• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Put in to pay for here. God I hope I get this wright.

[Squirtank] Squirtle (Male)
Ability: Torrent
Move Mod: N/A
Body Mod: N/A

[Rocky] Poochyena (Male)
Ability: Run Away
Move Mod: Random

Random:
Description: As a young Poochyena, Poochyena was prisoner to a group known as EPIC, the Elite Pokemon Investigation Collective. During an accident at one of the labs, he was exposed to two different, highly voilitile strains of genetically modified Pokerus. Following the incendent Poochyena's intillect increased espodensially. One day, when on an outside training course, Poochyena managed to escape. Knowing he had to lay low Poochyena mentally suppressed his powers. However, over time, the raw power contained manifested itself. At times, Poochyena appeared to use moves not possible for any Poochyena to use, but the process appears to be uncontrolled. Thus the move was dubbed "Random".​
Effect: Upon ussage, a move is selected out of every known moves, no exceptions. The selected move stays assigned to this attack until the user switchs out of or leaves battle.​
Type: ??? / Stat: Other / Base Damage: 0% / Accuracy: N/A / Target: Self / Energy: 5% / Duration: N/A​

[Doom Chaser] Absol (Male)
Ability: Super Luck
Move Mod: Demon Scythe

Demon Scythe:
Description: A lonely Absol wandered the deserted lands of Satn's Plains when a crevice opened up at it's feet. With no chance of reacting in time the Absol fell. No-one knows what occured in the crevice, although extracted memories show brief, flickering images. Images of hellish spirits, and a gateway. A gateway standing there glowing. And then the spirits emerged and lunged at the Absol. It was at this point the Absol blacked out and the memories stopped. Little is known of the encounter except in times of battle the Absol's scythe has been seen to glow an errie blood red and the spirits of the damned have been heard.​
Effect: 1 in 8 (12.5%) chance of inducing a curse (ghost style) upon successful attack.​
Type: Dark / Stat: Physical / Base Damage: 70% / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single / Energy: 0% / Duration: N/A
Usage Gap: Two rounds before further use​

Put in to pay for here. God I hope I get this wright.

[Squirtank] Squirtle (Male)
Ability: Torrent
Move Mod: N/A

[Rocky] Poochyena (Male)
Ability: Run Away
Move Mod: Random

Random:
Description: As a young Poochyena, Poochyena was prisoner to a group known as EPIC, the Elite Pokemon Investigation Collective. During an accident at one of the labs, he was exposed to two different, highly voilitile strains of genetically modified Pokerus. Following the incendent Poochyena's intillect increased espodensially. One day, when on an outside training course, Poochyena managed to escape. Knowing he had to lay low Poochyena mentally suppressed his powers. However, over time, the raw power contained manifested itself. At times, Poochyena appeared to use moves not possible for any Poochyena to use, but the process appears to be uncontrolled. Thus the move was dubbed "Random".​
Effect: Upon ussage, a move is selected out of every known moves, no exceptions. The selected move stays assigned to this attack until the user switchs out of or leaves battle.​
Type: ??? / Stat: Other / Base Damage: 0% / Accuracy: N/A / Target: Self / Energy: 5% / Duration: N/A​

[Doom Chaser] Absol (Male)
Ability: Super Luck
Move Mod: Demon Scythe

Demon Scythe:
Description: A lonely Absol wandered the deserted lands of Satn's Plains when a crevice opened up at it's feet. With no chance of reacting in time the Absol fell. No-one knows what occured in the crevice, although extracted memories show brief, flickering images. Images of hellish spirits, and a gateway. A gateway standing there glowing. And then the spirits emerged and lunged at the Absol. It was at this point the Absol blacked out and the memories stopped. Little is known of the encounter except in times of battle the Absol's scythe has been seen to glow an errie blood red and the spirits of the damned have been heard.​
Effect: 1 in 8 (12.5%) chance of inducing a curse (ghost style) upon successful attack.​
Type: Dark / Stat: Physical / Base Damage: 70% / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single / Energy: 0% / Duration: N/A
Usage Gap: Two rounds before further use​
The pokemon are approved, the signature moves/attributes not for obvious reasons.

Random was, likely, rejected on these grounds.
First, the whole "Team Rocket experiment" has been done to death by everyone and their grandparents. Unless you seriously feel as though you can put a new spin on it, I would recommend against using that as your justification for how your pokémon ended up horribly mutated into something that can now command lightning or some nonsense like that.
There may be more reasons, but I digress.

And Demon Scythe has a similar problem. I don't think appovers usually let it slide when the reason for the signature move to be there is made mysteriously unknown.

And then there are the facts that both moves are effortlessly linked to existant moves (Metronome and Night Slash, the latter only differing from the signature move because it has a heightened crit chance instead of the curse effect), and then there's the fact usage gaps usually go no lower than three actions, which both of the proposals did.

I'm no approver and there's likely more to it, but, I think these grounds alone are enough to make them not passable.

Fare enough. I would like to point out that technically Random can only be used once a battle unless the pokemon is switched out. Now then.... How to make this sound like I'm not bitchin.... hmm...

And speaking of signature stuff, I've been playing Punch-Out!! again, and so, I suppose it's about time I did this.

[Super Macho Man] Machop (M)
Ability: No Guard
Signature Move: Triple Clothesline

Super Macho Man is one Pokémon that takes "No Guard" too far. Instead of making an effort so his blows will strike effective and accurate, he keeps on trying to show off by making large, spinny moves. This was a disadvantage, as it would not only harm accruacy, but also waste energy. So, after a long talk, Metallica Fanboy finally convinced the Fighting-type to concentrate all of his braggery in one single attack.

Before using this attack, Super Macho Man will pose to all spectators -- be them just two trainers or a whole crowd -- thus making him open to attacks. Aftewards, he will perform three wide-ranged spinning clotheslines, which he can miss regardless of the circumstances because of how it's focused towards looking good rather than being effective. All the spinning can make Super Macho Man dizzy, and it gets even worse if something went not quite as he planned. Finally, he's open again just after he finishes using this attack, and any blow landed against him then will throw him off.

Type: Fighting / Stat: Physical / Base Damage: 9% per blow (27% total if all hit) / Accuracy: 75% / Target: All Pokémon within range / Energy: 10% / Duration: 3 actions

On the first action that this attack is used, it's performed with 1- priority, and attacks landed by then will cause 2% more damage. For each action, this attack has a 25% chance to miss regardless of boosts to accuracy, drops in enemy evasion or No Guard being in effect. If the opponent attacks right after the third blow from this attack causign 3% more damage, Super Macho Man will flinch on the next action. Missing will make Super Macho Man confused after the attack; the more misses, the more severe the confusion gets.

Usage Gap: 9 actions

And speaking of signature stuff, I've been playing Punch-Out!! again, and so, I suppose it's about time I did this.

Super Macho Man is one Pokémon that takes "No Guard" too far. Instead of making an effort so his blows will strike effective and accurate, he keeps on trying to show off by making large, spinny moves. This was a disadvantage, as it would not only harm accruacy, but also waste energy. So, after a long talk, Metallica Fanboy finally convinced the Fighting-type to concentrate all of his braggery in one single attack.

Before using this attack, Super Macho Man will pose to all spectators -- be them just two trainers or a whole crowd -- thus making him open to attacks. Aftewards, he will perform three wide-ranged spinning clotheslines, which he can miss regardless of the circumstances because of how it's focused towards looking good rather than being effective. All the spinning can make Super Macho Man dizzy, and it gets even worse if something went not quite as he planned. Finally, he's open again just after he finishes using this attack, and any blow landed against him then will throw him off.

Type: Fighting / Stat: Physical / Base Damage: 9% per blow (27% total if all hit) / Accuracy: 75% / Target: All Pokémon within range / Energy: 10% / Duration: 3 actions

On the first action that this attack is used, it's performed with 1- priority, and attacks landed by then will cause 2% more damage. For each action, this attack has a 25% chance to miss regardless of boosts to accuracy, drops in enemy evasion or No Guard being in effect. If the opponent attacks right after the third blow from this attack causign 3% more damage, Super Macho Man will flinch on the next action. Missing will make Super Macho Man confused after the attack; the more misses, the more severe the confusion gets.

On the whole it looks okay, but I do need to clarify a few things: does this attack use 10% energy in total, or 10% energy per action? I'd assume it's the former, but I don't know about others.
You may want to say that Super Macho Man will be dealt 3% more damage after executing the attack in another sentence; as it is, it sounds like his third attack will deal 3% more damage.
Also, it'd be nice if you could specify the range, otherwise it makes it sound like Super Macho Man will hit all other Pokemon in the arena (I had an image of his arms stretching to absurd lengths for a second there :P).

Yes, the former. Though now that I think about it, a per action energy cost makes more sense.

Well, seems like that sentence was even more confusing than you figured -- it means that the flinch won't occour if the damage received is 2% or less. I suppose I really ought to rewrite that one.

It can hit all Pokémon in the arena, as long as they are all within range. I suppose I ought to make it a tad more specific.

Type: Fighting / Stat: Physical / Base Damage: 9% per blow (27% total if all hit) / Accuracy: 75% / Target: One specified target, plus whoever is close by enough / Energy: 5% per action / Duration: 3 actions

On the first action that this attack is used, it's performed with 1- priority, and attacks landed by then will cause 2% more damage. For each action, this attack has a 25% chance to miss regardless of boosts to accuracy, drops in enemy evasion or No Guard being in effect. If the opponent attacks right after the third blow from this attack, Super Macho Man will flinch on the next action; this will not happen, though, if the damage caused was 2% or less. Missing will make Super Macho Man confused after the attack; the more misses, the more severe the confusion gets.

Yes, the former. Though now that I think about it, a per action energy cost makes more sense.

Well, seems like that sentence was even more confusing than you figured -- it means that the flinch won't occour if the damage received is 2% or less. I suppose I really ought to rewrite that one.

It can hit all Pokémon in the arena, as long as they are all within range. I suppose I ought to make it a tad more specific.

Type: Fighting / Stat: Physical / Base Damage: 9% per blow (27% total if all hit) / Accuracy: 75% / Target: One specified target, plus whoever is close by enough / Energy: 5% per action / Duration: 3 actions

On the first action that this attack is used, it's performed with 1- priority, and attacks landed by then will cause 2% more damage. For each action, this attack has a 25% chance to miss regardless of boosts to accuracy, drops in enemy evasion or No Guard being in effect. If the opponent attacks right after the third blow from this attack, Super Macho Man will flinch on the next action; this will not happen, though, if the damage caused was 2% or less. Missing will make Super Macho Man confused after the attack; the more misses, the more severe the confusion gets.

Mmm... I'm a bit uncomfortable with the energy cost, given the damage, but I suppose that because of the drawbacks, I can let it slide. Approved.

I'd like to add a sig to my Squirtle

Signature Move/: Torrential blast

Squirtle was always persisten, never giving up no matter how badly she is injured this is a reflection of that. When she was training hard and barely conscious she noticed that as she launched a hydro pump while drawing on her torrents power she could infuse it with all her watery energy, thus this move was born. She draws on her torrents power and it forms into a ball of pure water energy infront of her she then adds all of her energy to it launching it straight at her energy and exhausting herself completely in the process upon impact with the enemy the ball of water energy surrounds it and implodes.

Water/ Special / Base Damage 25%+remaining energy/10 / 90 / Single / All remaining / Duration 1 action
Effects
Only available when Squirtle's torrent ability activates (less than 33% health)
It drains all of Squirtle's health and energy to perform,
When she uses it her remaining energy divided by 10 and rounded down is added to the base damage.
It is not boosted by torrent.

Usage gap: Once

Last edited:

Well, holding off on buying Pokémon until I might actually use them doesn't seem to be working. And getting into new video game series whose characters I must name them after isn't helping either. New strategy: just keep going until there is nothing left to buy.

[Simon Belmont] Zubat (M) <Inner Focus>

Which will be five hearts dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom