• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DarkLordOffire vs Patar

Dave Strider

the best coolkid
DarkLordOfFire said:
Format:1 vs 1
Style:Standard
DQ:Two weeks
Dmg. Cap:40%
Banned/Restricted moves:OHKO's
Arena Name:Quiet Meadow
Arena Description:In a mostly undiscovered part of the world lies a vast open field. The tall grass swishes gently in the breeze. A bright warm sun illuminates this great paradise for Pokemon.
Fire could easily burn this grass which would cause burns to any pokemon near by. The smoke would also reduce Flying pokemons accuracy by 5%. Every fire move does 5% more damage due to the warm sun.
Additional Rules:Pokemon less than a foot tall could easily hide in the grass(-5% accuracy). Oddish is nearly invisible (20% accuracy).

Patar's Active Squad
[Mongrel] Zangoose (M) <Immunity>
[Cube] Spheal (M) <Ice Body>
[Kira] Shinx (F) <Intimidate>
[Fiona] Charmeleon (F) <Blaze>
[Sweetums] Mareep (F) <Cute Charm>
Sig Attribute: Sweet Smell
[Fluffy] Buneary (F) <Intimidate>
Sig Attribute: Darkness Infection
[Kicks] Stunky (M) <Aftermath>

DLOF's's Active Squad

[Char] Charmander (M) <Blaze>
[Chimmy] Chimchar (M) <Blaze>
[Skull] Duskull (M) <Levitate>

RNG says:
Patar sends out his Pokemon.
DLOF sends out his Pokemon and attacks.
Patar attacks.
I procrastinate ref.

How about Fluffy? She needs some happiness :D

Let's go Fluffy.

Go Char. This is our first fight so let's go.
Okay so it's a dark type so... open with a quick Will-O-Wisp then hit hard with brick break and follow it up with a flamethrower.

Will-O-Wisp, Brick Break, Flamethrower

Last edited:
... NOOO I CANT USE ATTRACT. Stupid heartlessness. Fine, use Dig :D That'll save me from two attacks since Fluffy's faster :D Then use Water Pulse :D Somehow... Spit?

Dig (down) ~ Dig (up) ~ Water Pulse

Oh wait... I'm still gonna get nailed by Brick Break... Whatever.

charmander
Char (M)
Ability: Blaze
Health:100%
Energy:100%
Commands:Will-O-Wisp ~ Brick Break ~ Flamethrower

427bunearyinfect.png

Fluffy (F)
Ability: Intimidate
Body Mod: Darkness Infection
Health:100%
Energy:100%
Commands: Dig (down) ~ Dig (up) ~ Water Pulse

An unseasonably warm day in some unexplored land. Not many people visited this part of the world. However, on this day, there are three people here. The three people walked into a grassy field, talking as friends. Two of them walk to opposite sides of the field, while the other stayed in the middle. The trainers throw their Pokéballs out, revealing a Charmander on one side, and an oddly colored Buneary on the other. The referee, pulled out a couple of flags from somewhere, and waved them down, signaling for the battle to begin.

Round 1 Begin

Char looked over to his opponent, trying to figure out her weaknesses, only just noticing her odd colouring. Buneary's weren't meant to be that colour, were they? They're meant to be brown and tan. Not black and grey. And she looked kind of... off. Kind of frightening. Especially her eyes. They didn't really shine. Char shuddered for a second. She was just freaky.

Char shook himself, and told himself that he still had to attack. He grabbed his tail, bringing the flame in front of his face. The tail flame grew larger, and turned a sort of ghostly purple-grey colour. He blew into, sending a few ghostly wisps of flame over towards fluffy, singing the grass but not burning it. Fluffy, without even seeming to care about the Will-O-Wisp heading towards her, jumped into the air and flung herself into the ground, leaving a large cloud of dust behind her. after the dust cleared, Char could clearly see a Buneary sized hole where fluffy had been.

[Char - 0H, -3E, -1 Atk] [Fluffy-0H, -3E]

The ground underneath Char suddenly shook. Cracks appeared in the earth, and a rumbling sound ensued. Char gulped, realizing what was about to happen. Before he could doge out of the way, the ground seemed to burst, revealing Fluffy, jumping up and punching Char with her ears. Fluffy quickly and gracefully flipped back to her original position, leaving Char to wonder what the hell just happened. Char quickly recovered, brushing dried mud off his torso. He runs towards Fluffy, holding back his arm in a position to punch. He reaches her and punches her square in the face. He quickly launches off another left hook to the face, and finishes the move off with an uppercut into her stomach. Fluffy bowled over with the force of the pummelling and lied down for a second, badly winded.

[Char - 12H, -6E] [Fluffy-7H, -4E]

Fluffy gets up, just about getting her breath back. She smirked, knowing she had a pretty devastating attack to use next. Fluffy put her furry hands in front of her face, seeming to concentrate on something. A couple of droplets of water appeared in-between her arms. The droplets grew until they were a large sphere of pressurized water, and an annoyingly high pitched noise seemed to emanate from the centre of it. Fluffy, satisfied with the size of the orb, threw the water at Char. The pulse connected, bursting into a massive explosion of sound and liquid. High pitched screams rang through the hot air, throwing his senses of balance.. The little orange lizard flew backwards, skidding across the now damp earth, his tail flame steaming and noticeably smaller. Char stood up again, dusting himself off. He frowned. He had had quite enough of that little bunny. He quickly drew in a large amount of breath, holding it for a second before letting it go. However, instead of just air, a large stream of flame flew out of his mouth. The massive flames hit Fluffy straight in the chest, singing her fur down to a crisp.

[Char - 9H, -7E] [Fluffy-15H, -4E]

The ref, boiling in the blazing sun, quickly pulled his flags back out, waving them frantically around. "Uh, end of round one! Man, it's too hot here."

Arena Notes:
There is some smoke, mainly in the area around fluffy.

charmander
Char (M)
Health:79%
Energy:84%
Commands:Will-O-Wisp ~ Brick Break ~ Flamethrower

427bunearyinfect.png

Fluffy (F)
Ability: Antimidate
Health:78%
Energy:89%
Commands: Dig (down) ~ Dig (up) ~ Water Pulse

Ref Notes:
I decided that Will-O-Wisp wouldn't set the grass alight as it is only desinged to
Will-O-Wisp missed because Fluffy dug her way underground before it could hit.
The grass didn't burn properly from flamethrower as Fluffy dampened the grass with her Water Pulse attack.
DLoF, don't edit your posts any more. Editing is frowned upon in ASB, as you could of changed your commands during your edit. I'll let it slide this time, but if you do it again, I'll have to disqualify you.
Patar attacks first.
DLoF attacks.
I try to ref more on time.
If you think anything is wrong with this reffing, don't hesitate to tell me.

It's okay if he edits before his opponent posts, fyi, which he did. Be sure to check the edit time in comparison to his opponent's posting time before saying anything.

... Hmm, I see. Let's bring some rain to dampen the grass some more. Rain Dance then let's go with a Toxic, if Char tries to Protect or evade in some way or the other, then use Agility. It's always nice to be faster. Finally, nail it with a boosted Water Pulse. But if Char changes the weather, use Rain Dance on the third action only.

Rain Dance ~ Toxic/Agility ~ Water Pulse/Rain Dance

ermmmm not good. right then use brick break followed by sunny day then another sunny day in prep for next round.

Brick Break~ Sunny Day~ Sunny Day

charmander
Char (M)
Health:79%
Energy:84%
Commands: Brick Break~ Sunny Day~ Sunny Day

427bunearyinfect.png

Fluffy (F)
Health:78%
Energy:89%
Commands: Rain Dance ~ Toxic/Agility ~ Water Pulse/Rain Dance

Round 2 Begin

Fluffy starts of the second round with an odd, intricate dance. She waves her arms from left to right, spins around and jumps up and down, all to some odd rhythm within her head. Thunder crashes. Loud bangs echo through the clearing. Suddenly, the sky turns cloudy, then another thunderclap rings through the clearing. Rain starts to drip down from the sky, before it starts to pour down.
Char shivers and grabs his tail flame. He didn't really like rain. To be honest, he didn't like water in general. Still, he had to attack. he ran towards Fluffy, pulling his arm back. He quickly delivered another series of three powerful punches to Fluffy's torso, sending her skidding backwards at high speed.

Fluffy flipped back onto her feet. She prepared for her next attack, building up a horrible, toxic goo in her throat. She spits it out at Char, soaking him in the stuff. The goo seeped into Char's skin, entering his bloodstream. Char quickly starts to feel the effects, feeling as though he's caught a bug. He gathers some heat in between his hands, forming a large orange heat filled ball of energy. He throws it up into the sky, where it pulses for a second before exploding in an orange blast. The rain clouds float away, revealing an even hotter sun than before.

Fluffy frowns. This was way too hot, especially in her warm fur. She starts to dance again, jumping and spinning and twirling around. Another clap of thunder crashes and the storm clouds gather again, almost instantaneously. Rain again buckets down to the arena, soaking all the battlers. Char sighs. He had just got rid of this! He put his hands in front of his face again, and built up another pulsing ball of heat energy. He threw it up in the sky again, revealing a boiling hot sun in the middle of the sky.

The ref pulls his flags back out, shouting " End of round 2! man, it's even hotter than last round"

Arena Notes: Sunny day in effect (4 more actions). The grass is wet, but drying quickly.

charmander
Char (M)
Health:77%
Energy:73%
Status: Miffed and wet. -1 Atk. Toxic poisoned.[2% this round, 3%next]
Commands: Brick Break~ Sunny Day~ Sunny Day

427bunearyinfect.png

Fluffy (F)
Health:71%
Energy:77%
Commands: Rain Dance ~ Toxic/Agility ~ Water Pulse/Rain Dance

Ref Notes:
DLoF attack first next round.
Patar attacks after.
I get my butt in gear and ref a bit quicker.

Last edited:
Ok good so far so lets step it up. If Fluffy uses a weather move use Sunny Day, if Fluffy uses a move so we can't hit her (e.g. protect, dig etc) use chill, if none of these things happen then use Flamethrower then two Brick Breaks

Flamethrower/Sunny Day/Chill~Brick Break/Sunny Day/Chill~Brick Break/Sunny Day/Chill

... I hate you... Okay. We change the weather to rain with Rain Dance. Let's Protect the Brick Break and make sure you wait to go last then use Rain Dance. If this isn't possible just Water Pulse it.

Rain Dance ~ Protect ~ Rain Dance/Water Pulse

charmander
Char (M)
Health:77%
Energy:73%
Commands: Flamethrower/Sunny Day/Chill~Brick Break/Sunny Day/Chill~Brick Break/Sunny Day/Chill

427bunearyinfect.png

Fluffy (F)
Health:71%
Energy:77%
Commands: Rain Dance ~ Protect ~ Rain Dance/Water Pulse

Round 3

Fluffy sighed. He kept on messing up her lovely rainstorms! She began with another dance, feeling a bit bored as she'd done this a couple of times before. A few spins, a few twists, some jumps and a couple of flips. thunder and lightning roar once more, beckoning on another rainstorm. Rain starts to drip down, then it starts to pour. Char growled. Couldn't this bunny go one round without screwing up the weather? It was starting to be a tad bit annoying. Char put his hands in front of his body. He guessed he would have to change it back then. Another massive sphere of heat energy formed in front of his hands. He threw it up in to the middle of the clouds, exploding and parting them, revealing the boiling sun.

[CHAR -0H, -3E][ FLUF -0H, -4E]

Fluffy, annoyed that her rain had gone again, knew what might happen next, and she didn't much fancy the idea of being punched in the stomach again. She waved her fluffy little paws around her body, concentrating hard on the space around her. The air seemed to glint around her, the sunlight seemed to, sort refract near her. Char looked at fluffy. The air seemed to look different from where he looked at her. He quickly realized she had set up a protect, so he had to just chill, right? He closed his eyes and collapsed into the damp grass, falling into a sort of semi sleep. He lay there for a few minutes, just getting his breath back.

[CHAR -0H, +4E][ FLUF -0H, -4E]

Fluffy scowled. he could at least have attacked, after her setting up that protect. She gathered the leftover moisture in the air after those few rainy spurts, forming a few drops of water in front of body. She focused hard on the droplets, expanding them exponentially and forming them into a compacted spherical ball. The ball gave out a quiet, high pitched noise. Char barely had stood up before Fluffy threw the water at him. Char tried to dodge, but the water hit him square in the chest.. The sphere exploded, and a massive noise rung through his ears, scrambling his hearing. Char flew backwards a few feet, skidding across the damp grass. Char stood up, shaking his head. Everything seemed to be spinning around him, and there was some extremely loud noise right in his ears. He tried to run over to Fluffy, stumbling and nearly tripping over his feet a few times along the way. He eventually reached his target, and started to drunkenly punch at her. Unfortunately for Fluffy, a few punches landed, and they hurt too. She stumbled backwards, before gaining her balance and glaring at Char, who was barely standing on his feet.

The ref took out his flags, sweating like mad, shouting "Round 3 end! I thik i might need to get my umbrella out.

[CHAR -9H, -5E][ FLUF -7H, -4E]

charmander
Char (M)
Health:68%
Energy:69%
Status: Seeing little duckies. -1 Atk. Mildly Confused [35% chance of hurting himself] Toxic Poisoned. [3% this round, 4%next]

427bunearyinfect.png

Fluffy (F)
Health:64%
Energy:65%
Status: Starting to get a bit tired at the ever changing weather.

Patar attack first next round.
DLoF attacks after.
I ref.

Late again. Anyway, Patar loses by DQ. Char gains 2 exp and Fluffy gets 1 happiness point. DLoF gets £8, Patar gets £3 and I get £5. Patar is banned from making or accepting new challenges for 2 months. I think that's it.

Yeah, at first I thought it was just for forfeits but couldn't find it anywhwere, so I asked in the Rules thread and apparently the Negrek nerfed that rule.

Back
Top Bottom