• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

[Chase] Feebas (Male)
Ability: Swift Swim
Signature Attribute: The Ugly Duckling

Chase is not your ordinary Feebas. It is a known fact that both Feebas and Magikarp can be seen in freshwater. Chase was born among a group of Magikarp and Gyarados in a particularly large lake. One might ask how this is possible. Most clearly seen in the games, Feebas are notorious for often moving around. This was the case with Chase. Chase's mom was pregnant and had to lay her egg somewhere. Although she didn't want to leave her egg alone, she was forced to abandon it. If she didn't, she would be left behind, never to see her tribe Feebas and Milotic ever again. Chase, you could say, was lucky. A newly hatched pokemon wouldn't be able to fend off for itself against natural predators. Chase was lucky to have hatched in a place where there were many Magikarp and Gyarados. One of the Magikarp, due to Chase being similarly feeble, pathetic, and floppy, decided to adopt Chase. All the other Magikarp didn't mind having Chase around because they felt better whenever Chase was around. Seeing a particularly ugly fish, even uglier than them, the Magikarp were fairly pleased. The Magikarp, even those born around the same time as Chase, felt that they were better than him and went on to bully him. They were far superior after all. By bullying, I mean both physical and verbal bullying. Apart from the insults, the Magikarp and Gyarados have taken to randomly bashing Chase for no reason at all. The Gyarados are very cruel due to them often being in a rage. They frequently toss Chase around with their tales. Chase didn't let the bullying get to him, however. He took on an, "I'll show you all. I'll show you all how much better I am than all of you," attitude. Deciding to become better than his fellow fish, he trained hard, splashing and flopping to the best of his abilities. When he finally grows up, he wants to be like the ugly duckling who turned out to be beautiful than the other ducks.

Effects:

Due to wanting to impress the other Magikarp and wanting to show them that he is as good or even better than them, Chase tries very hard. Due to this, he uses more energy than the average pokemon. For most moves he performs, he will expend an additional 3% energy. Moves recquiring Chase to take a break, such as rest and chill, are not affected by the additional energy usually expended. Although Chase expends more energy than other pokemon, this doesn't go without and benefits. Wanting to fit in, Chase has always imitated the other Magikarp and Gyarados. He has gained the ability to splash very high. By practicing almost all of the time, he has almost perfected his splash, to the point of him being able to jump to a high enough altitude for his final velocity upon reaching the ground to be poweful enough for him to be able to create shockwaves. Also, by watching Magikarp flop around and by watching Gyarados bounce, Chase has learned to splash upwards the moment he reaches the ground from a previous splash. This translates to him being able to use the moves earthquake and bounce in battle.

Due to the other Magikarp and Gyarados often bashing Chase, Chase's body has adapted and hardened to provide at least some defense against the abuse. He has developed an extra layer of scales. Chase gets a level of increase to his defense because of this. Due to the extra layer of scales however, Chase is slowed and his speed is reduced by one level. The changes in defense and speed are permanent and unaffected by moves such as haze.

I really can't see a tiny fish landing with enough force to cause an Earthquake, no matter how high it can fling itself. Maybe some other impact-related move, like Body Slam or something, but not Earthquake.

@Kratos: That is a good point, actually. Sorry Mike, I misunderstood you.

Trying again, now with better grammar (hopefully)!

[Not a Creeper] Lileep (M)

Signature Attribute: But I Just Happened to Like Little Children! It's Not Suspicious at All!

Not a Creeper like little children. He thinks they're cute. There's nothing else going on there, nope, not at all.

And he was just happened to be born with tentacles.

Effects: Not a Creeper's, erm, fondness of little children makes him want to kidnap them and cuddle them for all of eternity instead of beating the crap out of them. As a result, his attacks only deal .8x damage to baby-stage pokemon and .9x to basic-stage pokemon with two evolutions.

However, because most adults think Not a Creeper is creepy even though he is really not a creeper, Not a Creeper becomes enraged when he sees an adult pokemon. He then lash out with much more force, causing his attacks to deal 1.2x damage to all completely evolved pokemon with pre-evolutions and 1.1x damage to second-stage pokemon and most fully-evolved pokemon with no pre-evolutions.

However, because some pokemon with no evolutions or pre-evolutions are still really cute and baby-like, Not a Creeper can't choose between throttling them to death or, erm, hugging them, so he deals regular damage (1x) to all single-stage pokemon that are also under 3' tall.

The multipliers are applied after all the other modifiers have been counted for (STAB, stats, etc.)

Approved.

[Asterisk] Duskull (♀)
<Levitate>

moar ghost types~~~

Approved.

All right let's try this again.

[Kadan] :Charmander: (Male) *rarity three starter*
Ability: Blaze
Cost= $10

[My Dark Soul] :Gastly:
Ability: Levitate
Cost= $10

[Blitz] Electrike (Female)
Ability: Static
Cost= $15

Bank Account

Mmkay. A few things that might be confusing are clarified in parantheses.

_____

[Dia] Sableye (Male)
Ability: Stall
Move Mod: Jewel Scatter

Dia has loved his jewels for a long time. He has gained such a huge collection, yet no one but him has actually figured out where he keeps them. In Jewel Scatter, he gathers three separate treats of his and throws them around, wildly hitting his opponents and scattering them around the arena. His aim is horrible, though, and he would never be able to make sure all his targets all hit their mark.

Dia's jewels are expensive, but endless munching on them has lowered their worth. Therefore, no matter where you try to sell them, you can never expect more than $3. Even so, Dia's trainer has accepted that and may call on Dia hand over a jewel to sell.

Enemy pokemon may also steal the jewels and make a profit for their trainer.

Normal/Physical/ 3% per hit/ 60%/ Multiple Targets/5%/ Once per battle
Dia throws three of his jewels at each opponent. Any pokemon may pick up a gem to sell to their trainer, earning them $3. However, Dia will become enraged, giving him an attack increase of +1. He will only attack that pokemon for three actions, though he may use non attacking moves if they are targeted at the pokemon that stole the jewel. After that his accuracy will go back to normal and so will his attack, unless he had a previous modifier on one of those stats. If so, it will go back to its previous state. (So if Dia had +2 attack before he got enraged, he will have +3 attack while enraged and +2 when he gets back to normal.) If another pokemon steals a gem while Dia is fixated on another, he will not notice and continue attacking whoever captured his attention first. Since he does not notice, his stats will remain the same as if only the first jewel was stolen, with the additional +1 attack on top of all other previous alterations (So, if during the previous situation, another opponent steals a gem, Dia will still have +3 attack and will continue to attack the original thief). It takes one action to pick up a gem and take it to a trainer. If the pokemon that takes a jewel is on his team, then he will not be angry at them. ( So if Dia is in a double battle with a ralts on his team, and the ralts takes a gem, then Dia will not be enraged at the ralts.)

Dia can only earn his trainer $3, and so will an enemy pokemon, as their trainer will inevitably nag them for stealing such a seemingly valuable item. Once any pokemon on a team has took a jewel, no other one on that team can.(Dia or any other pokemon may only bring one gem to a trainer. That will earn them $3, and no other pokemon on that team may take another jewel.) (So if Dia is in a double battle with a ralts on his team, and Dia sells a gem, then the ralts may not take a gem.)

Abra [M] <Synchronize> [$7]
Buizel [M] <Swift Swim> [$10]
Cleffa [M] <Magic Guard> [$13]
Rotom [x] <Levitate> [$30]

Bank.

All right let's try this again.

[Kadan] :Charmander: (Male) *rarity three starter*
Ability: Blaze
Cost= $10

[My Dark Soul] :Gastly:
Ability: Levitate
Cost= $10

[Blitz] Electrike (Female)
Ability: Static
Cost= $15

Bank Account

Approved.

Abra [M] <Synchronize> [$7]
Buizel [M] <Swift Swim> [$10]
Cleffa [M] <Magic Guard> [$13]
Rotom [x] <Levitate> [$30]

Bank.

Approved.

Ok. I replaced earthquake with body slam.

[Chase] Feebas (Male)

Chase is not your ordinary Feebas. It is a known fact that both Feebas and Magikarp can be seen in freshwater. Chase was born among a group of Magikarp and Gyarados in a particularly large lake. One might ask how this is possible. Most clearly seen in the games, Feebas are notorious for often moving around. This was the case with Chase. Chase's mom was pregnant and had to lay her egg somewhere. Although she didn't want to leave her egg alone, she was forced to abandon it. If she didn't, she would be left behind, never to see her tribe Feebas and Milotic ever again. Chase, you could say, was lucky. A newly hatched pokemon wouldn't be able to fend off for itself against natural predators. Chase was lucky to have hatched in a place where there were many Magikarp and Gyarados. One of the Magikarp, due to Chase being similarly feeble, pathetic, and floppy, decided to adopt Chase. All the other Magikarp didn't mind having Chase around because they felt better whenever Chase was around. Seeing a particularly ugly fish, even uglier than them, the Magikarp were fairly pleased. The Magikarp, even those born around the same time as Chase, felt that they were better than him and went on to bully him. They were far superior after all. By bullying, I mean both physical and verbal bullying. Apart from the insults, the Magikarp and Gyarados have taken to randomly bashing Chase for no reason at all. The Gyarados are very cruel due to them often being in a rage. They frequently toss Chase around with their tales. Chase didn't let the bullying get to him, however. He took on an, "I'll show you all. I'll show you all how much better I am than all of you," attitude. Deciding to become better than his fellow fish, he trained hard, splashing and flopping to the best of his abilities. When he finally grows up, he wants to be like the ugly duckling who turned out to be beautiful than the other ducks.

Effects:

Due to wanting to impress the other Magikarp and wanting to show them that he is as good or even better than them, Chase tries very hard. Due to this, he uses more energy than the average pokemon. For most moves he performs, he will expend an additional 3% energy. Moves recquiring Chase to take a break, such as rest and chill, are not affected by the additional energy usually expended. Although Chase expends more energy than other pokemon, this doesn't go without and benefits. Wanting to fit in, Chase has always imitated the other Magikarp and Gyarados. He has gained the ability to splash very high. By practicing almost all of the time, he has almost perfected his splash, to the point of him being able to jump to a high enough altitude for his final velocity upon reaching the ground to be poweful enough for him to be able to slam the ground with high impact. Also, by watching Magikarp flop around and by watching Gyarados bounce, Chase has learned to splash upwards the moment he reaches the ground from a previous splash. This translates to him being able to use the moves body slam and bounce in battle.

Due to the other Magikarp and Gyarados often bashing Chase, Chase's body has adapted and hardened to provide at least some defense against the abuse. He has developed an extra layer of scales. Chase gets a level of increase to his defense because of this. Due to the extra layer of scales however, Chase is slowed and his speed is reduced by one level. The changes in defense and speed are permanent and unaffected by moves such as haze.

Ok. I replaced earthquake with body slam.

[Chase] Feebas (Male)

Effects:

Due to wanting to impress the other Magikarp and wanting to show them that he is as good or even better than them, Chase tries very hard. Due to this, he uses more energy than the average pokemon. For most moves he performs, he will expend an additional 3% energy. Moves recquiring Chase to take a break, such as rest and chill, are not affected by the additional energy usually expended. Although Chase expends more energy than other pokemon, this doesn't go without and benefits. Wanting to fit in, Chase has always imitated the other Magikarp and Gyarados. He has gained the ability to splash very high. By practicing almost all of the time, he has almost perfected his splash, to the point of him being able to jump to a high enough altitude for his final velocity upon reaching the ground to be poweful enough for him to be able to slam the ground with high impact. Also, by watching Magikarp flop around and by watching Gyarados bounce, Chase has learned to splash upwards the moment he reaches the ground from a previous splash. This translates to him being able to use the moves body slam and bounce in battle.

Approved.

[Using ALL MY MONEY to buy an Aerodactyl. A WISE INVESTMENT.]

HAVE MY MONEY

SUPPORT ATTRIBUTES, ON MY AERODACTYL?

It's more likely than you think.

[Alpha] Aerodactyl M (Pressure)

Attribute: Pack Leader

Aerodactyl, typical of large predators, generally tend to hunt and live alone, or at most in pairs. In life, Alpha was part of the exception. The alpha male of a small pack of Aerodactyl, he coordinated assaults to bring down either dinosaurs far too large for a lone Aerodactyl to take down on its own, or against Pokemon that could wipe the floor with a single beast. This was a skill learned equally through genetics and experience, as he was nowhere near the first generation of his pack.

The reviving process has of course built a blank slate of experience from the DNA, but his instinctive know-how of pack strategy and easy learning has quickly made him back into a threat.

Effects:

In any battle with one or more partners (double battles, special battles), Alpha grants a +5% increase in damage per ally through communication and coordination, helping them all to bring down the enemy. Alpha himself does not get a damage buff except in case of Aerodactyls, as listed below.

Ally Aerodactyls get a 10% damage buff per Pokemon, and Alpha himself gets a 5% increase for each Aerodactyl, due to familiarity with his own species.

Obviously, the effect does not work if Alpha is alone on the field. Sleep, Paralysis, and any such hindering conditions take away the damage buff associated with that Pokemon, and any such condition to Alpha himself eliminates the buff entirely.

----

If the "only works in group battles" and TCG style limiters aren't enough, I'd be happy to tone down the damage buffs.

[Using ALL MY MONEY to buy an Aerodactyl. A WISE INVESTMENT.]

HAVE MY MONEY

SUPPORT ATTRIBUTES, ON MY AERODACTYL?

It's more likely than you think.

Aerodactyl, typical of large predators, generally tend to hunt and live alone, or at most in pairs. In life, Alpha was part of the exception. The alpha male of a small pack of Aerodactyl, he coordinated assaults to bring down either dinosaurs far too large for a lone Aerodactyl to take down on its own, or against Pokemon that could wipe the floor with a single beast. This was a skill learned equally through genetics and experience, as he was nowhere near the first generation of his pack.

The reviving process has of course built a blank slate of experience from the DNA, but his instinctive know-how of pack strategy and easy learning has quickly made him back into a threat.

Effects:

In any battle with one or more partners (double battles, special battles), Alpha grants a +5% increase in damage per ally through communication and coordination, helping them all to bring down the enemy. Alpha himself does not get a damage buff except in case of Aerodactyls, as listed below.

Ally Aerodactyls get a 10% damage buff per Pokemon, and Alpha himself gets a 5% increase for each Aerodactyl, due to familiarity with his own species.

Obviously, the effect does not work if Alpha is alone on the field. Sleep, Paralysis, and any such hindering conditions take away the damage buff associated with that Pokemon, and any such condition to Alpha himself eliminates the buff entirely.

----

If the "only works in group battles" and TCG style limiters aren't enough, I'd be happy to tone down the damage buffs.

I'm really not comfortable with the idea of getting a 15% damage bonus against the opponent if Alpha ends up in a double battle with another Aerodactyl. I think it'd probably be less game-breaking if it were, say, 3% per ally/for Alpha per Aerodactyl and 6% per Aerodactyl ally instead of 5% and 10%. And I'd rather you clarified which conditions exactly fell under "such hindering conditions", unless you just mean all status conditions in which case put that.
Plus you need to make a new bank post for each new transaction, rather than editing another onto the bottom. That's the kind of thing bank staff tend to miss since edits don't bump the thread or anything.

ANYWAY evolvin' tiems with one of my many Rare Candies

flaaffy
[Aeris Gainsborough] Flaaffy (F) <Static>
1 2 3 4 5 6 Exp

'
v

ampharos
[Aeris Gainsborough] Ampharos (F) <Static>

I edited it in because at the time there were no further posts in the bank, and there wasn't any approval activity or nothin' for days.

I didn't mean for the plain 'ole Pokemon damage to stack up with Aerodactyl damage, the two are separate. I'll make this clearer in addition to the lowered damages.

Effects:

In any battle with one or more partners (double battles, special battles), Alpha grants a +3% increase in damage per ally through communication and coordination, helping them all to bring down the enemy. Alpha himself does not get a damage buff except in case of Aerodactyls, as listed below.

Any allied Aerodactyls get a 6% damage buff per Aerodactyl instead, and Alpha himself gets a 3% increase for each Aerodactyl, due to familiarity with his own species. This extra damage applies only to Aerodactyl.

Obviously, the effect does not work if Alpha is alone on the field. Sleep, Paralysis, and any such conditions that negate a Pokemon's ability to act take away the damage buff associated with that Pokemon, and any such condition to Alpha himself eliminates the buff entirely.

FINALLY

I can evolve somebody!

[Death Cannon] Porygon (-) <Download> @Up-Grade
OO
|
v
[Death Cannon] Porygon2 (-) <Download>

Team Registration! :D

[Dmetri] Dunsparce (M)
Ability: Serene Grace
Price: $20

[Hindenburg] Drifloon (F)
Ability: Aftermath
Price: $13

[Slowbros B4 Hoes] Slowpoke (M)
Ability: Own Tempo
Price: $10

Bank!

Last edited:

ANYWAY evolvin' tiems with one of my many Rare Candies

flaaffy
[Aeris Gainsborough] Flaaffy (F) <Static>
1 2 3 4 5 6 Exp

'
v

ampharos
[Aeris Gainsborough] Ampharos (F) <Static>

Approved.

Piplup <Male> Torrent
Growlithe<Male> Flash Fire
Gastly <Male> Levitate
Spiritomb <Male> Pressure
http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showthread.php?t=1965&page=180

I'm assuming this is your starting team, in which case the piplup only costs $10, so you're only spending $45, not $60 (you can't spend more than you have, in any case).

FINALLY

I can evolve somebody!

[Death Cannon] Porygon (-) <Download> @Up-Grade
OO
|
v
[Death Cannon] Porygon2 (-) <Download>

Approved.

Team Registration! :D

[Dmetri] Dunsparce (M)
Ability: Serene Grace
Price: $20

[Hindenburg] Drifloon (F)
Ability: Aftermath
Price: $13

[Slowbros B4 Hoes] Slowpoke (M)
Ability: Own Tempo
Price: $10

Bank!

Team approved. (You've subtracted $42 instead of $43 in your bank post, but I'll take that as a typo since you got the correct final amount regardless.)

I edited it in because at the time there were no further posts in the bank, and there wasn't any approval activity or nothin' for days.

I didn't mean for the plain 'ole Pokemon damage to stack up with Aerodactyl damage, the two are separate. I'll make this clearer in addition to the lowered damages.

Effects:

In any battle with one or more partners (double battles, special battles), Alpha grants a +3% increase in damage per ally through communication and coordination, helping them all to bring down the enemy. Alpha himself does not get a damage buff except in case of Aerodactyls, as listed below.

Any allied Aerodactyls get a 6% damage buff per Aerodactyl instead, and Alpha himself gets a 3% increase for each Aerodactyl, due to familiarity with his own species. This extra damage applies only to Aerodactyl.

Obviously, the effect does not work if Alpha is alone on the field. Sleep, Paralysis, and any such conditions that negate a Pokemon's ability to act take away the damage buff associated with that Pokemon, and any such condition to Alpha himself eliminates the buff entirely.
Make the allied aerodactyl buff a flat 6% instead of 6% per aerodactyl and make Alpha's boost 3% per other aerodactyl, and it's fine.

Effects:

Any allied Aerodactyls get a 6% damage buff instead, and Alpha himself gets a 3% increase for each allied Aerodactyl, due to familiarity with his own species. This extra damage applies only to Aerodactyl.

Effects:

Any allied Aerodactyls get a 6% damage buff instead, and Alpha himself gets a 3% increase for each allied Aerodactyl, due to familiarity with his own species. This extra damage applies only to Aerodactyl.

Approved.

Evolving Diglett:
Two here
One more

Diglett (M) Sand Veil @ soft sand

to

Dugtrio (M) Sand Veil @ soft sand
Approved.

I feel christmassy, so let it snow, let it snow, let it Snover~
(With a new signature move)

Spheal
Odobenus (Male)
Ability:
Thick Fat
Approval

Signature move: Snowstorm

Odobenus has always loved the snow. He longs for it to snow all year round, and always despaired that he couldn't just point to the heavens and call forth a snowstorm. Sure, he could Blizzard, but that's not the same, you can't roll around in it afterwards or make snowmen. So naturally, when he learned of the move 'Hail', he was delighted: here at last was the way! But he tried it, and he was disappointed by the results: no snow, just heavy hurty hailstones.
Later, on a boring day, he was experimenting with his moves, varying the amount of energy he put into them, and he tried it with Hail: putting in considerably less Ice-typed energy ensured that the water didn't freeze as hard as a rock, and he had made snow.
Naturally, he was delighted.
Odobenus' snowstorm begins with him focusing his energy, similar to Hail, and becoming enshrouded in a blue aura. The aura then becomes a beam that shoots into the sky, where thick, dark clouds gather, and the ambient temperature falls noticably. Snow begins falling, stinging the faces of those non-ice-types but hey what can you do it's snow, and then slowly building up into a nice thick snowy wonderland, albeit one that eventually melts.
The falling snow damages non-ice-types, albeit slightly less than a full-blown Hailstorm, every turn, and has the same effects as Hail on Solarbeam, Moonlight, Morning Sun, and so on. Castform also changes to its snowcloud form, and Weather Ball becomes ice-type. Its duration is extended by the Ice Rock just as Hail's would have been.
The snow builds up, about half a centimetre per action, until it's a snowy wonderland. Once the snow is about one-and-a-half centimetres deep, it can be used to make snowballs, which can be thrown at a Pokémon for light damage. It can also be used to build snowmen, but that's beside the point. The snow will melt slowly once the clouds roll away, taking about three rounds to fade completely under normal conditions, one round under Sunny Day, and melting instantly if struck by a fire-type move. An extraordianarily hot arena can also make it melt faster, the exact rates up to the ref.
If the snow gets deep enough, it could well slow down non-ice-type Pokémon trying to move through it, the exact rates up to the ref. Fire-types, naturally, are exempt from this effect due to the heat they generate.

Type: Bug / Stat: Other / Base Damage (%): N/A / Accuracy: N/A / Target: Field / Energy: 5% / Duration: Weather Effect

Effects
Odobenus focuses his energy, becoming enshrouded in a chilly blue aura. After a few moments, the aura forms a beam that shoots up into the sky, conjuring up thick, dark clouds even as the temperature of the field drops perceptibly. Snow shortly begin to pour down. Under these conditions, Solarbeam's power is reduced and it takes more energy to charge, Blizzard's accuracy is raised to 100%, and Moonlight and Morning Sun have their max recovery potential lowered to 33%. All non-ice-type Pokémon also take a very small amount of damage per action if they are exposed to the hailstones. After a few actions, the snow will be deep enough for any Pokémon to take an action to throw snowballs at the opponent, which hit for ~2-3% ice-type damage. Castform changes to its snowcloud form and Weather Ball becomes ice-type while this move is in effect. Should Odobenus be holding the Ice Rock, it extends this move's duration accordingly.

Usage gap: two rounds after the snow stops falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom