• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Now for those birthday gifts I still haven't bought :B

[Thing A] Smoochum (F) <Forewarn>

[Ben] Combee (F) +$30 >> [Ben] Vespiquen (F)

[Chocolate Thun-dah] Murkrow (M) <Super Luck>

+reaper cloth

+cash

EDIT: six rare candies for some evolutiooonnnssss

[Regal Bryant] Nidoran (M) <Poison Point> -2 candies> [Regal Bryant] Nidorino (M) <Poison Point>

[Kiboko] Hippopotas (M) -2 candies and exp from here> [Kiboko] Hippowdon (M)

[Aldonza] Smoochum (F) <Oblivious> -2 candies and exp from here> [Aldonza] Jynx (F) <Oblivious>

All approved, except for Aldonza.

Once again, I'm not 100% sure how happiness works (this time, I'm not sure if 1 Rare Candy counts as a KO), but even if that were the case, she did not score a KO in the battle you linked to. She didn't seem to be holding a Soothe Bell during that battle, either.

...smoochum evolves into jynx at level 30.

Now, let's try this again:

two rare candies for an evolutiooonnn

[Aldonza] Smoochum (F) <Oblivious> -2 candies and exp from here> [Aldonza] Jynx (F) <Oblivious>

Additionally, now that Kiboko is approved:

[Kiboko] Hippowdon (M)
Signature Move: Samiel

Kiboko can already summon sandstorms naturally, and the harsh winds and stinging grit can be extremely painful. Normally, the whirling cloud of sand he brings into battle with him obliterates any raining or hailing clouds and obscures the sunlight. By concentrating on raising the temperature of the immediate area and maintaining his sandstorm at the same time, however, Kiboko is able to turn his usual sand stream into something far more powerful and fierce: a deadly samiel.

Kiboko forces the sun to shine as brightly as it can, causing a sharp spike in the area's temperature. He then directs the hot, sandy wind straight at the target, battering the unfortunate pokémon down with dry, sandy winds as hot as 54 degrees Celsius/129 degrees Fahrenheit. The gale force winds can easily knock lighter pokémon down flat; the intense blast of heat is enough to cause burns and even heat stroke (in effect, poison) in pokémon that are not fire-types. And, of course, the burns are only exacerbated by the constant grating of sand.

The effort that goes into keeping the sun shining and a sandstorm raging is too much to maintain for long periods of time, and so the sun's heat dies back down to its normal intensity at the end of the action. The sandstorm resumes its random swirling, goes back to its original strength and continues for the rest of its usual duration (i.e., ends after five turns if sandstorm was used, canceled out by other weather moves, etc.). Samiel will not work if sunny day/drought and/or sandstorm/sand stream are banned in the current battle. If the battle rules allow multiple weather conditions to exist at once, sunny day is already in effect and it was not started by Kiboko, samiel will not cause the existing sun condition to end and instead allow it to continue its normal duration as with sandstorm.

Type: Fire / Stat: Special / Accuracy: 90% / Damage: 10% / Energy: 9% / Target: 1 foe / Effects: Sandstorm or sand stream must be in effect and sunny day must be permitted. 40% chance of causing a severe burn and 20% chance of causing moderate poison (poison and burn chances do not occur for fire-types). Can knock down opponents under 120 lbs. / Duration: 1 action / Usage Gap: 5 rounds

This was approved as-is (save for the energy, which wasn't required before, and the clarification for the rare case of multi-weather fields) for my tyranitar pre-explosion, so hopefully it's still okay on a hippowdon.

Last edited:

...smoochum evolves into jynx at level 30.

Now, let's try this again:

two rare candies for an evolutiooonnn

Additionally, now that Kiboko is approved:

[Kiboko] Hippowdon (M)
Signature Move: Samiel

Kiboko can already summon sandstorms naturally, and the harsh winds and stinging grit can be extremely painful. Normally, the whirling cloud of sand he brings into battle with him obliterates any raining or hailing clouds and obscures the sunlight. By concentrating on raising the temperature of the immediate area and maintaining his sandstorm at the same time, however, Kiboko is able to turn his usual sand stream into something far more powerful and fierce: a deadly samiel.

Kiboko forces the sun to shine as brightly as it can, causing a sharp spike in the area's temperature. He then directs the hot, sandy wind straight at the target, battering the unfortunate pokémon down with dry, sandy winds as hot as 54 degrees Celsius/129 degrees Fahrenheit. The gale force winds can easily knock lighter pokémon down flat; the intense blast of heat is enough to cause burns and even heat stroke (in effect, poison) in pokémon that are not fire-types. And, of course, the burns are only exacerbated by the constant grating of sand.

The effort that goes into keeping the sun shining and a sandstorm raging is too much to maintain for long periods of time, and so the sun's heat dies back down to its normal intensity at the end of the action. The sandstorm resumes its random swirling, goes back to its original strength and continues for the rest of its usual duration (i.e., ends after five turns if sandstorm was used, canceled out by other weather moves, etc.). Samiel will not work if sunny day/drought and/or sandstorm/sand stream are banned in the current battle. If the battle rules allow multiple weather conditions to exist at once, sunny day is already in effect and it was not started by Kiboko, samiel will not cause the existing sun condition to end and instead allow it to continue its normal duration as with sandstorm.

Type: Fire / Stat: Special / Accuracy: 90% / Damage: 10% / Energy: 9% / Target: 1 foe / Effects: Sandstorm or sand stream must be in effect and sunny day must be permitted. 40% chance of causing a severe burn and 20% chance of causing moderate poison (poison and burn chances do not occur for fire-types). Can knock down opponents under 120 lbs. / Duration: 1 action / Usage Gap: 5 rounds

This was approved as-is (save for the energy, which wasn't required before, and the clarification for the rare case of multi-weather fields) for my tyranitar pre-explosion, so hopefully it's still okay on a hippowdon.

Jynx and sig move approved.

[FeatherStar] Starly (Male)
Ability: Keen Eye

[CloudStar] Swablu (Male)
Ability: Natural Cure

[YellowStar] Abra (Male)
Ability: Syncronize/ Inner Focus

Please and thank you.

Last edited:

ThaosDM

First of all, please don't edit posts when you've been asked to make a correction. The approval staff isn't notified that you've edited anything. It's easier for everyone if you just repost.

Second, read more carefully. You actually need to pay for the pokémon you want to purchase. See how other players made actual linked transactions in this thread and the bank thread.

Third, as in the games, a pokémon can only have one ability. Pick one or the other for your abra, please.

EDIT: Okay, so you just posted to say you edited; still, it's easier to simply repost. Furthermore, don't double post if all your posts are going to say is "sorry" and then "i edited". Both of those things could've been said in the one post; maybe next time refrain from posting in the first place until after you edit (though, again, you shouldn't edit your purchase posts in the first place).

1. Make a new purchase post in this thread. When it posts, click on the little number in the upper-right corner of that post. It will open a new window containing only that post. Copy the URL in your address bar.

2. Make a new transaction in the bank thread as per the bank rules. Paste the URL you just copied into that post. Your bank post should now link to your purchase post.

3. Click the number in the corner of the bank post. Again, it will bring you to a page with only that post. Copy that URL.

4. Come back to the post you just made in this thread. Edit it and paste in the URL of your bank post. That's it.

Yay, Remoraid.

[Cephalogod] Remoraid M (Sniper)

And I lose more moneys.

Approved.

Those were instructions for linking; you still have to repost the actual information. The bank can't adjust your money if they don't know what you bought and how much it costs; we can't give you anything if we don't know what you want or that you paid the correct amount for it. The pokémon you're buying and the link to the bank need to be in the same registration office post. The bank transaction and the link to the purchase post need to be in the same bank post. Look through this thread and the bank thread and see the way other people have done it.

ThaosDM: Well.. First of all your link is broken. Notice the ellipse cutoff that copied over. You have to get the link directly from the address bar for it to be full.
Second off, your bank post is invalid anyway, as you must indicate your spending in that post. For example: 45 - 17 = $28.
Third off, you should be reposting your bank thread as well if a transaction is denied.

Here's what you do:
1: Make a -new- post here with your team.
2: Make a -new- post in the Bank thread, including the value changes. Include a link somewhere in there to the new post within this thread.
3: Edit the new post you made here with the link back to your new bank post.

And that's it.

....As for me.
Kratos you're amazing ohmagods. <3

[Ben] Vespiquen (Female)
<Pressure>

(Yes I'm highly tempted to keep that name just 'cause)

Last edited:

received a Togepi

Togepi
[Jonathon] (M) <Serene Grace>

do I need to make another post in the PC to move him from/to my PC to my active squad?

....As for me.
Kratos you're amazing ohmagods. <3

[Ben] Vespiquen (Female)
<Pressure>

(Yes I'm highly tempted to keep that name just 'cause)

received a Togepi

Togepi
[Jonathon] (M) <Serene Grace>

do I need to make another post in the PC to move him from/to my PC to my active squad?

Both approved.

(And yes, you do need to use the computer Terminal to move a Pokemon from your PC to your active squad or vice versa.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom