• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

(Shiny)
[Ferno] Charmander (Male)
Ability: Blaze

Signature Move: Krow Kontrol

Crows like shiny things. It's a well-known fact. And for Ferno, since he is alternately colored, he occasionally sparkles and shines. This attracts crows around him. He can also control wether ha sparkles or not. When his trainer trainer discovered this, they figured it could be used to Ferno's advantage.

They came to create Ferno's signature move, Krow Kontrol. Ferno takes and action and points a finger to the air and sparkles. When the crows start circling hm, he makes two Cuts to form a small X at his opponent, leaving some of his sparkles on them, to attracts the crows attention. The opponent then recieves the Marked status ailment. The crows then attack Ferno for 1/8 of his max HP, and then, every other round, the target is attacked by crows on the last action and loses 1/10 of their max Hp. They cannont attack because they are fighting and attempting to delect the crows. After 8 rounds ((4 attacks)) the crows get bored and fly away.

Type: Dark / Stat: Status / Damage: None / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single / Energy: 8%
Effects: Ferno attracts the attention of a lot of crows by sparkling and points his finger in the air. The crows begin to circle above and Ferno lowers his finger to scratch the enemy to leave an X. The crows hurt Ferno for 1/10 his max HP. The enemy becomes Marked, and every other round, starting on the round of use, the crows attack the target, casuing them to lose the last action, and 1/12 of their max HP, fading after 8 rounds.
Usage Gap Limit: Once a Battle

Too much damage?
Doesn't make sense?

I must have forgot to add the no-crows-allowed-in-here-the-move-fails

Also changed duration and power.

The move in question would be a whimsical Metronome-ish type move that probably wouldn't do too much in the way of damage.

[The Bard] Murkrow [♂]
Super Luck

Signature Attribute: Penchant for Music

The Bard is, unlike most murkrow, a very musical pokémon. While most of the dark-type avians spend their time cawing and screeching their names to each other in a cacophony of white noise, he prefers to whistle and sing and just make music. All the time. Over time, this has given him a few more aural abilities to his movepool, and oddly a few less; although he's become practiced in a number of musical moves, he can't bear to make or hear any terribly discordant noise.

Effects: The Bard gains use of the moves 'Sing' and 'Heal Bell', but loses the moves 'Screech', 'Snore', and 'Uproar'. The accuracy of his gained moves are increased to 95% when applicable, but the ones he lost can be used against him effectively 100% of the time.

Signature Move
: Bardic Ballad

Having studied the ancient ways of the bards, the aptly-named The Bard has discovered the connection of music to to the chords of reality themselves. Using the same concept that allows Metronomers to pull off any possible move, The Bard forged an intricate, lilting tune that plucks the strings of reality to induce its powerful effects on a random battler. The deep, soulful, and somewhat disturbing music alters the very reality of a pokémon's vitality, changing its stats in a strange and quite unpredictable way. The move is quite uncontrollable at this stage in its development, however, and thus the murkrow has no way of aiming it or influencing its effects.

Type: Normal / Damage: N/A / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single (Random) / Energy: 9%

Effects: The Bard croons a song, surrounding himself in multicolored musical notes and instruments made of energy that spin into a blurred line before speeding towards a random opponent. Said opponent then has a random stat randomly raised or lowered by a random number not exceeding +/-6. The battler also loses energy equaling the stat boost times five, or gains energy equal to the stat decrease times five, depending on the case.

Usage Gap: Once per battle.

Last edited:

[Not a Creeper] Lileep (M)

Signature Attribute:
But I Just Happened to Like Little Children! It's Not Suspicious at All!

Not a Creeper like little children. He thinks they're cute. There's nothing else going on there, nope, not at all.

And he was just happened to be born with tentacles.

Effects: Not a Creeper's, erm, fondness of little children makes him want to kidnap them and cuddle them for all of eternity instead of beating the crap out of them. As a result, his attacks deal 20% less damage to baby-stage pokemon and 10% less to basic-stage pokemon with two evolutions.

However, because most adults think Not a Creeper is creepy even though he is really not a creeper, Not a Creeper becomes enraged when he sees an adult pokemon. His attacks thus deal 20% more damage to all pokemon without evolutions and 10% more damage to second-stage pokemon.

Last edited:

[Vriska Serket] Skorupi F (Sniper)

o8ey madame mindfang!!!!!!!!

Approved.

Signature Attribute:
But I Just Happened to Like Little Children! It's Not Suspicious at All!

Not a Creeper like little children. He thinks they're cute. There's nothing else going on there, nope, not at all.

Effects: Not a Creeper's, erm, fondness of little children makes him want to kidnap them and cuddle them for all of eternity instead of beating the crap out of them. As a result, his attacks deal 20% less damage to baby-stage pokemon and 10% less to basic-stage pokemon with two evolutions.

However, because most adults think Not a Creeper is creepy even though he is really not a creeper, Not a Creeper becomes enraged when he sees an adult pokemon. His attacks thus deal 20% more damage to all pokemon without evolutions and 10% more damage to second-stage pokemon.

Rephrase that with decimals (0.8x as much to baby Pokémon/0.9x as much to basic Pokémon with two evolutions and 1.2x as much to non-evolving Pokémon/1.1x as much to stage 2 Pokémon) so as to avoid confusion. Unless you're trying to alter damage by 10/20 points in which case no dice :p
Also, dealing more damage to non-evolving Pokémon than ones that are fully evolved by this reasoning seems illogical to me personally.

(Blastoise I'm not ignoring you I'll look at your sig mods later maybe if nobody gets to them first because I have a class nao)

(Shiny)
[Ferno] Charmander (Male)
Ability: Blaze

Signature Move: Krow Kontrol

Crows like shiny things. It's a well-known fact. And for Ferno, since he is alternately colored, he occasionally sparkles and shines. This attracts crows around him. He can also control wether ha sparkles or not. When his trainer trainer discovered this, they figured it could be used to Ferno's advantage.

They came to create Ferno's signature move, Krow Kontrol. Ferno takes and action and points a finger to the air and sparkles. When the crows start circling hm, he makes two Cuts to form a small X at his opponent, leaving some of his sparkles on them, to attracts the crows attention. The opponent then recieves the Marked status ailment. The crows then attack Ferno for 1/8 of his max HP, and then, every other round, the target is attacked by crows on the last action and loses 1/10 of their max Hp. They cannont attack because they are fighting and attempting to delect the crows. After 8 rounds ((4 attacks)) the crows get bored and fly away.

Type: Dark / Stat: Status / Damage: None / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single / Energy: 8%
Effects: Ferno attracts the attention of a lot of crows by sparkling and points his finger in the air. The crows begin to circle above and Ferno lowers his finger to scratch the enemy to leave an X. The crows hurt Ferno for 1/10 his max HP. The enemy becomes Marked, and every other round, starting on the round of use, the crows attack the target, casuing them to lose the last action, and 1/12 of their max HP, fading after 8 rounds.
Usage Gap Limit: Once a Battle

Too much damage?
Doesn't make sense?

I must have forgot to add the no-crows-allowed-in-here-the-move-fails

Also changed duration and power.
Too powerful, too little sense, it really feels like you're grasping at the straws here. Firstly, why can Ferno just flick his 'shininess' on and off? The way you describe the move, it results in actual, feasible manifestations of 'sparkles' as such he can leave them on the opponent.
In addition, the damage and effect is far too great, 1/10 max HP is 10% damage WITH a scrambling effect booted on, every other action for that length of time, and no restrictions to how Ferno can attack while they're being attacked as such allowing him to stack it? Yeah, no.. this one's just not going to fly, in my eyes, without some major reworking.

[The Bard] Murkrow [♂]
Super Luck

The Bard is, unlike most murkrow, a very musical pokémon. While most of the dark-type avians spend their time cawing and screeching their names to each other in a cacophony of white noise, he prefers to whistle and sing and just make music. All the time. Over time, this has given him a few more aural abilities to his movepool, and oddly a few less; although he's become practiced in a number of musical moves, he can't bear to make or hear any terribly discordant noise.

Effects: The Bard gains use of the moves 'Sing' and 'Heal Bell', but loses the moves 'Screech', 'Snore', and 'Uproar'. The accuracy of his gained moves are increased to 95% when applicable, but the ones he lost can be used against him effectively 100% of the time.

Signature Move

Having studied the ancient ways of the bards, the aptly-named The Bard has discovered the connection of music to to the chords of reality themselves. Using the same concept that allows Metronomers to pull off any possible move, The Bard forged an intricate, lilting tune that plucks the strings of reality to induce its powerful effects on a random battler. The deep, soulful, and somewhat disturbing music alters the very reality of a pokémon's vitality, changing its stats in a strange and quite unpredictable way. The move is quite uncontrollable at this stage in its development, however, and thus the murkrow has no way of aiming it or influencing its effects.

Type: Normal / Damage: N/A / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single (Random) / Energy: 9%

Effects: The Bard croons a song, surrounding himself in multicolored musical notes and instruments made of energy that spin into a blurred line before speeding towards a random opponent. Said opponent then has a random stat randomly raised or lowered by a random number not exceeding +/-6. The battler also loses energy equaling the stat boost times five, or gains energy equal to the stat decrease times five, depending on the case.

Attribute: The only thing I'm a bit awry about is giving out a 95% accuracy Sing. Sleep is a pretty powerful effect, and sans the absurdly broken Spore the highest accuracy you can get in inflicting it is 60%, and for a reason. The moves Bard loses are mostly reliable moves, anyway - at least snore is 100% accuracy as is, so being affected all the time isn't a particularly harsh penalty. You may want to add other harsh sounds he cannot learn to the vulnerability list, as well - such as Metal Sound.
As for sing, I'd say cap it at roughly 75% accuracy.

Move: Even for being random, I don't think, at very least a Murkrow, should be able to alter a stat by up to +/-6, that's a /major/ swing in one way or another, and would be beyond game changing in some cases. (In a worst case scenario, let's say he raises a physical attacker's special attack by +6, this leaves them 30% energy in the hole. Alternately, he could decrease their primary stat or a defensive stat (Murkrow having a good mixed movepool) by up to -6, and even for the energy gain it could be impossible to recover from.) I'd say cut the maximum potential change to +/-3.

Anyway, quick evolution for me~

eevee
[Tiamat] Eevee (Female)
[Adaptability]
<Water Stone>
l
l
l
l
l
V
vaporeon
[Tiamat] Vaporeon (Female)
[Water Absorb]

Battle Finish

YAY!!! I wanna start battling '.'

[Stryker] Zangoose (Male)
Ability: Immunity
Move Mod:None cuz I have no clue what that is '.'
Body Mod:None cuz I have no clue what that is '.'

[Pyraxia (AKA Pyra)] Kitora (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire

Clicky for Bank Stuff

Last edited:

To link to a post, you click on the little number in the top-right (see this post has 3132) and copy the address of the window that pops up, which is the single-post link.
Move and Body Mods are explained in detail in the Rules.

Everyone seems to have trouble with this at first. It's not only you.

[The Bard] Murkrow [♂]
Super Luck

Effects: The Bard gains use of the moves 'Sing' and 'Heal Bell', but loses the moves 'Screech', 'Snore', and 'Uproar'. The accuracy of his gained moves are increased to 75% when applicable, but the ones he lost can be used against him effectively 100% of the time.

Signature Move

Effects: The Bard croons a song, surrounding himself in multicolored musical notes and instruments made of energy that spin into a blurred line before speeding towards a random opponent. Said opponent then has a random stat randomly raised or lowered by a random number not exceeding +/-3. The battler also loses energy equaling the stat boost times five, or gains energy equal to the stat decrease times five, depending on the case.

Trying again, now with clearer maths!

Mike said:
Also, dealing more damage to non-evolving Pokémon than ones that are fully evolved by this reasoning seems illogical to me personally.

I think any adult would be thoroughly creeped out by Not a Creeper that they would be receiving psychological damage as well as physical. I dunno, that's my logic anyway.

Signature Attribute: But I Just Happened to Like Little Children! It's Not Suspicious at All!

Effects: Not a Creeper's, erm, fondness of little children makes him want to kidnap them and cuddle them for all of eternity instead of beating the crap out of them. As a result, his attacks only deal .8x damage to baby-stage pokemon and .9x less to basic-stage pokemon with two evolutions.

However, because most adults think Not a Creeper is creepy even though he is really not a creeper, Not a Creeper becomes enraged when he sees an adult pokemon. He then lash out with much more force, causing his attacks to deal 1.2x damage to all pokemon without evolutions and 1.1x damage to second-stage pokemon.

The multipliers are applied after all the other modifiers have been counted for (STAB, stats, etc.)

Too powerful, too little sense, it really feels like you're grasping at the straws here. Firstly, why can Ferno just flick his 'shininess' on and off? The way you describe the move, it results in actual, feasible manifestations of 'sparkles' as such he can leave them on the opponent.
In addition, the damage and effect is far too great, 1/10 max HP is 10% damage WITH a scrambling effect booted on, every other action for that length of time, and no restrictions to how Ferno can attack while they're being attacked as such allowing him to stack it? Yeah, no.. this one's just not going to fly, in my eyes, without some major reworking.

Not every other action. every other round.

And A shiny pokemon skin has a new layer of 'particles' on its skin than are very fine, like dust from Sleep Powder, but do nothing but sparkle. Ferno can move in such a way the light does not reflect off of them very well.

Trying again, now with clearer maths!

I think any adult would be thoroughly creeped out by Not a Creeper that they would be receiving psychological damage as well as physical. I dunno, that's my logic anyway.

Signature Attribute: But I Just Happened to Like Little Children! It's Not Suspicious at All!

Effects: Not a Creeper's, erm, fondness of little children makes him want to kidnap them and cuddle them for all of eternity instead of beating the crap out of them. As a result, his attacks only deal .8x damage to baby-stage pokemon and .9x less to basic-stage pokemon with two evolutions.

However, because most adults think Not a Creeper is creepy even though he is really not a creeper, Not a Creeper becomes enraged when he sees an adult pokemon. He then lash out with much more force, causing his attacks to deal 1.2x damage to all pokemon without evolutions and 1.1x damage to second-stage pokemon.

The multipliers are applied after all the other modifiers have been counted for (STAB, stats, etc.)

I think Mike's point was more that a fully-evolved pokémon like charizard is actually grown up and is no longer in its original, cuddly form, whereas something like an absol is technically in its original form and didn't do any changing. Wouldn't Creeper be more repulsed by a charizard than an absol?

And because I have to nitpick, it says ".9x less" and it should say just say ".9x"

YAY!!! I wanna start battling '.'

[Stryker] Zangoose (Male)
Ability: Immunity

[Pyraxia (AKA Pyra)] Kitora (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire

Clicky for Bank Stuff

Team approved.

[Chase] Feebas (Male)
Ability: Swift Swim
Signature Attribute: The Ugly Duckling

Chase is not your ordinary Feebas. It is a known fact that both Feebas and Magikarp can be seen in freshwater. Chase was born among a group of Magikarp and Gyarados in a particularly large lake. One might ask how this is possible. Most clearly seen in the games, Feebas are notorious for often moving around. This was the case with Chase. Chase's mom was pregnant and had to lay her egg somewhere. Although she didn't want to leave her egg alone, she was forced to abandon it. If she didn't, she would be left behind, never to see her tribe Feebas and Milotic ever again. Chase, you could say, was lucky. A newly hatched pokemon wouldn't be able to fend off for itself against natural predators. Chase was lucky to have hatched in a place where there were many Magikarp and Gyarados. One of the Magikarp, due to Chase being similarly feeble, pathetic, and floppy, decided to adopt Chase. All the other Magikarp didn't mind having Chase around because they felt better whenever Chase was around. Seeing a particularly ugly fish, even uglier than them, the Magikarp were fairly pleased. The Magikarp, even those born around the same time as Chase, felt that they were better than him and went on to bully him. They were far superior after all. By bullying, I mean both physical and verbal bullying. Apart from the insults, the Magikarp and Gyarados have taken to randomly bashing Chase for no reason at all. The Gyarados are very cruel due to them often being in a rage. They frequently toss Chase around with their tales. Chase didn't let the bullying get to him, however. He took on an, "I'll show you all. I'll show you all how much better I am than all of you," attitude. Deciding to become better than his fellow fish, he trained hard, splashing and flopping to the best of his abilities. When he finally grows up, he wants to be like the ugly duckling who turned out to be beautiful than the other ducks.

Effects:

Due to wanting to impress the other Magikarp and wanting to show them that he is as good or even better than them, Chase tries very hard. Due to this, he uses more energy than the average pokemon. For most moves he performs, he will expend an additional 3% energy. Moves recquiring Chase to take a break, such as rest and chill, are not affected by the additional energy usually expended. Although Chase expends more energy than other pokemon, this doesn't go without and benefits. Wanting to fit in, Chase has always imitated the other Magikarp and Gyarados. He has gained the ability to splash very high. By practicing almost all of the time, he has almost perfected his splash, to the point of him being able to jump to a high enough altitude for his final velocity upon reaching the ground to be poweful enough for him to be able to create shockwaves. Also, by watching Magikarp flop around and by watching Gyarados bounce, Chase has learned to splash upwards the moment he reaches the ground from a previous splash. This translates to him being able to use the moves earthquake and bounce in battle.

Due to the other Magikarp and Gyarados often bashing Chase, Chase's body has adapted and hardened to provide at least some defense against the abuse. He has developed an extra layer of scales. Chase gets a level of increase to his defense because of this. Due to the extra layer of scales however, Chase is slowed and his speed is reduced by one level. The changes in defense and speed are permanent and unaffected by moves such as haze.

Last edited:

@Kratos: That is a good point, actually. Sorry Mike, I misunderstood you.

Trying again, now with better grammar (hopefully)!

Effects: Not a Creeper's, erm, fondness of little children makes him want to kidnap them and cuddle them for all of eternity instead of beating the crap out of them. As a result, his attacks only deal .8x damage to baby-stage pokemon and .9x to basic-stage pokemon with two evolutions.

However, because most adults think Not a Creeper is creepy even though he is really not a creeper, Not a Creeper becomes enraged when he sees an adult pokemon. He then lash out with much more force, causing his attacks to deal 1.2x damage to all completely evolved pokemon with pre-evolutions and 1.1x damage to second-stage pokemon and most fully-evolved pokemon with no pre-evolutions.

However, because some pokemon with no evolutions or pre-evolutions are still really cute and baby-like, Not a Creeper can't choose between throttling them to death or, erm, hugging them, so he deals regular damage (1x) to all single-stage pokemon that are also under 3' tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom