• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone up for a trip to the Islands?
1-vs-1 Single
Style: Set
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned: Fire types, Ice types.
"Cruise number fourty-two to board." Two trainers peacfully got on their ferry; a Seagallop Model, sailing out of Kanto, headed for Hoenn. The ship had a run-in with a Wailord, however, causing it to make a stop at six island. After three days being bored outta their minds, two trainers decide to have a battle at a smaller island a few hundred feet out. The island is perfect for water and ground pokémon; ground and water moves are upped by 2%. The moist ground allows water Pokemon to forgo the need for a pond. There is a few bushes to the left and the island is speckled with Coconut and Pinapple trees. These fruits are a bit more than meets the eye, though. There are 10 coconuts and 5 pinapples in all.
Coconuts are fairly light, and using them only costs 2% energy. They have a 25% chance of being explosive, however, dealing 6% damage to the unlucky eater, or the target of the throw. They have a 75% chance of being good, restoring 4% health upon eating, or having it thrown at you.
Pinapples are very hard on the paws, costing 4% health to handle them, with no energy loss. They have a 75% chance of being explosive, dealing 8% damage to the eater or target. Although the 25% chance of it being edible is a risk, pinapples are very energizing; restoring 8% energy and 6% health to the eater or target.

Complimentary sunglasses for the cruise?

^_^ Accepting challenge...

Issuing a Challenge to anyone who wants one...

3vs3 single
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Destiny Bond, Explosion and Selfdestruct
Arena: (Not-so) Calm Clearing

This battlefield is a pretty standard clearing with a lake to one side, surrounded with forest. Any stray Fire attacks have a chance of setting the surrounding trees on fire, which will potentially cause problems if the fire is allowed to get out of hand. Fire will cause the area to heat up to very high temperatures, causing most non-Fire types to have a hard time. If, within 3 rounds, a fire is not put out, angry tribesmen from the settlement beyond the forest will (somehow) make their way to the Clearing and attack both Pokemon, they will leave after attacking. This will happen every 3 rounds afterwards until the fire is put out.

My ASB Profile

I'll answer that challenge.

Last edited:
2 vs. 2 single (can be negotiated)
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: All but Metronome.
Arena: Goldenrod City

Skyscrapers and radio towers abound in the hustle-and-bustle of Goldenrod's city streets, blotting out the sun and yet trapping heat in a paradoxical manner. Wingull harass passerby, people don't look at you as you pass them, and the most garish music blares from every punk's Team Rocket-styled Pokétch, and chatter issues from each and every businessman speaking into a headset.

Time to burn it all to the smoking, charred ground.

The battle begins on a dour-way intersection, cordoned off to the public. Of course, a few of those that haven't realized that this is an infamous Asber Metronome Battle have infiltrated the weak security measures, which are basically some yellow 'CAUTION' tape and a few randomly-placed orange cones.

Water mains and sewers under the streets will burst to provide for the battle's antics, and similar things will happen to ensure the maximum in destruction.

Additional Rules: All Pokémon have infinite energy. Also, the referee may at any time teleport the battlers and themselves to a different place in the city, say, the top of the Department store or something.

ASB Profile

Last edited:
2 vs. 2 single (can be negotiated)
DQ: 1 Week
Banned Moves: All but Metronome.
Arena: Goldenrod City

Skyscrapers and radio towers abound in the hustle-and-bustle of Goldenrod's city streets, blotting out the sun and yet trapping heat in a paradoxical manner. Wingull harass passerby, people don't look at you as you pass them, and the most garish music blares from every punk's Team Rocket-styled Pokétch, and chatter issues from each and every businessman speaking into a headset.

Time to burn it all to the smoking, charred ground.

The battle begins on a dour-way intersection, cordoned off to the public. Of course, a few of those that haven't realized that this is an infamous Asber Metronome Battle have infiltrated the weak security measures, which are basically some yellow 'CAUTION' tape and a few randomly-placed orange cones.

Water mains and sewers under the streets will burst to provide for the battle's antics, and similar things will happen to ensure the maximum in destruction.

Additional Rules: All Pokémon have infinite energy. Also, the referee may at any time teleport the battlers and themselves to a different place in the city, say, the top of the Department store or something.

ASB Profile
just because I happen to be going through this very same place in my heart gold

Hope this time the match won't end in two rounds.

Since one of my battles is about to finish, I think I'll take Kindling Queen vs. Grass King vs. Psymon.

2V2 Singles
Battle Style: Set
DQ Time: 5 days
Banned Moves: OHKO, Rest, Attract, 1 instant recovery/pokemon, 5 chills/pokemon*
Arena Description: A Giant Sword in Space (Exactly What It Says On The Tin)

Imagine the deep reaches of space, soundless, desolate, endless blackness in all directions.

Now imagine a giant sword, of medieval design, floating through this void. You know, just a normal giant sword, doing what giant swords do best: floating through space and occasionally being pointed at by people with dumbfounded expressions.

That, my friends, is the arena.

Let's get into the nitty gritty parts. The sword drifts through space blade-first, as if some giant had thrown it like a dart into the sky and wondered why it wasn't coming back. Poor giant. Around the sword is a bubble of air that moves with the sword, like an atmosphere over a sword-shaped world. The sword is roughly two wailords long and proportionately wide, while the perfectly spherical air bubble is about five wailords in diameter. The air is room-temperature. Gravity exists on the sword on both sides, so you can jump over the side of the sword and land on the other side, upside down to your opponent.

Also, and here's the really fun bit: at the beginning of every round, each pokemon has a 5% chance of getting hit by a small meteor, causing 5% typeless damage. If they do, they miss their actions for that round.

And once again, this is the design of the sword for reference.

My Profile

2V2 Singles
Battle Style: Set
DQ Time: 5 days
Banned Moves: OHKO, Rest, Attract, 1 instant recovery/pokemon, 5 chills/pokemon*
Arena Description: A Giant Sword in Space (Exactly What It Says On The Tin)

Imagine the deep reaches of space, soundless, desolate, endless blackness in all directions.

Now imagine a giant sword, of medieval design, floating through this void. You know, just a normal giant sword, doing what giant swords do best: floating through space and occasionally being pointed at by people with dumbfounded expressions.

That, my friends, is the arena.

Let's get into the nitty gritty parts. The sword drifts through space blade-first, as if some giant had thrown it like a dart into the sky and wondered why it wasn't coming back. Poor giant. Around the sword is a bubble of air that moves with the sword, like an atmosphere over a sword-shaped world. The sword is roughly two wailords long and proportionately wide, while the perfectly spherical air bubble is about five wailords in diameter. The air is room-temperature. Gravity exists on the sword on both sides, so you can jump over the side of the sword and land on the other side, upside down to your opponent.

Also, and here's the really fun bit: at the beginning of every round, each pokemon has a 5% chance of getting hit by a small meteor, causing 5% typeless damage. If they do, they miss their actions for that round.

And once again, this is the design of the sword for reference.

My Profile

I'm taking this, because I only have two Pokemon so it's kind of hard to take a 3 vs 3. It sounds fun :)

This one's profile is here too.

Format: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1
DQ: 5 days
Dmg. Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing Moves, Any moves that aren't really possible (dig, Surf, etc.)Chills 3/Pokemon
Arena Name: Pool table
Arena Description: The combatants duke it out on a standard green felt pool table. However, the pool table is absolutely gargantuan, with the average ball being the size of a Nidoking.At the beginning of each round the random floating cue will hit a shot, which has a twenty percent chance of hitting a Pokemon. The Pokemon will take 4% damage from being hit. A Pokemon may hide in a pocket for protection, but there is a ten percent chance a ball will fall in the pocket, making them take 8% damage. A Pokemon may not climb off of the table.
Additional Rules: No Water Pokemon that can't survive outside of water

P-R-O-Uh...-F!-Y?-L

:D

Issuing a Challenge to anyone who wants one...

3vs3 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Destiny Bond, Explosion and Selfdestruct
Arena: (Not-so) Calm Clearing

This battlefield is a pretty standard clearing with a lake to one side, surrounded with forest. Any stray Fire attacks have a chance of setting the surrounding trees on fire, which will potentially cause problems if the fire is allowed to get out of hand. Fire will cause the area to heat up to very high temperatures, causing most non-Fire types to have a hard time. If, within 3 rounds, a fire is not put out, angry tribesmen from the settlement beyond the forest will (somehow) make their way to the Clearing and attack both Pokemon, they will leave after attacking. This will happen every 3 rounds afterwards until the fire is put out.

My ASB Profile

Well, I, uh... I think I'll accept, if you don't mind.
(Eep, first battle jitters....)

I am issuing a metronome match. Your Pokemon doesn't even have to know metronome! It will always be a random move!

2vs2 (Negotiable) single/double (Opponent can decide)
Damage Cap: Lets be unique: 38and a half%
Banned Moves: Every Move
Arena: Lego City

Lego City is a nice peaceful town. Every building is made of colorful Legos. The town is mismatched and random though. There is a castle, a garage, a space center, a pirate ship, a police station, a jail, and a big Dragon that terrorizes people. Did I say terrorize? Oops... I mean... visits... people. It is a nice town. LETS FIX THAT!!!! The Battle will be held near city hall, and trainers sit on the steps of the building while the Pokemon battle in a clearing. In the clearing there are two towers. The towers are stable, but a powerful move will bring them down. If any Pokemon summons a move over 10% Power, the tower near them collapses, and they recieve 5% Typeless damage.

Also, there is a 10% chance an event happens each action. An event can be any one of these happenings:

50% - Citizens Start a Riot. The citizens don't approve of the destruction of the town. They will take one action (no moves are made) to inflict 2% typeless damage to all participant.

25% - The Dragon. Remember me talking about that dragon earlier? He swoops down and does 3% Dragon-Typed damage to a random battler

25% - Construction Fail. A skyscraper collapsed randomly on a battler and does 3% Typeless damage.

You Pokemon doesn't even have to know Metronome. Just make three commands (funny is win) and it is like metronome. (It is kinda like Zora and Dwagie's drunk matches)

I can has Profile?

I am issuing a metronome match. Your Pokemon doesn't even have to know metronome! It will always be a random move!

2vs2 (Negotiable) single/double (Opponent can decide)

Lego City is a nice peaceful town. Every building is made of colorful Legos. The town is mismatched and random though. There is a castle, a garage, a space center, a pirate ship, a police station, a jail, and a big Dragon that terrorizes people. Did I say terrorize? Oops... I mean... visits... people. It is a nice town. LETS FIX THAT!!!! The Battle will be held near city hall, and trainers sit on the steps of the building while the Pokemon battle in a clearing. In the clearing there are two towers. The towers are stable, but a powerful move will bring them down. If any Pokemon summons a move over 10% Power, the tower near them collapses, and they recieve 5% Typeless damage.

Also, there is a 10% chance an event happens each action. An event can be any one of these happenings:

50% - Citizens Start a Riot. The citizens don't approve of the destruction of the town. They will take one action (no moves are made) to inflict 2% typeless damage to all participant.

25% - The Dragon. Remember me talking about that dragon earlier? He swoops down and does 3% Dragon-Typed damage to a random battler

25% - Construction Fail. A skyscraper collapsed randomly on a battler and does 3% Typeless damage.

You Pokemon doesn't even have to know Metronome. Just make three commands (funny is win) and it is like metronome. (It is kinda like Zora and Dwagie's drunk matches)

I can has Profile?

2v2 Single Please

NOTE: Heres Brock's Profile

Yeah sorries...

I didn't know that posted. I got a 500 server error when I attemted post it and I didn't think it went through. Thanks Darth.If you don't mind Darth, I'd like to make a change to the challenge.

I would like to make it so all Pokémon have infinite energy. Would you agree to that?

Last edited:
Yeah sorries...

I didn't know that posted. I got a 500 server error when I attemted post it and I didn't think it went through. Thanks Darth.If you don't mind Darth, I'd like to make a change to the challenge.

I would like to make it so all Pokémon have infinite energy. Would you agree to that?

Sure, thats fine.

So this is the official Challenge

2vs2 single

EXTRA NOTES: All Pokémon have Infinite Energy. All Attacks that drain energy take health instead.

I can has Profile? (Brock's Profile Link)

Darth's Profile.

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 3/pokémon
Arena: Ancient Relic
This is the Ancient Relic Friend Area from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 1. The masonry here is very fragile, such that missed attacks will usually cause damage to the environment. Of course, you /could/ use this to your advantage...
Other: A picture of the arena itself.

My Profile

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 3/pokémon
Arena: Ancient Relic
This is the Ancient Relic Friend Area from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 1. The masonry here is very fragile, such that missed attacks will usually cause damage to the environment. Of course, you /could/ use this to your advantage...
Other: A picture of the arena itself.

My Profile

Takin this

My Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom