• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Em'rild Thicket -/current swarm: Roselia

ultraviolet

sorry, i'm never going to stop being mad about it.
Staff member
Pronoun
she/her
welcome to...
picture.php

Em'rild Thicket
The Thicket is a vast, green expanse that has been left as a sanctuary for
grass, bug and flying-types. After a modest donation fee of 4$, you are
welcome to explore the thicket until you either catch a pokemon or find a
rare item. So the peace of the sanctuary is not disturbed, you will get up
to three chances to explore before you'll be asked to leave (or to enter
and pay again).

Here on the noticeboard you'll find pokemon that are commonly found in
the Thicket, but there are some rarer ones that even we haven't found
yet. When new ones are found, we'll put them up on the noticeboard.
All pokemon that can be found are either of the grass, flying or bug
types.

Sometimes, there will be a swarm of a particular pokemon. We'll have that
advertised in the noticeboard, and in the thread title.

So please, take a park ball, and get started! Have fun!

noticeboard

recorded items:
berries (oran, chesto, cheri, leppa, sitrus, persim, lum, pecha), tinymushrooms
miracle seed, posion barb, sharp beak, silverpowder, rose incense, big mushrooms

rare items:

who knows? better start searching!

current swarm:
roselia
It's January, that is, migration season for Roselia!
These pokemon will be heading in large numbers north-west through the
forest for about a week or so. Better hurry! You'll be able to find them in
large droves by following the fresh scent of roses.

pokemon found commonly:
oddishbellsprouthoppiplotadseedotparascaterpie
weedlekricketotnincadawurmplepidgeyspearowtaillowstarly
there may be more!

pokemon that are uncommon:
sunkerntangelashroomishcherubiledybaspinaraksurskitpineconatuhoothootTreeckoChikorita
there may be more!

rare pokemon:

ScytherPinsirIllumise
there may be more!

super-rare pokemon:
None have been discovered yet. Better start searching!

Last edited:
Kai
You're first in the thicket. The ranger gives you an encouraging smile and a park ball, and you're off. The forest is lush and tranquil, and you can hear snatches of birdsong echoing through the forest. You decide to lean against a tree to take in the calm atmosphere when you realise that somebody's already on that tree.
caterpie (m)
Catch the little fella, or move on?

Walker
You decide to take a different route and instead go towards a sunny clearing up ahead. The strong scent of flowers attracts you, leading you towards the grassy patch of - flowers? Red and blue roses cover the clearing, all heading north from here. It's the Roselia swarm! One tiptoes towards you curiously, wondering at your amazing height and lack of flowers for hands. It's no pineco, but...
Roselia (m)
Catch him, or move on?

Psymon
You direct yourself towards the thicker, denser part of the thicket, park ball in your hand. The grass is tall, and tickles your chin as you amble through it slowly. Large, thick trees covered in vines block out most of the sun's rays. What on earth will you find here? Wait a minute! Are those shrooms growing over there? You trample through the grass towards the mushrooms, to find a...
Scyther (f)
She freezes, apparently in the middle of chopping up some mushrooms for lunch. There are no paras to be seen.
Catch her, or move on?

Walker said:
I'll keep going.
You turn around and head south from there, keen to get far away from the swarm. After tramping through the forest for some time (and starting to feel a little impatient), you reach a bush that's blocking your path. You go to move around it, when something small and brightly-coloured collides with your head!
Illumise(f)
She's knocked back in mid-air, dazed. Catch her, or move on?

Kai said:
I think that I'll continue.
Leaving the caterpie behind, you stroll through the thicket before seeing a clearing up ahead - someone's walking away from there. Hmm, maybe they missed something? You decide to have a look.
It's the roselia swarm! Hundreds of little flowery pokemon, all hurrying north from here. One trips over your foot in her haste. She looks up at you uncertainly, debating whether to flee or attack.
Roselia(f)
Catch her, or move on?

Psymon said:
i'll continue please.
The scyther seems to regain her composure, deciding on rage over surprise. She raises her blades at you menacingly - you've interrupted her lunch! Without so much as a goodbye, you flee, jumping over logs in your haste to get away.
Content you've put enough distance between yourself and the scyther, you stop to catch your breath, leaning against a tree. Gazing around the forest, you notice a small green pokemon snoozing on a rock in a patch of sun.
Treecko (m)
Catch him, or move on?

MidnightSaboteur said:
Me please~
The cool, shady entrance to the Thicket greets you as you decide to walk carefully along a dirt path. You're not in there for long before something tramples into your path, making a terrible racket.
Pinsir (m)
He seems to have gotten tangled in vines and has been thrashing about the forest, trying to get them off. Well, that's what you deduce from the path of destruction behind him.
Catch him, or move on?

Mike the Foxhog said:
I'd like a go please.
You enter the Thicket, park ball in hand, towards a sunnier patch, forgoing all the dark and shady parts of the forest. It's a nice little clearing, with the sun streaming through the gap in the foliage and gleaming on the dew in the grass. However, there's nothing here, apart from some kind of odd, stripy rock.
The rock hops up and makes indignant noises at you! Perhaps it's not a rock at all. Come to think of it...
Sunkern (f)
It's a pokemon! She's looking a little concerned now, no doubt wondering whether announcing herself so loudly to a trainer was a good idea.
Catch her, or move on?

MidnightSaboteur said:
Got 'im got 'im~
Kai said:
I'll catch her. Finally, a use for my Shiny Stone.
Walker said:
Sure, I'll take her.

Come again! 8D

Pikachu said:
I'd like to try, please. *hands over $4*
You stumble through the thicket, heading west, where the trees are thinner and closer together. The forest is dense and hard to traverse; dark, filtered light trickles down from the higher canopy. You stop to catch your breath and check your watch - after not seeing the sun for so long, you have no idea how long it's been. A lone, silent spinarak slides down on a thread, looking at you curiously.
Spinarak(m)
Catch him, or move on?

Walker said:
I think I will! Take some more of my money, please.
With your pockets slightly lighter, You head off into the thicket for the second time. A light breeze comes whistling through the trees and ruffles your hair... and someone's come along with it!
Hoppip (f)
Catch her, or move on?

Pikachu said:
Move on, please.
Leaving the spider behind (he retreats back up his thread, offended), you continue exploring the area until you find a patch of large, leafy plants, almost tropical in appearance. Brushing away the large foliage to see if there's anything under there, something utters a low cry of surprise!
Chikorita (f)
One of the leaves you've brushed away belongs to the little pokemon. She glares at you defiantly, as if daring you to catch her.
Catch her, or move on?

Back
Top Bottom