• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-on-2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves heal only half the normal amount

Arena: Nimbus Citadel

High above Asber, past they first layer of cottony white clouds, there lies a patch of sky and clouds famed for the unusual wind currents that shift and mold the clouds into a variety of odd, castle-like shapes. Although undetailed, the cloudscape looks unmistakeably like a large medieval fortress. Some even say that it is a favorite haunt of Rayquaza or perhaps flocks of flying Shaymin, but these claims are unproven (although quite numerous).

For all the mystical rumors about the place, the cumulus castle is, in fact, made of the same mundane water as the rest of Asber's clouds. Thus, it is not advisable to use a non-flying or levitating Pokémon for reasons that the Pokémon Protection Agency hopes are obvious.

ASB Profile

2-on-2 single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves heal only half the normal amount

Arena: Nimbus Citadel

High above Asber, past they first layer of cottony white clouds, there lies a patch of sky and clouds famed for the unusual wind currents that shift and mold the clouds into a variety of odd, castle-like shapes. Although undetailed, the cloudscape looks unmistakeably like a large medieval fortress. Some even say that it is a favorite haunt of Rayquaza or perhaps flocks of flying Shaymin, but these claims are unproven (although quite numerous).

For all the mystical rumors about the place, the cumulus castle is, in fact, made of the same mundane water as the rest of Asber's clouds. Thus, it is not advisable to use a non-flying or levitating Pokémon for reasons that the Pokémon Protection Agency hopes are obvious.

ASB Profile

Ooh, can I do this? My Profile's here.

EDIT: Adding in my own challenge.
4vs4 single
DQ: 1 week 2 days 4 hours 12 minutes
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather moves
Arena: Distortion world
The Distortion World, home of Giratina. It is home of many platforms at bizarre angles to one another, along with a strange pond and a waterfall flowing up. The platforms are independent of each other, so things like Earthquake will only be useful if the Pokémon are on the same platform. Due to the lack of atmosphere, weather moves have no effect. Due to the bizarre timeflow, moves such as Moonlight which differ depending on the time of day have random base times. The bizarre physics of the area modify several moves' effects: Gravity and Magnet Rise cause the gravity to become random, Surf and Whirlpool originate from a point in the center of the area and spread out from there, Teleport is uncontrollable and random, Spikes and Toxic spikes hover randomly in the air, Ingrain (due to the bizarre composition of the ground) does not heal the Pokémon, Secret Power has a random one of its possible effects, and Attack, Defend and Heal order, as well as the Swarm ability, do nothing due to the Pokémon's isolation from its fellow bugs.
Every third round, one of several things may happen: Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit or Azelf can fly over and use a random attack from their movepools on a random battler, Cyrus can attack a random battler with one of the moves his Pokémon uses in the games (Houndoom: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Thunder Fang and Will-O-wisp; Crobat: Air Slash, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray and Toxic; Gyarados: Earthquake, Waterfall, Ica Fang and Giga Impact; Honchkrow: Night Slash, Psychic, Drill Peck and Heat Wave; Weavile: Night Slash, X-Scissor, Fake Out and Ice Punch), the gravity may be removed for two rounds (leaving the battlers free-floating), or nothing may happen. All these things are at an equal probability (that is to say, 16.6% chance of Giratina, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Cyrus, or the gravity).
Very heavy, ground-bound or non-agile Pokémon are not recommended since they will find the terrain difficult to navigate. If a Pokémon should fall over the edge of a platform, they will be brought back by Giratina, who will hold them in its mouth, resulting in a half-damage bite attack.
Wailord is not recommended since the arena is too small to hold it.

Last edited:
Geez I need to ref something. I think I'll take sreservoir vs Chiropter.

Also I shouldn't be barred from challenging anymore since my two battles are over and I've only got one challenge up right now waiting to be reffed. I know the first post doesn't magically update instantaneously, but just saying, in case this information is relevant to anyone else's interest.

2vs2 single
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, attract, direct healing moves
Arena: Musket Breakwater

The mighty Musket Breakwater was the fastest, scariest pirate ship to ever hit the many seas - and that one island, too. That was an unfortunate turn of events. Once known for its blood-thirsty pirates, the broken-down ship is now known for its lovely infestation of algae and the occasional krabby.
The island it found itself on is more like a big rock in the middle of an ocean, because that's actually what it is. Otherwise the pirates would have fixed it up and set sail again. But unfortunately the pirates died, leaving rumours of hauntings which are probably not true.

The woodwork on the ship had once been a fine example of architecture and design; now, however, everything is rotting. There are nails sticking out every here and there, the ground might crumble and fall underneath you at any moment - it's not a good place for a party.
The ship is also not entirely stable. If a heavy pokemon were to be moving around on it, it might be dislodged from its perch. And in its current conditions it would probably not float very well.
It's up to the ref to decide if any pokemon, at any point, injures themselves, or if something harms the ship.

Although dig, earthquake, etc. are not banned, one must consider the logicality in their use, along with every other move in existence.

Profile.

Last edited:
2vs2 single
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, attract, direct healing moves
Arena: Musket Breakwater

The mighty Musket Breakwater was the fastest, scariest pirate ship to ever hit the many seas - and that one island, too. That was an unfortunate turn of events. Once known for its blood-thirsty pirates, the broken-down ship is now known for its lovely infestation of algae and the occasional krabby.
The island it found itself on is more like a big rock in the middle of an ocean, because that's actually what it is. Otherwise the pirates would have fixed it up and set sail again. But unfortunately the pirates died, leaving rumours of hauntings which are probably not true.

The woodwork on the ship had once been a fine example of architecture and design; now, however, everything is rotting. There are nails sticking out every here and there, the ground might crumble and fall underneath you at any moment - it's not a good place for a party.
The ship is also not entirely stable. If a heavy pokemon were to be moving around on it, it might be dislodged from its perch. And in its current conditions it would probably not float very well.
It's up to the ref to decide if any pokemon, at any point, injures themselves, or if something harms the ship.

Although dig, earthquake, etc. are not banned, one must consider the logicality in their use, along with every other move in existence.

I'll accept your challenge

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of you need to link to your profiles in your challenge and accept challenge posts so the ref who picks up your battle doesn't have to dig around for them.

Taking Heavy Lobster vs Shadow Serenity vs Bobino, Full Metal Cookies vs ThaosDM and Blastoise vs sreservoir. Threads will be up in a minute.

Taking Heavy Lobster vs Shadow Serenity vs Bobino, Full Metal Cookies vs ThaosDM and Blastoise vs sreservoir. Threads will be up in a minute.

Woah, wait a minute. You're a ref?
You didn't get your account approved at the bank until after the last round of mock reffings Negrek approved, not that I saw you in that set anyway...

Referee HQ says he's an Expert ref.

Woah, I didn't notice that. I didn't look that far up because...
I'm still interested in knowing how he got there so fast, when he only registered three days after the last round of ref approvings and only got his ASB account approved (or restarted?...) yesterday. Old member returning?

*I default to he when their avatar is creepy and their gender is "it" :v I'm sorry in advance

Last edited:
Woah, I didn't notice that. I didn't look that far up because...
I'm still interested in knowing how he got there so fast, when he only registered three days after the last round of ref approvings and only got his ASB account approved (or restarted?...) yesterday. Old member returning?

*I default to he when their avatar is creepy and their gender is "it" :v I'm sorry in advance

It's not exactly hard to get to elite, since it takes like, one trial ref.

Battle Format: 2v2 Singles
Battle Style: Switch
DQ Time: 6 Days
Damage Cap: 28%
Banned Moves: OHKOs (except Sheer Cold), Fire-type attacks
Arena: The Aquarium
This area is as its name suggests - a glass case filled with water. Because of the constant supply of liquid, Pokemon with abilities activated by rain will be in effect during the entire match. Also, Pokemon with the Water Absorb ability and/or Water-type Pokemon will restore 5% health per round (Water-type Pokemon with Water Absorb will restore 8% health per round). However, Fire-type Pokemon will take 5% typeless damage each round. Damaging special-based Electric-type moves will never miss, but will have their power cut in half. Finally, the power of Surf and Earthquake is cut in half, and any Pokemon using these attacks will be hit by 10% Water-type damage from the various fish Pokemon inhabiting the Aquarium.
Other Rules: Only 1 Water-type Pokemon can be on a team, all evolved Pokemon and Pokemon that cannot evolve are banned.

Link

I accept... I guess...

Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom