• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dwagie vs Typh

2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing move allowed once for the entire match.
Arena: Sketchpad

A giant pad of paper made for transferring imagination into reality, everyone probably knows what one of these is. Except this one is big. Humongous, even. Yet for all intents and purposes it's flat, slightly textured surface provide an incredibly neutral field for battle. However, the paper seems highly resistant to normal damage, and as such the likes of fire, water, or any other damaging elements will not immediately disintegrate it's being as they may normal paper.

The ref plays an extra role in this battle, however.. upon accepting they are granted a magic pen, capable of bringing life to what is drawn onto the paper. As such, the ref gets to decide the arena effects each round, for better or for worse. (Try to remain unbiased though!! Most effects should probably affect both contenders unless you want to get creative with balance)
The catch is, they actually have to DRAW it - obviously. So with a little creativity (NOT asking for artistic genius here, Paint and scribbles will work, though effort would be appreciated~ ) this battle can flow as their fingers decide.
EVERY ROUND THE REF SHOULD DRAW THEIR CURRENT PERCEPTION OF THE BATTLE ON A 750x450 PIXEL TEMPLATE, AS WELL AS ADDING THE EFFECTS THEY WISH. For instance, the ref may draw a pond and colour the rest of the sheet green, to bring the battle to a grassy field with a small pond.
The ref may draw on the ENTIRE ARENA as they wish.

ADDITIONALLY, every three rounds STARTING AT ROUND TWO (Meaning the first round is played by contenders normally, then this will come into play, then two more will be played normally, and it will come into play again) both contenders will receive a disposable pen of their own, which will have enough ink for ONE EFFECT. By using a turn labelled as "Sketch", a Pokemon may sketch a desired effect using this pen, either immediately, or holding onto the pen for a later round. (Only two may be held at one time)
When a pen is used, the contender uses the same 750x450 pixel sheet to illustrate their desired effect, BUT THEY MAY NOT DESCRIBE IT WITH WORDS. Instead, the ref judges from their drawing alone and applies the effect as such!
When a contender produces their own effect, the ref will copy their drawing and ADD to it, but not OVERRIDE it. If both players use their pens at the same time, the player whose turn is first gets first dibs, the second player may ADD but not OVERRIDE it, and the ref takes last priority. A player's effect may only affect a maximum of HALF THE ARENA.
(FOR EXAMPLE: If Player 1 draws a field of Fire on the left side of the field, player two may draw the right side of the field with water, but NOT cover the existing fire. The ref is then within their liberty to add, for example, a platform on either side - but not remove or edit player effects drastically.)
Finally, at the end of every round the pad is wiped clean to begin anew. Meaning at the beginning of every round, it will have returned to a clean, neutral field until edited again.

Round Six
Wuffles (OO)
Duskull
Alya (F) <Levitate>
Health: 9%
Energy: 53%
Status: did not enjoy that round one bit. -2 Sp Atk. Cursed (-1/10 of current HP each turn).
Protect ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Sneak / Trick Room

M'colleague (OO)
Gastly
Cheshire (M) <Levitate>
Health: 14%
Energy: 23%
Status: "how the heck can you electrocute gas anyway D<". -2 Sp Atk, burned (3% damage per round); Trick Room, Taunt, Captivate, Confuse Ray and Shadow Ball disabled for four actions. Has 1 clone.
Will-O-Wisp ~ Psychic ~ Ominous Wind

The novelty of the arena has firmly worn off now. With a rather indifferent air, the referee shades a thick line down the middle of the arena and draws two spiky shapes either side of it, and leaves it at that, pushing the cap onto the pen to start the transformation. And to stop the magic drying out. Again the base of the arena slopes down, forming a long valley across the thick band of scribble daubed across the floor. A chill hits the air, and a thick layer of snow rises from the ground; the spiky objects rise from the ground, taking the form of pine trees. A hailstorm starts up, pelting Cheshire's clone with ice and eliminating it, much to his dismay. As the trainers slide around on the steep banks of the snowy valley, the referee begins Round Six.
(Arena)

Panting a little heavily, Cheshire floats forward, beginning to notice the steady stream of hail tumbling from the sky and pinging off his gaseous, intangible body. Giving up on wondering why physics doesn't behave with regards to his physical state in this accursed arena, he looks up to Alya; at least she seems to be doing worse than he is, albeit quite chuffed at getting rid of her burn. Cheshire sets out to fix that, exuding a cocktail of gases from his body, ignoring how dodgy that sounds, and lighting them with a spectral flame that appears from nowhere, illuminating and warming the arena in an orb of bright blue, eerie flame. The spark hangs innocently in the air for a moment before lazily swirling through the air towards Alya. The flame takes several minutes to swim its way over to the Duskull before swooping in towards her. As it comes close to touching her arm, however, it disintegrates into a swirl of flame and vanishes. Cheshire growls in frustration towards his opponent, seeing a thin sheen of blue light on the surface of her body which quickly evaporates. Alya giggles nastily, but is cut off with a yelp as a huge hailstone smacks her in the eye. Cheshire musters half a cackle before he, too, is stricken by a hunk of hurtling sky-ice.

Picking himself up angrily, Cheshire orientates himself and floats over to his opponent. Time to put an end to this, he thinks as he focuses the psychic energy in his head, channeling it with all his mental strength towards Alya. In his head, he envisions Alya being spun round the arena and smashed into threes, rocks, everything solid in the area, with heavy force. Sliding one eye ajar, he spots Alya being grabbed by unseen hands and flung around the arena like a ragdoll, smashed repeatedly against a tree squealing in pain and protest. After a few smashes, her squeals get quieter, before petering out entirely. The strange energy releases her, and she slumps pitifully to the ground. Cheshire floats over to check if she's finished off, and is instantly greeted by a blob of shadows to the face which Alya sneakily charged up with the last of her energy. Retreating with a hiss, he spins around in the air, trying to blow the caustic energy off him, but ends up being hit with a sizeable hailstone and sent spinning into Alya with a colossal thud.

Again springing into the air, Cheshire gives a bitter snarl. Exactly how many times is he going to have to keep picking himself up off the ground this battle, huh? Well, no more under Alya's watch. Grinning manically at her near-comatose figure, his eyes glow with a horrifying purple energy. A blink later, and he suddenly realises Alya has vanished. With an astonished gasp, Cheshire banishes the glow from his eyes and begins a panicked search for his opponent, but spots the tiny shadow creeping up on him much too late. Quick as a flash, Alya leaps from the spot of darkness in which she was hiding, swooping up and smashing into him brutally. With a faint gasp of pain and surprise, Cheshire flies upwards before plummeting to the ground and descending into indeterminate wisps of purplish gas and vanishing. Typh flaps her floofyears sadly before being smacked on the back of the head by hail, knocking her fedora into the snow. Luckily, the arena is wiped clear, returning into a blank slate before that hat can get all wet or ruined. However it didn't quite end in time to stop Alya receiving a sound pummelling of ice. That coupled with the curse sapping her remaining strength leaves her hardly able to stay in the air.

Wuffles (OO)
Duskull
Alya (F) <Levitate>
Health: 1%
Energy: 40%
Status: barely conscious. -2 Sp Atk. Cursed (-1/10 of current HP each turn).
Protect ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Sneak

M'colleague (XO)
Gastly
Cheshire (M) <Levitate>
Health: 0%
Energy: 12%
Will-O-Wisp ~ Psychic

Terrain Notes
Arena for this round: Snow Valley; the bottom of a valley covered in deep snow. Weather set to Hail for duration of the round. Loud noises have a 50% chance to cause an avalanche, dealing 5% Ice damage to both targets.

Final Notes
- the hail made Cheshire's clone noticeable and ruined the illusion.
- M'colleague sends out and attacks first next round.

Last edited:
(Pst Mike it doesn't exactly matter since they're getting bopped by hail but Shadow Sneak is a priority move Alya would have gone first and derped Cheshire.
.....Actually it DOES matter that means SHE gets the KO and the final headbop and gets 2XP :3 FEEX.)

Anyway - ohshi double down, shit just got REAL
*Ahem....* .......Bugger all the one time I choose Pokémon first I ALSO am going to have to move first. ASB Karma Kecleon man, it's out to get me. l:
Time to pull out the relatively average guns with an inflated ego, My very own Wuffles (One of two, anyway) Amaturasu~

447-fPurple-1.png

Yes. PURPLE.

(Although really Mike I think in this case it operates like a normal round start, where one person chooses, the next chooses and attacks, then they attack. So it would be I Choose, Typhy Chooses Attacks, I attack.... but you should confirm that cause I have no clue really.)

(considering i ultra spam chersy in everything if she gets the x2 exp it wouldn't matter much *SHOT*)

Right then~ Army psychic powa~

...okay fine. Girafarig go Shawn!

Annnd I'll wait until Mike says something so.

Fffff dammit. This is why you read commands properly, kids.

Right, Alya's still alive now I've done it properly. Typh, you can revise your sending-out in light of this if you like. If not go ahead and attack.

Right then in that case...nah Shawn'll suffice.

Do the obvious. PIMPSLAP with Psychic. Then go ahead and spam Psychic the whole nine yards if Amaturasu goes, and if not: ThunderBolt and Calm Mind

Psychic~Psychic/Thunderbolt~Psychic/Calm Mind

1 HP, Bitchin'

....Bloody giraffe is immune to Shadow Sneak. :V Not so bitchin'. Goddamn Norms.
Right let's finish this quickly. Just in case like Psychic misses or something spam... uh.... crap Destiny Bond counts as an OHKO move doesn't it. Meh spam Trick Room. Otherwise good going Ally, let's clean this slate for........ bugger, why don't I have a Dark type. Psssssssssyyyyyy weakz.

2vs2 single

A giant pad of paper made for transferring imagination into reality, everyone probably knows what one of these is. Except this one is big. Humongous, even. Yet for all intents and purposes it's flat, slightly textured surface provide an incredibly neutral field for battle. However, the paper seems highly resistant to normal damage, and as such the likes of fire, water, or any other damaging elements will not immediately disintegrate it's being as they may normal paper.

The ref plays an extra role in this battle, however.. upon accepting they are granted a magic pen, capable of bringing life to what is drawn onto the paper. As such, the ref gets to decide the arena effects each round, for better or for worse. (Try to remain unbiased though!! Most effects should probably affect both contenders unless you want to get creative with balance)
The catch is, they actually have to DRAW it - obviously. So with a little creativity (NOT asking for artistic genius here, Paint and scribbles will work, though effort would be appreciated~ ) this battle can flow as their fingers decide.
EVERY ROUND THE REF SHOULD DRAW THEIR CURRENT PERCEPTION OF THE BATTLE ON A 750x450 PIXEL TEMPLATE, AS WELL AS ADDING THE EFFECTS THEY WISH. For instance, the ref may draw a pond and colour the rest of the sheet green, to bring the battle to a grassy field with a small pond.

ADDITIONALLY, every three rounds STARTING AT ROUND TWO (Meaning the first round is played by contenders normally, then this will come into play, then two more will be played normally, and it will come into play again) both contenders will receive a disposable pen of their own, which will have enough ink for ONE EFFECT. By using a turn labelled as "Sketch", a Pokemon may sketch a desired effect using this pen, either immediately, or holding onto the pen for a later round. (Only two may be held at one time)
When a pen is used, the contender uses the same 750x450 pixel sheet to illustrate their desired effect, BUT THEY MAY NOT DESCRIBE IT WITH WORDS. Instead, the ref judges from their drawing alone and applies the effect as such!
When a contender produces their own effect, the ref will copy their drawing and ADD to it, but not OVERRIDE it. If both players use their pens at the same time, the player whose turn is first gets first dibs, the second player may ADD but not OVERRIDE it, and the ref takes last priority. A player's effect may only affect a maximum of HALF THE ARENA.
(FOR EXAMPLE: If Player 1 draws a field of Fire on the left side of the field, player two may draw the right side of the field with water, but NOT cover the existing fire. The ref is then within their liberty to add, for example, a platform on either side - but not remove or edit player effects drastically.)
Finally, at the end of every round the pad is wiped clean to begin anew. Meaning at the beginning of every round, it will have returned to a clean, neutral field until edited again.

With a slight sigh, Typh slips her fedora off and begins to rummage through it for something, eventually unearthing a Pokéball. Holding it up triumphantly, she lets it drop to the floor and burst into a flash of red light, which forms the shape of a Girafarig and solidifies into Shawn. The newcomer peers disinterestedly around the blank arena with his tail-head, while neck-head fixes on Alya, its barely-living target. Shawn snorts in a mixture of mirth and annoyance at Alya's pathetic figure, whereas the Duskull herself can barely look up. Shawn prepares while the easiest round of his life gets underway.

Round Seven
Wuffles (OO)
Duskull
Alya (F) <Levitate>
Health: 1%
Status: barely conscious. -2 Sp Atk. Cursed (-1/10 of current HP each turn).
Trick Room ~ Trick Room ~ Trick Room

M'colleague (XO)
girafarig
Shawn (M) <Early Bird>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Psychic~Psychic/Thunderbolt~Psychic/Calm Mind

Again, the referee gets lazy on this round's arena, simply scampering across the ground leaving tiny dots with his pen. With a lazy replacement of the cap, he watches as the arena washes over with blackness and the tiny dots turn into... tiny white dots. Suddenly, everyone in the arena is lifted off their feet, floating in what seems to have become a floorless nothingness. The trainers, paniced, turn to the ref to ask what the heck's going on; worryingly, no sound escapes their throats. Taking a moment to wonder what the trainers are trying to say, the referee shrugs and waves a flag to start the round, accidentally letting it go, causing it to drift upwards, away from him. Whoops.
(Arena)

Thrashing in panic and confusion for a moment, Shawn kicks himself upright and tries to get used to this new environment. What the hell's going on? Not one second ago, there was nothing here, and now... well, arguably there's nothing here either. Both heads make a mental note to regard the arena with some suspicion in future, before closing their eyes to summon their inner psychic power. They focus, in their minds' eyes, on Alya being rended from within with some malicious power, channelling their thoughts towards her. Alya looks up from her exhausted stupor to feel an unknown power, similar to the one before, gripping at her body with unseen claws. The power seeps into her brain and completely takes hold, setting off all her pain receptors and nerves at once. For a few brief seconds, she becomes a flailing mess, a puppet to the influence of Shawn's psychic power. Her appendages contort horribly as agony washes through every inch of her, eventually stopping her soft, unheard wails as she sinks into unconsciousness, floating docilely and unmoving in the air. With that, the arena suddenly flashes back into white blankness, and the five fall several feet and land quite hard on the now-existent floor. Everyone by Alya stands up, rubbing whatever part they hit the ground with force on, and the referee's flag drops from the sky a few minutes later and smacks him on the head.

Wuffles (OO)
Duskull
Alya (F) <Levitate>
Health: 0%

M'colleague (XO)
girafarig
Shawn (M) <Early Bird>
Energy: 93%
Status: "well, that was an easy victory." "tell me about it, neck-head. Also, ouch."
Psychic

Terrain Notes
Arena for this round: Outer Space; all Pokémon gain the Levitate ability. All sound-based moves are rendered ineffective.

Final Notes
- Alya got derped aww.
- You both have pens by the way, gonna get more next round.
- Wuffles send out and attack go.

Poor Alya >: Poor wasted SPACE FOIGHT arena, it would have been highly amusing to watch a giraffe flail about in Zero G. I'll ignore the oxygen issues. I hope you're saving these arenas Mike I'm going to have to force you to ref another battle here eventually. IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE.

Anyway my terrible lack of psychic resistance or even neutrality is terribly evident at the moment and I should go purchase a Dark type. In the interim though, why change up. Go, Wuffles! For.. Realsies this time.

447-fPurple-1.png

PURPLE WUUUUUFF.

Okay, simple command string my Wuffles. Toxic until it works. If the normy giraffe face-butt protects before you nail it with yucksies, use Swords Dance. And if he's poisoned and dying and not cowering behind his wimpy giraffe shields then BITE HIM REALLY HARD. CRUNCH HIS BOOOOONES.

Toxic / Swords Dance / Crunch x3

... C:<

Okay army psychic you've dealt with this before. Generally I want you to Magic Coat once yer poisoned, smack some sense into it (and duck so it doesn't hit you in the mouth this time! I'm sorry man but I can't find as many pineapples these days as I thought that is what the canned ones are for :c shhshh baby i know) and er. Then let's go with Facade if this means you *are* still poisoned (no srsly i have no idea orz) and Zen Headbutt if you aren't. Finally, well...let's break shit C: Confuse Ray for extra mind rape~

Magic Coat~Facade/Zen Headbutt~Confuse Ray

2vs2 single

Calling Alya back crossly, Dwagie stuffs a paw under her rather dapper purple hat and pulls out another Pokéball. Slinging it in the air, she lets it drop to the floor and burst open, to reveal a purple Riolu must like herself, minus the jazzy purple getup. The referee looks on in horror. Riolus commanding fellow Riolus in battle? That's... not right. That has connotations of goddamn slavery or something. While the referee stares gormlessly, Amaturasu scans the empty arena curiously, while Shawn waits patiently for the referee to start doing his bloody scribbles already.

Round Eight
Wuffles (XO)
447-fPurple-1.png

Amaturasu (F) <Inner Focus>
Energy: 100%
Toxic/Swords Dance/Crunch ~ Toxic/Swords Dance/Crunch ~ Toxic/Swords Dance/Crunch

M'colleague (XO)
girafarig
Shawn (M) <Early Bird>
Energy: 93%
Status: Neck-head: sizing up the newcomer. Tail-head: wondering why he always gets such awful views.
Magic Coat~Facade/Zen Headbutt~Confuse Ray

The referee pulls the cap off his pen for again. Shawn looks over at him dauntingly, causing Amaturasu to peer over as well in interest, blissfully unaware of the havoc wreaked by that innocent-looking pen. The referee scrawls a number of squiggles on the floor before applying a liberal dotting of spots and returning the lid to his pen. Amaturasu feels the ground beginning to give beneath her feet, and looks down in shock to see the blank white ground has changed to become a vast expanse of sand, the squiggles rising to become dunes, and each of Shawn's heads flail irritably, trying to rid both the rapid sandstorm and scorching sunbeams from their eyes.
(Arena)

Still mildly overcome by the sudden transformation of the arena, Amaturasu notices her opponent's inaction and steps forward to act, assuming he's merely still a little dazed. He can't be that used to it after one action, surely? She opens her mouth, retching, and instantly gets a gobful of sand. Coughing and spluttering, she manages to exile most of the grains from her mouth, which she then closes with a wince-inducing crunch. Urgh. Not the best time to open your mouth, it seems, in the middle of a sandstorm. Covering her face with a paw, Amaturasu begins to advance on Shawn again, coughing and spluttering loudly and sounding quite ill. When she gets within spitting distance of the Girafarig, she uncovers her face quickly and hurls a glob of sickening purple goo Shawnwards. As she does, a glittering golden barrier around him reveals itself, and the hunk of venom splatters uselessly against it. The surface of the shining membrane twinkles, and with a twanggg the mouthful of fluid is catapulted right back at Amaturasu, squelching messily against her arm. She gasps in horror and begins trying to wipe the caustic glob away, but only succeeds in rubbing it deeper into her flesh. Oh, and exposing a nice patch of raw flesh for the sandstorm to tear into. Why her. At least she's not the only one suffering, as her opponent's hide gets a good slashing from the abrasive whirlwind.

Shawn watches as his opponent begins to succumb to the poisoning; her forearm swells up, and she slumps forward, breathing heavily and seeming physically very ill. He chuckles nastily, deciding to milk her misery for all it's worth, and lowers his head, eyes closed tight. He begins to clear his mind of all thought, and focus all the energy in his body to his neck-head. His horns glow rightly with a brilliant white light, and his legs begin carrying him towards his opponent. Amaturasu, still busy feeling like crap, looks up just in time to see a glowing Girafarig head rushing down to greet her. Instinctively she raises her swollen poisoned arm to block the blow... big mistake. A blinding rush of pain sears the Riolu's flesh as her opponent's head strikes her tender appendage with a mighty thwack, knocking her to the ground with a faint yelp. She gets up, shuddering, suffering pain that would disable any other Pokémon; but her focus on the battle cuts out all that, and she concentrates instead on the important issue of teaching that Girafarig who the fudge he's messing with. Gathering another sickening pool of venom in her mouth, Amaturasu hurls it all over Shawn before his neck-head can retreat, and Shawn backs off with a whinny of pain and disgust as the toxins sear his flesh and make their way into his bloodstream. Amaturasu slumps to the ground, now realising the tremendous pain in her arm, and finally gets round to being crippled with agony. She barely manages a twitch as the sandstorm flares up to again scratch the battlers' flesh to pieces.

By now, Shawn feels full-on evil. This Riolu does not belong on a field of battle; two actions into this round and she's already been reduced to a quivering wreck. He begins to trot away arrogantly just as Amaturasu stirs and eases herself to her knees. She looks up to see tail-head staring intently into her eyes, and as soon as it realises she's looking tail-head fires off a psychedelic beam of thousands of bright, garish colours. The beam hits Amaturasu's eyes, treating her to a kaleidoscope of beautiful flashing lights. However, when the beam stops, the light show in Amaturasu's eyes doesn't, like there's some sort of disco going on in her optic nerve. The clouding of light blocks out even the blinding sunlight of the deserty landscape, and Amaturasu can barely drag herself away from the beautiful display of colours/ But drag she must; for there are giraffes out there to beat up. Shaking her head vigorously, she manages to banish the intrusive hallucinations long enough to charge at Shawn, fangs bared, and leap up to plant a savage omnomnom on his neck. Shawn snorts in agony and thrashes his neck-head every which way, trying to get Amaturasu off him before he catches rabies or something as well. The Riolu clings on for dear life, eventually succumbing once again to the hallucinogenic effects of the Confuse Ray and letting her fangs slip from Shawn's neck, plopping softly onto the sand below her. For the final time, the sand picks up once more, blasting through the air and tearing at everything nearby, before vanishing suddenly along with the entire desert. Amaturasu's private eye-disco flickers away for a moment as poison grips her system, along with Shawn's, and as the two momentarily flinch in pain, Amaturasu wonders where on earth the desert went, and where the trainers got those pens all of a sudden...

Wuffles (XO)
447-fPurple-1.png

Health: 80%
Energy: 82%
Status: "dewwwwwwwd, check out the colours maaaaan. they're like talking to me." Badly poisoned (3%; 4% next round), confused (severe)
Toxic ~ Toxic ~ Crunch

M'colleague (XO)
girafarig
Shawn (M) <Early Bird>
Health: 84%
Energy: 79%
Status: Both beginning to get slightly wary of Amaturasu. Badly poisoned (3%; 4% next round)
Magic Coat~Zen Headbutt~Confuse Ray

Terrain Notes
Arena for this round: Desert; weather set to Sunny Day and Sandstorm for the duration of the round. Water attacks use up 2% more energy and inflict 2% less damage.

Final Notes
- as the reffing suggests, Amaturasu would have flinched if not for her ability.
- the roll for confusion was incredibly close (51) on the final action, but Amaturasu avoided it.
- you both have two pens now, use 'em wisely. (Or foolishly, the hell do I care)
- Amaturasu needs to learn to say no
- m'colleague go

Last edited:
dohohoho

well considering everything works our way, let's open with a Counter. Silly giraffe.
As for that pineapple thing? Well, we don't want to be catching, NOR eating that thing.. So here's the most poorly drawn sporting implement in the world alongside the most poorly drawn Riolu. You know what to do, RETURNZEFIYAH!!

And finally, since we'll hit the damage cap fo sho if that counter goes off, end with a Crunch and go for a defence gimp. Of course, if you derp'd yourself in confusion first turn, use Counter this turn instead.

Counter ~ RETURN FIYAH ~ Crunch / Counter

2vs2 single

Round Nine
Wuffles (XO)
447-fPurple-1.png

Health: 80%
Energy: 82%
Status: "dewwwwwwwd, check out the colours maaaaan. they're like talking to me." Badly poisoned (3%; 4% next round), confused (severe)
Counter ~ RETURN FIYAH ~ Crunch / Counter

M'colleague (XO)
girafarig
Shawn (M) <Early Bird>
Health: 84%
Energy: 79%
Status: Both beginning to get slightly wary of Amaturasu. Badly poisoned (3%; 4% next round)
Facade~pimping pineapple~Facade

The referee prises off his pen-cap thoughtfully, hit by a sudden pang of artist's block and unable to decide on what arena to draw next. He decides to experiment by simply returning the cap to the pen immediately, resulting in no arena whatsoever; simply the blank white void that fills the area between rounds. The trainers turn and yell abuse at him for his unimaginativeness, while the referee waits to examine what happens in a battle fought in nowhere.
(Arena)

Also appalled at this shabby excuse for and arena, Shawn looks bemusedly around the arena. Absolutely nothing for miles around, save the participants of the battle. Despite the ability to view incredibly far, nobody concerned can make out a horizon anywhere in the vicinity; the area is simply a massive expanse of white, going on forever. Somewhat unnerved by this realisation, Shawn trots timidly towards Amaturasu; the Riolu watches his movements carefully, preparing to react to whatever he throws at her. Her guard drops slightly as she notices he's shuffling rather pathetically, coughing and groaning from the poison working its way into his system. Amaturasu's not feeling too chipper herself, but Shawn seems to be really suffering. She hesitates, and in that brief window of time Shawn rushes forward and slams Ammy on the head with his hoof. The Riolu lets out a brief yelp as she is smashed to the ground by the powerful kick, but quickly gets back in the game and grabs Shawn's hoof from underneath him, pulling it off her and leaping to her feet, with sufficient force to send the Girafarig spinning end-over-end in the air and crashing down onto the floor.

Writhing madly, Shawn manages to climb back onto his feet, and after checking tail-head is alright, turns round to find his trainer madly scrawling on the ground with one of her magical pens. After sketching a largeish oval topped with many spiky protrusions, covered with massive curly spikes, Typh gives her floofyears a flap and pops the cap of the pen back on. As she does so, the pen vanishes into thin air, and a pineapple eases its way out of the floor on the spot where the doodle was, and for some inexplicable reason, the fruit is on fire. Shawn eyes it with alarm and confusion, hoping to God he's not expected to eat this flambéed monstrosity. While all that's going on, Dwagie is busy at work with her pen as well, absent-mindedly scrawling something on the ground, a long, stiff, rounded something. The referee gets wise to her shenanigans and begins storming towards her, but before he can confiscate the pen, she abandons her dongoid scrawling and hurriedly transforms it into a less pornographic shape. Scowling, the ref stomps back to his corner, shooting warning glances at Dwagie. Exhaling in relief, Dwagie pushes the cap back onto her pen, prompting it to vanish, and a largish wooden baseball bat to appear from the ground. Ammy takes it, giving it a testing swing and cracking a huge grin across her face. Yay, weaponry! She can, like, break stuff! And she'd like very much to start with that Girafarig's neck... but her commands were, like, "return fiyah" or something, so she can't. As she wonders what that means, Shawn gives the pineapple a cautious hoof-nudge, before cracking a devious grin of his own and giving it a hard kick Ammy-wards. The Riolu raises her bat as she sees the blazing fruit whistling through the air towards her, but as she goes to knock the projectile back towards its kicker another psychedelic light show blasts her retinas. Horribly disoriented, she squeals and swings the bat far too early, hard enough to pivot round and smack herself upside the noggin, immediately afterwards being met by a flaming bromeliad bomb, which bursts on her head and showers her with scalding juice, pulp, and most painfully, a good deal of flame.

Enraged by her failure to act, and by Shawn's loud and obnoxious guffawing (from both heads) at her misfortune, Ammy climbs furiously to her feet, the psychotropic bursts of light beginning to fade from her vision. Shaking her head to clear the flashing, Ammy fixes her gaze once more on Shawn to discover yet another behavioural change in the Girafarig; both heads are drooping, their laughter seemingly extinguished by the deadly poison they are both labouring under. The Riolu tosses her head back victoriously; that'll show that stupid giraffe to be so arrogan- uh oh. Again in a split second of inaction, Shawn has raced up to her, about to plant a hoof on her face. Ammy yelps as Shawn stomps viciously on her head with feigned-absent strength. e trots away, and Ammy rubs her sore head miserably, and then her stomach, which suddenly feels very empty. The lights are back, and Ammy has the most terrible case of the munchies... she holds up her hand, inspecting the bright yellow hot-dog as it flashes through all number of garish neon colours. Well, she doesn't like how it's grinning at her, but boy she's hungry, so down the hatch with it. She consumes the 'dog with one mighty Crunch, and as she swallows in satisfaction, the lights turn off again to reveal her own paw in her mouth, her teeth sunk quite deep into the flesh. She pulls her hand out in shock and stares at the self inflicted bite wound. Man, how high do you have to even be? At least she didn't feel any pain, bizarrely, she thinks as she inspects the bloody punctures. Nor does she feel any pain as Shawn's body locks up in agony as the toxic venom hits his system once more, causing him to twitch and groan. Ammy puts her head in her hands, wondering what that giraffe has done to her freakin' body.

Wuffles (XO)
447-fPurple-1.png

Health: 40% (CAPPED)
Energy: 57%
Status: on one REALLY bad trip. Badly poisoned (4%; 5% next round), confused (moderate)
Counter ~ RETURN FIYAH ~ Crunch

M'colleague (XO)
girafarig
Shawn (M) <Early Bird>
Health: 46%
Status: "WE WARNED YOU ABOUT THE BAT BRO". Badly poisoned (4%; 5% next round)
Facade~pimping pineapple~Facade

Terrain Notes
Arena for this round: Nowhere; no additional effects.

Final Notes
- the crit roll for Facade was 8. So close to ridiculous overkill, and yet so far.
- the pineapple was considered an 8%-power fire-type physical attack.
- Ammy was fully confused on actions 2 and 3.
- the second Facade made her hit the cap.
- Wuffles go

ffffgffsagnoanagkgabsd confusion paralysis freeze alwaaaaays

WELL IT'S OKAY
I'M GOING TO ABUSE MY PEN TO THE EXTREME
READY FOR THIS?

HUZZAH

Whatcha do NOW... head butt?

Oh and as for Ammy.. sleep it off Nyoro~N :3

Rest easy young queen ~ Rest ~ Rest / Chill

(dear gods im so cheap but it was so tempting-- )

Round Ten
Wuffles (XO)
447-fPurple-1.png

Health: 40%
Energy: 57%
Status: on one REALLY bad trip. Badly poisoned (4%; 5% next round), confused (moderate)
Rest easy young queen ~ Rest ~ Rest / Chill

M'colleague (XO)
girafarig
Shawn (M) <Early Bird>
Health: 46%
Status: "WE WARNED YOU ABOUT THE BAT BRO". Badly poisoned (4%; 5% next round)
Chill~Chill~Rest brotha' (did i just say that)

The ref brainstorms his next arena idea carefully, attempting to come up with a design that would appease the battlers' lust for arenas that actually do something with his complete laziness. Scurrying to the centre of the blank canvas, he quickly scribbles a huge "x10" and returns smugly to his place. The battlers look bemusedly at the mark; even with the cap returned to the pen it remains totally uninteresting. They turn to the ref and scowl, while the referee leans back on his pen with a knowing grin.
(Arena)

Furiously, Dwagie rips her own pen lid off and charges across the arena, scribbling furiously on the ground to form a 2D representation of an enormous structure surrounded by a vast area of squiggles, with Ammy in the middle of the whole thing. The whole masterpiece takes about ten minutes to complete, during which time Shawn takes the opportunity to ignore the battle and rest. When an exhausted Dwagie finally re-caps her pen, the drawing shoots up from the ground into an enormous castle, while the band of shading encircling it turns into a wide expanse of water, uncrossable by even the best jumper, and judging by the crocodile that pokes its head sinisterly above the surface, most swimmers too. Dwagie peers down from the turret she is standing on, panting profusely, and jeers down at the ref; THIS is how you draw!!

Ammy peers around her new lodgings; fairly safe and cosy in here, she thinks, looking around at the thick, impenetrable stone walls and the vast portion of a zero that the castle boundaries cut off. Checking first for any crocodile-flaps the fortress may be fitted with, Ammy decides to get a little shuteye as long as she's holed up safely in here, and yawns, stretches, and curls up tight on the ground, dropping off to sleep in no time at all. Meanwhile, Shawn, despite his lack of fancy-schmancy castles to sleep in, is still taking a mid-battle siesta, slowly regenerating his energy ready for later rounds.

His energy restored considerably, the Girafarig is roused from his nap by the reverberating snores of the Riolu asleep in the castle. Twitching uncomfortably, he opens one eye and snorts toward Ammy's pad, then lies his head on the ground and shuts both eyes tight, reluctant to move. Typh wanders up and pokes him several times with her foot, but both of Shawn's heads are dead to the world, in a deep slumber just like Ammy. As the two doze away, the large "x10" disappears, and Dwagie sneers down at the clear slate in contempt of the referee's poor imagination. Suddenly, a realisation dawns on her, and she runs for the castle stairwell much too late to escape; the castle vanishes into thin air, moat reptiles and all, and the Riolu lands with a crash on the blank ground beneath.

Wuffles (XO)
447-fPurple-1.png

Energy: 27%
Rest easy young queen ~ Rest ~ Rest

M'colleague (XO)
girafarig
Shawn (M) <Early Bird>
Energy: 56%
Chill~Chill~Rest brotha' (did i just say that)

Terrain Notes
- Arena for this round: x10 Field; the damage of all attacks is multiplied by 10 after all modifiers are applied.

Final Notes
- why yes I did make that arena just to screw with you :3
- well that was uneventful anyway.
- Shawn will wake up 1 action earlier than usual due to Early Bird.
- both Pokémon are healed of poison, and Ammy is no longer confused.
- M'colleague go

Excuse me while I get an ice pack for my bleeding forehead, who knew bricks were sharp?

Um. Snore on first action. Then Double Kick twice, unless Ammy uses Counter. Then you should Chill once and send a Thunder Wave her way.

Snore~Double Kick/Chill~Double Kick/Thunder Wave

WELP.

...hng can't keep track of things lately.

AMMY BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF 'IM.... IN YOUR DREAMS, YOU'RE SLEEPING, SO RELAX AND CHILL WHILE YOU'RE UH.. BUSY WITH THAT.
Okay and then channel what you learned in The Redrunkening recently and yak all over him cause I'm a poison who-er.
Then bite him again. Hard n' stuff. Yeah.

Chill ~ Toxic ~ Crunch

Round Eleven
Wuffles (XO)
447-fPurple-1.png

Energy: 27%
Chill ~ Toxic ~ Crunch

M'colleague (XO)
girafarig
Shawn (M) <Early Bird>
Energy: 56%
Snore~Double Kick/Chill~Double Kick/Thunder Wave

Feeling slightly bad about producing two utterly boring arenas in a row, the referee decides to at least try to put effort into this next one. Drawing a huge oval around everyone's positions, he then runs to the corner and begins laboriously drawing a detailed figure, which when he's finished resembles a curled-up Ursaring. When the pen is re-capped, the arena fills with colour to reveal that it in fact is an Ursaring, curled up and deeply sleeping in what has become a dim cave. The Pokémon seems to be rather angry, presumably having an infuriating dream. It's lucky the battlers are both asleep, because disturbing it may not be the best idea.
(Arena)
(Fuck whatever version of Paint I have and all its blurry-edged brushes >:l)

The round's events get off to a roaring start as each Pokémon lies on the floor, still deeply asleep. While Ammy's sleep is serene and quiet as she rests peacefully, Shawn's seems rather more fitful as he fidgets and snorts, rolling over several times before each of his heads break out into an ear-splittingly loud series of snores. They grow louder and louder each time, until eventually the two's snoring becomes so loud it wakes Ammy up with a start, and the surprised but groggy Riolu leaps clumsily to her feet only to fall flat on her face with a thud. Neck-head's snores eventually also wake up Shawn's tail; the head at that end patiently puts up with the racket before getting annoyed and savagely biting Shawn's hindquarters, and the head at the other end snorts and awakens at last. Unfortunately, a third thing is also woken up by the snoring; the Ursaring in the corner. Standing up sluggishly and wiping the gunk from his eyes, he scans the cave for whatever dared awaken him. Too sleepy to care which of the two Pokémon it was, he decides to take it out on them both, rushing forward with a horrifying bellow and his claws held high. The two Pokémon are rooted to the spot by terror as the bear lumbers forth and deals each of them a savage slash with his enormous claws, grunts furiously, and ambles back to his sleeping spot to get some more shut-eye.

Nothing like a bear attack to wake you right up. A traumatised Shawn trots forth after nursing his wounds a little, taking care to make as little noise as possible with his hooves, and making sure the Ursaring is still fast asleep, raises himself on his back legs and kicks Ammy twice in the stomach. The Riolu falls back, winded, and climbs to her feet spluttering for breath. The coughing brings up a clump of purple ooze which sprays across Shawn's front, burning through his skin and into his bloodstream. Both heads let out a whine of pain, which they cut short as they hear the Ursaring in the corner roll over.

A horrible sick feeling washes over Shawn's body as the poison flows through his system, and he takes a few shaky, painful steps forward to attack Ammy again. He lifts one leg and smashes his hoof into her face, then lifts the other and stomps hard on the back of her head as she slumps to the floor in pain. Growling, Ammy ignores the pain and immediately pushes herself to her feet and lunges forward, fangs bared. With a snarl, she sinks them into Shawn's neck and bites down hard, causing the giraffe to let out a shriek of agony as the fangs rip into a weak spot in his neck. Ammy chews viciously as Shawn screams blue murder and desperately tries to fling the Riolu off before she tears his throat out. Both Pokémon's blood runs cold as they hear a familiar roar from the corner; they look round to see that the Ursaring has awoken again, and is rushing towards them with a murderous look in his eyes. However, as he approaches the colour drains from his body as the cave around him begins to disintegrate, before the entire arena returns to the same old blank canvas. A pen appears suddenly in each trainer's hand as Ammy drops off Shawn's neck at last.

Wuffles (XO)
447-fPurple-1.png

Health: 74%
Energy: 31%
Chill ~ Toxic ~ Crunch

M'colleague (XO)
girafarig
Shawn (M) <Early Bird>
Health: 70%
Energy: 46%
Status: feeling really poorly. Badly poisoned (3% damage this round; 4% next round)
Snore ~ Double Kick ~ Double Kick

Terrain Notes
Arena for this round: Ursaring Cave; loud noises will cause an Ursaring to attack both battlers with Slash.

Final Notes
- late reffing ftl OTL
- Crunch was critical.
- Wuffles go

Back
Top Bottom