• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Well. MORE over-the-top Riolus? Let's finish up Katsu~
I wonder if I count as obsessed yet.
This ones a tad.. complicated, kekeke~ This is one of a set, Ammy's will be coming up soon enough~

--Just a note, I edited the Drive gains; I've been reconsidering the amounts I entered, and even in trying to keep it balanced, the old amounts were kind of.. absurd.
Consider this - At the original rates, if Katsu 100% KO'd a Pokémon, he would rack up a total of.. 25% Drive.
Now, let's consider he takes 95% damage during this - he's at only 5% HP... He's gained 20% Drive from damages, he's at 45%.
Considering this, he would have to have used Protect/Detect or dodged 2 times, or possibly once and inflicted a status effect, to even reach 50 period.
Essentially, I wanted these moves to be limited - but it would have just been crippling. Under the new rates, a 100% KO would give Katsu enough for a single Distortion, which seems fair enough. Adding in the other factors, it should make them usable sooner, and thus not leave the move crippled.
There are still points to address, so I hope this looks acceptable otherwise.

katsu2.png

[Katsubousha] Riolu (Male)
<Inner Focus / Bad Dreams>
Signature Attribute: Ghost Hotel

Signature Move: Distortion Drive
Most Pokémon, and their trainers alike, know battles can be intense ordeals - tension building and energies flowing as both competitors fight against the own will and fatigue as much as their opponent's efforts. What most don't know, however, is that those energies are more than just a euphemism for the chemical cocktail of adrenalines released under tense circumstances.
Katsubousha's family, in particular, seems to be adept at gathering and harnessing this energy - building up tension and drive until the point where their bodies are so overflowing with arcane power they can achieve feats which distort the fabric of space itself. Oh course, doing so is highly draining - and cannot simply be done at will, but rather must be built up in the fast-paced atmosphere of combat.
Pokémon with the ability to harness this energy gain an additional innate 'Drive Gauge' alongside their Health and Energy. This gauge always starts at 0% whenever they are sent out, and will slowly charge over time based on offensive and defensive actions. Drive caps at 100%, and will grant a 1% Damage bonus at 50%, and a 2% Damage bonus at 100% - After all other calculations are applied. Drive is gained by the following:

- Every 2% damage to Health OR Energy Katsu inflicts, he will gain 1% Drive. Bad Dreams damage DOES apply, and effects are cumulative; For example, if Katsu deals 1% Damage on action 1, and 3% Damage on action 2, he will gain 2% total Drive.
- Every 4% damage to Health Katsu receives, he will gain 1% Drive. Effects are cumulative.
- For successfully inflicting a status effect, Katsu will gain 2% Drive. Additional Drive is NOT gained for damage done by the status itself.
- When Katsu successfully blocks (Protect, Detect-) or evades an attack, he gains 2% Drive.
- When Katsu is inflicted with a status effect, he gains 2% Drive.

In addition to the damage bonuses, building Drive will unlock new moves, in which Katsu's spirits can unleash their combined ethereal power in concentrated bursts by tapping into the Drive of their host. Each of these moves, or 'Distortion Drives', consumes 50% of the Drive Metre. They may only be used when at least 50% is available, and damage bonuses are cancelled when dropping below their respective rates. Katsu has two Drives available:

Jayoku Houtenjin: Katsu's physical form is dragged into the spiritual realm if only for a moment, causing him to vanish completely - after which he appears behind his opponent delivering a fierce upwards kick infused with ethereal power capable of bending the laws of gravity themselves. By the nature which Katsu vanishes, this attack is unavoidable. Although the strike damage is rather weak, Katsu's target is flung high into the air (Roughly 10~12 metres).
- Deals an initial 4% Ghost-typed damage. Normal-types will avoid this damage, however still be sent flying. Target is sent high into the air, causing them to be considered 'Flying' during their next action - in which they cannot take any physical melee actions unless their species is capable of flight on their own. Upon landing, if the target is incapable of making a soft landing, they will take an additional 6% Untyped damage upon landing at the end of their next turn.
- This attack causes the Flinch effect at a 30% chance.

Mizuchi Rekkazan: Katsu extends his energies and bends the fabric of space around his opponent, causing them to become trapped and immobile for a moment. From here, he extends his psychokinetic powers to drag his opponent closeby, where he immediately starts a combo attack - first striking at a frightening speed with a flurry of strikes, and finishes by bombarding his opponent with an array of his spirits.
- This attack deals two hits, the first Fighting-typed for 7% damage, the second Ghost-typed for 7% damage; weaknesses and resistances apply, however each strike will deal a minimum of 1% damage, even to immune targets.
- This attack immediately closes distance between Katsu and his opponent - and can be used to pull them out of unreachable states, such as Dig, Fly, or Bounce.
- This attack CAN be protected against, or avoided due to evasion modifiers or similar miss-inducing situations.

Type: Ghost / Stat: Offensive / Base Damage: Varies / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single Opponent / Energy: 15% / Duration: N/A

Effects:
- Katsu gains an innate 'Drive Gauge' which starts at 0%, and builds up over time based on combat actions. (See above)
- When the Drive Gauge is at 50%, Katsu gains a 1% damage bonus. When at 100%, a 2% damage bonus.
- Katsu's two different special moves can be used by consuming 50% of the Drive Gauge. (Per use) Each has a significant effect, and also costs 15% energy.

Last edited:

This ones a tad.. complicated, kekeke~ This is one of a set, Ammy's will be coming up soon enough~

katsu2.png

Most Pokémon, and their trainers alike, know battles can be intense ordeals - tension building and energies flowing as both competitors fight against the own will and fatigue as much as their opponent's efforts. What most don't know, however, is that those energies are more than just a euphemism for the chemical cocktail of adrenalines released under tense circumstances.
Katsubousha's familiy, in particular, seems to be adept at gathering and harnessing this energy - building up tension and drive until the point where their bodies are so overflowing with arcane power they can achieve feats which distort the fabric of space itself. Oh course, doing so is highly draining - and cannot simply be done at will, but rather must be built up in the fast-paced atmosphere of combat.
Pokémon with the ability to harness this energy gain an additional innate 'Drive Guage' alongside their Health and Energy. This guage always starts at 0% whenever they are sent out, and will slowly charge over time based on offensive and defensive actions. Drive caps at 100%, and will grant a 1% Damage bonus at 50%, and a 2% Damage bonus at 100% - After all other calculations are applied. Drive is gained by the following:

- Every 4% damage to Health OR Energy Katsu inflicts, he will gain 1% Drive. Bad Dreams damage DOES apply, and effects are cumilative; For example, if Katsu deals 3% Damage on action 1, and 5% Damage on action 2, he will gain 2% total Drive.
- Every 5% damage to Health Katsu recieves, he will gain 1% Drive. Effects are cumilative.
- For successfully inflicting a status effect, Katsu will gain 1% Drive. Additional Drive is NOT gained for damage done by the status itself.
- When Katsu successfully blocks (Protect, Detect-) or evades an attack, he gains 2% Drive.

In addition to the damage bonuses, building Drive will unlock new moves, in which Katsu's spirits can unleash their combined ethereal power in concentrated bursts by tapping into the Drive of their host. Each of these moves, or 'Distortion Drives', consumes 50% of the Drive Metre. They may only be used when at least 50% is available, and damage bonuses are cancelled when dropping below their respective rates. Katsu has two Drives available:

Jayoku Houtenjin: Katsu's physical form is dragged into the spiritual realm if only for a moment, causing him to vanish completely - after which he appears behind his opponent delivering a fierce upwards kick infused with ethereal power capable of bending the laws of gravity themselves. By the nature which Katsu vanishes, this attack is unavoidable. Although the strike damage is rather weak, Katsu's target is flung high into the air (Roughly 10~12 metres).
- Deals an initial 4% Ghost-typed damage. Normal-types will avoid this damage, however still be sent flying. Target is sent high into the air, causing them to be considered 'Flying' during their next action - in which they cannot take any physical melee actions unless their species is capable of flight on their own. Upon landing, if the target is incapable of making a soft landing, they will take an additional 6% Untyped damage upon landing at the end of their next turn.

Mizuchi Rekkazan: Katsu extends his energies and bends the fabric of space around his opponent, causing them to become trapped and immobile for a moment. From here, he extends his psychokinetic powers to drag his opponent closeby, where he immedietely starts a combo attack - first striking at a fightening speed with a flurry of strikes, and finishes by bombarding his opponent with an array of his spirits.
- This attack deals two hits, the first Fighting-typed for 7% damage, the second Ghost-typed for 7% damage; weaknesses and resistances apply, however each strike will deal a minimum of 1% damage, even to immune targets.
- This attack immedietely closes distance between Katsu and his opponent - and can be used to pull them out of unreachable states, such as Dig, Fly, or Bounce.
- This attack CAN be protected against, or avoided due to evasion modifiers or similar miss-inducing situations.

Type: Ghost / Stat: Offensive / Base Damage: Varies / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single Opponent / Energy: 15% / Duration: N/A

Effects:
- Katsu gains an innate 'Drive Guage' which starts at 0%, and builds up over time based on combat actions. (See above)
- When the Drive Guage is at 50%, Katsu gains a 1% damage bonus. When at 100%, a 2% damage bonus.
- Two different special moves can be used by consuming 50% of the Drive Guage. (Per use) Each has a significant effect, and also costs 15% energy.

Do I spy Blazblue? Yes I do~
Okay. This seems quite... iffy for a signature move. Firstly, as I was reading through the first portion, it seemed like an attribute to me, as it doesn't take an action to activate. Sure, the attacks themselves do, but the Drive Gauge also has the added effect of dealing more damage when it hits a certain percentage, so I think that'd be more like an attribute.
Secondly, this seems like two signature moves, not one, as each has vastly different effects. If you narrowed it down to one (perhaps with an optional follow-up like Tager? I'm not sure if that'd be okay), then that'd be fine, but you still have issue #1 to solve.

Do I spy Blazblue? Yes I do~
Okay. This seems quite... iffy for a signature move. Firstly, as I was reading through the first portion, it seemed like an attribute to me, as it doesn't take an action to activate. Sure, the attacks themselves do, but the Drive Gauge also has the added effect of dealing more damage when it hits a certain percentage, so I think that'd be more like an attribute.
Secondly, this seems like two signature moves, not one, as each has vastly different effects. If you narrowed it down to one (perhaps with an optional follow-up like Tager? I'm not sure if that'd be okay), then that'd be fine, but you still have issue #1 to solve.

...You play BlazBlue? o: Holy- I didn't think anyone would even get all my references. :'D Bonus points for naming the character the distortions are based off~
- Anyway, that seems to be the consensus. It is a bit of a mix, but the point behind this was a.. multifunctional utility move, really - noting that both drives have different uses. I gave the damage bonus as a counterpoint to both the time it takes to charge, and the advantages versus disadvantages of using up a Drive or keeping the bonus. I -guess- that's attribute-like, but in the end it's meant as a complicated catalyst for the move itself. Should I simply drop the damage bonus, though? Or make it have to be activated first? (Albeit, that basically ends up only costing an action since I'd do it immediately.. It's really not favourable to me.)
I also understand where you're coming from.. but I'd really rather not drop either of the moves.. I figured since they could only be used -probably- once a match, on average, twice on occasion, the adaptability was counteracted. The move as a whole comes down to a late-game situational utility or panic switch, in addition to eating up a pretty obscene chunk of energy. Heck I planned to base Ammy off Ragna, and he has three drives. D; So I guess I have to just offer the counterpoint that most likely, even though he has access to two, he probably won't get to use both.

Ready for another over the top Riolu? So am I. 8D

Ammy.png

[Amaturasu] Riolu (Female)
<Inner Focus>

Signature Attribute: Fight Stance

- At a very early age, Amaturasu was involved in an incident which ultimately led to her dominant arm being torn off - and although modern-day prosthetics were available to compensate, she refused to use one. Given her position and lifestyle, this normally would come as a major handicap if she were unable to adapt - but as it goes, from adversity came adaptability in spades.
With only her off-hand remaining, Ammy developed a style focused entirely on kicks - and although she loses the capability for some moves, she is adept at using numerous traditionally hand-strikes with her feet instead. Most of these moves she refers to properly with a 'Kick' suffix (Such as Ice Punch -> Ice Kick) though in the end the names are merely a cosmetic tweak.

What gives Ammy an edge, however, is her ability to swap between multiple fighting stances to better suit her situation - after having to fight through a wide range of foes and situations, she developed over time for herself multiple stances which can immediately attune her body to a new fighting style. Doing so mid-combat can be risky, however, and if attacked she must take a moment to re-adapt to countering her opponent on the fly.
The stances she can use are as follows:

'Kyorugi Joombi': ('Fighting Stance') - The basic stance, named after its counterpart in the TaeKwonDo dicipline. This stance is the default Amaturasu will take at the start of a match unless commanded otherwise, and imparts no modifiers.

Chagi: ('Kick / Kickstance') - An offensive stance which places emphasis on dealing damage and adjusts weight ratio to better deliver heavier blows. Of course, this has the cost of causing moves to become more physically exerting, as well as leaving her more open to counter-hits.
Grants a 1.5x damage modifier to Kicking moves. All moves (Damage-mod affected or not) will take 3% more energy. Sets Defence and Special Defence at -3.
Moves Affected: 'Force Kick', Low Kick, Hi Jump Kick, 'Focus Kick', Brick Break, 'Shadow Kick', 'Drain Kick', 'Ice Kick', 'Thunderkick', Blaze Kick.

Makgi: ('Block / Blockstance') A low, sturdy stance which focuses on absorbing damage instead of dealing it. It is, however, physically exerting to continuously block strikes as such, and her own counter-attacks will be far weaker than in a more offensive stance.
Sets Defence and Special Defence at +3, sets Attack and Special Attack at -3. Attacks striking Amaturasu will cost her energy equal to 1/4 the total damage. (In percents)

Esquiva: ('Escape / Dodge') More of a style than a literal stance, with this form Ammy focuses on escaping damage and moving quickly with complex manoeuvres of her upper body and head. This form is highly exerting, however, and her offence and defence will both suffer penalties.
Sets Evasion at +3, sets Speed at +2. Evasion cannot be raised any further via Double Team or Baton Pass, and the Esquiva stance will override any existing Evasion modifiers. Sets Attack, Defence, Special Attack and Special Defence at -3. Costs additional 2% energy per turn to upkeep.

Effects: Allows Amaturasu to change fighting stances mid-fight to alter her style. Effects of each style are listed above. Switching costs 3% energy.
- Styles can be switched as a free action if Amaturasu is not attacked the turn she swaps. If she is attacked, that entire turn is used as a 'Swap' action and costs an additional 2% energy.
- Changes made by styles are applied with 'switch priority' and so will always be applied BEFORE the turn starts. For instance, if Ammy switches to her block stance the same turn an opponent uses Quick Attack, she will still recieve the +3 Defence bonus in defending against it.
-- The move Sucker Punch WILL affect Amaturasu on turns where she is swapping, and will invoke the swap penalty. It will also bypass all stat changes in this case.

Moveset Alterations:
- Cross Chop, Bullet Punch, Sky Uppercut, Fury Cutter, Dig

-----------------------------------------

Also, Lars, to clarify -

Does this account for STAB? For instance a Shadow Ball from a Ghost-type would count as 120 BP after the modifier, it would be good to specify that.
Too powerful and trying to do too much. Pick a stance you like and stick with that for your attribute, or possibly just have Amaturasu be able to switch into/out of it and the "normal" stance.

As an aside, an attack's base power is always its unmodified power as you would find it in the Attack Guide or an online pokédex. Thus, there's a difference between saying "X happens if Y is struck by an attack with base power 100 or greater" and "X happens if Y is struck by an attack that does 10% or more damage."

[Phoebe] Feebas [F]
Ability: Swift Swim
Signature Attribute: Hails From the Frigid Northlands

Phoebe was born and raised in a very chilly and barren part of Asber, in a small lake that just barely managed to stay unfrozen for some of the year. Thus, her particular school of Feebas became very resistant to cold, and in a few generations, a few of them, like Phoebe, embraced fully their latent Ice-type abilities.

Effects: Phoebe is considered a Water/Ice type. Furthermore, in overly warm and tropical environments, or during Sunny Day, she loses 2% energy per action to keep herself from overheating. Phoebe is immune to Freezing but is dealt double-damage from a Burn.
Approved.

--Just a note, I edited the Drive gains; I've been reconsidering the amounts I entered, and even in trying to keep it balanced, the old amounts were kind of.. absurd.
Consider this - At the original rates, if Katsu 100% KO'd a Pokémon, he would rack up a total of.. 25% Drive.
Now, let's consider he takes 95% damage during this - he's at only 5% HP... He's gained 20% Drive from damages, he's at 45%.
Considering this, he would have to have used Protect/Detect or dodged 2 times, or possibly once and inflicted a status effect, to even reach 50 period.
Essentially, I wanted these moves to be limited - but it would have just been crippling. Under the new rates, a 100% KO would give Katsu enough for a single Distortion, which seems fair enough. Adding in the other factors, it should make them usable sooner, and thus not leave the move crippled.
There are still points to address, so I hope this looks acceptable otherwise.

katsu2.png

Katsubousha's family, in particular, seems to be adept at gathering and harnessing this energy - building up tension and drive until the point where their bodies are so overflowing with arcane power they can achieve feats which distort the fabric of space itself. Oh course, doing so is highly draining - and cannot simply be done at will, but rather must be built up in the fast-paced atmosphere of combat.
Pokémon with the ability to harness this energy gain an additional innate 'Drive Gauge' alongside their Health and Energy. This gauge always starts at 0% whenever they are sent out, and will slowly charge over time based on offensive and defensive actions. Drive caps at 100%, and will grant a 1% Damage bonus at 50%, and a 2% Damage bonus at 100% - After all other calculations are applied. Drive is gained by the following:

- Every 2% damage to Health OR Energy Katsu inflicts, he will gain 1% Drive. Bad Dreams damage DOES apply, and effects are cumulative; For example, if Katsu deals 1% Damage on action 1, and 3% Damage on action 2, he will gain 2% total Drive.
- Every 4% damage to Health Katsu receives, he will gain 1% Drive. Effects are cumulative.
- For successfully inflicting a status effect, Katsu will gain 2% Drive. Additional Drive is NOT gained for damage done by the status itself.

Mizuchi Rekkazan: Katsu extends his energies and bends the fabric of space around his opponent, causing them to become trapped and immobile for a moment. From here, he extends his psychokinetic powers to drag his opponent closeby, where he immediately starts a combo attack - first striking at a frightening speed with a flurry of strikes, and finishes by bombarding his opponent with an array of his spirits.
- This attack immediately closes distance between Katsu and his opponent - and can be used to pull them out of unreachable states, such as Dig, Fly, or Bounce.

Effects:
- Katsu gains an innate 'Drive Gauge' which starts at 0%, and builds up over time based on combat actions. (See above)
- When the Drive Gauge is at 50%, Katsu gains a 1% damage bonus. When at 100%, a 2% damage bonus.
- Katsu's two different special moves can be used by consuming 50% of the Drive Gauge. (Per use) Each has a significant effect, and also costs 15% energy.
What blazheirio889 said is correct; everything having to do with the drive gauge is a signature attribute. Additionally, I try to avoid approving mods that look as though they would be hellacious for a referee to deal with, and unfortunately your current conception of the Drive Gauge looks that way. It would be easier to make gauge increase constant or more simply related to what happens in battle.

With the drive gauge as an attribute your could have one (ONE) of the proposed signature moves, simply with the restriction "can only be used if Katsubousha's drive gauge is full."

Sig attribute time.

[Venena] Spinarak (f)
Ability: Insomnia
Sig Attribute: Toxin Heritage

Venena comes from a clan of Spinarak and Ariados that lived deep in the forests of Asber. Her clans ancestors believed that they needn't the fuss of waiting for Poison to take effect, so they developed a more powerful toxin in thier bodies than most Ariados do.

Over time, the clan grew more, and needed constant defending. They decided that to be ready for any occasion in the future, they trained a group of children from birth to keep poison on their mandibles and stingers, so they would be ready for any dangerous situation, and could defend the tribe. Venena was one of these children. However, it took more energy to upkeep the production of poison.

Effects: Venena has a potent poison on her mandibles and stinger, so any moves that involve these will have a 25% chance of poisoning the opponent.

Moves affected: Bug Bite, Pin Missile, Leech Life.

Any moves that normally have a chance of poisoning the opponent, will instead Toxic Poison the opponent, with the same chance of effect.

Moves Affected: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Poison Sting

However, due to strain on her body to keep producing the poison, she will lose an extra 2% energy at the end of each round.

-----------------

Psymon do good?

Too powerful and trying to do too much. Pick a stance you like and stick with that for your attribute, or possibly just have Amaturasu be able to switch into/out of it and the "normal" stance.

As an aside, an attack's base power is always its unmodified power as you would find it in the Attack Guide or an online pokédex. Thus, there's a difference between saying "X happens if Y is struck by an attack with base power 100 or greater" and "X happens if Y is struck by an attack that does 10% or more damage."

What blazheirio889 said is correct; everything having to do with the drive gauge is a signature attribute. Additionally, I try to avoid approving mods that look as though they would be hellacious for a referee to deal with, and unfortunately your current conception of the Drive Gauge looks that way. It would be easier to make gauge increase constant or more simply related to what happens in battle.

With the drive gauge as an attribute your could have one (ONE) of the proposed signature moves, simply with the restriction "can only be used if Katsubousha's drive gauge is full."

Hmm... So it's too many stance options, basically? I could cut them down to normal/offensive one until she evolves, sure; but once she becomes a Lucario, would it be possible to add one or both of them back as options?

As for the Drive Gauge issue.. I could probably do to make it more linear. I think I'm going to have to take Katsu's move back to the drawing board and think of another way to utilise the Gauge idea; but can I ask, is it impossible to have more than one 'Drive' in any case whatsoever? The idea behind the Drive Gauge was to be a less reliable, more restricting usage barrier to counteract multiple uses. If I had a fully evolved 'Mon with the Drive Gauge as an attribute, could they never be able to use 2/3 different moves with it? For the most part, they seemed to do less than a lot of signatures on their own.

Anyway - considering I can add a stance or two back for Ammy after evolution, is this better? Reducing to just the normal and offensive stance, basically.

<Inner Focus>

- At a very early age, Amaturasu was involved in an incident which ultimately led to her dominant arm being torn off - and although modern-day prosthetics were available to compensate, she refused to use one. Given her position and lifestyle, this normally would come as a major handicap if she were unable to adapt - but as it goes, from adversity came adaptibility in spades.
With only her off-hand remaining, Ammy developed a style focused entirely on kicks - and although she loses the capability for some moves, she is adept at using numerous traditionally hand-strikes with her feet instead. Most of these moves she refers to properly with a 'Kick' suffix (Such as Ice Punch -> Ice Kick) though in the end the names are merely a cosmetic tweak.

What gives Ammy an edge, however, is her ability to swap between multiple fighting stances to better suit her situation - after having to fight through a wide range of foes and situations, she developed over time for herself multiple stances which can immediately attune her body to a new fighting style. Doing so mid-combat can be risky, however, and if attacked she must take a moment to re-adapt to countering her opponent on the fly.
The stances she can currently use effectively are as follows:

'Kyorugi Joombi': ('Fighting Stance') - The basic stance, named after its counterpart in the TaeKwonDo dicipline. This stance is the default Amaturasu will take at the start of a match unless commanded otherwise, and imparts no modifiers.

Chagi: ('Kick / Kickstance') - An offensive stance which places emphasis on dealing damage and adjusts weight ratio to better deliver heavier blows. Of course, this has the cost of causing moves to become more physically exerting, as well as leaving her more open to counter-hits.
Grants a 1.5x damage modifier to Kicking moves. All moves (Damage-mod affected or not) will take 3% more energy. Sets Defence and Special Defence at -3.
Moves Affected: 'Force Kick', Low Kick, Hi Jump Kick, 'Focus Kick', Brick Break, 'Shadow Kick', 'Drain Kick', 'Ice Kick', 'Thunderkick', Blaze Kick.

Effects: Allows Amaturasu to change fighting stances mid-fight to alter her style. Effects of each style are listed above. Switching costs 3% energy.
- Styles can be switched as a free action if Amaturasu is not attacked the turn she swaps. If she is attacked, that entire turn is used as a 'Swap' action and costs an additional 2% energy.
- Changes made by styles are applied with 'switch priority' and so will always be applied BEFORE the turn starts. For instance, if Ammy switches to her kick stance the same turn an opponent uses Quick Attack, she will still recieve the +3 Defence penalty in defending against it.
-- The move Sucker Punch WILL affect Amaturasu on turns where she is swapping, and will invoke the swap penalty. It will also bypass all stat changes in this case.

Moveset Alterations:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sig attribute time.

[Venena] Spinarak (f)
Ability: Insomnia
Sig Attribute: Toxin Heritage

Venena comes from a clan of Spinarak and Ariados that lived deep in the forests of Asber. Her clans ancestors believed that they needn't the fuss of waiting for Poison to take effect, so they developed a more powerful toxin in thier bodies than most Ariados do.

Over time, the clan grew more, and needed constant defending. They decided that to be ready for any occasion in the future, they trained a group of children from birth to keep poison on their mandibles and stingers, so they would be ready for any dangerous situation, and could defend the tribe. Venena was one of these children. However, it took more energy to upkeep the production of poison.

Effects: Venena has a potent poison on her mandibles and stinger, so any moves that involve these will have a 25% chance of poisoning the opponent.

Moves affected: Bug Bite, Pin Missile, Leech Life.

Any moves that normally have a chance of poisoning the opponent, will instead Toxic Poison the opponent, with the same chance of effect.

Moves Affected: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Poison Sting

However, due to strain on her body to keep producing the poison, she will lose an extra 2% energy at the end of each round.

-----------------

Psymon do good?

Hmm... The one problem I have here personally is the extra energy drain isn't all -that- much in the long run. The main problem stems from how potent Toxic poison is. Overall, it isn't bad, but I'd like to see it either take more energy per tick (4~% per round, or 1~2% per -action-) and/or invoke an extra energy penalty on the moves which can now inflict Toxic level poison.

But the money was taken out of my bank...

[Nero] Baltoy (Genderless) - $5
Ability: Levitate

[Cainus] Growlithe (Male) - $10
Ability: Flash Fire
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[DiamondBack] Seviper (Male) - $15
Ability: Shed Skin
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Ferno] Charmander (Male) - $10
Ability: Blaze

So -$40 total. Decided against spending it all.
Here is my bank. They DID take my money out by the way. If they try to do it again or refuse to serve me because I don't have enough cash, please explain this to them...

Hmm... So it's too many stance options, basically? I could cut them down to normal/offensive one until she evolves, sure; but once she becomes a Lucario, would it be possible to add one or both of them back as options?

As for the Drive Gauge issue.. I could probably do to make it more linear. I think I'm going to have to take Katsu's move back to the drawing board and think of another way to utilise the Gauge idea; but can I ask, is it impossible to have more than one 'Drive' in any case whatsoever? The idea behind the Drive Gauge was to be a less reliable, more restricting usage barrier to counteract multiple uses. If I had a fully evolved 'Mon with the Drive Gauge as an attribute, could they never be able to use 2/3 different moves with it? For the most part, they seemed to do less than a lot of signatures on their own.

Anyway - considering I can add a stance or two back for Ammy after evolution, is this better? Reducing to just the normal and offensive stance, basically.

<Inner Focus>

- At a very early age, Amaturasu was involved in an incident which ultimately led to her dominant arm being torn off - and although modern-day prosthetics were available to compensate, she refused to use one. Given her position and lifestyle, this normally would come as a major handicap if she were unable to adapt - but as it goes, from adversity came adaptibility in spades.

- Changes made by styles are applied with 'switch priority' and so will always be applied BEFORE the turn starts. For instance, if Ammy switches to her kick stance the same turn an opponent uses Quick Attack, she will still recieve the +3 Defence penalty in defending against it.

Moveset Alterations:
Basically too many stance options, yes. The problem is that both this sig attribute and the proposed signature move felt as though they were trying to be multiple signature attributes or moves crammed into one--as in, "I want to be able to do this or this or this." Signature moves or attributes get you ONE move or attribute; some of them may have different effects under different conditions, but when you're talking attacks that are performed completely differently, do different types of damage and have very different effects, what you're really looking at is a signature move that in effect allows you to use multiple, distinct signature moves. Similar deal with the attribute above: it's essentially a collection of different attributes (this one raises attack damage and lowers defense, that one increases speed but lowers attack) that you can switch between at will. It's a little more acceptable for the attribute because it could essentially be refactored as an attribute that said, "at will during battle X can modify his or her stats within such and such parameters," whereas you can't really get anything out of the signature move but "can use any of these distinct attacks." For a riolu, one stance is plenty; you can add another when she evolves.

But the money was taken out of my bank...

[Nero] Baltoy (Genderless) - $5
Ability: Levitate

[Cainus] Growlithe (Male) - $10
Ability: Flash Fire
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[DiamondBack] Seviper (Male) - $15
Ability: Shed Skin
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Ferno] Charmander (Male) - $10
Ability: Blaze

So -$40 total. Decided against spending it all.
Here is my bank. They DID take my money out by the way. If they try to do it again or refuse to serve me because I don't have enough cash, please explain this to them...
As stated in the bank, just repost with a link to your original bank post. Sorry this contradicts what you were told earlier, but the bank link you have provided here is unacceptable because it contains no actual transaction.

Alright then, understood. Katsu certainly needs some drawing board work then. For the time being, though, is Ammy's okay/approved as it is now?

I apologize if the other approvers and I have misunderstood when a new link is required in general, but unless there was some other post that I missed, the link in the original bank post is in fact broken and the money should not have been taken from Brock's account. In this case I believe there would still have to be a new bank post.

<Inner Focus>

Moveset Alterations:
Right, the actual attribute. "Turns" should be (I'm guessing) "actions." Instead of calling swapping a free action, say that it doesn't take a full action to complete. I'm rather confused by the sucker punch bit at the end--why doesn't sucker punch take into account the swapped stats, but something with equal priority (quick attack) *would?* I'm not sure why you decided to make sucker punch a special case.

I apologize if the other approvers and I have misunderstood when a new link is required in general, but unless there was some other post that I missed, the link in the original bank post is in fact broken and the money should not have been taken from Brock's account. In this case I believe there would still have to be a new bank post.
Ah. In that case, a new bank post is indeed required.

...Why can't I seem to get that right. Actions, yes.
As for Sucker Punch, the idea behind that was the 'underhanded nature' it's supposed to be, noted since normally the swap wouldn't set it off, not being counted as an offensive action (and in the case of an attack being used right after the swap, it presumably wouldn't disrupt the swap). The extra effect of bypassing the stat changes was with the defensive stances in mind, but it's kind of irrelevant at the moment (An extra for the 'low blow' factor), and probably simpler to just say that it will hit while she's swapping.

<Inner Focus>

- At a very early age, Amaturasu was involved in an incident which ultimately led to her dominant arm being torn off - and although modern-day prosthetics were available to compensate, she refused to use one. Given her position and lifestyle, this normally would come as a major handicap if she were unable to adapt - but as it goes, from adversity came adaptability in spades.

'Kyorugi Joombi': ('Fighting Stance') - The basic stance, named after its counterpart in the TaeKwonDo discipline. This stance is the default Amaturasu will take at the start of a match unless commanded otherwise, and imparts no modifiers.

- Swapping styles does not take a full action to complete if Amaturasu is not attacked the action she swaps. If she is attacked, that entire action is used as a 'Swap' action and costs an additional 2% energy.
- Changes made by styles are applied with 'switch priority' and so will always be applied BEFORE the action starts. For instance, if Ammy switches to her kick stance the same action an opponent uses Quick Attack, she will still receive the -3 Defence penalty in defending against it.
- The move Sucker Punch affects stance swaps, and thus if used will disrupt and invoke the swap penalty.

Moveset Alterations:

Now I'll try to get Leo a sig attribute!

Spr_4h_133.png

[Leo]Eevee[M]
Abillity: Adaptabillity
Approval

Signature attribute: Baton-Mania

Leo has been, from the day he was born, obssesed with the move known as 'baton pass'. The main reason for that was that he belonged to a chain of eevees that was trained and breeded to be able to use a lot of supporting moves. Of course, it came at a cost- Leo wasn't very strong in battle, and didn't have a movepool as wide as that of other Eevee's. However, what he did have was the abillity to power himself up and finally send the power boosts over to his allies.

Effects:
Leo is a bit clumsier than a normal Eevee, meaning that attacks made against him have 5% more accuracy. Whenever Leo is sent into battle, he will have a +1 boost in a random stat. Because he's a little bit weaker than other Eevees, however, his abillity will boost his STAB attacks by 1.4 instead of by 1.5.

Movepool modifactions:
-Double Edge, Take Down, Headbutt and Frustration.
+Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Agillity, Acid Armor.

I've got this feeling I've forgot something and done something wrong....

Now I'll try to get Leo a sig attribute!

Spr_4h_133.png

[Leo]Eevee[M]
Approval

Signature attribute: Baton-Mania

Leo has been, from the day he was born, obssesed with the move known as 'baton pass'. The main reason for that was that he belonged to a chain of eevees that was trained and breeded to be able to use a lot of supporting moves. Of course, it came at a cost- Leo wasn't very strong in battle, and didn't have a movepool as wide as that of other Eevee's. However, what he did have was the abillity to power himself up and finally send the power boosts over to his allies.

Effects:
Leo is a bit clumsier than a normal Eevee, meaning that attacks made against him have 5% more accuracy. Whenever Leo is sent into battle, he will have a +1 boost in a random stat. Because he's a little bit weaker than other Eevees, however, his abillity will boost his STAB attacks by 1.4 instead of by 1.5.

Movepool modifactions:
-Double Edge, Take Down, Headbutt and Frustration.
+Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Agillity, Acid Armor.

I've got this feeling I've forgot something and done something wrong....

Off-hand, there's little to no explanation or reason why Leo should get access to the moves you added - but I think my biggest issue would be with Acid Armour. Eevee -might- theoretically be able to pull off the others, but AArmour is unique to Vaporeon, Grimer and Muk because it's physiologically impossible for any other species to use.

-Generally- each of the Eeveelutions has a signature pass-move, and only one, to prevent them from becoming overpowered. The only species I can think of who can actively pass more than 2 different stats is Mew, who is relegated to Ubers for exactly that sort of reason. Now, stat-ups aren't quite as dramatic as in-game, but ASB mechanics also prevent the likes of One-hit KO's and other fast paced workings that prevent them from being overly stacked with an entire specialised team.

It's also more a concern what Leo -himself- will be able to do with the boosts, particularly after he evolves. Even without his primary STAB options, Eevee can turn even a Quick Attack into a dangerous preposition with Adaptability, and at a 1.8x modifier you're still looking at a 70 Base Power priority move with Swords Dance support. After a single Swords Dance, depending on the Ref's mechanics albeit, he could start hitting at roughly 10% per hit with a very low energy usage.
- Which brings up the other reductions.... they aren't very dramatic. an 0.1 STAB reduction isn't felt very much, and 5% isn't enough to qualify to me as clumsy or an off-set.

Overall, afraid this is too much to my eyes. Acid Armour is a no-go in my opinion, and he needs more offset - whether it's a far heavier STAB reduction and/or evasion penalty - or have Leo unaffected, or only partially so, by stat-ups. The +1 to a random stat isn't terrible, but I'd prefer to see an actual.. reason behind it, not 'just because'.

Fine, Fine. I knew I made something wrong- it was obvious. So, anyway, retry.

Spr_4h_133.png

[Leo]Eevee[M]
Approval

Signature attribute: Agressions

Leo was, from the day he was born, prone to agressiveness, and could, most of the time, think of nothing but of violence. At first, it wasn't very troublesome. However, as he grew up, he became more and more agressive, taking it to the edge of trying to learn moves that could help him to be more agressive.

When in combat, Leo will usually attack with a lot of force, but will also be much more vunerable to attacks made against him, especially physical ones.

Effects: Leo has access to the move 'swords dance'. In addition, his body is extremly vunerable to attacks and will therefor take 2% more damage from physical and 1% more damage from special attacks. Every physical attack Leo uses will cost 1% more energy, but will also deal 1% more damage. Finally, he will start battles with extemely high amounts of agressivity, meaning that he will start battle with a +1 boost to attack.

Better? I've got this feeling that not, but worth a try.
At least now he doesn't have every single stat boosting move...

Fine, Fine. I knew I made something wrong- it was obvious. So, anyway, retry.

Spr_4h_133.png

[Leo]Eevee[M]
Approval

Signature attribute: Agressions

Leo was, from the day he was born, prone to agressiveness, and could, most of the time, think of nothing but of violence. At first, it wasn't very troublesome. However, as he grew up, he became more and more agressive, taking it to the edge of trying to learn moves that could help him to be more agressive.

When in combat, Leo will usually attack with a lot of force, but will also be much more vunerable to attacks made against him, especially physical ones.

Effects: Leo has access to the move 'swords dance'. In addition, his body is extremly vunerable to attacks and will therefor take 2% more damage from physical and 1% more damage from special attacks. Every physical attack Leo uses will cost 1% more energy, but will also deal 1% more damage. Finally, he will start battles with extemely high amounts of agressivity, meaning that he will start battle with a +1 boost to attack.

Better? I've got this feeling that not, but worth a try.
At least now he doesn't have every single stat boosting move...

That... makes things completely worse. I mentioned the damage Eevee could do even -with- reductions and this?-
This -is- a reason Eevee doesn't get Swords Dance on normal terms. Adaptability is dangerous, and with this he doesn't even lose his primary forms of damage. Think about Headbutt, his most reliable STAB move; it sits at 80 base power. This gets -doubled- by the Adaptability 2.0x mod, to 160. Now Eevee can only evolve once, making him count as a two-stage 'Mon, he receives no damage penalty - sit at 16% base. Attack is his second-highest stat, 1% bonus - the attribute modifier, 1% bonus, 18%. +1 Attack, 20%. Use Swords Dance once; 24% base -per hit-. a Poké with lacking defence could potentially be 4-hit-KO'd after a single turn of setup.
All things considered, the damage and energy penalties are -completely- negligible; -Especially- for a first-form in any case. It would simply be overpowered, he needs some HEAVY penalties else this is far too powerful in the long run.

-As a nitpick, 'Aggression' is with two G's and 'Aggresitivity' isn't a proper word. The grammar is just.. messy all over. I really suggest Firefox, or an online spellcheck, just to clean things up..

Edit: Urk, I always confuse some sort of ASB mechanic with ingame; ASB's STAB is 1.25x mod. Nonetheless, that gives Eevee a 1.5x mod for 12% base Headbutt, 12+1+1+(2*3) for 20 base a hit and a potential 5-hit KO with Swords Dance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom