• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
3vs3 | triple
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 chills/pokemon, 5 direct heals/pokemon
Arena: inside a computer screen

Using the power of GTS, ASB has invented a way to transfer Pokemon into a computer and hold battles there. However, because this idea is still quite new, there are a couple bugs. Every now and then there will be some lag, rendering a Pokemon unable to carry out a command or dodge a move. Sometimes pop-ups may appear, hitting the nearby Pokemon and dealing from 5% to 15%, depending on the severity of the pop-up. Referees are free to create other obstructions.

Pokemon are free to climb on the desktop icons, change the computer settings, open the Start menu, etc. However, if a Pokemon enters the Recycling Bin in any way, it must spend an entire round (three actions) getting out.

And if it wasn't clear, the OS is Windows XP.

Sounds too cool! I'll battle you.

So, I think this is allowed? I mean, there's metronome battles involving Pokemon that can't normally learn it all the time.

4vs4 double battle (in typical Orrean style)
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves, Surf, only 2 chills per Pokémon (as Shadow Pokémon are way too aggressive
Arena: Cipher Research Lab

Five years ago, Cipher attempted to take over Orre using Shadow Pokémon. The formula for creating such a Pokémon was lost with their defeat, but a few curious souls are attempting to figure it out, taking up residence in the abandoned Cipher Lab and hoping to find clues. Every so often, they call a few trainers to test their formula in a battle.

Upon entering the arena, each trainer’s Pokémon will get a dose of “Shadow Pokémon Solution”, which has been specially formulated to wear off as soon as the Pokémon is fainted or healed at a Pokémon Center.

Each Pokémon, when dosed with this solution, will have two Shadow Pokémon moves added to their movepool (said moves can be found here, along with the Pokémon who used them. If a Pokémon isn’t on the list, pick two moves from a similar Pokémon) at the cost of two other random moves. However, the formula used for this solution is rather spotty, so certain difficulties may pop up during the battle.

Each round, there is a 50% chance that one of the following effects will occur due to an allergic reaction (except in the case of Reverse Mode, as that was present in the original formula):

1) A 25% chance that one Pokémon will be mildly poisoned
2) A 25% chance that one Pokémon will be mildly paralyzed
3) A 50% chance that one Pokémon will enter “Reverse Mode,” in which they will only be able to use the two Shadow moves in their movepool and deal recoil damage to themselves each action. If this occurs, the trainer must use one action calling to their Pokémon to “wake it up” and end Reverse mode.

Other: There’s no large body of water inside the building, so Pokémon who must stay in the water are not permitted in the battle. There is a small source of water in the building for moves such as Water Pulse, but moves that require a large amount of water (like Surf) cannot be used. Additionally, the Cipher Lab happens to have a ceiling, so unless your Pokémon want a concussion, Fly probably should not be used.

I suppose I'll take on this challenge, although having no experience whatsoever.

Profile?

Alright. Since I finally have a semi-reliable internet connection, back to my life in Asber...

2-on-2 single
DQ: Ten Days
Banned moves: OHKO's, Direct healing, Sleep-inducing moves, 3 chills per Pokmon, no pokemon over 12' tall.
The Arena: The building of expensive glassware and classy items that really shouldn't be near a battle because of their high prices and value.

Yes. Deep in the heart of a warehouse for expensive glassware, ceramics, jewelry, artifact, and whatever else rich scientists might have, there is a Pokemon battle. Go figure. The size of the warehouse is eighty-by-eighty, forty feet tall. Shelves of things worth more than a Cadillac line the shelves, gleaming with surprise, and realization that they will, indeed, get smashed.

The items lining the shelves may also be used as weapons. Heh.
Glassware will do 6% damage when thrown, at 3% energy.
Bones and wood, 8% for 5% energy.
Metal objects, 10% at 7% energy.
Containers of strange liquid are completely random; they can be chosen to drink or throw. If drank, they m,ay heal you up to 10% on both health and energy, give you any status effect, (Even freeze!), or up two stats by one point. It thrown, they may inflict random damage of 1-20%, give any status effect, or explode, doing 10% damage to both combatants. All for 5% energy! (Effects are determined by ref, of course.)
Knocking over shelves requirs an attack, and if the shelf is even knocked over is determined by the ref.

Not my best arena. D:

Alright. Since I finally have a semi-reliable internet connection, back to my life in Asber...

2-on-2 single
DQ: Ten Days
Banned moves: OHKO's, Direct healing, Sleep-inducing moves, 3 chills per Pokmon, no pokemon over 12' tall.
The Arena: The building of expensive glassware and classy items that really shouldn't be near a battle because of their high prices and value.

Yes. Deep in the heart of a warehouse for expensive glassware, ceramics, jewelry, artifact, and whatever else rich scientists might have, there is a Pokemon battle. Go figure. The size of the warehouse is eighty-by-eighty, forty feet tall. Shelves of things worth more than a Cadillac line the shelves, gleaming with surprise, and realization that they will, indeed, get smashed.

The items lining the shelves may also be used as weapons. Heh.
Glassware will do 6% damage when thrown, at 3% energy.
Bones and wood, 8% for 5% energy.
Metal objects, 10% at 7% energy.
Containers of strange liquid are completely random; they can be chosen to drink or throw. If drank, they m,ay heal you up to 10% on both health and energy, give you any status effect, (Even freeze!), or up two stats by one point. It thrown, they may inflict random damage of 1-20%, give any status effect, or explode, doing 10% damage to both combatants. All for 5% energy! (Effects are determined by ref, of course.)
Knocking over shelves requirs an attack, and if the shelf is even knocked over is determined by the ref.

Not my best arena. D:

Can I takey?

3vs3 | triple
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 chills/pokemon, 5 direct heals/pokemon
Arena: inside a computer screen

Using the power of GTS, ASB has invented a way to transfer Pokemon into a computer and hold battles there. However, because this idea is still quite new, there are a couple bugs. Every now and then there will be some lag, rendering a Pokemon unable to carry out a command or dodge a move. Sometimes pop-ups may appear, hitting the nearby Pokemon and dealing from 5% to 15%, depending on the severity of the pop-up. Referees are free to create other obstructions.

Pokemon are free to climb on the desktop icons, change the computer settings, open the Start menu, etc. However, if a Pokemon enters the Recycling Bin in any way, it must spend an entire round (three actions) getting out.

And if it wasn't clear, the OS is Windows XP.

Sounds too cool! I'll battle you.

I'll be the third person then? :D linky
Edit: Fail on my part. Didn't realize it's a 2 person battle

Last edited:
I'm afraid, because I reset my account, I must resign from my upcoming battle with Flora and Ashes as my Pokemon no longer fit the arena criteria.

3v3

2. Battle Style:Set
3. DQ:7 days

4. Damage Cap: 30%

5. Banned and Restricted Moves:OHKOs, Weather,Gravity, Ground type moves,chill
6. Arena Description: The Endless Tunnel
The endless Tunnel is just that, endless. With only a few ledges here or there, most of the fight will be airbourne. It will be difficult for heavier pokemon dut to them falling faster. There is a 3% chance per round that you hit a protruding ledge for 4% damage.If you are light enough(below 50kg) you can land on these ledges, so can flying types. You don't have to worry about hitting the ground because, well, the tunnel is endless. There are moving platforms for the trainers to stand on to give commands.
7. Additional Rules: Heavy pokemon allowed, but frowned apon. Falling Speed is calculated with common sense,Or bulbapedia( Rotom won't fall, Snorlax would fall very fast compared to a turtwig)

Profile link here

Last edited:
3v3

2. Battle Style:Set
3. DQ:7 days

4. Damage Cap: 30%

5. Banned and Restricted Moves:OHKOs, Weather,Gravity, Ground type moves,chill
6. Arena Description: The Endless Tunnel
The endless Tunnel is just that, endless. With only a few ledges here or there, most of the fight will be airbourne. It will be difficult for heavier pokemon dut to them falling faster. There is a 3% chance per round that you hit a protruding ledge for 4% damage.If you are light enough(below 50kg) you can land on these ledges, so can flying types. You don't have to worry about hitting the ground because, well, the tunnel is endless. There are moving platforms for the trainers to stand on to give commands.
7. Additional Rules: Heavy pokemon allowed, but frowned apon. Falling Speed is calculated with common sense( Rotom won't fall, Snorlax would fall very fast compared to a turtwig)

Profile link here

Water types okay?

Profile... if I can use Water types that is.

Got a free slot, so... Picking up Chaon vs [O] (Also known as Companion cube?).

EDIT- ....Thread will be up when I can figure out why the hell I'm having so much trouble trying to view Chaon's profile.

Last edited:
Sadface. I'll post my own challenge then!

2v2 single
Damage cap: 50%
Banned moves: OHKOs, weather altering moves, dig,
Banned pokemon: Any pokemon that need to be in water
Arena: Mt. Blaze Slope

A massive volcano that belches fire at random, causing 20% damage to any pokemon hit. Digging is impossible due to the obsidian that has settled on the surface of the slope, also giving pokemon a chance to slip when using physical moves.

There are massive rocks scattered across the surface which any pokemon can hide behind, but can roll on top of any pokemon if pushed hard enough.

It is also possible to fall into the core through the hole at the top of the volcano.

Edit: Failure... forgot to post my Profile

I'll take. Profile?

Here's mine.

EDIT: Okay, thanks for the edit. But now I sort of regret it; all Fire types xD

Nobody's taken this, right? I'll be taking it then. And making this challenge:

2vs2 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Marshlands' Bridge

With nothing but marsh as far as the eye can see, pokemon should stay on the walking path to avoid getting soaked. Thankfully, the wooden bridge here is not only elevated, but wide and sturdy enough to support even the largest of pokemon. Perhaps predictably, many water's edge pokemon reside here. The river that cuts through the Marshlands is vast and extremely rough and fast moving. Only the most experienced of swimmers can brave its wicked current.

Ummm... Pentimento, please check the post above yours. Byrus was picking this up, but had a couple of issues which he and I resolved. It's been taken.

Sorry. :P

Nobody's taken this, right? I'll be taking it then. And making this challenge:

2vs2 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Marshlands' Bridge

With nothing but marsh as far as the eye can see, pokemon should stay on the walking path to avoid getting soaked. Thankfully, the wooden bridge here is not only elevated, but wide and sturdy enough to support even the largest of pokemon. Perhaps predictably, many water's edge pokemon reside here. The river that cuts through the Marshlands is vast and extremely rough and fast moving. Only the most experienced of swimmers can brave its wicked current.

Taking Pentimento's challenge.

Ummm... Pentimento, please check the post above yours. Byrus was picking this up, but had a couple of issues which he and I resolved. It's been taken.

Sorry. :P

Hrm, well since I've made the thread, if Byrus wants to he can ref it. :v

Pentimento: why are there no pirates in that arena. Pirates should totally come out and attack the pokémon. Why is this not so.

---

For Dwagie.

4 on 4 double
Damage Cap: None
Banned Pokémon: Anything that is not fully evolved (Blaziken and Pinsir are fine; Torchic, Combusken and Scyther are not)
Banned/restricted moves: direct healing, chilling, OHKOs, Perish Song, Destiny Bond, sleep-inducing moves, anything that requires keeping focus or a cool head (see description)

Arena: Doctor Kaminko's Experimental Stadium, Arena #44

Any claims that Doctor Kaminko does not test his Pokémon-related inventions before revealing them to the public (a public that is obviously too simple to appreciate their sheer genius) are, of course, entirely false. In fact, the Doctor has a dedicated space beneath his secret laboratory for just this purpose--his experimental stadium. At first glance it appears to be a fairly plain arena, with the standard clay floor, small pool for water-types and a weather generator that will respond to any weather-inducing commands. A few button presses and switch flips, however, and the Doctor can produce anything from a plethora of his newest battle-based creations to make things more... interesting. Kaminko regularly invites trainers down to his facility to help him test his new experiments, assuring them that of course their Pokémon will be perfectly safe and that of course there will be ample compensation for their time. Most of the Orrean trainers know better than to take his claims at face value, but there's no reason for a few gullible eager outsiders not to trust him, right? Besides! Shiny new toys! Who could possibly resist!

The arena that Kaminko has chosen for today's battle, number forty-four out of sixty-three, is fairly simple as his bizarre challenges go. The battlefield itself does not change much when he activates it, forgoing #3's Poké-Poles™ falling from the ceiling and #61's small herd of Tauros sporting his Pokémon Mood-Altering Keclenses™ (currently stuck on angry red) for wide, open space. The battlers are going to need plenty of room and minimal distractions, after all--with all the energy they'll have to burn, they'd probably tear something down if they were in a smaller space. For today, all Pokémon involved will be wearing Kaminko's new Ever-Energy Adrenapacks™.

The Adrenapacks provide each Pokémon with literally unlimited energy, allowing them to attack with abandon and without fear of exhausting themselves. The experiment is intended to see what Pokémon are capable of doing when allowed to battle on and on without interruption, but perhaps the Adrenapacks give the Pokémon a little too much juice. They are prone to releasing extra surges of energy that can actually harm the Pokémon wearing them, causing 3% typeless damage to each Pokémon at the end of each round and escalating to 5%/round if their health is below 33%. Additionally, the constant influx of energy makes the battlers incredibly nervous and restless, preventing them from focusing on moves that rely on calming down or relaxing (i.e. calm mind, amnesia), being lulled into complacency (i.e. attract, flatter, charm) or falling asleep.

et cetera.

Same rules I used against Blazhy; if you wanted something different (single battle, different number of pokémon, whatever), just say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom