• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Getting my Riolu a sig move which is probably poorly thought-out and overpowered.

[Megumi Kitaniji] Riolu (M)
Ability: Inner Focus

Signature Move: Me Time Is Free Time

Kitaniji grew up around the foot of Mt Coronet. His sense of aura was especially strong, and in that area he was lucky to be able to sense the legendary Pokémon Dialga. Through reading the great beast's actions, and studying them religiously, he became able to weakly imitate Dialga's influence of time through use of Copycat. Eventually, through more training, he gained the ability to stop time all by himself. Obviously his power was far weaker than those exhibited by his uninformed mentor, and exercising it mentally exhausts him, so it can only be used once per battle.

Type: Psychic / Status / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 12% / Duration: 5 actions
Effects: Kitaniji's body is coated in a dark blue aura, his eyes lighting up with the same colour. Hovering slightly, he raises a paw, and the words "TIME, BE STILL" echo extremely loudly through the arena from an unknown location. A white flash briefly fills the arena before time almost grinds to a halt. For as long as the effects of the attack last, Kitaniji gains a +3 boost to his speed, whereas everything else on the field (including allies) has their speed reduced by 3 levels; these modifications are removed after the attack wears off. All effects based on time (poison/burn damage, countdowns to Perish Song/Future Sight/Doom Desire etc., any arena effects that happen at given rounds or intervals, et cetera) are postponed until the effects of the attack end, when they will continue as normal. (For instance, if something happens every three actions, and Kitaniji uses Me Time Is Free Time one action after it happens, it will resume two actions after the effects end.) Finally, any priority attacks used by anyone other than Kitaniji are treated as regular attacks (e.g. Quick Attack, Protect etc. would have the same priority as Tackle.)
Usage Gap: once per battle.

If I may make an observtion, Moon-Panther?

The Rules Section On Sig Attributes said:
Similarly, a backstory linking the pokémon to a legendary(s) is probably inadvisable

I assume a similar thing applies to Moves also. Although since it's just mimicry, then I guess, maybe. Eh, let's wait for the official word.

Oh dammit yeah :/ Well, I assume moves at least alluding to legendaries are permitted in moderation, or at least if they're not just [LEGENDARY] APPEARED AND GRANTED MY POKÉMON ITS POWERS; I consulted a few of the approvers for their opinion before posting and neither seemed to have an qualms about it. If not, my apologies to the approvers.
also i'm not moonpanther.

Anyway while I'm here:
[Sedgwick] Teddiursa (M) <Quick Feet>

Bank

Last edited:

Eh, just thought Moon-Panther might appreciate the heads-up. Never claimed it to be entirely definite.
And to give a purpose to this:

Doduo
[Bill And Ben] (Male)
Ability: Early Bird
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

= $10, yes?

Last edited:

Oh dammit yeah :/ Well, I assume moves at least alluding to legendaries are permitted in moderation, or at least if they're not just [LEGENDARY] APPEARED AND GRANTED MY POKÉMON ITS POWERS; I consulted a few of the approvers for their opinion before posting and neither seemed to have an qualms about it. If not, my apologies to the approvers.
also i'm not moonpanther.

Anyway while I'm here:

Bank

I do recall several signature attributes/moves having to do with legendaries, thought most are just due to their influence, not their direct interference. Actually, there was even an attribute that was based on Darkrai's interference that got approved, so I think the approvers will let it slide. I'm reluctant to approve it, though, since as I said to Mike I've already given my two cents, and I want to see if the other move approvers think it's balanced.

Anyway, lengthy stuff aside, Sedgwick is approved.

Eh, just thought Moon-Panther might appreciate the heads-up. Never claimed it to be entirely definite.
And to give a purpose to this:

Doduo
[Bill And Ben] (Male)
Ability: Early Bird
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

= $10, yes?

Likewise, approved.

Kitaniji grew up around the foot of Mt Coronet. His sense of aura was especially strong, and in that area he was lucky to be able to sense the legendary Pokémon Dialga. Through reading the great beast's actions, and studying them religiously, he became able to weakly imitate Dialga's influence of time through use of Copycat. Eventually, through more training, he gained the ability to stop time all by himself. Obviously his power was far weaker than those exhibited by his uninformed mentor, and exercising it mentally exhausts him, so it can only be used once per battle.

Type: Psychic / Status / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 12% / Duration: 5 actions
Effects: Kitaniji's body is coated in a dark blue aura, his eyes lighting up with the same colour. Hovering slightly, he raises a paw, and the words "TIME, BE STILL" echo extremely loudly through the arena from an unknown location. A white flash briefly fills the arena before time almost grinds to a halt. For as long as the effects of the attack last, Kitaniji gains a +3 boost to his speed, whereas everything else on the field (including allies) has their speed reduced by 3 levels; these modifications are removed after the attack wears off. All effects based on time (poison/burn damage, countdowns to Perish Song/Future Sight/Doom Desire etc., any arena effects that happen at given rounds or intervals, et cetera) are postponed until the effects of the attack end, when they will continue as normal. (For instance, if something happens every three actions, and Kitaniji uses Me Time Is Free Time one action after it happens, it will resume two actions after the effects end.) Finally, any priority attacks used by anyone other than Kitaniji are treated as regular attacks (e.g. Quick Attack, Protect etc. would have the same priority as Tackle.)

Looks good to me. Approved.

Bought here
Bank link

Approved.

Getting my Riolu a sig move which is probably poorly thought-out and overpowered.

You know, after working this over with a few people after failing despite my best efforts to find something wrong or particularly overpowered, I'm just going to have to go with.. it's fine.

So... You have an Approved from me.

Uh, going to try and get a Sig Attribute for Bill And Ben that's probably way too powerful when combined with Early Bird.

Bill_And_Ben_by_N_i_g_h_t__S_H_A_D_E.png

Bill And Ben (Male)
Signature Move: None
Signature Attribute: Watchful Rest
Doduo always have one head remain awake as the other sleeps, and Bill And Ben is no exception. While one sleps, the other remains somewhat alert, countering any opponent that comes too close with an ancient instinct to Peck. This has the added bonus of confusing opponents as to wether or not he is actually asleep.
Effects: When Bill And Ben is inflicted with the Sleep Status Condition, one head remains awake. This means that while Bill And Ben is stil unable to move, he can see opponents coming in close (if the opponent tries to use a contact move) and, obeying an ancient instinct, Peck them, although it is reduced to 30 base power due to drowsiness. Also, if an attack is aimed at that head, it may dodge it (10% chance). Finally, since he seems somewhat awake, opponent Pokémon, if a conditional is ordered with his sleep as one of the variables ("If he's asleep, use Nightmare, but if not do something else"), have a 45% chance of going for the non-sleep command.

If that's poorly worded, I'm happy to clarify.

Last edited:

Starting team time.

Horsea (F) Sniper
Drifloon (M) Aftermath
Spinda (F) Tangled Feet
Gastly (M) Levitate

Paid for here.

I find myself liking Pokémon less and less but I still try to like it~

Last edited:

[Sleezy] Slakoth <M> (Truant) -$5

Slakoth is only $5!!! Truant is an awesome ability!!! I am shocked!!

Well I now have 0 Dollars.
Approved.

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=374062&postcount=122

croagunk
Toad Man
Male
Dry Skin

buizel
von Viesel
Female
Swift Swim

Both from the Black Market.
Like I said in the thread, please pick one.

[Chimani] Kitora (F) <Cute Charm>

Approved here and here, and I'm claiming. Is that alright?
Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom