• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Theme Music Contest

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
It's a theme-music contest.

Entry is $7 (to help fund the prizes and judges' wages)
16 participants - no more, no less

Rules:

Each entrant must do their appeal to a song in one of the following music genres, which will be handed to them at random.

Classic Rock
R&B
Teenybopper Pop
Metal
Video Game Music
Acoustic
Grunge
Disco
Synthpop
Alternative Rock
Rap
Industrial
Country
Showtune
Movie Background Music
Meme

The qualification rules work like this:

1st round to 2nd round: The top five overall scores plus the entrants (not in the top five) who got the highest score from each judge.
2nd round to semis: The top four.
Semis to final: The top two.

You will be scored on not only how the appeals go, but also how well they fit the music.

Secondary judges for this one will be Mike the Foxhog and Zora of Termina. Mike will take over for the battle round, which will be the final round.

Here's the full breakdown of the prizes.

1st: $40, a ribbon, and a gift card for any buyable Pokemon
2nd: $25 and a gift card for any buyable Pokemon that can evolve
3rd: $15 and a gift card for any Baby Pokemon
1 EXP point for every Pokemon that enters.

First round rules:

-Any Pokemon may be used
-As always, you will be scored on not only how your appeal goes, but also how well it fits the music.
-Remember - bank link and profile link in your post.

List of entrants:
Blastoise
Big Red Cherry Bomb
L'il Dwagie
Barubu
Steele
Byrus
moon-panther
Chaon

Prize/wage funds: $56

Last edited:
...I really, really want to join this, it's like.. a contest /made/ for me, but I'm short on funds. :c Could I maybe.. post a reserve while I heckle for a loan, or enter with an IOU?

Blastoise ilu <3

But seriously. :3c Thank you~ (I need to pause buying murderbeasts for real now now cause loldebt, but~ )

Question before I make up my mind. Are you going to hand out a genre and then we choose our own song, or do you hand out a specific song that falls into one of those genres?

Back
Top Bottom