• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Labyrinth

Skylark

Welcome to the labyrinth, an ever-growing maze that you can never hope to figure out. The creatures you can find here are extremely varied. This is due to the fact that the labyrinth is not made of only one material. One section may be made of old crumbling stone while another may be made of ice, and a totally different section could possibly include a crystal cavern. You’ll almost never know where you’ll end up in, so I highly suggest you bring along a companion or two – something that knows teleport would be best. Don’t even try to fly out of the maze. The walls will just grow higher. Pokeballs are $1 a piece. Buying 10 balls will get you 1 ball free.

429.png
:
Close your eyes you stupid fool.
You’re better off without them.

Don’t go to sleep, lest you drool,
But think about this problem.

Three paths ahead, one you must choose.
Take caution now, don’t be confused.

The first path is littered with blood.
Into the darkness you must trod.

Screeches and wails are heard within.
Take caution if you choose here to begin.

From the second path wafts a breeze.
Inviting you to do as you please.

The humid and salty air
Has an enchanting mermaid flair.

Last but not least is ancient stone.
Old skulls tossed aside, lay next to bone.

The walls are dusty, crumbling and gray.
Hope you won’t be crushed and die in dismay.

The earth is shifting and roars can be heard.
Be wise now and take heed of my word.

Choose wisely now my dear poor soul
So you may survive and reach your goal.

Tacky poem aside, the maze is a living growing structure. Turning back doesn’t necessarily mean returning to a previous section of the labyrinth. I will give you an option to catch a pokemon or give you multiple paths to take. I will give you a brief description about every path I give you. Take note that each section is different from the other. You can use teleport if you want to return to a section you have visited in the last 4 actions. You might find items while exploring the labyrinth. After encountering a certain number of pokemon, (This number is dependent on the number of pokeballs you buy) you will start feeling a small breeze. This breeze will get stronger and stronger until you are blown out. (Numbers regarding this near the end of the post) After using all your pokeballs or if you’ve not posted for more than a month, whichever comes first, my Shiny Mismagius and I will phase through the walls and lead you back to the entrance. (I don’t have a pokemon who learns teleport. Go figure!)

The odds of finding a shiny pokemon 1:199
*note* Ghost pokemon are the most abundant in the labyrinth. They can appear in any part of the labyrinth due to them phasing in and out of the walls. Expect fossil pokemon once in a while. City pokemon like Snubull and Skitty will not be found here. There may be corridors flooded with water, but don’t expect large water pokemon like Wailord or deep sea pokemon like Clamperl.

Here are the pokemon that have been found wandering around in the labyrinth. Note that they do not all appear in the same part of the labyrinth.
spiritombsableyemisdreavuslotadhoundourmamoswineprinplupmightyenabanettepoochyenahaunter
quagsireslowbrodrifblimbuizelgastlyskuntankdrifloonkabutokinglerdusclopsfloatzel
squirtlemismagiusshellos-eastshellos-westspiritombkabutopstyranitargeodudeomanytenosepassgolduck
lombreunown-psableyegibledratiniweavilelarvitarmanectricshedinjaduskullmasquerain
shinxmurkrowabsolgulpinabraaronhoundoomgengarmukrampardosrhyhorn
vulpixhonchkrowdusknoir
Number of pokeballs~~~~Number of encounters for wind to start~~~~Number of encounters to be blown out
.........1..............................................3...........................................................5
.........2..............................................5...........................................................9
.........3..............................................7...........................................................12
.........4..............................................10.........................................................15
.........5..............................................13.........................................................18
.........6..............................................15.........................................................20
.........7..............................................18...........................................................23
.........8..............................................21...........................................................27
.........9..............................................24...........................................................30
.........10............................................27..........................................................35

I could give you the numbers after that, but I doubt someone would spend that much on a single run.

For the first 5 people who explore, I will throw in an item that can be found in the labyrinth. *nudge nudge*

So... which path shall you take?

Last edited:
Sure, I'll go and take ten Pokéballs.
With me come my Sparkelyspecial-color-scheme-Torterra Nahasapeemipetilan, and for Teleport comes Gallade.

Sorry. My internet died. Your options are in the "rhyme" Path 1, 2 and 3 Subtle hints in the rhyme give clues regarding the pokemon you'll find on that path

10 balls.

Third path.

Metagross, and my Kadabra will be my Teleports. ((yes I need two. I shall sit upon Metagross becuase I refuse to toch those bones and crap. Metagross does too so he uses Magnet Rise. Kadabra Levitates alongside))

To make it easier on me, please quote your current status. Thank you

S. Beta

O_O

You start walking forward into the second entrance. The walls are moist to the touch, and you can swear that you were walking by the beach due to the smell. Moss is growing on the walls, and as you continue, you hear a sound - faint at first but growing louder with each step you take. You accidentally kick what seems to be a red ball of string. Could this be the fable string belonging to Ariadne that allowed people to navigate the labyrinth? No! That would be impossible! As you reach the middle of the corridor, something phases in through one of the walls. A spiritomb! It glares at you and sizes you up. It seems to be strangely colored.

Bag_Destiny_Knot_Sprite.png
A destiny knot!
[Pick up/Ignore]?

Spr_4d_442_s.png
F
[Catch/Ignore]?
If ignore, [Go straight ahead/Walk back and forth]?

You hear a voice booming in the distance. You lucky duck! My first rolls ever and you get not only a rare but a 200/200 on your second roll - a shiny O.O I wish I was as lucky as you. This is your first encounter.

Companions: Gallade and Torterra
11 Pokeballs left

Mawile

The shiny mismagius leads you into the first path and quickly disappears when you turn your back. The lighting is dim, and you can barely see a thing. The walls seem to be a tinge of red. You almost step on a pair of blackglasses. You can sense the presence of angry creatures around you; growling sound make you slightly jumpy. Without a sound, a cold finger taps on your shoulder which makes you scream in fright. A sableye!

Bag_BlackGlasses_Sprite.png
Blackglasses
[Pick up/Ignore]?

sableye F

[Catch/Ignore]?

A voice echoes throughout the walls. I keep rolling ghost pokemon... I rolled a 100/200 for your shiny check. For that,....... nothing happens. Tough cookies! This is your first encounter.

Companions: Ralts and Quilave
11 Pokeballs left

Alraune

You decide to take the second path. A faint sound is heard in the distance. Splish splash, splish splash. Someone or something seems to be running in the water. Don't worry though. The water is only ankle-deep. It is a bit chilly, but you manage to walk, almost reaching the end of the corridor - a corner. You stop just before you get to the corner as the air suddenly becomes cold. You start backing into the wall which suddenly turns icy cold. You feel a crystal in your hand, and something appears in front of you.

Bag_Mystic_Water_Sprite.png
Mystic Water
[Pick up/Ignore]?

misdreavusf
[Catch/Ignore]?
If ignore, [Follow the path and walk into the corner/Walk back and forth]?

You hear a voice pounding in your head, and you look at your companions asking them if they can hear the voice too. They simply cock their heads to one side and look at you as if you've gone crazy. I am the heart of the labyrinth. Don't try to look for me; you won't. I'm starting to get annoyed with these ghosts. This is your first encounter.

Companions: Smeargle and Sableye
11 Pokeballs left

RespectTheBlade

The walls are moldy and loom over you. You feel a little bit overwhelmed, but you have fun, splashing along, as you move in the labyrinth. The air seems salty and the general area has seemed to turn a light shade of blue. A lotad happily skips up carrying a damp rock.

Bag_Damp_Rock_Sprite.png
Damp Rock
[Pick up/Ignore]?

lotad M

[Catch/Ignore]?

The ground shakes as a voice rumbles. My luck must have run out after that first lucky roll. Everyone seems to be rolling common pokemon. This is your first encounter.

Companion: Torchic
3 Pokeballs left

Brock
You start entering the labyrinth, and ride your metagross as soon as possible. The labyrinth seems so different from the outside. It seems that you entered a totally different world. The metagross use magnet rise to prevent it from touching any bones while Kadabra uses its psychic abilities to levitate alongside you and your metagross. Roaring sounds are heard around you, and the sound of shattering bone can be heard. You wouldn't see anything in your chosen corridor if it weren't for the few torches attached to the wall lighting your way. There seems to be a trail of rocks lying on the ground as a black dog leaps and bounds toward you.

Bag_Lagging_Tail_Sprite.png
Lagging Tail
[Pick up/Ignore]?

houndour F
[Catch/Ignore]?

Hello mortal. You seem to be an interesting squeemish lot. I have a feeling you'll have fun in this here labyrinth. Enjoy your time and don't forget to take time to smell the skulls. Here's a little gift for you.

A skull falls from who knows where onto your lap. This is your first encounter.

Companions: Kadabra and Metagross
11 Pokeballs left

I'm sorry to the people whose "path descriptions" weren't very good. I started getting bored after the first few paragraphs D:

Last edited:
Mawile

The shiny mismagius leads you into the first path and quickly disappears when you turn your back. The lighting is dim, and you can barely see a thing. The walls seem to be a tinge of red. You almost step on a pair of blackglasses. You can sense the presence of angry creatures around you; growling sound make you slightly jumpy. Without a sound, a cold finger taps on your shoulder which makes you scream in fright. A sableye!

Bag_BlackGlasses_Sprite.png
Blackglasses
[Pick up/Ignore]?

sableye F

[Catch/Ignore]?

A voice echoes throughout the walls. I keep rolling ghost pokemon... I rolled a 100/200 for your shiny check. For that,....... nothing happens. Tough cookies! This is your first encounter.

I'll pick up the Blackglasses and ignore. I'll go straight ahead.

Mawile

Do you want me to do the rp style posts for each encounter, (This will take me longer than just randomizing pokemon) or do you want me to do rp style posts when you change areas?

11 Pokeballs left
Items: Blackglasses

sableye M
[Catch/Ignore]?
If ignore, [Walk forward/Walk into a corridor on the right wall]?

Mawile

Do you want me to do the rp style posts for each encounter, (This will take me longer than just randomizing pokemon) or do you want me to do rp style posts when you change areas?

11 Pokeballs left
Items: Blackglasses

sableye M
[Catch/Ignore]?
If ignore, [Walk forward/Walk into a corridor on the right wall]?
Whatever you think is easier.

Ignore and walk into a corridor on the right.

A voice rumbles off in the distance: Oh joy. I so do hate characterizing. *grumble grumble* My luck (Well, I should say your luck actually) is picking up.

You turn right at the next corner and gasp at the sudden drop in temperature. Ice crystals cover the whole corridor, and you slip as you try to walk along the corridor. You slide forward and are almost impaled by a falling chunk of ice. You slide into a furry patch of wall. The mamoswine looks at you angrily for disturbing it in its sleep.

mamoswine M
[Catch/Ignore]?
If ignore, [Slide around the ice/Bang your head on the wall waiting for a pokemon to appear]?

11 Pokeballs left
This is your third encounter.

10 Pokeballs left
Pokemon: Male Mamoswine
Companions: Ralts and Quilava

I am starting to think you're very lucky.
You encounter a male Prinplup sliding along the ice.
prinplupM

Same options as before

S. Beta

O_O

You start walking forward into the second entrance. The walls are moist to the touch, and you can swear that you were walking by the beach due to the smell. Moss is growing on the walls, and as you continue, you hear a sound - faint at first but growing louder with each step you take. You accidentally kick what seems to be a red ball of string. Could this be the fable string belonging to Ariadne that allowed people to navigate the labyrinth? No! That would be impossible! As you reach the middle of the corridor, something phases in through one of the walls. A spiritomb! It glares at you and sizes you up. It seems to be strangely colored.

Bag_Destiny_Knot_Sprite.png
A destiny knot!
[Pick up/Ignore]?

Spr_4d_442_s.png
F
[Catch/Ignore]?

You hear a voice booming in the distance. You lucky duck! My first rolls ever and you get not only a rare but a 200/200 on your second roll - a shiny O.O I wish I was as lucky as you. This is your first encounter.

Companions: Gallade and Torterra
11 Pokeballs left

Pick up, and catch of course.

Brock
You start entering the labyrinth, and ride your metagross as soon as possible. The labyrinth seems so different from the outside. It seems that you entered a totally different world. The metagross use magnet rise to prevent it from touching any bones while Kadabra uses its psychic abilities to levitate alongside you and your metagross. Roaring sounds are heard around you, and the sound of shattering bone can be heard. You wouldn't see anything in your chosen corridor if it weren't for the few torches attached to the wall lighting your way. There seems to be a trail of rocks lying on the ground as a black dog leaps and bounds toward you.

Bag_Lagging_Tail_Sprite.png
Lagging Tail
[Pick up/Ignore]?

houndour F
[Catch/Ignore]?

Hello mortal. You seem to be an interesting squeemish lot. I have a feeling you'll have fun in this here labyrinth. Enjoy your time and don't forget to take time to smell the skulls. Here's a little gift for you.

A skull falls from who knows where onto your lap. This is your first encounter.

Companions: Kadabra and Metagross
11 Pokeballs left

I'm sorry to the people whose "path descriptions" weren't very good. I started getting bored after the first few paragraphs D:

Throw away the skull. Pick up the Lagging tail, ignore the Houndour, and go straight ahead.

Alraune

You decide to take the second path. A faint sound is heard in the distance. Splish splash, splish splash. Someone or something seems to be running in the water. Don't worry though. The water is only ankle-deep. It is a bit chilly, but you manage to walk, almost reaching the end of the corridor - a corner. You stop just before you get to the corner as the air suddenly becomes cold. You start backing into the wall which suddenly turns icy cold. You feel a crystal in your hand, and something appears in front of you.

Bag_Mystic_Water_Sprite.png
Mystic Water
[Pick up/Ignore]?

misdreavusf
[Catch/Ignore]?
If ignore, [Follow the path and walk into the corner/Walk back and forth]?

You hear a voice pounding in your head, and you look at your companions asking them if they can hear the voice too. They simply cock their heads to one side and look at you as if you've gone crazy. I am the heart of the labyrinth. Don't try to look for me; you won't. I'm starting to get annoyed with these ghosts. This is your first encounter.

Companions: Smeargle and Sableye
11 Pokeballs left

I'll pick up the Mystic Water, ignore the Misdreavus, and walk into the corner, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom