• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blackthorne Steele vs X-Scissor (Ref: Negrek)

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
X-Scissor said:
3 vs 3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Six days and 23 hours and 59 minutes
Damage Cap: 25
Banned Moves: Super effective moves and One-Hit-KOs (Whew this'll be a challenge)
Arena: Snowfield

The snowfield is a big field of snow that is outside somewhere in an abandoned land that no one knows about. It has a pillar on one side with an Abomasnow on it and another pillar on the other side with a Mamoswine on it. It's pretty small, Pokemon that're bigger than Steelix couldn't fit between the pillars. It is big and rectangular and nobody has battled in it for the last three years. It's basically a 32-foot long blizzard, because it's been snowing since 1986, and hasn't stopped at all EVER since then. Ten years ago, an Articuno was spotted above it and was caught by a mystery trainer.

Other: The weather condition is hail. Anybody up to the challenge?
X-Scissor's Squad said:
[Blaze] cyndaquil (M)

[Hoppy] hoppip (M)

[Phineh] phione (X)
Blackthorne Steele's Squad said:
[Nightstalker] scyther (M) <Swarm>

[Cliff] aron (M) <Rock Head>

[Nipper] carvanha (M)

1. Blackthorne Steele sends out
2. X-Scissor sends out and attacks
3. Blackthorne Steele attacks

Last edited:
Thank you OHSOMUCH Negrek, I've been here since late December/Early January and I finally got a ref.

LET'S KICK SOME ASS NIGHTSTALKER! *Dramatic Pokéball throw* Oh, and Nightstalker is male, just so you know.

Scyther

Okay, I send out Phineh.

Phione comes out and uses Acid Armor, then moves to the left and uses Bubblebeam, then uses Protect.

Acid Armor ~ Bubblebeam ~ Protect

Last edited:
Stalker, power yourself up a bit, zip forward and rip him! Then, while he does that cheap Protect, Swords Dance!

Focus Energy~X-Scissor~Swords Dance

(Haha, X-Scissor, your own name shall turn out to be your demise!)

EDIT: I also so obtained <Joseph: Night SHADE>'s Trapinch off of the Black Market and tranfered him from the computer terminal to my Active Squad, if Pokémon can be placed on my squad here during battle.

Last edited:
Icy winds howl through the snowfield, the same as they have for over two decades. The weatherbeaten old pillars that mark the edges of the arena are half-buried beneath drifts of white powder, and the deep snow all around lies smooth and undisturbed. It's been quite some time since any have braved the elements in order to venture out to this remote place.

Today, however, three adventurous souls have come to have a battle in this desolate arena. It's impossible to tell who is who, bundled up as they all are in bulky parkas, face masks, and goggles; they communicate through hand gestures, the howling wind easily drowning out their voices, and after some confusion manage to get themselves arranged around the battlefield, the two challengers facing one another and the referee off to one side. At some signal obscured by the blizzard, the trainers hurl their pokéballs to the center of the ring and release their fighters in twin flashes of light.

On one side of the arena, Nightstalker the scyther immediately sinks his claws deep into the snow, bending into the wind to brace himself against the fury of the gale. The scyther watches his opponent with eyes narrowed against pelting ice; Phineh the phione doesn't look much happier than him, being sunk nearly up to its midriff in the snow and with its antennae being blown every which way by the blizzard's gusts. The scyther draws his blades across one another as he waits for the battle to begin--and hopefully it will do so soon; certainly nobody wants to remain here longer than they have to.

Round One

Blackthorne Steele (OOO)
scyther
Nightstalker (M) <Swarm>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands:
- Freezing already.

X-Scissor (OOO)
phione
Phineh (X) <Hydration>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands:
- Mired in deep snow.

Nightstalker crosses his blades over his chest, closing his eyes for a moment as he collects himself, shoving aside the stiffness in his joins caused by the biting cold and the sting of ice pelting his body. His attention is focused solely on the battle and thoughts of winning. Meanwhile, glands in Phineh's skin begin to secrete a thick mucous, slathering its entire body with a sticky coat of slime that traps in moisture and provides a protective barrier against the elements.

With his mind prepared, Nighstalker opens his eyes again, ready to begin the fight in earnest. Dashing forward as best he can despite the hindering snow, the scyther comes to stand over his smaller opponent, scythes raised and edged with green light. He brings them slicing down in a neat X-cut, biting into Phineh's chest. The phione responds by blasting a thick stream of bubbles at the scyther's face; though its aim proves a little off, plenty of the attack still strike's Nighstalker's head, driving him back a pace.

Phineh then folds its hands in front of it, channeling energy out into a faint, translucent shield that surrounds it in a bubble of protective force. The protect sizzles and sparks as snow is driven up against it, and Nightstalker smirks at the sight; well, no point in attacking now. He might as well take this opportunity to raise his fighting prowess some more. The scyther's blades flash through the air as he moves from fighting stance to fighting stance, progressing fluidly through different forms as he practices his striking positions and boosts his confidence.

Blackthorne Steele (OOO)
scyther
Nightstalker (M) <Swarm>
Health: 93%
Energy: 90%
Used: Focus Energy ~ X-Scissor ~ Swords Dance
- Self-assured and ready to get down to business. Focused. +2 Attack

X-Scissor (OOO)
phione
Phineh (X) <Hydration>
Health: 90%
Energy: 91%
Used: Acid Armor ~ Bubblebeam ~ Protect
- In good shape. Rather slimy. +2 Defense

Terrain Notes
A perpetual blizzard pounds the arena (hail in effect).

Final Notes
- The team you have when a battle thread is created is the team that you use over the course of the whole fight; any changes you make to your team in the interim are irrelevant.
- Phineh's bubblebeam was a glancing blow.
- Blackthorne Steele attacks first next round.

(I READ THIS AT 8:56 WHEE)

Hmm... well, a Defense boost will be a small problem but we can manage, I'm sure. Go ahead and whip him. Seriously, kill him. First, go all-offensive, bringing him down is first. We'll double our critical hits with some choice attacks, perhaps? If he Protects, Detects, Subtitutes, or boosts his stats, boost your own stats the first two times -- after that, go ahead and rest, battling can be rough on you.

Slash/Swords Dance~Slash/Swords Dance~Night Slash/Chill

Sorry, I had so much school work.

Phineh jumped in the air and used Bubblebeam, then came back down and used Tail Glow. Then, used Protect again.

Bubblebeam ~ Tail Glow ~ Protect

Originally Posted by X-Scissor
3 vs 3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Six days and 23 hours and 59 minutes
Damage Cap: 25
Banned Moves: Super effective moves and One-Hit-KOs (Whew this'll be a challenge)
Arena: Snowfield

The snowfield is a big field of snow that is outside somewhere in an abandoned land that no one knows about. It has a pillar on one side with an Abomasnow on it and another pillar on the other side with a Mamoswine on it. It's pretty small, Pokemon that're bigger than Steelix couldn't fit between the pillars. It is big and rectangular and nobody has battled in it for the last three years. It's basically a 32-foot long blizzard, because it's been snowing since 1986, and hasn't stopped at all EVER since then. Ten years ago, an Articuno was spotted above it and was caught by a mystery trainer.

Other: The weather condition is hail. Anybody up to the challenge?

Blackthorne Steele (OOO)
Scyther
[Nightstalker] Scyther (M)
Swarm Ability
Health: 93%
Energy: 90%
Slash/Swords Dance~Slash/Swords Dance~Night Slash/Chill
Status: Self-assured and ready to get down to business. Focused. +2 Attack

X-Scissor (OOO)
Phione
[Phineh] Phione (X)
Hydration Ability
Health: 90%
Energy: 91%
Bubblebeam ~ Tail Glow (Failed) ~ Protect

Round 2

Nightstalker charges through the relentless snow towards his target. He slashes Phineh harshly across the previous wounds in the chest, blood trickling a little out of said open wounds. The Phione shrieks in agony, though does not hesitate to counterattack, and leaps up, again firing a steady stream of bubbles into the Scyther’s face. Nightstalker retreats to his original position to escape the bombardment.

Once the Phione stops launching bubbles, Nightstalker wastes no time in speeding back towards the little blue opponent, once again slashing it painfully across the chest, causing Phineh to squeal. This time, Nightstalker turns and flees back to his original position before the Phione can react. He need not have worried, however. The poor Phione doesn’t seem to understand what the trainer expects.

Instead, the Phione carries out the next order in the hopes it will be enough. Again, the little blue creature’s arms rise out in front of it, creating a semi-transparent bubble of green energy. Phineh sighs in relief as the hail is momentarily held at bay. Meanwhile, Nightstalker notices the green bubble that has reappeared around Phineh, and again sees no point in trying to attack. Instead, he closes his eyes and tries to relax his body, though this proves slightly more difficult than it otherwise would due to the falling hail.

Round 2 Results

Blackthorne Steele (OOO)
Scyther
[Nightstalker] Scyther (M)
Swarm Ability
Health: 79%
Energy: 88%
Slash ~ Slash ~ Chill
Status: Hating the hail and the cold, but otherwise feeling all right. Focused. +2 Attack

X-Scissor (OOO)
Phione
[Phineh] Phione (X)
Hydration Ability
Health: 70%
Energy: 84%
Bubblebeam ~ Tail Glow ~ Protect
Status: Pains in the chest, but still eager to continue. Rather slimy. +2 Defense​

Round 2 Notes
-I’ve picked this up at the request of Blackthorne Steele and with Negrek’s approval for an e-ref.
-Since Manaphy can’t be obtained in ASB, and as far as I know, there are no rules for Phione, I’m treating it as a Pokémon that doesn’t evolve for this battle. Not that this matters a great deal for the damage calculations, just thought it something I should point out.
-According to both Veekun and Serebii, Phione can’t learn Tail Glow. I suppose that is Manaphy-only.
-X-Scissor attacks next.

Last edited:
Okay, well, X-Scissor hasn't come back and I guess is now disqualified. As promised, I've freed you, Blackthorne. :D

Anyway, both Nightstalker and Phineh still get one exp for being sent out. As for the money prizes, Blackthorne Steel gets $8, and I would get $5, but seeing as how this was an E-reffing, I'm pretty sure the original ref (Negrek) gets half of that for starting it in the first place, which I assume is just rounded to $2 apiece.

Back
Top Bottom