• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Summergale vs. zeKieranator

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
Summergale said:
2v2 Single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO moves, Weather moves
Arena: SSV Normandy
Description: Commander Shepard is known across the galaxy for her heroics; she killed Saren and Sovereign, and then went ahead and saved the Council too. She did all this in a ship known as the SSV Normandy. This is where the battle takes place - or, well, it takes place in what's left of it. An unknown attacker struck the Normandy, and the ship is currently burning and disintegrating.
Notes: Weather moves and abilities will not work. The ship's kinetic barriers have kicked in about four minutes too late, so nobody's going to fall off the Normandy any time soon. There are fires burning; if a Pokemon touches them they are badly burned. There's also very low gravity, and as such jumping, flying, etc becomes easier.

Reference images, to help the ref: View of the Normandy from outside, from about 5:20 in this video is where the battle starts

Summergale's active squad: [Pandora] Abra (F) <Synchronize> {Sig Move: Pandora's Box} - [Artemis] Starly (F) - [Fury] Growlithe (M) <Intimidate> - [Maellan] Shinx (M) <Intimidate> - [Maestro] Totodile (M) {Sig Move: Magic Tophat} - [Fariha] Togepi (F) <Serene Grace>

zeKieranator's active squad: [Psycho] Abra (M) <Synchronize> - [Pengo] Piplup (F) - [Blader] Scyther (M) <Technician>

Summergale sends out
zeKieranator sends out and attacks
Summergale attacks
et cetera

Thanks for taking this, Kratos! And sorry for not seeing this earlier; been a bit hectic with homework here.

I guess I'll send out Pandora, then. (I wish I could use Shepard, but oh well)

Well, since that's the case, I'll have to send out Psycho, won't I?

Okay, Psycho, let's start this off fairly simple. First, use an Attract to try and disable Pandora. Then, launch a Shadow Ball her way, and finish off with a defensive Light Screen.

Attract ~ Shadow Ball ~ Light Screen

Oooh, Attract. That's going to be nasty. We really don't want that, do we? So you'll have to Protect to avoid it. Once that's done, I think we'll fight fire with fire - just replace the fire with Shadow Ball and you'll get what I mean. Finally, Light Screen means special attacks won't work, so... Fire Punch seems to be a good idea here.

Protect ~ Shadow Ball ~ Fire Punch

Summergale vs. zeKieranator, Round One

Pre-Round Stats

Summergale (2/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Abra
Pandora (F) [Synchronize]
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Blinking sleepily, wondering what all the commotion is
Pandora's Commands: Protect ~ Shadow Ball ~ Fire Punch

zeKieranator (2/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Abra
Psycho (M) [Synchronize]
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Dozing, only slightly disturbed by the chaos around him
Psycho's Commands: Attract ~ Shadow Ball ~ Light Screen

Description: Commander Shepard is known across the galaxy for her heroics; she killed Saren and Sovereign, and then went ahead and saved the Council too. She did all this in a ship known as the SSV Normandy. This is where the battle takes place - or, well, it takes place in what's left of it. An unknown attacker struck the Normandy, and the ship is currently burning and disintegrating.
Notes: Weather moves and abilities will not work. The ship's kinetic barriers have kicked in about four minutes too late, so nobody's going to fall off the Normandy any time soon. There are fires burning; if a Pokemon touches them they are badly burned. There's also very low gravity, and as such jumping, flying, etc becomes easier.

Round One: Begin

The SSV Normandy is barely recognizable from a distance. To someone watching from a craft a good ways away, it resembles nothing so much as a small sun steadily falling downward. It is all too real and distinct to those trapped on board by the kinetic shield, however. Walls made of near-impervious metal buckle, warp and crack in the heat from the raging flames, and debris is tossed about as a few more apoplectic explosions tear their way through expensive computers. For all intents and purposes it would seem to be exactly the wrong moment for two trainers and a referee to make an entrance and prepare for battle; then again, participants in the Animé-Style Battling League do seem to have a knack for sniffing out dangerous and/or disintegrating arenas and reveling in the chaos as everything falls apart around them. The two yellow, vaguely humanoid creatures that appear from their poké balls appear unfazed by the crumbling and burning of the ship, at the very least. Each abra stares at the other through tired, half-focused eyes, only reacting when they can at last make out their commands over the din.

The shimmering green barrier that materializes around Pandora provides some small respite from the troublesome noise and heat around her, however temporary. Certainly it lasts long enough to have its intended effect--the abra can see her counterpart hovering toward her through the haze of emerald, waving sleepily at her as he approaches. If she pays close attention, Pandora can see Psycho's mouth moving, as though he's trying to say something to her; behind her protect, however, she finds herself quite disinclined to listen, and at any rate the barrier dampens whatever parts of the sound are not already drowned out by the shrieking of sirens and the creak of failing supports.

Psycho grunts irritably, glaring at Pandora through one narrowed eye as her shield dissolves. She doesn't look as though she's attracted to him in the slightest; granted, given all of the heat and hullabaloo going on around him this probably isn't the best time to pitch woo to the female abra over there, but it sure would be nice if his attempts to get this over with weren't just up and ignored. Pandora is a bit quicker on the draw than he is and lifts her arms before he can try again with something a little more forceful--his eyes widen properly for the first time when he sees her forming a sphere of darkness between her nimble fingers, identical to the one he was just about to prepare. Pandora thrusts the shadow ball forward and sends it shooting into Psycho's chest before settling down and returning to her earlier stupor.

Psycho reels as the shadow ball hits him hard, his upper body snapping back and nearly colliding with the steadily heating metal floor beneath him. He grumbles and straightens up, his own arms now raised in front of him and his own fingers surrounded by collected shadows. A flick of his wrist tosses the attack at Pandora, and this time he rewarded with a satisfying squeal when it hits its mark. No protect to save her this time, feh.

Much to Psycho's chagrin Pandora seems to get the jump on him again; he starts when he sees her rise up and hover toward him at a distressing speed, her fist drawn back and crackling with open flame. He raises his hands again, this time in self-defense, but to no avail--Pandora's blazing knuckles collide squarely with his cheek and snap his head painfully to the side. He grumbles and rubs his singed cheek with one hand, waving the other in vague patterns in front of him. Light dances around his fingers before appearing to solidify into a hazy wall before him. The light screen appears to be sound, though he can't help but feel as though it would've been a lot more useful earlier, when Pandora threw that shadow ball at him. Hindsight really is twenty-twenty, I suppose, he thinks as he settles down to await his new commands.

Round One: Close

Post-Round Stats

Abra
Health: 84%
Energy: 83%
Status: Glaring at the light screen through half-closed eyes

Abra
Psycho (M) [Synchronize]
Health: 78%
Energy: 85%
Status: Wishing he'd had a chance to set the light screen up earlier

zeKieranator's Light Screen: 4 actions remaining

Arena Status: Nothing has changed.

Ref's Notes
-I watched the video and suppose I have a decent picture of the relevant parts of the Normandy in mind, but as I don't know much about the game (or spacecraft in general) I will probably butcher my descriptions of some stuff. Apologies in advance.
-Summergale attacks first next round.

Alright. First of all, if he tries Attract or any other status effects, Protect. For the first action I want you to use Toxic, and follow it up with Hypnosis. If Hypnosis worked, then use Dream Eater to stock up on energy. If it failed, I want you to try it again.

Toxic/Protect ~ Hypnosis/Protect ~ Dream Eater/Hypnosis/Protect

Last edited:
Summergale vs. zeKieranator, Round Two

Pre-Round Stats

Abra
Health: 84%
Energy: 83%
Status: Glaring at the light screen through half-closed eyes
Pandora's Commands: Toxic/Protect ~ Hypnosis/Protect ~ Dream Eater/Hypnosis/Protect

Abra
Psycho (M) [Synchronize]
Energy: 85%
Status: Wishing he'd had a chance to set the light screen up earlier
Psycho's Commands: Safeguard ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball

zeKieranator's Light Screen: 4 actions remaining

Round Two: Begin

The Normandy continues to fall apart, almost entirely ignored, around the abra's ears; they have more important things to worry about at the moment and remain wholly unconcerned by the continued sounds of mayhem. Psycho, for example, is not too keen on letting Pandora take the initiative yet again. His hands stretch out in front of him once more, gauzy, golden filaments springing from his fingertips this time. The light fibers quickly weave themselves into a thin, gossamer film that forms a wall in front of Psycho's body, just behind the pale light screen that's already there. Pandora pouts when she recognizes the safeguard for what it is, quickly realizing that that's going to tear a huge, ungainly hole in her plans for the entire round. She moves tentatively forward anyway, though, having nothing better to do than try. She spits the purplish goo welling up in her mouth at Psycho, knowing what the result will be even before she gets the last of the foul liquid off of her tongue--sure enough, the poison seems to spatter harmlessly over the safeguard between them, leaving Psycho unscathed.

About time one of these screens actually stepped in in time to be useful, Psycho thinks as he prepares another shadow ball. He smiles, watching Pandora at the same time he assembles the blob of darkness--she isn't trying to do the same thing again. Better yet, she doesn't seem to know what she's doing at all. He takes advantage of her confusion and tosses the shadow ball in her direction, his smile widening as it passes cleanly through both barriers and collides with her chest.

Pandora gasps as the shadow ball hits her unresisted, the attack nearly knocking her onto her back. Worse yet, she isn't sure how she's supposed to respond to that. Her only viable order is to use hypnosis, which would ordinarily be a bad enough idea given the safeguard, but... now that she really thinks about it, does she even know how to use hypnosis? She's familiar with the general gist of the attack, but she's never used it or been taught how to do so. No, she couldn't try to hypnotize her opponent, even if she wanted to... so what, exactly, is she supposed to do?

No answer is forthcoming, unfortunately for Pandora, leaving her to sit and stew while Psycho gleefully charges up a third shadow ball. The sphere of ghostly energy strikes true, as before, and sears away at the armor on Pandora's chest. The female abra grits her teeth and buries her face in her hands, horribly sore but now more embarrassed than anything else. She still can't use hypnosis, she still doesn't know what to do... could this possibly get any worse?

Round Two: Close

Post-Round Stats

Abra
Health: 54% (CAPPED)
Energy: 77%

Abra
Psycho (M) [Synchronize]
Energy: 63%

zeKieranator's Light Screen: 1 action remaining
zeKieranator's Safeguard: 2 actions remaining

Arena Status: Nothing has changed.

Ref's Notes
-Abra can't learn hypnosis as far as I can tell, so Pandora did nothing on her last two actions.
-Pandora hit the damage cap on the third action.
-Summergale: I know you were only adding a command string, and I'm reasonably confident that you didn't actually change your orders, but please don't edit your post for any reason after your opponent has posted. I could've interpreted your commands without the string, and editing after zeKieranator posts just makes you look suspicious. I'll ask for clarification if I need it. I'll let it go this time because I'm sure that that's all you did, but if you do it again I'll have to disqualify you. :/
-zeKieranator attacks first next round.

First of all, let's refresh that Light Screen you had going on earlier. Then, you have a couple options, depending on what Pandora does next. If she sets up Light Screen on the first or second action (or if she uses Protect for the second action), use a medium Substitute and then a Focus Punch, but if her 3rd action is Protect, swap that Focus Punch for a Chill. Otherwise, just blast some Shadow Balls her way.

Light Screen ~ Shadow Ball/Substitute (15%) ~ Shadow Ball/Focus Punch/Chill

Well, I think that's every possible thing that could go wrong, so let's say I'm good to go.

Day late, but oh, well.

Summergale is DQ'd and the match goes to zeKieranator. He gets $8 for winning and Psycho gets 1 exp. Summergale receives no money but Pandora gets 1 exp. I get $5 for reffing. It was sort of interesting while it lasted, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom