• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Celadon Pachinko

You'd have to ask one of the people running the place, but you could probably get one with some friendly ... gifts. Certainly it's doable.

... it's just not likely that they'd let you chainsaw one of the machines open. But you can still get pretty far if you're sensible about it.

I'm going to pull a screwdriver out of my pocket and start to dismantle the machine. Oh, and also put my wallet in the safekeeping of my Mantine.

She pauses. She was trying to be covert about it, but since he asked... "Yeeeees? Please?" she says, plastering a big smile and picking up the pokéball from his hand.

Pulling the ice pachinko handle, she wonders for a second where this area found their machine suppliers. They could use some oiling! Or duct tape. It's always one of those two.

I'm going to pull a screwdriver out of my pocket and start to dismantle the machine. Oh, and also put my wallet in the safekeeping of my Mantine.
A few people in the place look at you -- some of them customers -- meaningfully as you take out the screwdriver. Are you sure you want to do that?

The mantine seems to quite like your wallet.
She pauses. She was trying to be covert about it, but since he asked... "Yeeeees? Please?" she says, plastering a big smile and picking up the pokéball from his hand.

Pulling the ice pachinko handle, she wonders for a second where this area found their machine suppliers. They could use some oiling! Or duct tape. It's always one of those two.
Yeah, covert. Greasing is very ... covert.

That may be some of the point. As the pokéball -- looks like it's a male dewgong -- falls, it completely fails to make friends with the hole so you can actually get it. On the plus side, it triggered a bonus! A male eevee also gets stuck. Don't you feel lucky?

Hmm. It seems that the chainsaw might be a bit of a hassle. How much would I need to pay to buy the entire normal machine, pokemon and all?

Fine, I'll have Li Chen my Tyrogue reach into it and try to pull something out. If that fails, he can punch it.
The tyrogue makes a sad noise when it pops out of the ball. It seems that there's some sort of high-frequency noise nearby.

It has a headache.
Hmm. It seems that the chainsaw might be a bit of a hassle. How much would I need to pay to buy the entire normal machine, pokemon and all?
¥1000000.

Wrong question.

A female pichu pops out of the pokéball inside the machine! ... However, it squeezes through the hole and hops onto your head: it seems to know you're the one who let it out, if by accident.

I'll have another try. Dragon, please.
It's your lucky day! ... Sort of. The machine shoots out confetti as a female shiny bagon shoots up and hits a bonus and -- nothing happens.

Congratulations, you've gotten a shiny bagon stuck in the machine.

... wat.

I stroll up to the owner as nonchalantly as I can and point to the Dragon machine. "Erm, there's a shiny Bagon stuck in the machine", I say, shuffling my feet. As an afterthought, I add, "Out of curiosity, how much would the Bagon be if I were to outright pay for it...?" To add emphasis, I draw out my wallet and slowly flip through the dollar bills housed in the flat leather container.

The bagon conveniently pops out of the ball. "Subomi?" it squeaks. It's very ... green.

On one hand, offering money seems to be the only way to actually get anywhere. On the other, that grin is entirely NOT SAFE NOT SAFE BAD DECISIONS LIE THIS WAY. "Selling pokémon? That's not very ethical, is it? ... Now, if you made an appropriate donation out of the goodness of your heart...."

I raise an eyebrow slightly, a bit apprehensive about where this is heading, but... Ah, it's not like I'd use this money anyway. What do I have to lose? I draw out a few bills and press $6 into the owner's hand. "Then," I say, doing my best to suppress a grin, "I make this donation out of the goodness of my heart."

Last edited:
$8.

Dragon Please.

((did you steal all the Pokémon because there is noe way TR could get a Dragon-Type))

I raise an eyebrow slightly, a bit apprehensive about where this is heading, but... Ah, it's not like I'd use this money anyway. What do I have to lose? I draw out a few bills and press $6 into the owner's hand. "Then," I say, doing my best to suppress a grin, "I make this donation out of the goodness of my heart."
(( ... Thank you for that; I didn't respond for a while because what passes for my conscience was tingling. ))

He smiles and accepts, then takes the pokéball out of the machine and hands it to you.

[ Obtained one (1) -- male budew in a bagon costume! It is your new buddy. Also, the pokéball won't open to reveal that it is in fact a budew until you're out of the room. ]
I'll have Dragoon my Dratini wrap around Li Chen's ears to block out the sound.
The dratini's bothered, too. I wonder why?
Huzzah! Totally adorable pichu! Can someone give me a name suggestion?
Beefcaek.
I want a dragon, an ice, and a flying.
A male gabite and a female froslass get stuck in the machine, though you do obtain one (1) male pidgey.
$8.

Dragon Please.

((did you steal all the Pokémon because there is noe way TR could get a Dragon-Type))
The ball flies into the machine with a pull of the lever and there's a female altaria stuck in it. This seems vaguely familiar.

(( No. The actual dragon-type pokémon were caught semi-legitimately (dressing up as Lance in order to sneak into the Dragon's Den or simply sending out a few swinub to beat up some dratini is legitimate! If Lance can dress up as Team Rocket, Team Rocket can dress up as Lance.) but... why bother giving out dragons? ))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom