• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Origionally posted by Kratos Aurion

Your bank post does not link back to your purchase post here. Additionally, changing minor aesthetic things about a pokémon's appearance is not actually a "body mod", though you're welcome to mention those differences when you try to get your pokémon approved. A body mod is supposed to be something that has an actual effect on the way the pokémon battles and is explained in the modification section of the rules thread. Try not to confuse the two in the future.

Oh, well... I wanted to have the minor growths on Clarence's back to make it slightly more powerful (maybe 1% attack power for 1% energy every turn or something like that) and... that was it. I was kind of unclear on that. Sorry.

That's fine, but you need to actually ensure it follows the format. It also needs to be logical, and right off the bat I can tell you that I don't see a reason for proto-wings or what have you to affect how much damage a cleffa does in battle.

It was more of an idea than anything I had and actual plan for, but I can explain how it would affect it, I think.

This would probably be something that only occurs during the night, but the proto wings could make the Cleffa more attached to the moon, allowing it to tune in to some of its power. (once again, more of just an Idea than anything else, but its something that occurred to me at one point or another as a plausible feature, and I don't have to have it be part of my pokemon.)

Huh. Lets buy a Beldum!

[Ascalon]Beldum (X)
Ability: Clear Body
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

Bankkkkk

[Shepard] Riolu (Female) <Inner Focus>
Signature Attribute: N7 Training

Shepard has always been one for training - the Systems Alliance made the rare exception of allowing a Pokemon to join in due to her perseverence. As a result, whenever she is sent into battle, Shepard assumes one of the following roles, and recieves a stat bonus for doing so:

Soldier: +2 attack
Engineer: Either +2 defense or +2 sp. defense
Adept: +2 sp. attack

Vanguard: +1 sp. attack +1 attack
Infiltrator: +1 attack +1 defense
Sentinel: +1 sp. attack +1 defense

These stat bonuses count towards the +6 'cap'. Shepard's role is fixed at the start of battle, and will not change within that battle no matter how much she is recalled and sent out again - for example, if she is a Soldier upon being sent out the first time, and is subsequently recalled, she will still be a Soldier upon being sent out again.

---

Does this work? And I need a better way of wording that last part...

Last edited:

Huh. Lets buy a Beldum!

[Ascalon]Beldum (X)
Ability: Clear Body
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

Bankkkkk

Approved.

Shepard has always been one for training - the Systems Alliance made the rare exception of allowing a Pokemon to join in due to her perseverence. As a result, whenever she is sent into battle, Shepard assumes one of the following roles, and recieves a stat bonus for doing so:

Soldier: +2 attack
Engineer: Either +2 defense or +2 sp. defense
Adept: +2 sp. attack

Vanguard: +1 sp. attack +1 attack
Infiltrator: +1 attack +1 defense
Sentinel: +1 sp. attack +1 defense

These stat bonuses count towards the +6 'cap'. Shepard's role is fixed at the start of battle, and will not change within that battle no matter how much she is recalled and sent out again - for example, if she is a Soldier upon being sent out the first time, and is subsequently recalled, she will still be a Soldier upon being sent out again.

---

Does this work? And I need a better way of wording that last part...

"Training" is too vague. Training for what? The backstory needs to be fleshed out some more.
Also, this is far too powerful for a Riolu. Have only +1 to a single stat, and add a small drawback.

Shepard has always been one for training, of any kind. If it was available, she was there, no matter what it was or where it was. Her peers used to joke that she should have been a Meditite, so devoted was she. The culmination of all this effort was when she learned of a place in the highly coveted N7 class - the highest one could go within the Systems Alliance. It took her weeks to get there, and the Systems Alliance made the rare exception of allowing a Pokemon to join in due to her perseverence. She spent several years undergoing harsh training to cope with all situations and adapt accordingly. As a result, whenever she is sent into battle, Shepard assumes one of the following roles, and recieves a stat bonus for doing so. However, a corresponding stat is also reduced:

Soldier: +1 attack; -1 defense
Engineer: +1 defense or +1 sp. defense; -1 attack or sp. attack (depending on which stat was boosted)
Adept: +1 sp. attack; -1 attack

These stat bonuses count towards the +6/-6 'cap'. Shepard cannot regain the lost stat, and her role is fixed at the start of battle - it will not change within that battle no matter how much she is recalled and sent out again.

-------------

Is that any better?

Last edited:

Shepard has always been one for training, of any kind. If it was available, she was there, no matter what it was or where it was. Her peers used to joke that she should have been a Meditite, so devoted was she. The culmination of all this effort was when she learned of a place in the highly coveted N7 class - the highest one could go within the Systems Alliance. It took her weeks to get there, and the Systems Alliance made the rare exception of allowing a Pokemon to join in due to her perseverence. She spent several years undergoing harsh training to cope with all situations and adapt accordingly. As a result, whenever she is sent into battle, Shepard assumes one of the following roles, and recieves a stat bonus for doing so. However, a corresponding stat is also reduced:

Soldier: +1 attack; -1 defense
Engineer: +1 defense or +1 sp. defense; -1 attack or sp. attack (depending on which stat was boosted)
Adept: +1 sp. attack; -1 attack

These stat bonuses count towards the +6/-6 'cap'. Shepard cannot regain the lost stat, and her role is fixed at the start of battle - it will not change within that battle no matter how much she is recalled and sent out again.

-------------

Is that any better?

Yup. Approved.

time to do some monkey business

[Kong] Mankey (M)
Ability: Vital Spirit

|
|
|
V

[Kong] Primeape (M)
Ability: Vital Spirit