• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

sreservoir vs. Walker (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

3 v. 3 Set
DQ Time: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 70%
Banned/Limited Moves: OHKOs, weather moves, direct healing moves banned, chills limited to 5 per trainer (for the whole match).
Arena: Breezy Beach
Breezy Beach is, by all accounts, a perfectly normal sandy stretch of coastline, apart from the winds that are near constant there that drive off almost all tourism. Really, it's a wonder no one thought to schedule a battle there before: the water there is remarkably warm this time of year, the terrain is such that Pokemon would be reasonably evenly matched no matter where they were released (well, unless you were to release a fire type in the middle of the water or something, but we'll ignore the belligerently stupid options like those), and there's ample water for aquatic Pokemon and moves like Surf. The winds are fairly strong, but not enough to inhibit movement or blow over anything heavier than an empty bucket. In fact, for Pokemon in the air, they could even provide a boost. As for the water, it's perfectly calm aside from the occasional bit of driftwood that washes ashore. After about fifteen feet from shore, it gets deep enough for most water-bound Pokemon to swim around freely.
NOTES: Tailwind is in effect for all airborne Pokemon. If the move Tailwind is used, it will only be in effect for the user's team.
Team sreservoir
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Lileep
OH DEAR (Female)
Ability: Suction Cups
Health: 74%
Energy: 72%
Commands: Confuse Ray / Mud-Slap / Barrier ~ Sstealth Rock / Mud-Slap / Barrier ~ Spit Up / Mud-Slap / Barrier
Chills: 0/5

Team Walker
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Mankey
The Mountain Called Monkey (Male)
Ability: Anger Point
Health: 83%
Energy: 70%
Status: I really hate sand. Confused (Moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail); accuracy -3, badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next)
Commands: Protect ~ Vacuum Wave ~ Vacuum Wave

Round 4 Begin!

Attempting to see through the now-thinning sandstorm and the glowy-light daze, The Mountain begins focussing energy for a Protect, only for it to implode on him with a thwumph sound. Holding her tentacles together, OH DEAR pours her energy into another glowing blob, which floats towards its companion and merges with is, instantly becoming both larger and more annoying, red and green globules surfacing and floating away, looping around and rejoining the main blob, only to begin the process again.

Yet again, The Mountain tries to attack; he throws his hand forward in a slicing motion, the momentum of which throws him forward into a faceflop. OH DEAR closes her eyes and pours her energy into the ground around her. The sand begins to shift, and suddenly many rocks burst out of the ground and then lay there, inert.

The Mountain tries the previous maneouver once again, this time successfully; the slicing motion tears the air apart and a wave of... something flies towards OH DEAR, slicing into her exoskeleton. OH DEAR, in turn, begins contracting and relaxing her muscles alternately, a sequence that would normally cause her to expel the contents of her stomach; a bright ball of energy is ejected and launched towards The Mountain, where it explodes on impact.

Once again, The Mountain notes with increasing irritation the poison flowing through his veins, as well as the glowing ball of light. Slowly but surely, the persistent sandstorm finally dies away, for which he is immensely grateful.

Round 4 End!

Team sreservoir
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Lileep
OH DEAR (Female)
Ability: Suction Cups
Health: 67%
Energy: 33%
Attacks Used: Confuse Ray ~ Stealth Rock ~ Spit Up

Team Walker
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Mankey
The Mountain Called Monkey (Male)
Ability: Anger Point
Health: 35%
Energy: 67%
Status: Kinda reminds me of a lava lamp. Confused (Severe; 75% chance of confusionfail); accuracy -3, badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next)
Attacks Used: [confused] ~ [confused] ~ Vacuum Wave

Damage / Energy Calculations
Confuse Ray - 6% energy (accuracy roll 75, needed 100 to miss)
Confusionfail - 4% damage (The Mountain)
Stealth Rock - 4% energy
Confusionfail - 4% damage (The Mountain)
Vacuum Wave - 7% damage, 3% energy (accuracy roll 37, needed 70 to miss)
Spit Up - 37% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 25, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- How'd you post right before I went to give a DQ warning?
- According to the A&A guide, Spit up costs 3-4% energy. Seems low, but I suppose it did cost OH DEAR ealier in the match... GAAAAH I FORGOT TO TAKE IT OFF THE ENERGY TOTALS WHY DID NO-ONE TELL ME?

Arena Notes
- There is a ring of Stealth Rocks around OH DEAR, about half a metre away from her in all directions.

Next Round
- Fruity Walkerloops Attacks
- sreservoir Attacks
- I ref

Late again.

Fruity Walkerloops is disqualified. He recieves no prize. OH DEAR recieves 1 EXP, sreservoir recieves $8, and I recieve $5 for reffing. Good match.

Back
Top Bottom