• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

blazheirio889 & Fish and Ships vs. RandomTyphoon & Kam

In the final comments, it said Water Pulse hit. If Eledancia was hit by Ice Beam in addition, her health would be much lower, I'd think.

Hmm... In that case, Eledancia's health is much higher than I'd expect. Also I just noticed she only seemed to use 2% energy this round, which must mean that she had Chilled, so forget about that.

pffft I mistyped yet another health total

I really should start not letting there be long time gaps between calculating and reffing

also yeah, maybe I was a tad unclear, but Ice Beam and Chill were both used successfully

Okay. This does not look good, no it does not. We're pretty much screwed (damnit I should not have banned Destiny Bond). Stay a good distance away from Frosty so he can't get you with any short-range attacks, and Protect against any Blizzards, Ice Beams, Shadow Balls, Energy Balls, Giga Drains, Natural Gifts, or Seed Bombs. Snatch any Chills, and if Frosty does something else other than the plethora of attacks I listed above, Chill yourself.

Next action is practically the same. This time, though, try to dodge the mentioned attacks to the best of your ability with Shadow Sneak.

Action three, you're back to using Protect.

Protect/Snatch/Chill ~ Shadow Sneak/Snatch/Chill ~ Protect/Snatch/Chill

Doesn't say anything about not using Water Pulse...!

Water Pulse. Stop using it when it gets confused, at which point switch to Icy Wind.

Worry Seed on action 3 to prevent it from Resting.

Water Pulse/Icy Wind ~ Water Pulse/Icy Wind ~ Worry Seed

1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 Tag Battle (four people, one Pokemon per person)
Style: Set (like we have a choice)
DQ time: Standard week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Destiny Bond.
Restricted Moves: chills limited to 5 per Pokemon, direct healing limited to 1 per Pokemon
Notes: The teams will be arranged as follows: me (blazheirio889) with Fish and Ships versus RandomTyphoon and Kammington. En garde!

Round 6

Boring Team With Names That End With Different Sounds:

blazheirio889 (O)
Currently out: Eledancia
Ralts
Female Ralts
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 25%
Energy: 29%
Condition: Not, by any means, pleased with taking the fall.
Commands: Protect/Snatch/Chill ~ Shadow Sneak/Snatch/Chill ~ Protect/Snatch/Chilll

Unexciting Team With Names That End With The Same Sound:

Kam (O)
Currently out: Frosty
Snover
Male Snover
Ability: Snow Warning
Health: 95%
Energy: 43%
Status: Ingrain active. Imprisoned (Taunt, Trick Room, Protect, Mimic, Dark Pulse; 1 action left).
Condition: Angered toward Eledancia
Commands: Water Pulse/Icy Wind ~ Water Pulse/Icy Wind ~ Worry Seed

Arena: Someplace Boring
Yes, it’s someplace boring. So boring, in fact, that whoever discovered it couldn’t be arsed to think of a name for it. So why are a whooping four trainers congregating here to have a battle? Because we can’t be zipping around with Adrenapacks or swiping Pokemon from another trainer’s party or getting drunk at bars in Manhattan every day. There’s only so much excitement and exhilaration a citizen of Asber can contain before they implode.

Anyway, moving on with the actual description. Someplace Boring is a large, grassy field dotted with trees and small lakes. The trees are generally rather large, with thick, spreading branches crowned with thickets of leaves. While sturdy, the trees obviously have a limit, and branches can be snapped off with powerful attacks or simply sheer weight. The lakes, though small, are large enough to accommodate the average water Pokemon, and can supply water for moves such as Surf.

The ground is easy on the feet: lush, soft, and springy. It’s easily torn, though, so Pokemon will have no trouble using Dig and the like. Additionally, there is enough sand and small debris to go around, enabling the use of Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, etc.
Arena status: A boring hailstorm is pouring down the boring battlefield.

-----​

Eledancia was having a rough time trying to get her set of commands straight. Blizzard, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Giga Gift, Natural Drain... Wait, weren't these the other way around? And was Magical Leaf among all the projectiles? What about Seed Bomb, was it there too or was it not?

As a blast of sound and water blew her off balance, however, the only command she could possibly execute was that of lieing around and having a break.

As she rested, one more Water Pulse struck her. Her body felt weak. Her resolve was fading. Not even her own trainer was very confident about this match anymore, let alone herself. Once more hit before a reaction could be mustered up, she took to taking more of a break.

As she slowly rose up, she saw her opponent with his hands near his mouth. Judging that one more of those damned projectiles was to be fired, she bothered not remember whether it was listed; she just prepared herself to protect as soon as she saw a blue attack fly towards her direction.

That never happened. Frosty had instead spat a seed a into his hand, which he then flung -- with spetacular effort, thanks to his deep-dug roots -- against his target. Speaking of roots, as soon as the seed neared its prey's body, it spread its own roots, connecting itself to the Ralts' nerves.

Soon, the attack began to take effect. A wave of worries struck blazheirio889's Pokémon. Would she manage to win this match? Would she even leave alive? For how longer would she have to deal with the ever-growing Leech Seed? What would happen if this new seed crossed pathes with the previously planted one? And what about this damned hailstorm? Would she ever forgive herself if she failed to fully avenge her poor fallen teammate? Would she ever manage to show her face around Pancake again if so destiny played?

Her mind raced so much she could not even track down her enemy's mental activity anymore. All she could do was try to rest, even while riddled with these interminable questions.

Round 6 – End

blazheirio889 (O)
Ralts
Female Ralts
Ability: Insomnia
Health: 11%
Energy: 59%
Status: Speed -2. Leech Seeded (Considerable). Worry Seeded.
Condition: On the verge of being driven temporarily insane.

Kam (O)
Snover
Male Snover
Health: 100%
Energy: 31%
Condition: Feeling superior due to a perceived lack of resistance.​

Additional notes:
- I don't know whether I would let a conditional involving so many attacks slide, but I suppose that was irrelevant.
- Neither Water Pulse induced confusion, if that's worth the mention.
- Having two battlers down really shortens the reffing, doesn't it.
- Kam attacks first next round. hell yes everyone is alone too now

I'm not sure if Eledancia Chilled on the last action, but she already Chilled once before, so she should have hit her Chill limit, right?

...huh. I could've sworn I had limited it to three. That's what I usually do at any rate.

Ah, well, better for me that I hadn't! :D

Use Shadow Ball if she makes a directly offensive maneuver or uses Encore. If she tries to inflict a status condition, wait for her to inflict it upon you and then use Facade (unless it's sleep: in this case, Shadow Ball). Chill in all other situations.

Shadow Ball/wait to be hit, then Facade/Chill x3

There's definitely a loophole here...

Alright, let's see. First Pain Split (you saw that coming from a mile away!).

Then, Hypnosis, and do your best to catch Frosty's attention: arm-waving, yelling, maybe a few universally-recognized rude gestures, I don't know! But it's quite vital that this Hypnosis hits. Try to execute it as fast as you can, too - since Frosty needs to see what you'll do before reacting, let's see if we can't put him to sleep before he can finish charging up that Shadow Ball.

Finally, regardless of whatever happened in action two, Trick Room.

Pain Split ~ Hypnosis ~ Trick Room

1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 Tag Battle (four people, one Pokemon per person)
Style: Set (like we have a choice)
DQ time: Standard week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Destiny Bond.
Restricted Moves: chills limited to 5 per Pokemon, direct healing limited to 1 per Pokemon
Notes: The teams will be arranged as follows: me (blazheirio889) with Fish and Ships versus RandomTyphoon and Kammington. En garde!

Round 7

blazheirio889 (O)
Ralts
Female Ralts
Health: 11%
Energy: 59%
Status: Speed -2. Leech Seeded (Considerable). Worry Seeded.
Condition: On the verge of being driven temporarily insane.
Commands: Pain Split ~ Hypnosis ~ Trick Room

Kam (O)
Snover
Male Snover
Holding: Lucky Egg
Health: 100%
Energy: 31%
Condition: Feeling superior due to a perceived lack of resistance.
Commands: Shadow Ball/Facade (Wait)/Chill ~ Shadow Ball/Facade (Wait)/Chill ~ Shadow Ball/Facade (Wait)/Chill

Arena: Someplace Boring
Yes, it’s someplace boring. So boring, in fact, that whoever discovered it couldn’t be arsed to think of a name for it. So why are a whooping four trainers congregating here to have a battle? Because we can’t be zipping around with Adrenapacks or swiping Pokemon from another trainer’s party or getting drunk at bars in Manhattan every day. There’s only so much excitement and exhilaration a citizen of Asber can contain before they implode.

Anyway, moving on with the actual description. Someplace Boring is a large, grassy field dotted with trees and small lakes. The trees are generally rather large, with thick, spreading branches crowned with thickets of leaves. While sturdy, the trees obviously have a limit, and branches can be snapped off with powerful attacks or simply sheer weight. The lakes, though small, are large enough to accommodate the average water Pokemon, and can supply water for moves such as Surf.

The ground is easy on the feet: lush, soft, and springy. It’s easily torn, though, so Pokemon will have no trouble using Dig and the like. Additionally, there is enough sand and small debris to go around, enabling the use of Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, etc.

-----​

Eledancia was in a terrible state. Her flickering consciousness coexisted with her massive surge of stress, all while the Leech Seed grew ever larger, slowly beggining to cripple her movement. Her condition indicated that, most probably, the match was not going to last much longer. Be it to cause or delay the end of the now one-on-one duel, commands were issued.

Frosty tried to settle down on the lush and comfortable ground, but his roots said otherwise, so he resorted to resting on his feet. Meanwhile, his opponent first attempted to shut out all of her worries so as to re-establish mental contact with him, then performed the task of equalizing their spirits, which was terribly excruciating given how differently they were doing.

Met with a sudden wave of fatigue, the Snover was far less than pleased. He waited for the attack to come; it was a broadcast of hypnotic waves. However, the earlier brain function alterations allowed him to barely resist the attack. Recognizing that he was hit with a potentially sleep-inducing attack, he made his angry counterstrike chanelling the occult powers of boredom from the arena to use a Ghost-type attack; namely, an ethereal blast of shadows, which was forceful enough to send the re-vitalized target tumbling backwards.

Rising to her feet, the Ralts once more booted her psychic-type powers, though she was gasping heavily for breath. As she accessed the flow of time, she grew weaker and weaker. Finally, after a ton of effort, she managed to reverse it... To no end, however, as being so overworked caused her to collapse right after she was successful. As she gave in to her tiredness, she envied her resting foe, and wished she would ever have an opportunity to avenge her fallen teammate.

All Pokémon were recalled. The winning team made a boring celebration, the losing team reacted boringly, and the referee boringly distributed the prize money -- including his own boring share -- feeling the relief of seeing the arena undamaged, except maybe for the things that would not resist long enough to thaw safely from the icy cover that the seven-round long hailstorn brought.

Round 7 – End

blazheirio889 (O)
Ralts
Female Ralts
Health: 56%
Energy: 0%
Condition: Lying on the ground, looking as though she had been trying to crawl.

Kam (O)
Snover
Male Snover
Holding: Lucky Egg
Health: 47%
Energy: 45%
Condition: Surprised by opening his eyes to find his enemy down.​

Arena status: A boring hailstorm is pouring down the boring battlefield. The unexciting flow of boring time is reversed in a way that amuses no one.

Additional notes:
- Hypnosis on the second action missed. Though not that it really changed anything, as...
- Pain Split takes a lot of energy to use when there's a big difference between the healthes of the user and the target. Using two more attacks after that energy killed Eledancia on the third action.

Congratulations, Unexciting Team With Names That End With The Same Sound. That was a short battle, but I feel like it's been actually quite long. Maybe because reffing twelve moves a round made it feel like there was much more going on.

Anyway, these be the prizes.
- Sixteen bucks for RandomTyphoon and Kam.
- Six bucks for blazheirio889 and Green.
- Ten bucks for me.
- Frosty earns five points of experience.
- Dexter earns three points of experience.
- Eledancia earns two points of experience.
- Pancake earns one point of experience.

Unless I forget something, that's all, folks.

Last edited:
Ah, I feel like I'm being a sore loser here, but Eledancia's Pain Split healed her 45 health; therefore, it should've used 45% energy. That would leave her with 14%, which I think would've been enough to perform Trick Room and Hypnosis.

But hey, I'd probably be screwed anyway, so I don't think it's such a big deal.

Pain Split healed more than 45%. What you see in the health total is subtracted from the damage caused by Shadow Ball.

Wait, hold on a sec. (100 + 11)/2 is equal to 55.5, so shouldn't Eledancia have healed 44% health instead? If I'm understanding Pain Split correctly, that is.

Maybe he rounded up or something...?

Either way, I really just want the experience. Frosty was holding a Lucky Egg the whole fight, so it should have five experience points.

Either way, you were screwed. I could easy stay alive for long enough for you to die of energy, Blazhy.

Even if he rounded up, I should've had 14% energy, which would be enough to perform those other two attacks.

Well, I'm not so sure; it was looking pretty bad, but I still had some tricks up my sleeve. Don't you want to play more mindgames, Kam D:

To quote the great Split Mushroom, take a wild guess.

Anyway! Nice battle, Blazhy; I look forward to ignoring your requests to have another battle with me!

100 + 11 /2 = 55.5, yes, and this is exactly how much Pain Split costed. I rounded up, but, according to my calculations, there would still be an energy kill if I had rounded down.

And, forgot to account for the Lucky Egg, sorry Kam. Gonna edit that bit in.

Back
Top Bottom