• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Prairie Chicken vs. Kratos Aurion

Oh, Muffin. Your sacrifice had taught me so much about the futility of war. How could I ever resort of violence again, knowing the repercussions?

RIP AND TEAR, CUPCAKE (Cacnea, M)! WOOP WOOP

Set up a Sandstorm so that it's blowing everywhere, then Drain Punch without mercy! In the case of Flail, Last Resort, or really, any physical attack that will do 13% or more damage, Counter.

Sandstorm (widespread)/Counter - Drain Punch/Counter - Drain Punch/Counter

(In light of what Negrek recently posted in the Attacks and Abilities thread, Summergale, I think Aqua should've taken more damage from explosion--it's to be treated as though it has 500 base power, as in the games, so she should've hit the cap.)

Given the above, my dear, I don't think you're long for the world--so counter or no counter, let's go out with a bang. Last Resort on the first action, and if that counter doesn't bump you off then flail and natural gift.

Last Resort ~ Die/Flail ~ Die/Natural Gift

With a disappointed sigh and a few philosophical murmurs, Prairie Chicken sends out the only other Pokemon in his active squad - Cupcake the Cacnea appears in a flash of red light, the tiny cactus looking surprised at how weak his opponent already looks. This should be easy, right?

Prairie Chicken (XO)
cacnea
[Cupcake] Cacnea <Sand Veil + Anger Point>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Sandstorm (widespread)/Counter - Drain Punch/Counter - Drain Punch/Counter
Status: Wondering why he's been sent out against such a weakened opponent.

Kratos Aurion (OO)
Eevee
[Aqua] Eevee (Female) <Run Away + Anger Point + Guts>
Health: 20% <CAPPED>
Energy: 47%
Commands: Last Resort ~ Die/Flail ~ Die/Natural Gift
Status: Looking suspiciously at Cupcake. Feeling weak. ( +6 Attack ) ( 1.5x energy consumption on damaging moves ) ( Moderate Confusion: 50% fail rate ) ( Moves Imprisoned: Natural Gift, Bide, Swift, Secret Power )

"Round four... begin!"

Aqua rises unsteadily to her feet as the new challenger flashes into being, a grim determination flickering in her eyes. Her breathing is unsteady, her fur is black, and everything hurts. She revels in the pain, allowing it to flood through her. With a small roar, the Eevee flings herself forwards, biting and scratching and kicking everywhere she can find. Her claws find particular spots, her teeth jab far deeper than the structure of her mouth should biologically allow. Though this is not the Grimer that caused her such pain, it it the next best thing, and she makes her feelings known.

By the time she is done, her rage all tapped out, Aqua is heaving for breath and glaring venomously at Cupcake. The Cacnea is looking incredibly worse for wear, and when he suddenly lashes out the Normal-type is taken by surprise. The blows are too much for her to bear, spikes jabbing all over and opening fresh wounds. She squeals in pain and places her paws over her head, but the Cacnea's anger seems to have spiked in light of the critical hit landed before.

When Cupcake stops, Aqua is lying unconcious on the dusty floor.

"Round over!"

Prairie Chicken (XO)
cacnea
[Cupcake] Cacnea <Sand Veil + Anger Point>
Health: 67%
Energy: 90%
Commands: Counter
Status: In pain and furious that a weak opponent did so much to him. ( +6 attack ) ( 1.5x energy consumption on all damaging moves)

Kratos Aurion (XO)
Eevee
[Aqua] Eevee (Female) <Run Away + Anger Point + Guts>
Health: 0% <CAPPED>
Energy: 38%
Commands: Last Resort

Arena Notes:
There is complete and utter devastation. In the area where Muffin exploded, the ground is completely blackened. It lessens as you go further away.

Notes:
o I have far too much fun writing these reffings.
o Last Resort was a critical hit.
o Kratos Aurion attacks first.

Well done, Aqua. Now it's time to get the other auto-evolution out of the way and free up space so I can actually use other stuff. Sheol, take the stage.

Let's see... well, why wait for a critical hit that might or might not come when we can grab that lovely attack boost right away? Psych up first, then aerial ace twice.

Psych Up ~ Aerial Ace ~ Aerial Ace

Haha, good thing Sandstorm didn't work. Playing defensive is boring, so let's just take everything to the face! Synthesis first, then Sucker Punch twice!

Synthesis - Sucker Punch - Sucker Punch

Ending in a draw by request. Both players get $8. I would get $5, but everybody knows I'm not going to bother claiming it anyway.

Aqua gets 2 EXP and 2 happiness. Muffin and Cupcake earn an EXP a piece.

Back
Top Bottom