile

Lessie... *fixes it up a bit and adds some stuff*

[Edward] Persian (M)

To use it, Edward gathers all the health he is missing and channels it into the Dragon's Blood that rushes though his veins. The blood takes on the form of hundreds of tiny razor-sharp blades of blood that he then sends to the target. The more health he has missing, the more it does, as there is more blood able to reach the target. If he does not have any open wounds at the time, he will inflict an open wound on himself with his own claws, dealing 3% damage. (the damage he inflicts on himself does not count towards the attack's damage inflicted on the enemy)

Effects: Damage dealt is half the health he is missing, rounded up, and Energy is half that. If sustained, the attack inflicts 3% Damage/Action and Edward takes 1% Damage & Energy per action sustained. He gains +1 ATK only for as long as the attack is sustained.

The sustain would inflict 3% per action it's sustained, but if that's too much, I can drop it a bit.

Also, I couldn't think of a type for it really; I was going to ask something but I forgot then so I'll ask now; would this be a normal attack (as it is now), a steel one (blood has iron and all that) or a dragon one (since he was blessed by a dragon to get it?)

Bolded what was changed.
Normal seems like the best choice to me. Steel usually refers only to solid metal, and whatever the origin of the technique, there's not much really dragon-y about it.

Approved.

Trying it again. Bolded what's added.

---

Barinade grew up in a colony of Tentacool living on Kanto’s Route 10, just outside the Power Plant. Electrical emissions from the Plant make their way into the river somewhat often, so the Water Pokemon living there have developed a tolerance to electricity. On the other hand, the electricity they live with stimulates their circulatory systems, making them more vulnerable to poisonous emissions. Of all the Pokemon from the route, Barinade, in particular, relishes the vigor of being shocked, and actively sought the electricity. As her tolerance to electricity began to grow, she found that with practice, she could even channel it through her body to use some rudimentary Electric-type attacks.

Effects: Barinade’s tolerance to electricity lowers the super-effective modifier dealt to her by Electric-type attacks; the modifier drops to halfway between normal effectiveness and super effectiveness. (For example, on Negrek’s scale, the modifier would drop from 1.5 to 1.25. Barinade still suffers all secondary effects.) However, her heightened circulatory activity raises her vulnerability to Poison-type attacks; the modifier goes up to halfway between normal effectiveness and not-very effectiveness. (For example, on Negrek's scale, the modifier would go up from 0.67 to 0.83. Barinade still gets the STAB from Poison-type moves, and is still immune to the Poison condition.) Additionally, if Barinade can make physical contact with a source of electricity (for example, open wires, or a friendly Electric-type Pokemon), she can use certain Electric-type moves: Charge Beam, Shock Wave, Thunder Wave, and Thundershock. However, to use these moves she suffers recoil damage equal to 1/4 of the damage done to the opponent (or, for non-damaging moves, 1/4 of the energy cost).

---

Barinade's approval
My profile

Approved.

Twiggy, in that bank account, you gotta edit it. Subtract the money you used to get those pokemon with 45$. You have to get rid of Gible or Chimchar. Your total adds up to 60$ while you only have 45. if you kept Gible/chimchar and Togepi, you would have ten dollars left over.

i can have the chimchar, as he is a traditional starter, for only 10$. Next, Togepi costs 10$, amking up 20 dollars. Finally, 20$ plus 25$ is 45$, so I can have them. Made the calculation.
10+10+25=45
I can have one traditional starter for a 10$ price, meh.
So its NOT 25+25+10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom