• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Trick House

Linguistics, if you please.

May a dog, may a drawn olive, may a mood? May a evil nan live a yam? Doom a yam, evil onward a yam, god a yam.

Chatot He was happily reciting the Dead Parrot sketch from Monty Python. The twistedness of it was making the rest of the pokémon uncomfortable - I think they're glad he's your problem now.

Beav232
"Stanley Yelnats" is a name, not a sentence! I'll give it to you, though, because most palindromic sentences are pretty iffy anyway.
Rattata She was composing angsty goth poetry. It wasn't very good, but that's more of a fault of the genre than her writing skills.
bagchilanberrysprite.png
She was holding a Chilan Berry.

Mike the Foxhog
Kangaskhan Well, she HAD been laughing her ass off at Ninetales' snit fit, but then Ninetales was caught. Then she went to look at the textbook in question, and you caught her. Is that book possessed or something?

Awesome :3 (I love this area's "additional requirements" by the way.)

Linguistics room, please. Swap God for a janitor, rot in a jar of dog paws.

Mike the Foxhog
(glad you're having fun!)
Ekans He was in the middle of a TV Tropes binge. Easiest catch ever. I doubt he'd even have noticed if a bomb went off.

Full Metal Cookies
Hoothoot She was trying to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.

Zora of Termina
Eevee She was taking a nap on a stack of old dictionaries.

ETA: By the way, Full Metal Cookies, congratulations on finding the first unlisted pokémon. Hoothoot has been added to the listing in the first post, and there's a new hidden common in the Historical Room.

Last edited:
Few people want to walk on the math side, it seems! Let me enter this into the keypad... 2305843009213693951. Yes.

Also, this room does more for my edification than all of school today.

MidnightSaboteur
Abra He had just claimed to discover a truly marvelous proof, which this margin was too narrow to contain. Someone tried telling him this shtick had been done already, so he hit them upside the head with a spoon.

Hey, he's still holding his bludgeoning spoon!
Bag_TwistedSpoon_Sprite.png

Hopefully this isn't double-posting, the forums glitched up for me when I tried before. Also, I'm glad people are learning things! I tried to pick requirements that most people would find easily on google, but also that people would be likely to read a little bit more about. Wikipedia binges are fun!

I'll do two rooms: one maths (31: 2^5 - 1) and the other botany (eggplant: solanum melongena). Please and thanks.

EvilCrazyMonkey
Kadabra He was programming a web widget to display the date in the Mayan Long Count calendar.

Hoppip He was tending to his TRAINED ATTACK NEMATODES. I imagine they're more important when you're a plant.

Another generation rat??? WTF screw you RNG...

Linguistics.

No, sir, away! A papaya war is on!

(plz no rats again!)

I man am regal, a German am I.
Now lemme into the linguisticts room. (Dangit! I'm not the first to quote Wierd Al Yankovic!)

Last edited:
RandomTyphoon

Abra He's playing Pokémon on a gameboy. Man, that always boggled me when I would play the games and see characters playing on their gameboys in-game. Gave me a headache something fierce.

Bellsprout He has a sunburn. Wait, what?

Eonrider

Arbok She's reading Monster - okay, she's only halfway reading Monster, she's spending the rest of her time insisting to anyone in earshot that manga counts as literature too. (Everyone else is like "We don't care if it's HIGH ART, shut up so we can go back to our smutty fanfics.")

Dr Frank

Chimchar He found his way into the Linguistics room through some extradimensional maneuvering - it seems another orange ape showed him how to get around in L-Space.

Back
Top Bottom