• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Would giving it X-Scissor and Poison Jab (or Cross Poison, although that's a bit too powerful) be acceptable? Most Pokemon learn Toxic, at the very least, and that's Poison type.

I can see your problems here, so I'll try to repost it. Let's see if I got it right this time...

[Grizzly Slash] Teddiursa F
Intimidate

Signature Attribute: Hackencut Claw Armor

Slash was originally a test subject at Hackencut Armor Co., a company that created armor. She was equipped with two powerful metal arms. These arms were equipped with humongous metal claws, giving its wearer access to a wide variety of moves.

However, this comes with a series of side-effects. For one, the arms are rather large and heavy. It also makes Slash look rather intimidating, screwing over all chances of luring opponents off guard.

Effects:

Slash gains access to X-Scissor and Poison Jab. She cannot use Fling, Focus Punch, Fire Punch, Belly Drum, Fake Tears, or Charm. (She can't fling if she doesn't have hands, she can't punch with these humongous claws, the fire would damage the metal claws, she'd cut herself to pieces if she used Belly Drum, and she's too intimidating for Fake Tears or Charm to work.)

Slash's humongous claws slow her down, effectively giving her a speed modifier of -6. It cannot be changed in any way, and cannot be given to the opponent through psych up or any other such moves.

In addition, each move used involving her claws requires 1% more energy to perform after all calculations, as a result of how heavy these claws are.

Slash's claws give her an intimidating appearance, changing her ability to Intimidate.
I'm still not totally pleased by the moves given up here, but I suppose I'll let it slide. Approved.

[Cybin] Shroomish (Female)
Ability: Poison Heal
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

Wallet - $5
Approved.

Wants a Mareep

[Sweetums] Mareep (F)
Ability: Cute Charm
Signature Attribute: Sweet Smell
Note: Shiny

Sweetums lived on a farm where the move Sweet Scent was used to herd the Mareeps. After having Sweet Scent used her so many times, her wool took in the scent of it. With the scent taken in, Sweetums' body soon became pink, making it a shiny. Now, whenever she battles, Pokemon are attracted to the aroma.

The farm became famous because all of the Mareep took in the Sweet Scent. The farm started a company that shaved the Mareep line for its sweet smelling wool. After, the Mareep would grow it back. Soon some of these Mareeps were given away to Trainers. These Mareeps also learned how to use Sweet Scent to boost the effect of its wool.

Effects: Sweetums gains the move Sweet Scent and loses the move Cotton Spore due to the wool being clumped, making her unable to excrete spores. She gains the ability Cute Charm instead of Static.

Fixed. Made simpler because it was too much of hassle with everything else.

I'm not sure if the Pokemon itself was approved. But the effect wasn't approved and I reposted it. I was wondering if I could even get the Pokemon approved.

Wants a Mareep

[Sweetums] Mareep (F)
Ability: Cute Charm
Signature Attribute: Sweet Smell
Note: Shiny

Sweetums lived on a farm where the move Sweet Scent was used to herd the Mareeps. After having Sweet Scent used her so many times, her wool took in the scent of it. With the scent taken in, Sweetums' body soon became pink, making it a shiny. Now, whenever she battles, Pokemon are attracted to the aroma.

The farm became famous because all of the Mareep took in the Sweet Scent. The farm started a company that shaved the Mareep line for its sweet smelling wool. After, the Mareep would grow it back. Soon some of these Mareeps were given away to Trainers. These Mareeps also learned how to use Sweet Scent to boost the effect of its wool.

Effects: Sweetums gains the move Sweet Scent and loses the move Cotton Spore due to the wool being clumped, making her unable to excrete spores. She gains the ability Cute Charm instead of Static.

Fixed. Made simpler because it was too much of hassle with everything else.

For future reference, please (copy-paste) repost attributes instead of quoting them, since quote tags are omitted in new quotes - but anyway. Nothing seems wrong with the attribute, so Approved for both.

Also - it's usually suggested you complete a Pokémon purchase before approving an attribute, since if it's turned down for an unapproved Poké you have to re-do bank links, which tends to be a.. hassle. More a suggestion on that part, though.

...The post above? l: It's a general convenience that -every- time you post an attribute it's not in quote tags.

And yes, what I mean is if that attribute had been turned down, you wouldn't have owned the Mareep itself either, and so the next time you tried with a reformed attribute you'd have posted links for purchasing the Mareep over again. You purchase it first, and then try however many times you like freely to add a mod, is the generally suggested way of doing so.

Hey guess what? I'm getting a Togepi!

I'd usually use some historical battle for its name, but I'm making an exception.

[Eggscalibur]Togepi (M) <Serene Grace>
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

And I'm 10 bucks poorer.

This coupon will grant me several tries at a signature move for Colias Palaeno.

[Colias Palaeno] Butterfree (M)
Ability: Compoundeyes
Signature Move: Coupon Distribution

Colias Palaeno has a strong concern for the touristic industry of Babahl. That, and his naïve yet kind nature, have originated a habit of handing coupons out frequently. The coupons Colias distributes usually can only be claimed in Babahl.

So as long as he can put the pile of coupons somewhere, he will not hesitate in giving one away.

Type: Normal / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Varies / Energy: 1% / Duration: 1 action

This move cannot be used if there is no reasonable place in the arena where a stack of coupons could be placed within Colias Palaeno's reach. When this move is used, a randomly chosen coupon will be given to a randomly chosen trainer on the arena. The coupons are as follows:
- Sightseeing Tour: This coupon grants one (1) free tour to Babahl's landmarks. Has no effect whatsoever in battle.
- Babahlese Feast: This coupon grants one (1) table filled with traditional Babahlese cuisine. There are twenty (20) different plates, ten (10) which can be eaten in one (1) action for five (5%) health points, and ten (10) which can be eaten in two (2) actions for ten (10%) health points.
- Babahlese Currency: This coupon grants nine (9) Babahlese units of currency to the trainer that receives it; in ASB dollars, the value is approximately equal to one ($1) dollar, which can be claimed along with other prizes after the battle is over.
- Steel Samurai Private Tutoring: This coupon grants four (4) martial arts classes with none other than the Steel Samurai himself. The trainer that receives this coupon can attach one (1) experience point to any Pokémon in their active squad along with other prizes after the battle is over.
- Babahlese Combat Gear: This coupon grants one (1) uniform worn by the Babahlese Army, which boosts Defense and Special Defense by 1+ each.
- Good Luck Charm: This coupon grants one (1) traditional Babahlese good luck charm to wear as a hold item in addition to all others. It cannot be flung, and will place the holder's attacks one Critical Hit domain higher than usual.
- "Allebahst Sucks" Shirt: This coupon grants one (1) shirt with very respectful and mature critique toward the Kingdom of Allebahst. A Pokémon wearing this shirt will quietly be stalked by the Allebahstian Army and, three actions after receiving the shirt, struck from behind by bullet fire (causing 7% physical steel-type damage) and cheap shots from weaponless infantry (causing 5% physical dark-type damage).
- Anvilicious Surprise: This coupon grants one (1) anvil made with minerals extracted from Babahlese mines. It claims itself immediately, and this may prove slightly inconvenient for the receiver. Any trainer receiving this coupon will get an anvil dropped on their Pokémon, dealing 10% physical steel-type damage and causing the effects of Minimize (including the evasion boost).
- Poke Primidux: This coupon grants permission to touch the Primidux Statue for one (1) day. It can be used as a battering weapon to inflict 5% physical steel-type damage. Overusing the statue may break it, causing the Babahlese Army to invade the battlefield and shoot the Pokémon responsible for 7% physical steel-type damage per action, during three actions.
- Babahlese Ink: This coupon grants one (1) bottle of Babahlese Ink, which can act as a hold item in addition to all others. The ink is made of highly flammable Whitcrystal Oil that produces bright bluish-green flames when set alight; thus, it is possible to burn the bottle as well. When flung, it causes 8% base damage and shatters, leaving the foe soiled with ink and thus flammable (in most cases). If the bottle is flung while on fire, it causes a burn as well.
Usage Gap: once per match

This coupon will grant me several tries at a signature move for Colias Palaeno.

Colias Palaeno has a strong concern for the touristic industry of Babahl. That, and his naïve yet kind nature, have originated a habit of handing coupons out frequently. The coupons Colias distributes usually can only be claimed in Babahl.

So as long as he can put the pile of coupons somewhere, he will not hesitate in giving one away.

Type: Normal / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Varies / Energy: 1% / Duration: 1 action

This move cannot be used if there is no reasonable place in the arena where a stack of coupons could be placed within Colias Palaeno's reach. When this move is used, a randomly chosen coupon will be given to a randomly chosen trainer on the arena. The coupons are as follows:
- Sightseeing Tour: This coupon grants one (1) free tour to Babahl's landmarks. Has no effect whatsoever in battle.
- Babahlese Feast: This coupon grants one (1) table filled with traditional Babahlese cuisine. There are twenty (20) different plates, ten (10) which can be eaten in one (1) action for five (5%) health points, and ten (10) which can be eaten in two (2) actions for ten (10%) health points.
- Babahlese Currency: This coupon grants nine (9) Babahlese units of currency to the trainer that receives it; in ASB dollars, the value is approximately equal to one ($1) dollar, which can be claimed along with other prizes after the battle is over.
- Steel Samurai Private Tutoring: This coupon grants four (4) martial arts classes with none other than the Steel Samurai himself. The trainer that receives this coupon can attach one (1) experience point to any Pokémon in their active squad along with other prizes after the battle is over.
- Babahlese Combat Gear: This coupon grants one (1) uniform worn by the Babahlese Army, which boosts Defense and Special Defense by 1+ each.
- Good Luck Charm: This coupon grants one (1) traditional Babahlese good luck charm to wear as a hold item in addition to all others. It cannot be flung, and will place the holder's attacks one Critical Hit domain higher than usual.
- "Allebahst Sucks" Shirt: This coupon grants one (1) shirt with very respectful and mature critique toward the Kingdom of Allebahst. A Pokémon wearing this shirt will quietly be stalked by the Allebahstian Army and, three actions after receiving the shirt, struck from behind by bullet fire (causing 7% physical steel-type damage) and cheap shots from weaponless infantry (causing 5% physical dark-type damage).
- Anvilicious Surprise: This coupon grants one (1) anvil made with minerals extracted from Babahlese mines. It claims itself immediately, and this may prove slightly inconvenient for the receiver. Any trainer receiving this coupon will get an anvil dropped on their Pokémon, dealing 10% physical steel-type damage and causing the effects of Minimize (including the evasion boost).
- Poke Primidux: This coupon grants permission to touch the Primidux Statue for one (1) day. It can be used as a battering weapon to inflict 5% physical steel-type damage. Overusing the statue may break it, causing the Babahlese Army to invade the battlefield and shoot the Pokémon responsible for 7% physical steel-type damage per action, during three actions.
- Babahlese Ink: This coupon grants one (1) bottle of Babahlese Ink, which can act as a hold item in addition to all others. The ink is made of highly flammable Whitcrystal Oil that produces bright bluish-green flames when set alight; thus, it is possible to burn the bottle as well. When flung, it causes 8% base damage and shatters, leaving the foe soiled with ink and thus flammable (in most cases). If the bottle is flung while on fire, it causes a burn as well.

I know I said this looked ok in VMs, but I just noticed the energy cost- I don't think 1% energy is anywhere near enough for a skill that can potentially heal 10% health or deal up to 12% damage, even if there's a chance it might not. I'm not sure whether the cost could be negotiated down because it can totally backfire on the user, but unless anyone else says so I'd look at raising the energy at least two or three points. There should also be a little clarification as to what constitutes "overusing" the Primidux Statue, come to think of it.

This coupon grants a revised version, then.

Type: Normal / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Varies / Energy: 4% / Duration: 1
action

- Poke Primidux: This coupon grants permission to touch the Primidux Statue for one (1) day. It can be used as a battering weapon to inflict 5% physical steel-type damage. Overusing the statue (4 blows in a row or 10 blows overall) may break it, causing the Babahlese Army to invade the battlefield and shoot the Pokémon responsible for 7% physical steel-type damage per action, during three actions.

Signature attribute for my Sableye~ :3 yay for matching attributes.

[Sable] Sableye (F)
Ability: Keen Eye
Signature Attribute: Two of a Kind - Left Half

Sable forms one half of a couple with another Pokemon, a Spinda named Katanna. The two are very close, so close even, that they can support each other in combat, when they're fighting together. When her partner is on the battlefield alongside her, Sable becomes much more confident, which gives her a +2 bonus to both Attack and Special Attack, as well as all attacks made against her having a -5% reduction to the chance to make her flinch.

In addition, she is used to her partner's...strangeness...and is thus immune to the confusion caused by Katanna's Teeter Dance attack. Finally, both being committed to their relationship to where they would not even pretend to cheat on one-another, Sable cannot use nor be affected by the Attract move/effect. This effect is always active even when both are not on the field together.

Effects: While on the field with L'il Dwagie's Spinda, Katanna, Sable will be granted a +2 to Attack and Special Attack. This boost may not be used to exceed the usual +6 limit. In addition, all attacks made against her will have a -5% reduction to cause the 'Flinch' effect. She is also immune to confusion caused by Katanna's Teeter Dance, and cannot use or be affected by Attract.

Last edited:

Woo simulattribute 8D nyan~ x3

[Katanna] Spinda (Female)
<Own Tempo>
Signature Attribute: Two Of a Kind - Right Half

Katanna forms one half of a couple with another Pokemon, a Sableye named Sable. The two are very close, so close even, that they can support each other in combat, when they're fighting together. When her partner is on the battlefield alongside her, Katanna becomes much more resilient, which gives her a +2 bonus to both Defence and Special Defence. In addition, she is rather keen to her partner's... Shiftiness... and will sometimes take a page from her book and imbue an attack with an overwhelming surprise, intimidation, or outright distraction, granting her a 5% chance to cause the Flinch effect when attacking.
Finally, both being committed to their relationship to where they would not even pretend to cheat on one-another, Katanna cannot use nor be affected by the Attract move/effect. This effect is always active even when both are not on the field together.

Effects:
While on the field with Full Metal Cookie's Sableye, 'Sable', Katanna will be granted a +2 to Defence and Special Defence. This boost may not be used to exceed the usual +6 limit. In addition, all her attacks will have an added 5% chance to cause the 'Flinch' effect.
Can neither use or be affected by the 'Attract' effect. This is always active.

Last edited:

This coupon grants a revised version, then.

Type: Normal / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Varies / Energy: 4% / Duration: 1
action

- Poke Primidux: This coupon grants permission to touch the Primidux Statue for one (1) day. It can be used as a battering weapon to inflict 5% physical steel-type damage. Overusing the statue (4 blows in a row or 10 blows overall) may break it, causing the Babahlese Army to invade the battlefield and shoot the Pokémon responsible for 7% physical steel-type damage per action, during three actions.
For the Bahbalese Feast, can both trainer's pokémon eat from it, or only those belonging to the one that received the coupon?

No distributing extra experience points.

In a doubles or higher match, do all of the trainer's pokémon get anvilled by Anvilicious Surprise, or only one?

Signature attribute for my Sableye~ :3 yay for matching attributes.

[Sable] Sableye (F)
Ability: Keen Eye
Signature Attribute: Two of a Kind - Left Half

Sable forms one half of a couple with another Pokemon, a Spinda named Katanna. The two are very close, so close even, that they can support each other in combat, when they're fighting together. When her partner is on the battlefield alongside her, Sable becomes much more confident, which gives her a +2 bonus to both Attack and Special Attack, as well as all attacks made against her having a -5% reduction to the chance to make her flinch.

In addition, she is used to her partner's...strangeness...and is thus immune to the confusion caused by Katanna's Teeter Dance attack. Finally, both being committed to their relationship to where they would not even pretend to cheat on one-another, Sable cannot use nor be affected by the Attract move/effect. This effect is always active even when both are not on the field together.

Effects: While on the field with L'il Dwagie's Spinda, Katanna, Sable will be granted a +2 to Attack and Special Attack. This boost may not be used to exceed the usual +6 limit. In addition, all attacks made against her will have a -5% reduction to cause the 'Flinch' effect. She is also immune to confusion caused by Katanna's Teeter Dance, and cannot use or be affected by Attract.

Woo simulattribute 8D nyan~ x3

[Katanna] Spinda (Female)
<Own Tempo>
Signature Attribute: Two Of a Kind - Right Half

Katanna forms one half of a couple with another Pokemon, a Sableye named Sable. The two are very close, so close even, that they can support each other in combat, when they're fighting together. When her partner is on the battlefield alongside her, Katanna becomes much more resilient, which gives her a +2 bonus to both Defence and Special Defence. In addition, she is rather keen to her partner's... Shiftiness... and will sometimes take a page from her book and imbue an attack with an overwhelming surprise, intimidation, or outright distraction, granting her a 5% chance to cause the Flinch effect when attacking.
Finally, both being committed to their relationship to where they would not even pretend to cheat on one-another, Katanna cannot use nor be affected by the Attract move/effect. This effect is always active even when both are not on the field together.

Effects:
While on the field with Full Metal Cookie's Sableye, 'Sable', Katanna will be granted a +2 to Defence and Special Defence. This boost may not be used to exceed the usual +6 limit. In addition, all her attacks will have an added 5% chance to cause the 'Flinch' effect.
Can neither use or be affected by the 'Attract' effect. This is always active.
To both attributes: make them +1 to each stat affected, and I assume that they're persistent, meaning that they can't be e.g. psych upped, heart swapped, and they reset to that level after haze rather than to zero. You need something to address that, unless you want them to work just like normal status boosts.

I'd like to purchase an Alrunnik~ It hasn't been added to the first post yet but it was approved here

[Astrid] Alrunnik (F)
Ability: Unaware

bank link

I'd like to purchase an Alrunnik~ It hasn't been added to the first post yet but it was approved here

[Astrid] Alrunnik (F)
Ability: Unaware

bank link

I might be wrong about this, but I think you still need a second approval, as moony's approval was before you made changes to it.

Awh. I'm pretty sure moony would approve it anyway, but... :c I'll wait if I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom