• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

[Pancake] Skelitten (Female)
Ability: Pressure
Move Mod: N/A
Body Mod: N/A

Yo sup

Last edited:

Starting Team:

[Psycho] Abra ♂
Synchronize -> $7

[Pengo] Piplup♀ -> $10

[Blader] Scyther♂
Technician -> $25

Bank link here.

[Pancake] Skelitten (Female)
Move Mod: N/A
Body Mod: N/A

Yo sup

Approved. (and you may want to get more than one Pokemon you know)

Gogo gadget evolution!

[Rehabit] Cacnea (♂)
Ability: Sand Veil

|
|
V

[Dexter] Cacturne

Ability: Sand Veil

Approved. Have fun with that yin-yang bomb or whatever!

You know what? I want a Nidoran, bitch.

[Danger Mouse] Nidoran M
Poison Point

bank link

Approved.

Starting Team:

[Psycho] Abra ♂
Synchronize -> $7

[Pengo] Piplup♀ -> $10

[Blader] Scyther♂
Technician -> $25

Bank link here.

Aaand approved.

Is this team alright?

[Deimos] Houndour (M)
Ability: Flash Fire

[Nyx] Eevee (F)
Ability: Adaptability

[Bast] Meowth (F)
Ability: Technician

Total Price: $45

Bank Transaction

Last edited:

Giving signature stuff a first shot.

[Dexterous] Aerodactyl (M) @ Reaper Cloth
Signature Move: Prehistoric Banter

Dexterous was born many, many years ago. He also died many, many years ago, but modern technology brought him back to life at current times, his memory intact thanks to the preservation of his remains in tough amber.

In his long-lost past, he was an exceptional hunter, even leading his own group of feared predators. He has several fond moments to recall from that time, and often starts rambling about it if he seizes a chance to. He can talk about just about anything, ranging from simple, tasty fruit he came across (Aerodactyl are, after all, assumed to be omnivorous), to epic battles against Magikarp's ancestors.

Dexterous is also not well aware of the fact nobody cares about his past. Thus, if there is one thing he despises, that would be when somebody dares interrupt his reminiscences. Should he start bantering, any sort of immediate damage strong enough to stop him from talking for a short while will transform his fond recallings into a terrifying tirade about the cheekiness of the modern-day Pokémon; by the time he's done speaking, he will fight with much more ferocity.

Type: Normal / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 2% per action / Duration: 3 actions
Once Dexterous uses Prehistoric Banter, he cannot do anything else until the attack is over (including Struggle; thus, attacks that force him to change his movements, such as Taunt and Torment, only take effect after Prehistoric Banter ends). However, if he receives more than 6% damage in any single action during the usage, his Attack will be increased by 3+. This boost can only be applied once each time the attack is used.
Usage Gap: 9 actions

Last edited:

Is this team alright?

[Deimos] Houndour (M)
Ability: Flash Fire

[Nyx] Eevee (F)
Ability: Adaptability

[Bast] Meowth (F)
Ability: Technician

Total Price: $45

Bank link/transaction?

Dexterous was born many, many years ago. He also died many, many years ago, but modern technology brought him back to life at current times, his memory intact thanks to the preservation of his remains in tough amber.

In his long-lost past, he was an exceptional hunter, even leading his own group of feared predators. He has several fond moments to recall from that time, and often starts rambling about it if he seizes a chance to. He can talk about just about anything, ranging from simple, tasty fruit he came across (Aerodactyl are, after all, assumed to be omnivorous), to epic battles against Magikarp's ancestors.

Dexterous is also not well aware of the fact nobody cares about his past. Thus, if there is one thing he despises, that would be when somebody dares interrupt his reminiscences. Should he start bantering, any sort of immediate damage strong enough to stop him from talking for a short while will transform his fond recallings into a terrifying tirade about the cheekiness of the modern-day Pokémon; by the time he's done speaking, he will fight with much more ferocity.

Type: Normal / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 2% per action / Duration: 3 actions
Once Dexterous uses Prehistoric Banter, he cannot do anything else until the attack is over. However, if he receives more than 6% damage in any single action during the usage, his Attack will be increased by 3+. This boost can only be applied once each time the attack is used.

Lucky you, editing in the energy cost just as I clicked "Quote". :P
Anyway, the effects are acceptable, but what happens when Dexterous is hit by Taunt or Torment while he's rambling away?

As per stated, Dexterous cannot do anything else while he rambles, not even Struggle. Thus, Taunt or Torment will not affect him immediately while he rambles, but will afterwards.

You'll want to edit that into the description, then, since some refs might be confused. Additionally, since Taunt or Torment could be considered distractions or interruptions or whatnot, do they trigger the attack boost?

That would be a bit too powerful, I suppose. Dexterous can probably talk louder than most Pokémon that try to Taunt/Torment him, and leave reacting to whatever he was told for after he's done rambling.

Also, edited that bit in.

Once Dexterous uses Prehistoric Banter, he cannot do anything else until the attack is over (including Struggle; thus, attacks that force him to change his movements, such as Taunt and Torment, only take effect after Prehistoric Banter ends). However, if he receives more than 6% damage in any single action during the usage, his Attack will be increased by 3+. This boost can only be applied once each time the attack is used.

I think that covers just about everything. Approved.

[Nero] Baltoy (M}
[Levitate]
Body Mod: Sharpened Arms

Baltoy, as part of their physique, have strand-like arms. Nero however, strides to be different and superior to all other Baltoy. so he spent many months spinning, slicing his hands into rock.

As a result of his strides to become superior, his hands were sharpened so they are like knives or scythes on the ends of his arms. The points are small, but sharp as he slices them against hard surfaces to maintain them, no matter the pain of upkeeping them.

Effect: All Contact Moves Nero performs do 3% more damage, and if the foe makes a contact move against Nero, they recieve 3% Typeless damage. However, if Nero attacks or is attacked by a Steel or Rock type, he recieves 2% typeless damage.

Hope this is right.

And also, whenever I try to post here, it doesn't go through, and I get a 500 Server error. I can view the index just fine, can view view ASB topics okay, but it 500's me when I try to post.

[Nero] Baltoy (M}
[Levitate]

Baltoy, as part of their physique, have strand-like arms. Nero however, strides to be different and superior to all other Baltoy. so he spent many months spinning, slicing his hands into rock.

As a result of his strides to become superior, his hands were sharpened so they are like knives or scythes on the ends of his arms. The points are small, but sharp as he slices them against hard surfaces to maintain them, no matter the pain of upkeeping them.

Effect: All Contact Moves Nero performs do 3% more damage, and if the foe makes a contact move against Nero, they recieve 3% Typeless damage. However, if Nero attacks or is attacked by a Steel or Rock type, he recieves 2% typeless damage.

Hope this is right.

And also, whenever I try to post here, it doesn't go through, and I get a 500 Server error. I can view the index just fine, can view view ASB topics okay, but it 500's me when I try to post.

Nothing looks too bad to me; however you need some clarification on that 3% extra damage on contact attacks. Is that added to base power or on top of all other calculations? Repost clarifying that and it should be fine, unless the other approvers disagree with anything.

Anyway, I have a modification to try out myself.

[Exabyte] Porygon (X)
Ability: Download
Signature move: Download Freeware
Porygon, being computer Pokémon, are able to communicate with networks, connect to the Internet, and download and store files. Porygon owners the world over have taken advantage of this capability, making modifications compatible with the Porygon family and sharing them online, allowing users to gain access to these files and download them onto their Pokémon. This opens up a number of modifications and applications that Exabyte can download in battle and use to his advantage. However, being an unevolved and primitive model, Exabyte only has the memory to store one file per battle; in addition, certain malicious users seeking to ruin the system for others have developed harmful programs and passed them off as useful, which Exabyte can download unknowingly, hindering rather than helping his efforts.

Type: Normal / Status / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 6%
Effects: Exabyte scans the airwaves, connecting to the 'net and downloading a Porygon modification file at random. It may be any of the following, each having the same probability of showing up:
McIffy VirusScan: removes all negative status conditions from Exabyte and gives it the Safeguard status for the normal duration.
OS Upgrade: Exabyte downloads a faster, spiffier, more powerful and efficient operating system, increasing two random stats by 2 levels.
reallyloudmusic.mp3: Exabyte begins playing very loud music files, making it oblivious to other noise and giving it the Soundproof ability in addition to all other abilities.
Moveset Enhancement: teaches Exabyte two new moves for the duration of the battle. The moves are selected at random, like Metronome, but added to Exabyte's overall movepool to be used as needed.
Huge Stack O' Spam: Exabyte is overwhelmed by shady correspondence from Nigerian businessmen and offers to enhance bodily features best not specified, causing it to fly into a frustrated rage and inflicting it with moderate confusion and the effects of a 3-action Taunt.
totally_not_a_virus.exe: destroys Exabyte's existing files, causing it to forget an existing move from its movepool every three actions it is on the field for the duration of the battle.
System Bug: attacks Exabyte's crucial system files, lowering all stats by 1 level and inflicting severe paralysis and confusion and badly poisoning Exabyte.
Usage Gap: once per battle.

Last edited:

[Nero] Baltoy (M}
[Levitate]

Hope this is right.

In addition to the clarification Mike asked for, you need to clear up a few more things. First of all, why does having sharp arms affect all contact moves made by Nero or the opponent? Headbutt or zen headbutt would not make use of Nero's arms, for example, so unless it's sharpening the point on its head as well then there's no reason for it to gain the damage boost. And if a pokémon punches or hits Nero in its body, why would the arms come into play there? 3% additional damage to all contact moves is in general a little too powerful given the minimal drawback you have there, as chances are Nero will be facing non-steel- or rock-type opponents more often than not. You would effectively get 3% extra damage on several attacks without having to pay any sort of penalty for it.

And why is that drawback in place anyway? You haven't quite explained what that has to do with anything clearly enough. First of all, it's too vague--"if Nero attacks or is attacked by a steel- or rock-type" could include Nero using earthquake on a steelix or an aerodactyl using flamethrower on it. I'm assuming you meant to refer only to contact attacks, which again begs the question "what happens when its arms are not involved in the attack?" Why would Nero take extra damage from attacking them when it wouldn't be the case for any other baltoy? Is it because Nero's sharpened arms are more sensitive now? If so, you need to state that more clearly. And if that is the case, I would suggest a drawback more along the lines of "if Nero's arms are attacked directly with a contact move he takes an additional x damage".

I would probably reduce the additional damage Nero does to +2% after all other calculations (what Mike was asking for, basically) and then reduce the damage Nero takes if hit on its arms (by any type of contact attack/from any pokémon, unless you can provide a better explanation) to 1% after all calculations, as baltoy don't learn too many contact moves in the first place and the damage penalty wouldn't need to be quite as high with these suggested changes.

Last edited:

[Exabyte] Porygon (X)
Ability: Download
Signature move: Download Freeware
Porygon, being computer Pokémon, are able to communicate with networks, connect to the Internet, and download and store files. Porygon owners the world over have taken advantage of this capability, making modifications compatible with the Porygon family and sharing them online, allowing users to gain access to these files and download them onto their Pokémon. This opens up a number of modifications and applications that Exabyte can download in battle and use to his advantage. However, being an unevolved and primitive model, Exabyte only has the memory to store one file per battle; in addition, certain malicious users seeking to ruin the system for others have developed harmful programs and passed them off as useful, which Exabyte can download unknowingly, hindering rather than helping his efforts.

Type: Normal / Status / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 6%
Effects: Exabyte scans the airwaves, connecting to the 'net and downloading a Porygon modification file at random. It may be any of the following, each having the same probability of showing up:
McIffy VirusScan: removes all negative status conditions from Exabyte and gives it the Safeguard status for the normal duration.
OS Upgrade: Exabyte downloads a faster, spiffier, more powerful and efficient operating system, increasing two random stats by 2 levels.
reallyloudmusic.mp3: Exabyte begins playing very loud music files, making it oblivious to other noise and giving it the Soundproof ability in addition to all other abilities.
Moveset Enhancement: teaches Exabyte two new moves for the duration of the battle. The moves are selected at random, like Metronome, but added to Exabyte's overall movepool to be used as needed.
Huge Stack O' Spam: Exabyte is overwhelmed by shady correspondence from Nigerian businessmen and offers to enhance bodily features best not specified, causing it to fly into a frustrated rage and inflicting it with moderate confusion and the effects of a 3-action Taunt.
totally_not_a_virus.exe: destroys Exabyte's existing files, causing it to forget an existing move from its movepool every three actions it is on the field for the duration of the battle.
System Bug: attacks Exabyte's crucial system files, lowering all stats by 1 level and inflicting severe paralysis and confusion and badly poisoning Exabyte.
Usage Gap: once per battle.

For convenience's sake, as well as to make it simpler, I'd suggest you have 5 instead of 7 programs, since 100's not divisible by 7... blah blah blah. Also for convenience's sake, I think you should remove totally_not_a_virus.exe, since it appears to be the hardest to keep track of while reffing (if Exabyte stays in for some time, that's gonna be a long status string).
I think otherwise, it looks okay. I'm a bit iffy on the two random stats up by two levels, but I'll let it slide, considering the potential bad effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom