• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

The rules on emergency reffings have changed a bit, actually; it's now $5 in addition to whatever the round would ordinarily be worth for you. So that one's worth $18, actually.

The novice and advance mocks are now up in the first post.

Watch me fail for Novice level!

3 vs. 3
Single battle
Disqualification: 7 days
Restrictions: No moves that make use of dirt or rocks in the ground (e.g., Rock Tomb, Sand-Attack, Dig). No weather-altering moves. Chills limited to five per Pokémon; health restoration moves, ditto.
Arena: Soft Gallery
Description: For whatever reason, you and your Pokémon find yourselves trapped in a room that's about the size of a football field. The walls are painted rainbow colors, the ground looks green (with painted-on grass), and above you is a blue sky (equally painted). Also, all surfaces (except you, of course) in this place are apparently made of a soft, gel-like substance that bounces with your every step and might very well launch you halfway to the moon if you hit it hard enough. As in, it's hard enough to prevent you from breaking through its surface, but it's soft enough to be rubbery without breaking your neck if you, for example, plow face-first into it from a height of thirty feet.
Pre-Round Notes
The trainers blink and look around as they suddenly find themselves in a horribly colourful room, almost neon-bright and reminding them of the paintings they made as children. You know the ones, bright green ground, bright blue sky, stick-figure smiley people? Yeah, those. Paintings aside, though, they look on in wonder as a bright blue aura appears and forms into a tall, mixed-race blonde girl followed by four Pokémon. Almost tripping on a Poké Ball which has also appeared underfoot, she rushes over to one of the trainers and has a hurried conversation with them. The result of the conversation is simple; there will be a battle. The referee rushes back to the side of the field and shouts, "Send out your Pokémon!" Both trainers throw the Poké Balls which burst open in a flash of light; Alakazam's forms into a Froslass and Jax's into a Miltank. When both trainers are ready, the ref shouts, "Battle begin!"

Team Alakazam
Froslass
Anastasia (Female)
Ability: Snow Cloak
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Huh. A Miltank. ...Maybe we should, you know, try and find a way out of here?
Commands: Taunt / Ice Beam ~ Toxic / Torment ~ Torment / Toxic
Chills: 0/5
Healings: 0/5

Team Jax
Miltank
Your Mom (Female)
Ability: Scrappy
Commands: Substitute (10%) / Rollout - Rollout - Rollout

Round one begin!

Annie, being faster than her opponent, is first to move. Instead of actually moving, though, she raises her ears in a mocking gesture and hisses at her opponent. "Hey! Miltank! Bovine! You're the weakest opponent I've ever seen, I'll strip you down to a pair of shoes and a jacket! You're not worthy to provide milk for a human!"
And so forth. Miltank, naturally, flies into a rage upon hearing this, and completely forgets about the Substitute she had been planning. Curling herself up into a ball, she begins rolling towards her opponent; picking up speed, she hits the Froslass and throws her to the ground, immediately rolling away and angling around for another strike.

Before she can be successful, though, Annie finishes picking herself up and checking nothing's too damaged, assumes that same mocking gesture and begins to speak. "What was that? That was pathetic! I've been more hurt by a Magikarp! Is that all you can do?"
Hearing this, YM slows to a halt, thinking she's right... it was no good... I'm no good... I can't keep doing this, it won't win the battle...

Annie looks on triumphantly as YM begins another Rollout, reasoning that she has to obey her trainer; in the period before she's hit, Annie starts to mix together a potent mix of digestive acids and then spits it at the Miltank, who falters, clearly disgusted. The Rollout keeps its momentum, however, and she hurtles toward Froslass; unfortunately, she hits a small bump and goes flying, straight over the Froslass. she lands and bounces with a strong feeling of dissatisfaction, but her rage at Annie's comments at the beginning of the round begins to fade. Annie looks on with amusement at the whole affair, and notices with satisfaction that YM looks decidedly ill from the poison now flowing through her veins.

Round one end

Team Alakazam
Froslass
Anastasia (Female)
Health: 94%
Energy: 90%
Attacks used: Taunt ~ Torment ~ Toxic

Team Jax
Miltank
Your Mom (Female)
Health: 98%
Energy: 94%
Status: Ugh, I'm useless... Tormented (two more rounds), Badly Poisoned (2% this round, 3% next)
Attacks used: Rollout - Tormented - Rollout

Damage / Energy Calculations
Taunt - 0% damage, 3% energy (accuracy roll 49, needed 100 to miss)
Rollout - 6% damage, 2% energy (accuracy roll 57, needed 91 or more to miss) (super effective)
Torment - 0% damage, 3% energy (accuracy roll 51, needed 100 to miss)
Toxic - 0% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 72, needed 86 or more to miss)
Rollout - Missed. 0% damage, 2% energy (accuracy roll 92, needed 91 or more to miss)
Toxic Poisoning: 2% damage.

Notes
- Jax, please use tildes (~) not hyphens (-) to seperate your actions.
- I figure since Rollout's power doubles each time, its Energy should too. Taking Torment into account, though, the damage and energy are reset each time.
- I used this to calculate damage and energy, tweaking some bits slightly.
- I hope it's okay to shorten their names to Annie and YM.
- I don't know how long Torment lasts, but since it's just a mock ref it's not too important. In an actual battle I'd obviously ask first.

Arena notes
- Nothing of note.

Next round
- Alakazam attacks
- Jax attacks
- I ref (or not)

Last edited:
Let's see if I can pass the Novice mock.

Novice-Level Mock said:
3 vs. 3
Single battle
Restrictions: No moves that make use of dirt or rocks in the ground (e.g., Rock Tomb, Sand-Attack, Dig). No weather-altering moves. Chills limited to five per Pokémon; health restoration moves, ditto.
Description: For whatever reason, you and your Pokémon find yourselves trapped in a room that's about the size of a football field. The walls are painted rainbow colors, the ground looks green (with painted-on grass), and above you is a blue sky (equally painted). Also, all surfaces (except you, of course) in this place are apparently made of a soft, gel-like substance that bounces with your every step and might very well launch you halfway to the moon if you hit it hard enough. As in, it's hard enough to prevent you from breaking through its surface, but it's soft enough to be rubbery without breaking your neck if you, for example, plow face-first into it from a height of thirty feet.

Pre-Round Stats

As the referee presses a green button on the remote in his hand, the surroundings swirl away from the monotonous wallpaper of the Challenge Board to a strange, rainbow painted room with, somewhat ominously, no doors. The two combatants, at the nod of the referee's head, stand at either end of the room, grab a Poké Ball from their belts and send out their Pokémon in a flash of red light, with Jax revealing a pink cow-like creature, and Alakazam choosing a ghostly humanoid Pokémon. After a few minutes of commands being given, the competitors step back at the referee waving a checkered flag marking the start of the match.

Team Alakazam OOO
Froslass
Anastasia (♀)
Heals: 0/5
Taunt/Ice Beam ~ Toxic/Torment ~ Torment/Toxic

Team Jax OOO
Miltank
Your Mom (♀)
Status: Calculating her chances of outspeeding that darn Froslass.
Substitute (10%)/Rollout ~ Rollout x2

Round One, begin!

At the signal to start the round, Your Mom began thinking about which of her commands to use, before eventually deciding that there's no way she can outspeed a Froslass. Before attacking, however, she looks up at Anastasia, who seems to have no intention of attacking at the moment. Hmm, she thought to herself. Maybe I can beat her yet.

With that, she begins somersaulting forwards, picking up speed. Anastasia, upon seeing this course of action, charges a light blue energy ball, eventually firing it straight at the swirling pink blur running amok the field. Your Mom gets hit by the beam straight on, but soon manages to speed back up and do two quick circles around Anastasia before slamming her right in the face.

<End of Action 1. Damage done by Rollout: 4%. Energy used by Rollout: 3%. Damage done by Ice Beam: 12%. Energy used by Ice Beam: 5%.>

Anastasia wasn't too keen on losing priority again, and already having worked out which command to use, she didn’t waste any time before floating up a bit higher and yelling out to Your Mom: “And that’s supposed to be an attack? Come on! I’ve seen Caterpies do better than that! If you’re that bad, why bother?”

When the words floated to the other side of the room, where Your Mom was preparing another Rollout attack, she almost instantly lost confidence in her next attack. What's the point? I'll never be able to do this, she thought to herself. But what am I supposed to do? And with that, the Miltank sat down on the green floor of the room, head in her hands hooves.

<End of Action 2. Energy used by Torment: 3%.>

As Your Mom was distracted by the Torment attack, Anastasia decided to sweep in with another little surprise for her opponent. So, before Your Mom had the chance to move, Annie spat out a disgusting, green-purple goo from her mouth, headed straight at the Miltank.

Your Mom squealed when the poison hit her and started corroding away her skin, but thought she might as well give that Rollout thing another try. So, ignoring the pain, she once again started to spin forwards, gradually accelerating and heading wildly around the room, before getting enough speed to slam straight into Anastasia and tackle her to the ground.

<End of Action 3. Damage dealt by ToxiPoison: 2% (3% next round). Energy used by Toxic: 4%. Damage dealt by Rollout: 4%. Energy used by Rollout: 3%.>

Round One is over!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post-Round Stats

Team Alakazam OOO
Froslass
Anastasia (♀)
Health: 92%
Energy: 82%
Ice Beam ~ Torment ~ Toxic

Team Jax OOO
Miltank
Your Mom (♀)
Health: 86%
Energy: 94%
Rollout ~ Nothing ~ Rollout

Notes

• The way I reffed the first round might have seemed somewhat logicfail, but basically, it worked like this: Anastasia was told to act based on the opponent's actions, Your Mom was told to act based on her own decisions. Since Anastasia couldn't decide what to do until after Your Mom had attacked, Anastasia lost priority.
  • I really hope my description of Your Mom's Torment didn't sound too much like Marvin the Paranoid Android.
  • Because of the orders to move erratically, I cut Ice Beam's accuracy to 90%. It still hit, though.
  • Jax, please use ~s to separate commands.
  • Alakazam issues commands first next round.

Last edited:
3 vs. 3
Single battle
Two trainers walk into the Soft Gallery, a room full of a plush substance coated with various color, and nod their heads in agreement. They each walk to opposing sides of the arena and each pull a Pokeball off their belts. Alakazam's Pokeball releases a Froslass, while Jax's reveals a Miltank. The trainers look at each other as the ref yells, "Start the battle!"

TEAM ALAKAZAM
froslass
[Anastasia] (F)
Energy:100%
Chills:0/5
Heals:0/5

TEAM JAX
miltank
[Your Mom] (F)
Status: Hoping she doesn't get dizzy from all that rolling.

ROUND 1 BEGIN~
Anastasia starts off the round by bragging to Your Mom. You know I'm going to win~she says, bragging. Your Mom began to form a Substitute, in the shape of a ridiculous-looking crocodile doll, out of her own health, but soon as she hears Anastasia, she crushes it angrily. She curls up into a tight ball and flies across the squishy floor, knocking down Anastasia. The Froslass quickly gets up and retaliates with a few mean words. Was that all? A Magikarp could do better! The Miltank uncurls and sits there, thinking things over. Meanwhile, Anastasia spits out a purple substance onto Your Mom, which quickly sinks through her skin. She watches with a smirk as Your Mom doubles over in pain while the poison courses through her veins.
ROUND 1 END~

TEAM ALAKAZAM
froslass
[Anastasia] (F)
Health: 94%
Energy: 91%

TEAM JAX
miltank
[Your Mom] (F)
Health: 98%
Energy: 99%
Status: Wondering if a Magikarp is better than her. Severely poisoned (2% this round, 3% the next) Tormented (1 more round)

Notes:
Jax, please use tildes (~), not hyphens (-) to separate your commands.
Alakazam attacks first next round.

Last edited:
3 vs. 3
Single battle

A flash of white light and suddenly, three figures appear in a brightly colored room. With painted on grass and clouds. The real deal.
As the two trainers take their places at each end of the soccer-pitch sized arena, the third man, the one with the Kadabra, raises his flags. "Begin!" he says, waving the flags.

Two Pokéballs bounce high into the air thanks to the gel, then pop open. Alakazam's reveals the pale ice spirit Pokémon, Froslass. Meanwhile, Jax's Pokéball opens to reveal a large pink bovine.

Alakazam's Team​

Froslass
[Anastasia] {Female}
Heals: 0/5 Chills, 0/5 Heals

Jax's Team​
Miltank
[Your Mom] {Female}

BATTLE!​

Your Mom started off making a small doll out of energy. She began to shape it like herself to better confuse the Froslass and protect her better.
"Hey, you supid cow! You so weak you need a little dolly for protection?" Anastasia called as if she was reading Your Mom's mind.
<Taunt required 5% of Anastasia's energy>​
Your Mom crushed the doll she had been making. "YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT INSULT!" She curled up in a ball and began rolling, rolling, rolling. She slammed Anastasia against a wall, but the spirit shakes it off. "Oh, come on! I've taken worse from a newly-hatched Unknown!"
<Rollout did 8% Damage to Anastasia and required 5% of Your Mom's energy. Torment required 5% of Anastasia's energy>​
Your Mum stoppes rolling and thinks. Newly hatched Unknown are really weak, which means...
"You insulted me again! MEANIE!" She stomped off down to the other end of the arena, turning around just in time to not see a purple ball of sludge fly from Anastasia's mouth and land on her back. "Aak!" She called, turning around. "I hate you, you big meany!" At that, the Miltank let out a sneeze so strong it would have woken a Snorlax. "Oh, now you went and made me ill! BIG MEANIE!"
<Toxic required 6% of Anastasia's energy. Poison dealt 3% damage to Your Mom (4% next turn>​

~~~

Alakazam's Team
Froslass
[Anastasia] {Female}
Health: 92%
Energy: 84%
Taunt ~ Torment ~ Toxic

Jax's Team​
Miltank
[Your Mom] {Female}
Health: 97%
Energy: 95%
Status: Upset and angry. {Badly Poisoned. -3 Health this turn, -4 Health next turn}
Rollout ~ Rollout ~ Rollout

Mod Notes​
  • Alakazam attacks first next round
  • Jax, use ~'s to seperate commands, not -'s please
  • Alakazam, what's with the T moves?

Last edited:
Advanced-Level Mock

Terrain

3 vs. 3
Single battle
Disqualification: 7 Days
Restrictions: Only Physically damaging moves and chilling is allowed.
Damage Cap: 50%
Arena: Battlefield
Description: A completely featureless square block of granite stands on a huge stone column that rises from the waters of a calm sea in a way which in no way resembles a phallus. No siree. The Pokémon do battle on top of the block; a mystical force prevents anything from falling over the side. Two Pok'emon will enter the arena - only one will leave victorious. How on earth they leave afterwards is up for debate, however.

Next Round's Commands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Alexison
Even though I have an idea who 100th Member will choose after this, I'll give him a shot and he does need training. Jacob, stage on!

[Jacob] Absol (M)
Ability: Super Luck
Originally Posted by The 100th Member
Super Luck meet Effect Spore. Physical move only abuse time :D.
[Aldier] Breloom (F)
Ability: Effect Spore
Start off with a Force Palm to get in some early damage and hope for paralysis, though if Effect Spore paralyzes Jacob on the first turn then switch to Seed Bomb.
Then if he hit you Drain Punch away, if he missed then Seed Bomb.
Then Rock Tomb up! I expect high-critical hit ratio moves to if you get get critted then Drain Punch! This is gonna be one hell of a fun battle.

Force Palm/Seed Bomb~Drain Punch/Seed Bomb~Rock Tomb/Drain Punch
Originally Posted by Bay Alexison
All right Jacob, despite Aldier's Effect Spore AND this being an only physical attack battle, we can manage. First off, we'll go with Megahorn to hit him hard. Next two actions though, we're going to do like this because I don't really want you to have critical hits this time. D: Second action go for Iron Tail. I'm choosing that attack because of its not so great accuracy. However, if you do hit then that's fine because I'm sure you'll do more damage than Aldier getting his health back. Lastly, go for Bounce to avoid either Rock Tomb or Drain Punch.
Megahorn~ Iron Tail ~ Bounce
Round X
[Jacob] Absol (M)
100% Health
100% Energy
[Aldier] Breloom (F)
100% Health
100% Energy

A gentle sea breeze blew over the completely non-phallic granite block that would be serving as the battlefield between Bay Alexison's Jacob and The 100th Member's Aldier. The sun stood clear in the sky on this beautiful day as both trainers gave their pokémon the instruction that would hopefully win them the battle.

Jacob the absol took off running towards his opponent as his lone horn started to glow brightly with overpowering energy. He picked speed, and jabbed Aldier, sending her flying closer towards the edge of the field. Through a helpful break of vindiction, however, Jacob started twitching helplessly, in a fruitless attempt to move. Aldier had little time to think about her luck before she was commanded to fire off an attack towards the now immobile Jacob. The Seed Bomb she launched off was more than successful, knocking over Jacob, and putting to shame any chauvinist pride he may have housed.
<Jacob:-11% Health, -7% Energy> <Aldier:-13% Health, -4% Energy>
Not being satisfied with paralysing Jacob, Aldier now wanted some health to make up for the damage she accumulated shortly ago. Her fist began glowing with a swirling sphere of fighting energy. She dashed over to her paralyzed opponent and punched him with a great force. The effects of the punch were more than just heavy bruising, though. The energy on her fist was sucking up some health from the battered Jacob. Not wanting to get up, Jacob was struggling to stand. He could barely stand, let alone catch Aldier and hit her with an Iron Tail. So he and his failed muscular system just stayed on the granite floor, recoiling in pain from the powerful punch he had suffered earlier.
<Jacob:-12% Health, -0% Energy> <Aldier:+6% Health,-5% Energy>
Aldier clearly knew she was winning. So, to put a greater gap inbetween their respective healths, she followed orders and started off this action by stomping the ground with great force. Hard chunks of granite lifted around Jacob, and then crushed him underneath the cold hard weight of stone. Jacob rightfully assumed that the RNG's had forsaken him. He had been battered mercilessly by his opponent and trapped under hundreds of pounds of stone. Now he was supposed to bounce into the air? "Okay," he thought, "i'll try." He struggled beneath the boulders, and managed to loosen himself a bit. He attempted to leap high into the air, but soon found that would be impossible to accomplish.
<Jacob: -5% Health, -0% Energy> <Aldier:-0% Health, -5% Energy>

End of Round X
[Jacob] Absol (M)
72% Health
93% Energy
Freshly Paralyzed/Generally Unlucky
[Aldier] Breloom (F)
93% Health
86% Energy
Feeling quite lucky, otherwise fine.
End Notes
  • Jacob was paralyzed from Effect Spore.
  • Drain Punch healed 6% health.
  • Jacob Iron Tail failed on account of paralysis, and Bounce failed due to both paralysis and being underneath rock tomb.
  • I'm assuming that rock tomb can do that.
  • Jacob is the unluckiest pokémon ever.
  • Sorry I used the word "lucky" so much.
  • Thank god the Breloom wasn't named Edward.

Squornshellous Beta

Your battle description is good overall. However, torment would not have prevented rollout from breaking off in the middle as you had it do; instead, it would have prevented Your Mom from using further rollout attacks after the one she was in the middle of had ended. As a side note, it would be easier to read your reffing if you put a full blank line between *all* your paragraphs instead of just those that belong to different actions.

It doesn't matter what punctuation battlers use to separate the attacks in their command strings, provided it's readable and consistent.

Unfortunately, things like attack duration do matter for mock battles--they're supposed to represent how you would referee an actual match, after all. Hopefully if you were to be writing a reffing for a real battle and you were unsure of how an attack works, you would take a moment to ask.

Your ending stats should include some indication of how long it will be before Your Mom's taunt ends. It's possible that it already expired, although you didn't mention that in either the battle description or your ending notes if so.

Damage calculations are fine, although personally I would have taken another point off for toxic.

The writing and numbers for this are fine, but the way you ref some of the attacks in this round is slightly off. Either looking through other battles to see how certain moves are handled or looking in the AAG should help you with that. Not Approved

zeKieranator

Your description is good overall. The second action is weird, with Your Mom in the middle of the rollout and then suddenly sitting down on the floor without any mention of her having stopped, but it's a minor issue.

I can see why you might have had trouble with the first action. You are correct in having Anastasia wait to move, as she would need to see what Your Mom did before acting. Your Mom using rollout is a little more iffy... she's only supposed to do that if she thought she could outspeed Anastasia. Personally, I would have had Your Mom use substitute as initially commanded, because I think a miltank would assume that it couldn't outspeed a froslass and not wait for confirmation. Anastasia would have begun taunting as soon as Your Mom began making the substitute, interrupting the attack. I can see where you were coming from with your interpretation, but personally I don't like it.

Torment would not have prevented rollout from breaking off in the middle as you had it do; instead, it would have prevented Your Mom from using further rollout attacks after the one she was in the middle of had ended. You also need to remember to give some indication of how long torment is going to last in the ending stats of the round.

It doesn't matter what punctuation battlers use to separate the attacks in their command strings, provided it's readable and consistent.

Damage calculations are fine, although personally I would have taken another point off for toxic.

Like Squornshellous Beta above you, you primarily have little problems with handling attacks that are outside the scope of simple calculation and description issues. There's not much cure for those except getting a little more familiar with the battle system. I do like that you gave some indication that you took Jax's request for an erratic rollout into consideration, though. Not Approved

Mawile

Your battle description is a bit spare, but serviceable. It would be nice if you could provide more detail, though. It's nice to spread it out rather than crushing it all up into a single paragraph, too.

Torment would not have prevented rollout from breaking off in the middle as you had it do; instead, it would have prevented Your Mom from using further rollout attacks after the one she was in the middle of had ended. Also, you should indicate in the ending stats how much longer Your Mom will be under the effects of taunt.

Your mock reffing should include some indication of how much damage each attack deals and how much energy it costs. From your final numbers, it looks like you might be doubling damage from super-effective attacks; you should instead multiply their damage by 1.5. Thus, rollout did too much damage. You also may not have taken enough energy off for the toxic attack (it would cost around 5% energy for a froslass), but I can't say without knowing how much you charged for taunt and torment.

Not bad for a first try, but your description is a bit lackluster and you made the same mistakes in the attacks as those above you. Not sure about your numbers. For now I would worry most about getting familiar with the system and the way that various attacks work here. Not Approved

Pichu Chris

Your battle description is poor. You have trouble staying in one tense, and the ratio between attack description and unfunny dialogue was skewed much too far towards the latter. You should also press enter twice between each of your paragraphs so that there is a blank line between each of them.

Same problems as the people before you--torment and rollout don't interact like that, indicate how long torment and taunt lasts, no one cares how players punctuate their command string.

Rollout did too much damage to Anastasia; probably you doubled the attack's base power because it's super effective, but you should only be multiplying it by 1.5.

I would suggest that you read over a few more matches, or play in some of your own, to get a feel for the conventions of reffing. You could stand to improve pretty much everywhere. Not Approved

The Meme

Your battle description is by and large fine, although you sometimes seem to get hung up trying to make it sound sophisticated ("a helpful break of vindiction" wouldn't make sense even if "vindiction" were a word, for example). It's a bit unclear--is Jacob still trapped under the rock tomb at the end of the round or not? Also, please press enter twice whenever you want to create a new paragraph, so everything doesn't end up squashed into a big block of text.

Rock tomb would have lowered Jacob's speed, which should be noted in his ending stats.

You screwed up your math a bit: Aldier took 11% damage from megahorn, then regained 6% health... which should have left her with 95%, not 93%. I'm not sure how seed bomb managed to do more damage than force palm, given that the former is super-effective and the latter not. Seed bomb also should have take more energy to use; it did more damage than force palm, but required less energy? It took less energy than rock tomb, a power-fifty attack? There's something funky going on there.

This would be fine were it not for your calculations. Jacob didn't get to do much, so I can only go on what you posted for Aldier, which... didn't make a whole lot of sense, unfortunately. Aside from that you're good, though. Not Approved

Promotions

Shadow Serenity -> Advanced

Paychecks

Alraunne: 1 = $7
Blastoise: 1 2 3 = $21
Byrus: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 = $91
blazheirio889: 1 = $13
Chiropter: 1 = $15
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 3 = $39
Metallica Fanboy: 1 2 3 = $30
Mike the Foxhog: 1 = $13
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 5 6 = $78
Pentimento: 1 2 = $26
Psymon: 1 2 = $14
Sage Noctowl: 1 = $7
Shadow Serenity: 1 2 3 4 5 = $50

I want to do the Novice Level mock test but there aren't any at the time. ),:. When can I expect a new one?

Wait, did anyone even get promoted to a novice level?

EDIT: Oh, I misunderstood that paragraph.

EDIT 2: Aw, heck, may as well test myself into elite. No harm can come from it, right?

Firstly, the rules for the match:

2 vs 2
Double Battle
Banned Moves: OHKOs
DQ Time: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 25%
Arena: Coral Beach
A vast, golden beach against the cold, blue-green sea. Cliff tops rise high around the sand, making this beach secret. Krabby and the occasional Kingler slumber in the sands, and Chickorita, oddly enough, lie sunning themselves on the beach. A few Wingull glide lazily in the warm air around. It's perfectly calm and idle. Perfect place to wreck with an vicious double battle >:D Water pokemon get a boost here.

Next, each player's Pokemon:

On the defender's side:

electrike (M)
[Rakor]
<Static>
Thunder Wave @ Mi'r~ Charge/Dodge Attacks~ Thunderbolt @ Mi'r
Current Status: Eager to prove himself.

ralts (F)
Arya
<Synchronize>
Disable @ Absol~ Ice Punch @ Absol~ Double Team
Current Status: Enjoying the summer heat.​

On the Challenger's side:

milotic (F)
[Mili'raei]
<Marvel Scale>
Mirror Coat/Surf ~ Mirror Coat/Surf/Mud Slap @ Rakor ~ Mirror Coat/ Surf/ Mud slap @ Rakor
Current Status: Splashing around in the water

absol (M)
[Shfi'maein]
<Pressure>
Faint Attack @ Arya ~ Faint Attack @ Arya ~ Faint Attack @ Arya
Current Status: Eyeing his opponent cautiously.

It was a warm and sunny day in the sheltered beach, as per usual. Both trainers sat in the sand and stretched in the gentle summer heat as the referee that was to oversee their Pokemon battle strolled to the sidelines. Giving the all clear signal, the ref immediately turned the atmosphere tense as both trainers released their Pokemon.

Throwing two Pokéballs at the same time, Snow Charizard yelled, "Go! Rakor! Show no mercy, Arya!" Two red flashes were followed by an Electrike and Ralts appearing on the ground. Even they seemed to enjoy the summer heat.
Taunting his opponent, Zhorken fir Mih'rilla'i shouted, "Is that all you got? Some wimpy, unevolved Pokémon? Mili'raei and Shfi'raein, come out to play!" He threw out his Milotic and Absol's Pokéballs and they descended in a flash of light.
Unwilling to be beaten, SnowCharizard yelled, "Who named your Pokémon? Some mother in the ghetto?"
The Ref blew his whistle. "Stop the fighting!" he shouted. "Get to the battle!"

"Alright," muttered Zhorken. "Mi'r, if he tries to hit you with any electricity, use your Mirror Coat! Otherwise, swamp the battlefield with a Surf! Shf'i, use Faint Attack on that Ralts! Then keep it up! I'm sure it can't stand repeated attacks."

"Rakor, hit that Milotic with a Thunder Wave. That should buy you a free turn while he uses Mirror Coat. Anya, use disable on Shf'i's Faint Attack, so he'll be a sitting chew toy!"

Moving first, Shf'i went at Arya with a Faint Attack. Knowing it was unable to dodge, the Ralts instead sat and braced itself from the attack, concentrating intently. It was knocked back a couple feet but didn't even seem to flinch, and a few seconds later Shf'i discovered why. He felt a powerful force invading his mind; Arya was trying to make him forget how to use Faint Attack! He fought it, but to no avail. The Ralts's stronger psychic powers completely wiped any memory of the move. Rakor was the next to move, firing off a Thunder Wave at Zhorken's Milotic. Seeing the electricity, Mi'r recalled its commands and set up a magical wall of energy to deflect the damage back at the Electrike. She was puzzled as it saw the wave pass right through and zap her, but the worst realization was yet to come. As she tried to bellow out in frustration, a spasm overcame her body and she couldn't move! Her scales began to glow with an eerie light, granting her an increased Defense for the duration of the battle.
<Faint Attack did 12% to Ralts, which used 5% energy for Disable. Absol is disabled for three turns and used 4% energy for Faint Attack. Milotic used 4% energy for Mirror Coat and is paralyzed, while Marvel Scale is sapping 1% a turn. Electrike used 3% Energy for Thunder Wave.>

Frustrated at how the last round went, Zhorken yelled, 'Keep it up, Shf'i! You'll break out of that disable eventually!" Turning his attention to his Milotic, he said, "Fight through the Paralysis, buddy. Same drill as last time, OK? And try not to hit Shf'i."

"While that Absol is a sitting duck, Arya, you should hit it with an Ice Punch! Rakor, don't attack that thing, it'll use Mirror Coat! Instead, charge up. Then next turn we can teach it the definition of pain!"

Shf'i tried to move first, but when he started his charge toward Arya, he realized he didn't know how to use Faint Attack and sat down confused. Taking the opportunity, Arya casually strolled up and delivered him an Ice Punch smack to the forehead. Howling with rage, the Absol almost attacked, but he did not want to disobey his trainer and so sat patiently. Rakor stood still, steadily absorbing electrical current from everything around him in preparation for his next attack. After overcoming her sluggishness, she managed to summon a giant wave to swamp the field. Remembering his command to dodge any attacks, Rakor looked frantically around the beach, but with cliffs on three sides and ocean on one, there was nowhere to go. Frantic, he ran around in a frenzy until the water drenched them all.
<Absol used 1% energy charging Arya and took 5% from Ice Punch. Arya used 6% energy to punch. Electrike used 4% energy to draw in power. Milotic used 9% Energy for Surf and dealt 14% damage to everyone on the field except 11% to Electrike because of Charge, plus a 1% energy sap for Marvel Scale.>

Cheered up by Surf's success, Zhorken shouted, "C'mon, Shf'i! You gotta hit with Faint Attack this time! Mi'r, either Mirror Coat if Rakor uses an electric attack or Mud Slap to cut his accuracy!"

"Okay!" yelled SnowCharizard. "Let's hit that Milotic with a Charged-up Thunderbolt, Rakor! Don't worry about the Mirror Coat, Paralysis will get him. Arya, use Double Team, just in case that Absol does figure it out. Whaddaya say to four clones, hm?"

Again, Shf'i racked his brain for any mention of a Faint Attack, but, finding none, he sat down on the sand, utterly disappointed in himself. He watched in self-pity as Arya's body started shifting back and forth until there were five Raltses, each that looked the exact same. He guessed he truly was the disaster Pokemon, a disaster to himself. In the other half of the battle, Rakor jumped into the water to increase his attack's power and released a powerful and charged-up Thunderbolt directly at the Milotic. She tried to put up a Mirror Coat, but her body was racked with tremors and she could do nothing. Terrified, she tried harder, but she could only sit and watch her own impending doom bearing down. The Thunderbolt collided and she wailed in pain as it quickly drained her health.

"Yes!" Called SnowCharizard. "That's the way to do it, Rakor!"
<Absol used no energy nor took damage this round. Arya took 5% energy for Double Team. Electrike spent 5% Energy on Thunderbolt. Milotic capped out at 25% damage from Thunderbolt and used 2% energy struggling to make a Mirror Coat, plus 1% for Marvel Scale.>

End Results:

End of Round 1
Electrike
[Rakor]
<Static>
Energy: 88%
Health: 89%
Current Status: Pleased with his Thunderbolt

ralts
[Arya]
<Synchronize>
Energy: 84%
Health: 74%
Current Status: Feeling a little shaky
Four clones out on field

Milotic
[Milli'raei]
<Marvel Scale>
Energy: 82%
Health: 75%
Current Status: Hurting from the Thunderbolt
Paralyzed for two turns. Marvel Scale active.

Absol
[Shfi'maein]
<Pressure>
Energy: 95%
Health: 81%
Current Status: Disappointed in his memory
Faint Attack disabled, one more turn

Ending Notes:

-I used a Random Number generator to determine Ralts's Ability, as well as anything else requiring chance.
-I did not cut Surf's power for multiple targets because of the amount of water available. Also, it was given a bonus by the Arena.
-I made Charge a 1.5x multiplier akin to a Super Effective, but separate. So instead of a 4x super multiplier of 2, it was a 1.5 x 1.5 multiplier of 2.25. It also got a boost from swimming in the water, capping it out at 25%.
-I fully realize I will fail miserably at this test. I just wanted to take it so I would have critique and only need to take the Novice test once.​

Last edited:
I just put up the novice and advanced mocks, actually. To answer your other question, no, no one passed.

Hey, does the Elite mock ever change?
A&A Guide says Taunt is three-action, though I guess I should have mentioned it at the end. And as I said, in a real battle I'd have asked about Torment. Maybe you should add it to the AAG?

Anyways, here I go again. Probably fail but what the hey.

1 vs. 1
1 out at the time
DQ: Three Days
Set Style
Restrictions: - No direct recovery moves. - No OHKOs. This includes Perish Song and Destiny Bond. - Three Chills.
Arena: Indigo Plateau (Grass)
This arena is familiar from the Jeanette vs. Ash fight from the anime (the one where Bellsprout totally owns all of Ash's Pokemon apart from Muk) . The arena has a trimmed grass floor surrounded by an elliptical auditorium. The size of the arena is 100x40 meters.
Pre-Round Notes
A standard Indigo Plateau battle. The arena is a standard, league-approved grassy field, the audience are cheering, yada yada yada... Boring. The referee dashes madly to her place, hyperactive as usual, and holds up her flags. "Battle begin!"

Team Mitsuzo-kun
Spiritomb
Dora (Female)
Ability: Pressure
Commands: Curse ~ Substitute (25%) ~ Pain Split
Chills: 0/3

Team Lord Khajmer
Vaporeon
Signora del Nebbia (Female)
Ability: Water Absorb
Commands: Aqua Ring / Hydro Pump ~ Rain Dance / Hydro Pump ~ Fake Tears / Hydro Pump
Signature Move: Ice Water
It is well known that Eevee evolve into Vaporeon on contact with a Water Stone, and into Glaceon when trained near the Ice Rock. The Signora, however, had both. She was given a Water Stone in the ice fields to the west of Snow Point, unknowing that she was so close to the Rock, and evolved into a Vaporeon. The energy from the Ice Rock, however, as well as the training in the cold, essentially chilled her blood. Her body possesses qualities of ice, enabling her to reduce the temperature of the water attacks she releases. By using Ice Water, the Signora releases a blast of water similar to hydro-pump, but at sub-zero temperatures. This attack deals not only damage, but also leaves a thin layer of ice in its wake, making whatever ground the excess spray lands on and potentially freezing the enemy.
Type: Water | Damage: 8% | Accuracy: 90% | Classification: Special
Effects: Makes ground slippery. 10% chance of freezing.
Usage Gap: Once every three rounds

Round 1 Begin!

After a brief glance around the field, Signora snaps her attention to the battle, specifically to the floating, purple-and-green haze in front of her. Shuddering slightly, she exhales strongly and a mist forms, solidifying into a pair of rings in a cross around her. Dora, meanwhile, is muttering a dark incantation, finishing with a horrific wail as she bursts into black flames, taking some comfort in the fact that Signora is in the same situation, and also completely unaware of the cause. The flames die down, and both battlers relax slightly.

Hm, fire... maybe the rain will help with that, thinks Signora, at the same time gathering energy for her move. Her eyes glowing aqua-blue, she howls to the clouds, which obediently gather and begin releasing their contents onto the battlers. Slightly unnerved by this, Dora begins her next action, a section of her gaseous body ripping itself free and forming itself into a smaller version, complete with a hazy Keystone. The duplicate immediately positions itself between the battlers and glares at Signora, clearly ready to protect its master.

A mini-ghostie... must be a Substitute, Signora figures, remembering her commands in that eventuality. Breating in as deeply as she can, she spits out a high-pressure jet of water from a hidden reserve within her body, which collides with the Substitute, pummeling it and shoving it backwards. While its body mass is severely diminished, it can still take a good hit; behind it, the original begins another ghostly chant, ending with a wail eerily similar to the Curse. Both battlers' bodies glow white, and glowing orbs rip themselves free from Signora and fly to Dora. The glow fades, and while Dora looks much less fatigued, the same cannot be said for Signora; she is panting heavily and her vision is becoming hazy for brief moments.

Signora's body briefly flares up in black fire once again, and as it dies down, she feels significantly weaker than before. She feels a very slight soothing from the swirling water surrounding her; it does very little to help.

The referee holds up her flags, shouting "Round end!"

Round 1 End!

Team Mitsuzo-kun
Spiritomb
Dora (Female)
Ability: Pressure
Health: 62%
Energy: 61%
Attacks Used: Curse ~ Substitute (25%) ~ Pain Split
Ani442MS.png
Substitute
Health:
9%

Team Lord Khajmer
Vaporeon
Signora del Nebbia (Female)
Ability: Water Absorb
Health: 57%
Energy: 86%
Attacks Used: Aqua Ring ~ Rain Dance ~ Hydro Pump
Signature Move: Ice Water
It is well known that Eevee evolve into Vaporeon on contact with a Water Stone, and into Glaceon when trained near the Ice Rock. The Signora, however, had both. She was given a Water Stone in the ice fields to the west of Snow Point, unknowing that she was so close to the Rock, and evolved into a Vaporeon. The energy from the Ice Rock, however, as well as the training in the cold, essentially chilled her blood. Her body possesses qualities of ice, enabling her to reduce the temperature of the water attacks she releases. By using Ice Water, the Signora releases a blast of water similar to hydro-pump, but at sub-zero temperatures. This attack deals not only damage, but also leaves a thin layer of ice in its wake, making whatever ground the excess spray lands on and potentially freezing the enemy.
Type: Water | Damage: 8% | Accuracy: 90% | Classification: Special
Effects: Makes ground slippery. 10% chance of freezing.
Usage Gap: Once every three rounds

Damage / Energy Calculations
Aqua Ring - Heals 1% at the end of each action. 2% energy.
Curse - 50% health (Dora), 8% energy. Caused Signora 6% damage at the end of the round.
Rain Dance - 4% energy.
Substitute - 25% health (Dora), 12% energy.
Hydro Pump - 16% damage (Substitute), 8% energy. Accuracy roll 15 (needed 81 or higher to miss)
Pain Split - Set both battlers' health to 62% (Signora had 100%, Dora had 25%). 19% energy.

Notes
- I don't think Curse (50%) means anything. A Curse doesn't have any sort of distinction, does it?
- Lord Khajmer, Signora's Sig move is missing some stuff: Target, Energy, Duration, Usage gap. Doesn't matter in this round though. Just for the record, it's also Snowpoint, as opposed to Snow Point.
- I used this to calculate damage and energy.

Arena Notes
- Raining (two more rounds). The ground is wet from the Hydro Pump.

Next Round
- Mitsuzo-kun Attacks
- Lord Khajmer Attacks
- I ref. Or well, it's a mock, so not.

Last edited:
The elite mock changes whenever someone attempts it. This is rare, so it doesn't change often.

I'll try out for the Advanced ref position, because apparently I have a deathwish

Single battle
Disqualification: 3 days
Restrictions: No OHKO moves, no direct recovery moves.
Damage Cap: 50%
Arena: Battlefield
Description: A completely featureless square block of granite stands on a huge stone column that rises from the waters of a calm sea in a way which in no way resembles a phallus. No siree. The Pokémon do battle on top of the block; a mystical force prevents anything from falling over the side. Two Pokémon will enter the arena - only one will leave victorious. How on earth they leave afterwards is up for debate, however. Definitely not the same as processr's arena. I mean, you just have to look at the surroundings...

Round X: Pre-Round

processr (xO)
Mamoswine
Forte (M) <Oblivious>
Health: 54%
Energy: 62%
Status: Burned (-3% per round), Light Screen up (2 more actions), Reflect up (3 more actions), has a Substitute up (26% health), Attack -2."OK...and then there were five."
Commands: Hail~Ice Beam~Blizzard

Elbub (xO)
Dragonair
Martini (M) <Shed Skin>
Health: 46%
Energy: 73%
Commands: Agility~Substitute 10%~Dragon Pulse

Round X: Begin!
Forte, as is his...forte...opens up the round by stampeding around on the mysteriously floating block of granite that makes up the arena, trumpeting loudly, although his Substitute simply sits there and rests on the platform. After stampeding enough (much to the irritation of the five Dragonair on the other side of the arena), Forte begins to glow a bright, iridescent blue, and on the last note of his call, hail begins flooding into the arena, pelting the water below the platform. Martini is utterly nonplussed as he frantically gazes left and right, seeing the other four Dragonair flicker in and out of visibility as the freezing cold projectiles sliced right through them. So much for hard work. Struggling to gain back his concentration, Martini hurriedly does a few laps around his side of the arena (not wanting to stray too close to the mammoth on the other side), and gets consumed in the action. When Martini comes back to a stop, he seems...faster, more aware of himself, his surroundings, of the Mamoswine readying his next attack...oh wait.

<Forte: -0% Health, -6% Energy, Sub has 26% left||Martini: -1% Health, -3% Energy, Speed +2, no more clones>

Martini, rather than get hammered by whatever attack Forte is about to launch in his direction, decides to take advantage of his newfound speed to protect himself. Concentrating all of his energy directly behind him, the Dragonair wraps his tail around the air repeatedly, until the airspace that the tail has contacted now seems to be solid and is deflecting hailstones in every direction. Eventually, the solid air colors itself in, and takes the form of a Dragonair, the real one ducking behind the imitation. Forte sees this and has a miniature temper tantrum. From the look on his face, Forte seems to be declaring "Just great" to the world. After all, it seems fortune will never reward him with a one-on-one fight. Nevertheless, the woolly mammoth takes aim at the twin Dragonair in the middle of the platform, and builds up the frost in his mouth. It's not that hard, seeing as it's already freezing outside, and he wastes no time in shooting a concentrated burst of solid ice at the Dragonair he believes to be Martini. The substitute awakens suddenly, and leaps in front of the assault, the Ice Beam pummeling the poor creature, causing it to explode into an array of multicolored light and Forte to cackle (as much as a Mamoswine can). However, the cackle is cut short as a shattering sound is heard, and Forte grunts in pain--the Light Screen surrounding the Mamoswine has gone, and with its departure the burns on Forte's sides flare up again.

<Forte: -3% Health, -7% Energy, Light Screen ended, Sub has 26% left||Martini: -6% Health, -10% Energy, Sub is gone>

Martini is quickly losing ground to the advancing Mamoswine, but he still (per trainer's orders) half-flies half-slithers towards the mammoth, a bright light emanating from the serpent and causing it to stand out in the hailstorm. The Dragonair lets the energy loose in a wave, running smack-dab into Forte...'s Substitute. The puppet Mamoswine, who laid low at the other half of the stage, dissapeared, running at breakneck speeds to meet the wave of dragon energy. Making a dashing leap, the Substitute careens to the real Forte, and leaping over it's head, collides head-on with the blast. Martini smirks, for this is surely the end of the pesky substitute--but alas, he still sees two tusked beasts staring back at him with vengeance on their minds. Forte, delusional with anger, roars at the sky. The sky listens to the roar--at least that's how it happens in Martini's eyes, as he is almost frozen to death by an onslaught of snow and ice and hail. The Dragonair lies limp on the platform, begging for unconsciousness to hurry up and come. Similarly to last action, something shatters, and Mamoswine plods the granite nervously--the blue aura of his Reflect is now missing.

<Forte: -0% Health, -8% Energy, Reflect is gone, Sub has 15% left||Martini: -25% Health, -8% Energy>

Round X: Post-Round
processr (xO)
Mamoswine
Forte (M) <Oblivious>
Health: 51%
Energy: 40%
Status: Burned (-3% per round), has a Substitute up (15% health), Attack -2. "ROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!!!"
Commands: Hail~Ice Beam~Blizzard

Elbub (xO)
Dragonair
Martini (M) <Shed Skin>
Health: 14%
Energy: 52%
Status: Attack +2, Speed +2. "Why me? Why me against that monster over there? Is this some kind of sick joke?"
Commands: Agility~Substitute 10%~Dragon Pulse

Referee's Notes
~On the first action, Martini used an extra 1% energy trying to Agility through a hailstorm.
~Hail disintegrated all of Martini's clones on the first action, seeing as air doesn't like hail and there was no where for the Dragonair copies to run or hide.
~I used 1% energy as the upkeep costs for Forte's Reflect and Light Screen, I couldn't find anything that stated otherwise and 2% per action seemed a little steep.
~I'm assuming this battle is from a different ASB league or something, as here 26% Substitutes aren't allowed. That said, since it was part of the given info, it was part of the reffing.
~Forte's ability was unspecified in the mock, so I RNG'd it and it became Oblivious.
~A vicious hailstorm is pounding the battlefield, and it'll persist for 10 more actions.
~processr attacks first next round.

What happened to Monday reffings? Sorry, but I really want to get started on the novice reffing.

Squornshellous Beta

You can't specify how much health you want to sacrifice with curse, no. Personally, I wouldn't repost a pokémon's signature move with all of its other battle stats--it takes up quite a bit of space.

You calculated the hydro pump with the help of Kratos' applet, yes... but you appear to have forgotten that it doesn't do things like weather. The rain would have made the hydro pump significantly stronger. Curse's energy cost is the amount of health gained by the user (minimum 1%), so it should have cost 37% energy.

Rather difficult to call. Your battle description is fine as before, and your calculations are almost all fine. It's just that the only ones that you couldn't do with the calculator (at least not entirely) are wrong. That's rather worrying. I'd really prefer you try again. Not Approved

Captain Sea Turtle

Your battle description is overall decent, but you have some significant problems staying in the proper tense.

Substitute doesn't defend against hail. If you're going to ref it as an entity independent of the user, with both of them being on the field at the same time, it would make the most sense to have them *both* lose health to hail each action. At least, you implied that the substitute would block the hail--Martini ended up taking hail damage anyway, though I can't tell if that was because the substitute was destroyed immediately and so wasn't there at the end of the action when the damage would be applied.

It seems kind of weird to me that you took the burn damage off Forte after the second action, instead of doing it at the end of the round or taking 1% per action. Not a big deal, though. On the other hand, you appear to have messed up substitute as well: it should have taken 10% health and 5% energy to use, and it looks like you reversed the numbers. Martini would therefore have ended at 10% health and 57% energy. Other than that, your damage and energy is okay.

I'm somewhat on the fence about this one. You screwed the substitute thing up a bit, and . Overall your battle description is good, though you need to watch your tenses. I think I'll approve you at the novice level. Approved as Novice

Pwnemon

Your battle description is pretty good. You have some clunky sentences and the occasional grammatical or punctuational issue, but it gets the job done.

Ralts is too slow to produce five clones. It would likely make only two or three. There are no "turns" in ASB, only actions or rounds, and you should use those terms to measure time.

I don't think you undertstand damage caps. They cap the total damage a pokémon can be dealt by other pokémon per round, not per action. So the thunderbolt's damage wouldn't have been capped at 25%, but Mili'raei couldn't end up taking more than 25% from all the attacks her opponents (and teammate) used combined. In the end, though, she somehow only managed to take 5% damage. Charge should double the damage from electric attacks instead of multiplying it by 1.5, in any case.

You charged too little for Rakor's thunderbolt on the last action--I would expect a fully-evolved electric pokémon to be using 6% or so, meaning Rakor would need at least 7%. Meanwhile, you had Mili'raei's surf take 9% energy, although it's an attack with the same base power as thunderbolt and milotic is fully evolved. It doesn't look as though you were taking Shf'i's pressure into account in your calculations, either, though it's somewhat difficult to tell. And, of course, the numbers given in the pokémon's ending stats bear no resemblance to what the totals would be if one adds up the costs you list for each action.

It's primarily your energy calculations that are a problem here, although from the double team I would guess that you're a little foggy on some ASB conventions as well. The description is acceptable for a novice mock, but your numbers definitely need work. Not Approved

Paychecks

Blastoise: 1 2 = $14
blazheirio889: 1 2 = $26
Byrus: 1 2 3 4 5 = $45
Chiropter: 1 = $15
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 = $26
Metallica Fanboy: 1 2 3 = $39
Mike the Foxhog: 1 = $13
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 56 = $72
Psymon: 1 = $7
Shadow Serenity: 1 = $10

Negrek, I don't mean to be rude, but I wonder if we read the same reffing.

Ralts made four clones. Still more than two or three, but it isn't five.

Milotic took twenty five percent damage this round. 100-75 does equal 25. Also, I realize it's per round, it took no damage prior to that action.

I did accidentally lose a point somewhere for Rakor, but Milotic's surf was 9% on purpose. To hit several foes through a severe paralysis takes a little extra effort.

I took pressure into account but it didn't actually knock any energy upward. I rounded down on energy as well as damage.

I don't know what calculator you used but all my numbers came out perfectly. Using Milo as an example,

____
____
____
____
____
____

That's the exact total. I'll even do another: Rakor:

___
___
___
88. I don't know where you're seeing these addition errors.

Got a bit mixed up on the description of the double team; four clones is still too many in any case.

I rounded down on energy as well as damage.
Pressure will get bumped to a 1.2x multiplier soon, but until that point you should not be rounding down on it so that it actually does something on more than ~3% of all attacks.

Oh good lord. You put energy on top instead of health. Don't do that. Your numbers are more reasonable then, but you still have some issues with the scales themselves (e.g. the 5% thunderbolt).

Surf taking "extra effort" would be reflected in energy, not damage. Paralysis would only reduce the damage dealt by a special attack if you were letting it go through on a fully-paralyzed action where an attack requiring movement would outright fail.

Something I didn't notice before--you say that Mili'rae's paralysis will fade in two turns (which I'll take to mean "actions" here, since you use it that way in other places)? Paralysis doesn't fade that quickly.

Back
Top Bottom