• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Mafia: Day 10

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
Another day dawns on the long-suffering little group of trainers camped out on the beach. By now, they're more or less out of food, and naturally the life-or-death struggle they've inadvertently (in some cases, anyway) been thrown into doesn't exactly help their mood. Nor does the amount of time the infernal game has dragged on, of course.

Well, at least it will be over soon, one way or another. There are only six players left, one of them, Full Metal Cookies, soundly asleep. Of course, there were seven as of sundown yesterday, and the usual halfhearted search is effected in an attempt to discover the fate of OrngSumb, the notably missing member. It's a rather brief one, actually, as it turns out that the remains of the group's campfire has been revived and repurposed as a funeral pyre. Most likely OrgnSumb was still alive when he was tied down to it, though.

OrngSumb is dead. He was not mafia.

Forty-eight hours for discussion.

It's been a blast, dearies, truly. Unfortunate how one of my minions killed off the one player I didn't want killed off till last, but that's how these things go; e likely'd be sedated the rest of the way anyway.

Let's wrap this up, I'm starving. Pizza, perhaps? ... Or cookies? Fufufu.

Hey, wait. According to the d7 list Kratos whipped up, the remaining people then were "Grass King, Full Metal Cookies, Zora of Termina, OrngSumb, Prettzel, greategret, Blaziking, Kratos Aurion, L'il Dwagie, Flora and Ashes, MidnightSaboteur, and blazheirio889". L'il Dwagie died night d7, Zora and Blazhy died d8, Flora and Ashes, Prettzel, and Kratos got offed d9, and now OrngSumb's gone. That leaves... Grass King, FMC, greategret, Blaziking, and... me. Six players where, or am I missing something?

As usual, everything is quiet on the troubled beach, save for Blaziking, who again nominates the helpless, sleeping member of the group for death. MidnightSaboteur can't help but gloat a bit, though, not while she knows that the majority of players still gathered on the sand are on her side. Her evil laugh is somewhat spoiled by a moment of math confusion, but after confirming that there are, in fact, only five people still standing (or sleeping), her confidence is renewed.

With a smirk, the leader of the Mafia summons one of the possessed pokémon with a casual snap of her fingers. After a few moments, muffled footfalls announce the arrival of something large and lumbering. An aggron trudges across the sand, its armor grown dull and rust-flecked after weeks of doing nothing more than standing at attention at the edge of the beach, watching over the game. Its bloodshot eyes reveal no hint of resentment for its condition, however; it shambles to a halt by MidnightSaboteur's side and stands dully at attention, awaiting further direction.

"Take out the trash, would you?" the mafia boss says, waving a disinterested hand in Full Metal Cookies' direction.

The unfortunate player has only a couple of seconds to stare uneasily up at the small mountain of stone and steel approaching her before the beast's tail whips around, slamming her to the ground with crushing force. The aggron falls on its helpless prey with mindless brute force, making short work of the unfortunate player.

greategret watches the gruesome scene unfold with wide eyes, too stunned to do anything but stand where he is and stare--not that he would have a prayer of saving Full Metal Cookies from the ferocious aggron in any case. The mafia members are standing at ease, observing Full Metal Cookies' demise with considerably more satisfaction than greategret but, as the last remaining player watches the sun sink towards the horizon in fast motion, he realizes that they won't be so placid for long.

Indeed, as the last light ebbs from the sky the mafia turn their eyes away from the bloodstained aggron, which now standing quietly, its job fulfilled. Exchanging grins, they seem to share a common thought. It's night. And that can mean only one thing...

greategret lets out a squeak of fright as the trio turn their gaze towards him as one. They step forward, and he retreats, but ultimately there is nowhere for him to run. The cool night air shortly rings with the final scream of the last surviving innocent.

Full Metal Cookies is dead. She was not mafia. greategret is also dead. He was not mafia.

And so the mafia pull off their second win in a row! Congratulations to MidnightSaboteur, Grass King, and Blaziking for surviving to the bitter end. They each win a rare candy. Finally, honorable mentions go to Loco Mocho and blazheirio889, the other mafia-aligned players who weren't quite so lucky.

--

All right, so, one would ordinarily post the game log at this point but, funny story, I lost the flash drive that had all the game records on it in early December. When I asked everyone to PM me their role for the activity check, it wasn't so much because I wanted to see who was still alive, but moreso that I had forgotten who the alien was and whether they were still alive or not and was fishing for role information. As a result, the log below is abbreviated and unfortunately covers only the relatively boring part of the game. I don't know the exact role name for every player, but I got at least what their general category (i.e. "healer," "inspector") was.

A few notes on the game:

- If you look at the log carefully, you can see that if the mafia had chosen to kill greategret on the final day, rather than Full Metal Cookies, the later almost certainly would have won.

- The night that amused me the most isn't recorded in the log here, so I'll recount it as best I remember: basically, the mafia asked me whether or not they could choose *not* to kill for a night (answer: no). They figured out a way to get around this, however--by having blazheirio889 thunder wave MidnightSaboteur, the mafia leader, and thus preventing her night action. However, that night Kratos Aurion chose to redirect blazheirio889's actions towards himself, meaning that the thunder wave missed its target and the hit on Jack_the_PumpkinKing went through. The mafia never tried that trick again, so I don't know if they thought I had vetoed thunder wave's effect when directed towards the mafia leader, heh.

- You may notice that there are three, rather than two, variable roles listed in the player roster. This is because when I sent notifications to the mafia about what variable-aligned players had chosen to join them, I said something along the lines of "Grass King (blazheirio889) has chosen to join the mafia." MidnightSaboteur accidentally sent a PM to blazheirio889 instead of Grass King to welcome her to the mafia, which naturally caused some confusion and could potentially have compromised the mafia. I chose to let blazheirio889 to switch roles from a normal player to a mafia-aligned variable role and choose a power as normal to compensate.

--

Players

Grass King (Mafia-aligned, grasswhistle)
Full Metal Cookies (MurrMurr)
moon-panther (Jack_the_PumpkinKing)
Zora of Termina
Dragon (Healer)
OrngSumb
MurrMurr
Prettzel
greategret (Kindling Queen)
Twiggy for victory (Good-aligned, thunder wave)
Xaldin
Blaziking (Chiropter)
Animorph
Blastoise
Crazy Linoone (Healer)
thor165
Kratos Aurion (Grass King)
L'il Dwagie (rock-ground)
Chiropter
Jack_the_PumpkinKing (one of the twins; I don't remember the other)
Flora and Ashes
Kam
MidnightSaboteur (Animorph)
rock-ground
Involuntary Twitch
blazheirio889 (Mafia-aligned, thunder wave)
Loco Mocho - Mafia (Kratos Aurion)

-- Night 7 --

Grass King uses Grasswhistle on L'il Dwagie
greategret uses Destiny Bond on blazheirio889
Kratos Aurion distracts blazheirio889
The Mafia attack moon-panther
blazheirio889 uses Thunder Wave on Prettzel
moon-panther checks Prettzel's IP (response: INNOCENT)

moon-panther dies!

-- Day 7 --

L'il Dwagie dies!

-- Night 8 --

greategret uses Destiny Bond on Flora and Ashes
Grass King uses Grasswhistle on Kratos Aurion
The mafia attack Zora of Termina

Zora of Termina dies!

-- Day 8 --

blazheirio889 dies!

-- Night 9 --

greategret uses Destiny Bond on Kratos Aurion
The mafia attack Flora and Ashes
Grass King uses Grasswhistle on Kratos Aurion

Flora and Ashes dies!

-- Day 9 --

Kratos Aurion dies!
Prettzel dies!

-- Night 10 --

greategret uses destiny bond on MidnightSaboteur
Grass King uses Grasswhistle on Full Metal Cookies
The mafia attack OrngSumb

OrngSumb dies!

-- Day 10 --

Full Metal Cookies dies!

-- Night 10 --

greategret dies!
The mafia win!

Congrats, MS. It was a fun game, despite the fact that I got killed on Day 1.

...anyway, don't the winners get Rare Candies?

Well. It sucks that I was barking up the wrong tree pretty much the entire time, and winning would've been cool, but I rather enjoyed the outcome of this game. Primarily because it proves, oh shock, oh horror, that it *is* in fact possible for the Mafia to leave me alone for a few nights and still win the game. Aspiring dons would do well to keep this in mind!

...not that it matters, because I doubt I'll be playing too many more games on TCoD anyway. I'd much rather GM. I just need enough free time to devote to one, and then I can unleash the bus driver upon the unsuspecting masses. Mwahaha.

Well played, Midnight and the rest of the mafia at large.

Good game, people! It's a pity I don't get my rare candy *shakes fist at FMC* but hey, it was fun while it lasted.

Kratos, that was a really lucky distraction on your part, huh? :P We were planning to make the innocents think that MurrMurr had been activated with that TWave trick, though I'm not sure why we didn't try it again. But eh, it went both ways. We got our revenge in the end.

Congrats to my fellow Mafia members and the winners, and I'm looking forward to the next game.

Well, since I don't have an ASB account to speak of (or if I do, I certainly never use it), you can have my rare candy, Blazhy. :x

Whoa, FMC was alien? I thought for sure it was Twiggy; I didn't think she'd bluff like that.

Ha, the time I messed up with blazhy was kind of funny. I was like ">D welcome! ... wait, crap. /crap/. well um. okay, you're dead! sorry!" and blazhy was like "wait, let me talk with negrek to see if I can join!" and negrek was like "yeah that's cool :3b but you have to change your usertitle from "Player" to "Reaper" when you're found out!" and I was like "... seriously? best punishment." SO here we are.

I think we figured out that Kratos was furret when... she said that, later in the same day, right? And then I shrugged and called that plan off. We were going down the list, if you recall, and we were going to make it look like whoever that was that didn't get dead was alien. For whatever reason. Probably for fun; that's why I did the note thing too. :B

Anyway, as leader of the Safari Zone, (because I'm in a good mood after winning,) I'd like to give everyone who participated that has a Safari Zone account (hm, that's Grass King, Full Metal Cookies, moon-panther, Zora of Termina, Dragon, Xaldin, Blaziking, Blastoise, L'il Dwagie, Flora and Ashes, Kam, blazheirio889, and Loco Mocho) their choice of a meowth (who evolves into persian, both good mascots of the pokémon mafia) or an aron (who evolves into aggron, which is a pretty good mascot of the ASB Mafia, I think). (In the Safari Zone, of course, not ASB, if that wasn't clear.) (genders up to you!) (parenthetical remark!)

Uh... Seriously, Midnight? :'D You actually do have an ASB account (I dig through the old pages a lot), but eh, if you're sure you don't want it...! Would I link to that post, or does Midnight have to take it to the Black Market?

It was both funny and nervewracking for me. I was all "...uh, Grass King is with the Mafia, not me. ...Crap this means I'm going to die, aren't I?"

Back
Top Bottom