• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crazy Linoone vs. Kindling Queen

Arena description:
2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: A Very Large Chunk of 60% Cocoa Dark Chocolate

This is another one of Linoone's infamous food arenas. Although not as interesting as, say, a blueberry pie or a cup of tea, chocolate is still chocolate, and this very large chunk of 60% cocoa dark chocolate is the good stuff indeed. This chunk of chocolate is a rich, dark color, for it has been made from the finest cocoa beans grown in the region of Teakod, a place famous for it various foods and tea (mostly tea). A faint, sweet aroma hovers over the arena constantly. The battlefield is simple: a large, 30 by 20m (about 100 by 65 ft) rectangular chunk of chocolate. The chunk of chocolate seems to be infinitely tall, but falling off is impossible, for any Pokemon (or careless human) knocked off the arena will be magically transported back on. The chocolate is hard, but digging in it would be no problem at all, for it is easily malleable.

Chocolate is not chocolate if it does not melt, and the arena does just that -- it starts rock-hard, but will slowly soften over time until it becomes a slightly squishy (but still solid) block at the end of the fifth round. The chocolate then stops melting. However, extremely hot temperatures will cause the chocolate to melt considerably faster, and one can even create pools of molten chocolate (mmmm... delicious) with a flamethrower if one feels like it. The pool will gradually solidify into a soft solid though. The softened chocolate does not have much effects, unless you count squishiness as an effect.

The arena is, of course, edible. A Pokemon can spend an action to eat a piece of chocolate for a temporary caffeine-induced boost (Attack, Special Attack, and Speed +1 for 3 actions). However, the caffeine-induced crash aftereffect will cause the Pokemon to temporary loose -2 Speed, -1 Attack, and -1 Special Attack for 2 actions after the boost has faded. The boosts can be stacked (for example, a Pokemon can be ordered to eat 2 pieces of chocolate at once, which counts as two actions, and receive +2 boost in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed for 3 actions, but receive a 2 action crash of -4 Speed, -2 Attack, and -2 Special Attack).

Other: People and Pokemon allergic to chocolate are not recommended to battle here. The referee gets to keep the arena (which is an infinitely tall chunk of chocolate) after the battle is over.

After Crunch fainted, Linoone recalled him, sending out her next and final pokemon: Riley the riolu.

Once he was sent out, Linoone shouted a few commands, and under them was the sentence "Crush him!".

Riolu, however, was a little bit undermotivated- he stood before a big, thin dog, and his face was covered in blood, making him even creepier.
Riolu let out a shudder, and started to jump on the spot, trying not to sink into the soft chocolate, which was extremly hot, despite the fact that it was raining.

Round 8
Linoone's Pack(Xo)
447.png

[Riley]Riolu<M>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Force Palm/Vacuum Wave ~ Force Palm/Vacuum Wave ~ Force Palm/Vacuum Wave

Kindling's Fighters(xO)
faffy.png

[Fafneer]Houndoom<M>
Health: 34%
Energy: 53%
Commmands: Ashy Equalizer~Chill~Chill

Fafneer let out a howl, and stored a hell-mass of dark and fire energy in his body. After storing lots of energy, his body became completely black. Fafneer released the energy, followed by another howl, and a wave of dark energy came out of Fafneer' body, along with another wave of burning hot ash, creating a wave of burning hot chocolate and steam towards Riley, covering and singing his body, and sending him flying towards the corner of the cake.

Riley let out a yowl, and lost his balance, falling from the corner of the cake, from endless hieght, and towards the void. However, after falling for 10 seconds, his body became yellow, and then exploded in colourful detail, reappearing next to Fafneer.

Riley let out a howl, and tried to regain his balance. He shook his head and growled- his whole body hurt, and he felt tired. However, he felt a little bit smarter, and more evil, even if hardly.
Fixing his mind back on the battle, Riley charged up fighting energy in his paw, and charged towards Fafneer, who was recovering from his previous move. Once he reached Fafneer, he put his chest on the black hound's forehead, and released the fighting energy, sending Fafneer flying backwards.

Fafneer stood up, dizzy, head aching, and bleeding everywhere. He let out a howl of despair, and sat down, readied his head, and relaxed a little.
However, the exhaustion and pain were so bad that Fafneer could hardly relax.

Riley grinned- he still had a chance to win after scoring such a hit on Fafneer. Charging forward and another attack, Riley jumped, and landed on Fafneer head, put his palm on his horns, which blocked the way...
..And released another wave of fighting type energy, the hit weakened by Fafneer's horns.

Fafneer stood up, but collapsed on the ground. He was badly injuried, almost fainted, and his bleeding became worse. Sitting down another time, he recharged his energy, feeling a little better, but still bad.

Riley, grabbing the oppurnity, charged one final bundle of energy in his right palm, and then released the well known energy pulse on Fafneer, knocking him out. Aching a little, and quite tired, Riley kicked Fafneer's body a second before he was called back, leaving a small scratch on his back. Then, he was recalled.

End Of Battle!
Linoone's Pack(xO)
447.png

[Riley]Riolu<M>
Health: 55%(capped)
Energy: 41%
Status: We should do this again sometime! Expect for the dark wave thing...(SSBB rip-off)
Commands: Force Palmx3

Kindling's Fighters(xX)
faffy.png

[Fafneer]Houndoom<M>
Health: 0%
Energy: 48%
Commmands: Ashy Equalizer~Chill~Chill

The referee, now in turtwig form, stuffed his mouth with chocolate, handed both trainers their money, and disappeared.

Referee's notes:
-The first chill regained less energy because fafneer was nervous. Extremly.
-The first force palm was a critical.
-The second one brought Fafneer to exactly 1% health.
-Good game, guys! That was the fastest K.O. Row I've ever seen.
-Linoone gets 16$, I get 10$ for reffing, and KQ gets 6$.
Fafneer gets 2 Xp, Vulpix gets 1 Xp, while Riley and Crunch each get 2 XP.
-Feel free to ask question, and I'll answer 'em all, as long as they concern the battle.

Oh my gosh I hate complaining! BUT, the move Force Palm does 6% base damage and with it being Faf's weakness that is 12% + critical hit which shouldn't bring him down as much as you made it seem since according to TCoD's rules the damage is to be divided by 10 and rounded to the nearest whole number. If you do the math that is just barely 1%. The next Force Palm should have been brought down to 3% and at most a +1 from her STAB. That would leave Fafneer with 17% health left, not 1% so Fafneer should've survived this round. To show you where I get my facts from I left the links to your disposal.

Force Palm Damage
Critical Hit Calc.

~Sorry Crazy Linoone. I prefer it reffed as accurate as possible. =|

Acctualy, I know that reptiles don't have(insert disturbing private place name) like mammals do, so that was the part the should be funny.

Uh, the fact is that they do have penises. The penises are just located inside of their bodies, much like how the stomach is located inside of a human's body. So, for Fafneer to bite off Crunch's penis, the houndoom would have to bite of a very significant chunk of Crunch's lower body.

Also, KQ, no worries. I'm just a lazy bum and am too lazy to double check the calculations.

Acctualy, Force Palm's base power is 60, while the base damage is 6.
The critical raised the damage by 6, (since 60:10=6)which is why fafneer fainted in the end.

6+6+1(stab)=13x1.5(super effective)=19+(1.5(stat change)x2)=22

Hm.. When I think about it, the damage was acctualy calculated a little bit wrong...

The next two attacks:
6+1(stab)=7x1.5=10+3=13x0.5(Fafneer's horns)=6

So, after caculating all these, Fafneer would still faint.

(Fafneer's health)34-22=12-6=6-6=Fafneer faints.
So, in the end, while he didn't stay with 1 hit point on the final action, he did faint on the third action.

I see where I miscalculated the critical but where does the additional damage from the stat change come from? If it has anything to do with the +2 from Fafneer that only corresponds with Special attacks while that was a physical.

Also, Fafneer's horns are calculated in first. You divide the base damage before you apply weakness and additional stat changes. That still came out to the correct damage but it is the first one I am concerned about. Where did you get 1.5 x 2 from?

I calculate stat changes in my own way:

For each stat change, there is a 1.5 difference.

That means a +1 will raise damage by 1, while a +2 will raise damage by 3.

Yes well again, the stat change Crunch inherits from Fafneer only aids in Sp. Attacks. Force Palm is just an Attack which means Physical. He gets no additional points from that towards his Force Palm, that is like...for Water Gun or Flamethrower, etc.

Yes, but Fafneer's abillity lowers his defense.

And I just realized the boost should be 1.5x3, which means 4.5, a 4 damage boost in ASB langauge.

Yes but his ability also-

Ya know what, I'll just leave it be. I have another battle to tend to. >.>
Thanks for the battle Linoone ^^

Back
Top Bottom