• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Isshu Expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
Another distant region of the pokémon world has been discovered, a place teeming with exotic species to the exclusion of all familiar creatures. While trainers flock to this uncharted land, eager for new adventures, the TCoD ASB League sends its own agents in to capture specimens of its pokémon for introduction to Asber--and as assets for its own trainers, should they choose to send along their requests for the vanguard to seek out and catch.

The Isshu Expedition

Each member of the league is entitled to one basic-stage, non-legendary fifth gen pokémon for free, regardless of the rarity it may eventually be assigned. You can sign up for one here and pick it up on the day that fifth gen pokémon become legal in the league, which should correspond to the release of Black and White in English.

You can also purchase any number of vouchers for fifth generation pokémon. A voucher costs $15 regardless of the rarity the pokémon you obtain it for may be assigned. These vouchers can be given or traded away to other members, for example as birthday or Christmas gifts. Any vouchers a member holds can be redeemed for free on the day that fifth generation pokémon are made legal in the league.

When requesting a pokémon, please include all the information you would when buying something from the Registration Office: species, sex, ability, and nickname, if desired.

Last edited:
Aha. I've been waiting for this.
If I can, I'd like to order one Zorua, please.

EDIT:

570.png

[Scarlet] Zorua (F) <Illusion>

Last edited:
Huzzah!
Yes, I know what I'll be ordering. Already have em ingame, already fallen in love with em. :3c

Free Token - Yuniran

Voucher - Wotter (AKA Mijimaru)

577.png

[ゼリー] Yuniran (Female)
<Magic Guard>

501.png

[カタナ] Mijimaru (Female)
<Torrent>

Und bank for Wotter~

As an aside, will we be allowed to use Dream World abilities?

Whoo!
Free thingamabob:

633.png

Trogloxene (Female)
Hustle
(Her name is what you call an animal that lives part of its life exclusively in caves then moves elsewhere!)

Last edited:
I'll buy one voucher on top of my free pokemon please. ETA: Buying an additional seven vouchers.

[Blade] Tsutarja (M)
Antagonist

[Crush] Purotooga (F)
Solid Rock

[Pudge] Pokabu (F)
Blaze

[Splash] Mijumaru (M)
Torrent

[Llyud] Kibago (M)
Mold Breaker

[Mole] Mogurew (F)
Sand Power

[Kuma] Kumasyun (M)
Snow Cloak

[Bloom] Meraruba (F)
Flame Body

[Foo] Bufallon (M)
Herbivorous

Last edited:
Well, that came along sooner than I expected.

I'll order a free Meguroko and blow $30 on coupons for Bachuru and a Washibon.

And God said, Let there be free rufflet, and there was free rufflet. And God saw the free rufflet, and it was good.

And then God said, To hell with it, I can spare a few bucks, gimme a snivy, a drilbur, a stunfisk, a zorua, an axew, a deino and another rufflet while you're at it. And God paid $105, and it was good, because God enjoys savvy shopping and can totally afford all that stuff. [nth EDIT: and THEN God said last-minute voucher snatching gogogogogo ($15) and got a zorua again.]

(Question about vouchers: are they for specific species, or are they just for "any BW pokémon"? In other words, can I change my mind about something I've ordered and paid for? And if I want to give a voucher as a gift, can the receiver choose whatever they want or do I have to choose beforehand when I pay for it?)

EDIT: for great clarity:

EDIT EDIT: changing free voucher from rufflet to snivy for great antagonistic perversity

[Rastignac] Snivy (M) <Contrary> (freebie)

[Muramasa] Tepig (M) <Blaze> (from Meowth)

[Masamune] Oshawott (M) <Torrent> (from Chiropter)

[Scratch] Drilbur (M) <Sand Force> given to Meowth

[Tricky Fox] Zorua (M) <Illusion> given to blazheirio889

[Skinwalker] Zorua (M) <Illusion>

[Sagaris] Axew (F) <Mold Breaker>

[Whoopi Goldberg] Stunfisk (F) <Static> given to Karkat Vantas

[Bandit Keith] Rufflet (M) <Sheer Force>

[Red, Black and Blue All Over] Rufflet (M) <Sheer Force> (needs MOAR WASHIBON) given to BRCB

[Zmey Gorynych] Deino (M) <Hustle>

Last edited:
Also, the description of the vouchers doesn't specify that they have to be base-form Pokémon. I assume that they do? (Please say they don't)

Okay then. I'll take for free:

636.png

[Chimera] Meraruba (F)
Ability: Swarm
Notes: Chimera is a combination of two radically different things into one.

And I shall buy:

607.png

[Chir Batti] Hitomoshi (M)
Ability: Flash Fire
Notes: A will-o-the-wisp sometimes seen on the Banni grasslands.

607.png

Hitomoshi (F)
Ability: Flash Fire

495.png

[Vanitas] Tsutaaja (F)
Ability: Overgrow
Notes: Name derived from vain and the Latin word vanitas, meaning emptiness.

501.png

[Maharas] Mijumaru (M)
Ability: Torrent
Notes: Name of a Telefang creature that looks suspiciously like Daikenki...

610.png

[Tanlangquan] Kibago (M)
Ability: Mold Breaker
Notes: "Fist of the praying mantis" in Mandarin.

633.png

[Adephagos] Monozu (M)
Ability: Hustle
Notes: The end-of-the-world scenario in Tales of Vesperia.

548.png

[Syrma] Churine (F)
Ability: Own Tempo
Notes: The star on the Virgin constellation's robe.

595.png

[Acharide] Bachuru (M)
Ability: Compoundeyes
Notes: Derived from saccharide (a type of carbohydrate) which is derived from "sugar" in Greek. Also nearly an anagram of "arachnid".

Phew. $120, here.

[Kreskin] Zorua (M)
Ability: Illusion
Notes: A mentalist that became popular around the 1970s.

[Maya] Zorua (F)
Ability: Illusion
Notes: Indian deity that governs illusions.

Obtained from here~

Last edited:
Getting myself a:

Free:
595.png

[Nickname pending] Bachuru (M) <Compoundeyes>

619.png

[Nickname pending] Kojofu (F) <Inner Focus>

[My favorite dinosaur species gets a pokemon version! Gasp!] Aaken (M) <Faint Hearted>

[Actually screw it guys I want a dragon] Kibago (F) <Mold Breaker>

[This looks retarded as well so I'll take it] Maggyo (M) <Static>

Nuuuuu mah monies :(

Last edited:
Hm....I need a flying type...but I have one planned...an electric type...hm...
524.png
Female(Unless genderless) named Crystalune
with the free voucher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom