• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Ah. Sorry, then. My comment about reading the rules more carefully still stands.

Repost tiems, then.

[Nikolai] Alakazam (M)
Ability: Synchronise
Signature Attribute: Superinquisitiveness

Alakazam are well-known for being unbelievably intelligent and demonstrating a strong desire to acquire knowledge. Since becoming an Alakazam, Nikolai has committed almost all of his free time to furiously analysing anything and everything in a bid to improve his already superhuman knowledge. His commitment to study passes over even into battles- through battling opponents he intensely scrutinises his opponents and their battle styles, in the process learning many things that could prove useful in battle. However, his eccentricity and eclectic inquisitiveness means his attention can sometimes be seized by more fascinating prospects mid-battle.

Effects: Every time Nikolai scores a critical hit against his opponent, he learns and memorises a weak point on their body, meaning he knows the best places to attack in future. This causes the critical hit ratio for all his attacks to increase by 1. Also, when an enemy attack misses Nikolai records the way it was executed and how he avoided it, causing the accuracy of that attack to drop by 10% because Nikolai will be more adept at dodging it next time. Nikolai's critical hit ratio cannot increase above the usual maximum level that would apply if it were risen by any other means, and no one move can have its accuracy reduced by over 20% through this attribute. In addition there is a 5% chance per action that Nikolai's attention will be seized by some fascinating sight on the arena, causing him to ignore all commands and spend the whole action analysing it. (If there is nothing of sufficient interest on the field, he will simply be lost in thought rather than going "omigod a rock" or something ridiculous.)

:D?

I get the niggling feeling that I'm missing something minor here, but I guess Negrek will have to catch it if that's true. I guess it looks fine, then. Approved.

Getting my Sullivan back :c (also edited that post in the Black Market thread so it links to his evolution post now...)

[Sully] Skeline (M) <Pressure>

one more addition to my team:

[Paralyzer] Shroomish (M)
Effect Spore
Move Mod: none
Body Mod: none

total:$5

[Clairent] Shellder (♀)
Skill Link

Signature Move: Pearlshot

Like all Shellder, Clairent has a rather interesting way of removing parasites and irritants; her immune system pours layer after layer of calcium carbonate over the offending material, forming a protective coat around the annoying trespasser. The resulting object, of course, is a pearl; they have been valued greatly for centuries and, as Clairent has found, make rather good projectiles.

Clairent, unlike other Shellder, has weaponized her pearl production; she has figured out how to force the rapid creation of several pearls at once, and how to propel them at speed from her body. The resulting spray of pearl pelts her opponent, dealing damage for each pearl; this attack has the ability to hit five times in a row. However, due to the rapid production of the pearls, they are quite fragile and will break upon contact with their target. If the Shellder spends more time forming the pearls, though, she is able to make them much more durable and thus more valuable. When fired after charging, the move does more damage as well as producing pearls that her Trainer gets to keep and sell after the battle. (The downside being that, if she chooses to charge the attack, Clairent will generally move last, since the act of charging the attack places her in the Priority -3 bracket, with the likes of Avalanche and Revenge.)

Type: Normal / Stat: Physical / Accuracy: 100% / Damage: 1% per hit uncharged, 2% when charged / Energy: 3%, 6% if charged / Target: Single foe / Effects: None if uncharged. If charged, this move $1 to the trainer's prize money, never exceeding $5 in total / Duration: 1 action / Usage Gap: Three rounds

one more addition to my team:

[Paralyzer] Shroomish (M)
Effect Spore
Move Mod: none
Body Mod: none

total:$5

Approved.

[Clairent] Shellder (♀)
Skill Link

Signature Move: Pearlshot

Like all Shellder, Clairent has a rather interesting way of removing parasites and irritants; her immune system pours layer after layer of calcium carbonate over the offending material, forming a protective coat around the annoying trespasser. The resulting object, of course, is a pearl; they have been valued greatly for centuries and, as Clairent has found, make rather good projectiles.

Clairent, unlike other Shellder, has weaponized her pearl production; she has figured out how to force the rapid creation of several pearls at once, and how to propel them at speed from her body. The resulting spray of pearl pelts her opponent, dealing damage for each pearl; this attack has the ability to hit five times in a row. However, due to the rapid production of the pearls, they are quite fragile and will break upon contact with their target. If the Shellder spends more time forming the pearls, though, she is able to make them much more durable and thus more valuable. When fired after charging, the move does more damage as well as producing pearls that her Trainer gets to keep and sell after the battle. (The downside being that, if she chooses to charge the attack, Clairent will generally move last, since the act of charging the attack places her in the Priority -3 bracket, with the likes of Avalanche and Revenge.)

Type: Normal / Stat: Physical / Accuracy: 100% / Damage: 1% per hit uncharged, 2% when charged / Energy: 3%, 6% if charged / Target: Single foe / Effects: None if uncharged. If charged, this move $1 to the trainer's prize money, never exceeding $5 in total / Duration: 1 action / Usage Gap: Three rounds

Hmm... Looks fine, I guess; could be a bit leery on the energy cost when the attack is charged, but I'll let it slide. Approved.

...I forgot to post this...

Meteor of linkage...

[Rift] Gengar (F)
<Levitate>

Approved.

Buying:

[Rachel] Staryu (x)
Ability: Natural Cure

[Niska] Gastly (m)

[Mal] Elekid (m)

Total: $42

Now comes complications.

[Rachel] Staryu (x)
Move Mod:
Signature Move: Spotlight

"Metaphors are important. My gold stars a metaphor for me being a star."

Rachel is a go-getter. Nothing can get in its way. A crowd of people shouting at you doesn't sound much different from a crowd of people shouting for you; it all depends on how you look at it. And Rachel looks at the world through rose-tinted glasses.

Sometimes it gets a little hard for Rachel to see other pokemon for who they really are. Sometimes all it sees is a cheering crowd. And sometimes that gets to Rachel.

Normal / None / Progressively adds +1 to total damage for 1-5 actions / Self / %1-5, depending on amount of actions it lasts / 1-5 actions
Effects: this makes Rachel get stuck in an encore. It repeats its move for 1-5 actions. However, unlike a normal encore, during each progressive attack, +1 damage is added to the attack's overall power (maximum of +5).
During this performance, the effects of negative moves such as taunt, torment, swagger, scary face, leer, etc. (anything that's effect would depend on Rachel loosing confidence) would fail.
Usage Gap: Every 2 rounds

[Niska] Gastly (m)
Signature Attribute: Niska is not a nice ghost. He's not one of those casper-the-friendly-ghosts who hang around and act cute and cuddly. No; he's a very, very bad gastly. He was probably bad when he was alive, and he's worse now that he'd dead.

He enjoys a good torture. Some blood and death and mayhem sound like a pleasant afternoon to him. If there's no one peeing their pants (or legs or tails), he is one angry Niska.

Basically, he's mean.
And he doesn't try to hide it. His pleasure at others' pain will show on his face - body- whatever. He bears the most wicked grin; it's the kind of grin that sends shivers down your spine, that keeps you awake at night. His eyes are smaller than an average gastly, to make room for his huge mouth. What eyes he does have are a glowing, blood-like red; they certainly don't harm his demonic look.

Effects: Niska's wickedness makes him quite fearsome to opponents, no mature their nature. The moment he enters battle his coldness puts them on edge and acts as an Intimidate by lowering their attack by -1.
Whenever Niska does damage, there is a chance of the opponent flinching, depending on how much damage was done. It works as such:
Take the amount of damage done (%5) and add %10 (5+10=15). That is the likelihood of the opponent flinching.

[Mal] Elekid (m)
Signature Attribute: Troebelectric Effect

"The triboelectric effect (also known as triboelectric charging) is a type of contact electrification in which certain materials become electrically charged after they come into contact with another different material and are then separated (such as through rubbing). The polarity and strength of the charges produced differ according to the materials, surface roughness, temperature, strain, and other properties."

Mal is supercharged. He's never content to sit still; his friends say he has ADHD, which is probably true. He often has difficulty thinking, he just can't stay in bed for long enough.

He doesn't usually think it's a problem, but sometimes when he touches things, there's that static electricity - you know it - and it gets burnt. No one blames him, it's not his fault, but it's still a pain.

Effects: Elekid are, in essence, a battery. And Mal was somehow born a bit overcharged. The effect of this is that whenever he's touch, the one doing the touching is likely to be burnt, paralyzed, and/or have an increased weakness to electricity (for a short period of time).
Chances of each affliction are 25%, calculated individually.
The weakness to electricity lasts 1-5 actions and adds +1 to electric attacks. For types with an immunity to electricity, this has no affect.

[Kyla] Totodile (Female)
Ability: Torrent
$10

[Victoria] Bellsprout (Female)
Ability: Chlorophyll
$5

[Ralph] Houndour (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire
$15

[Luke] Shinx (Male)
Ability: Intimidate
$7

[George] Sandshrew (Male)
Ability: Sand Veil
$5

$42

[Kyla] Totodile (Female)
Ability: Torrent
$10

[Victoria] Bellsprout (Female)
Ability: Chlorophyll
$5

[Ralph] Houndour (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire
$15

[Luke] Shinx (Male)
Ability: Intimidate
$7

[George] Sandshrew (Male)
Ability: Sand Veil
$5

$42

Approved.

Now comes complications.

[Rachel] Staryu (x)
Move Mod:

Rachel is a go-getter. Nothing can get in its way. A crowd of people shouting at you doesn't sound much different from a crowd of people shouting for you; it all depends on how you look at it. And Rachel looks at the world through rose-tinted glasses.

Sometimes it gets a little hard for Rachel to see other pokemon for who they really are. Sometimes all it sees is a cheering crowd. And sometimes that gets to Rachel.

Normal / None / Progressively adds +1 to total damage for 1-5 actions / Self / %1-5, depending on amount of actions it lasts / 1-5 actions
Effects: this makes Rachel get stuck in an encore. It repeats its move for 1-5 actions. However, unlike a normal encore, during each progressive attack, +1 damage is added to the attack's overall power (maximum of +5).
During this performance, the effects of negative moves such as taunt, torment, swagger, scary face, leer, etc. (anything that's effect would depend on Rachel loosing confidence) would fail.
..I quite like the description and idea behind this, I must say. [/personalcommentary]
I believe this mostly needs clarification. For instance, by +1 do you mean 1% added damage, or for the move to be considered at stage +1. (As a note, it should probably be the former.)
As for energy, is the move using a solid 1% extra per action the move is active, or does the energy cost grow exponentially as per the damage? (For instance action 1 - +1% damage 1% energy use, action 2 +2% damage 2% energy cost, etcetera)
Also, how is this move triggered? Does it continue using the last move Rachel used, or does it begin with the next one she uses?

[Niska] Gastly (m)
Signature Attribute: Niska is not a nice ghost. He's not one of those casper-the-friendly-ghosts who hang around and act cute and cuddly. No; he's a very, very bad gastly. He was probably bad when he was alive, and he's worse now that he'd dead.

He enjoys a good torture. Some blood and death and mayhem sound like a pleasant afternoon to him. If there's no one peeing their pants (or legs or tails), he is one angry Niska.

Basically, he's mean.
And he doesn't try to hide it. His pleasure at others' pain will show on his face - body- whatever. He bears the most wicked grin; it's the kind of grin that sends shivers down your spine, that keeps you awake at night. His eyes are smaller than an average gastly, to make room for his huge mouth. What eyes he does have are a glowing, blood-like red; they certainly don't harm his demonic look.

Effects: Niska's wickedness makes him quite fearsome to opponents, no mature their nature. The moment he enters battle his coldness puts them on edge and acts as an Intimidate by lowering their attack by -1.
Whenever Niska does damage, there is a chance of the opponent flinching, depending on how much damage was done. It works as such:
Take the amount of damage done (%5) and add %10 (5+10=15). That is the likelihood of the opponent flinching.
Mmm I'm afraid this one is way too powerful. Most certainly needs a penalty, and for the most part, first-stages are frowned upon getting an extra ability - or effect of as it may be. It would have to be either wait for evolution, or drop his original ability for the time being.
In addition.. the flinch chance would be more like damage -10%, if that. Most damage is rather high, above 10% at least, and flinching is a rather disruptive effect. And once again, to justify such a thing it needs a drawback.

[Mal] Elekid (m)
Signature Attribute: Troebelectric Effect

"The triboelectric effect (also known as triboelectric charging) is a type of contact electrification in which certain materials become electrically charged after they come into contact with another different material and are then separated (such as through rubbing). The polarity and strength of the charges produced differ according to the materials, surface roughness, temperature, strain, and other properties."

Mal is supercharged. He's never content to sit still; his friends say he has ADHD, which is probably true. He often has difficulty thinking, he just can't stay in bed for long enough.

He doesn't usually think it's a problem, but sometimes when he touches things, there's that static electricity - you know it - and it gets burnt. No one blames him, it's not his fault, but it's still a pain.

Effects: Elekid are, in essence, a battery. And Mal was somehow born a bit overcharged. The effect of this is that whenever he's touch, the one doing the touching is likely to be burnt, paralyzed, and/or have an increased weakness to electricity (for a short period of time).
Chances of each affliction are 25%, calculated individually.
The weakness to electricity lasts 1-5 actions and adds +1 to electric attacks. For types with an immunity to electricity, this has no affect.
This also needs a nerf, I'm afraid. 25% is too high a chance of occurrence, and they effects should not be able to stack, to boot. In addition, a drawback is in order, and this probably entails dropping his standard Static effect in exchange for a lower chance of one of multiple statuses, if nothing else.

I'm going to start my team with:

(Fuego) Charmander (M)r3 $10 (Starter Discount)
Ability: Blaze
Move Mod: N/A
Body Mod: N/A

And...

(Tails) Vulpix (F) r3 $10
Ability: Flash-Fire
Move Mod: N/A
Body Mod: N/A

Total: 10+10= $20

Bank: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=402184&postcount=3176

ASB Profile: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=402180&postcount=203
Once again, you need to link back to your purchase post within your bank post..

Lessee, I'd like to evolve Lust, my Sneasel, into Weavile. She held the Razor Claw for the duration of this battle.

And here's my profile if you need it.

And I'm afraid you need to list the Poké's info before-and-after evolution.

As a sidenote, there's no need for links to your profiles themselves for these transactions.

..I quite like the description and idea behind this, I must say. [/personalcommentary]
I believe this mostly needs clarification. For instance, by +1 do you mean 1% added damage, or for the move to be considered at stage +1. (As a note, it should probably be the former.)
As for energy, is the move using a solid 1% extra per action the move is active, or does the energy cost grow exponentially as per the damage? (For instance action 1 - +1% damage 1% energy use, action 2 +2% damage 2% energy cost, etcetera)
Also, how is this move triggered? Does it continue using the last move Rachel used, or does it begin with the next one she uses?

I'm not sure what you mean by the latter (for damage), so yes I mean the former.
As for the energy, its +2 for 2 damage, etc.

It works with whatever move was last used.

Rachel] Staryu (x)
Move Mod:

Effects: this makes Rachel get stuck in an encore. It repeats its last-used move for 1-5 actions. However, unlike a normal encore, during each progressive attack, +1 damage is added to the attack's overall power (maximum of +5).

If first stages are 'frowned upon' when it comes to attributes that should either be in the rules, or not be the case. Eh. Now I have to come up with sig moves for them.

And I'm afraid you need to list the Poké's info before-and-after evolution.

Okey. I'll try this and you can tell me what to add. *repost*

Lessee, I'd like to evolve Lust, my Sneasel, into Weavile. She held the Razor Claw for the duration of this battle.

Before evolution:

[Lust] Sneasel (F) @ Razor Claw
Ability: Keen Eye
Exp: 1 2

After evolution:
[Lust] Weavile (F) @ None
Ability: Pressure

Okay, so what do I need to fix, or is that good?

Okey. I'll try this and you can tell me what to add. *repost*

Before evolution:

[Lust] Sneasel (F) @ Razor Claw
Ability: Keen Eye

After evolution:
[Lust] Weavile (F) @ None
Ability: Pressure

Okay, so what do I need to fix, or is that good?

All that's actually needed is the new evolution's information and a link to the battle where the exp was gained while holding the item. All that's in there, so the evolution is approved.

I'm not sure what you mean by the latter (for damage), so yes I mean the former.
As for the energy, its +2 for 2 damage, etc.

It works with whatever move was last used.

Rachel] Staryu (x)
Move Mod:

Effects: this makes Rachel get stuck in an encore. It repeats its last-used move for 1-5 actions. However, unlike a normal encore, during each progressive attack, +1 damage is added to the attack's overall power (maximum of +5).

If first stages are 'frowned upon' when it comes to attributes that should either be in the rules, or not be the case. Eh. Now I have to come up with sig moves for them.

What I mean is, you need to clarify these factors in the move's description itself, at least under effects. This is for referee reference, so they know exactly what to do with a custom move/attribute.

Also, I didn't say first stages were frowned upon having signatures, I said they were frowned upon having multiple abilities. For instance, your Ghastly 'Having the effects of Intimidate' is essentially him having both Levitate and Intimidate. It's not impossible to have two on a first stage if the drawbacks are enough, and it's much easier to get two with an evolved (or single-stage) 'Poke. Keeping in mind, you can upgrade the move/attribute alongside evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom