• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mosh Pit
1vs1vs1vs1vsEtc. (4-way to begin, but the more the merrier) single battle
Damage Cap: 50%
DQ time: 1 week
Style: Set
Banned: OHKOs, Chills, Direct Heals, Evasion Boosts, Weather
Arena: It's a free-for-all of awesome in the most awesome place for a free-for-all: A giant pit of foam blocks and balls! This can start any time after there are four people on the roster, but if you link to your profile before a thread is made you can join. About 30 feet square and 5 or 6 feet deep. Restrictions:
-No Pokemon over 4 feet tall or 80 pounds may enter (just like a real kiddie mosh pit.)
-Only pokemon bound to the ground may enter.
-Mosh pits are not exactly easy to move around in. Everything gets a 5% accuracy drop.
-Have fun!
Lol it be a profile

If by "bound to the ground" you mean "unable to fly" then I'll oblige.
Fun fun fun.

The Cherrynator wishes to participate >:3

I want a go~

Bringing these two back now that my old challenges have been cleared:

The mosh Pit
Arena: It's a free-for-all of awesome in the most awesome place for a free-for-all: A giant pit of foam blocks and balls! This can start any time after there are four people on the roster, but if you link to your profile before a thread is made you can join. About 30 feet square and 5 or 6 feet deep. Restrictions:
-No Pokemon over 4 feet tall or 80 pounds may enter (just like a real kiddie mosh pit.)
-Mosh pits are not exactly easy to move around in. Everything gets a 5% accuracy drop.
-Have fun!
Lol it be a profile

Fun fun fun.

Count me in

The mosh Pit
-Have fun!
Lol it be a profile

Fun fun fun.

...Well hot damn.

MOSH TIEM.

The mosh Pit
-Have fun!
Lol it be a profile

Fun fun fun.

...Well hot damn.

MOSH TIEM.

Holy crap, joining. I hope I didn't miss anyone's profile links.

Guys, I know this huge multiplayer battle looks fun and I'd love to join in as well, but literally no one will ref it. I mean - you don't want to ref it, right? I certainly don't. It'd be hell.

How about you split it into groups? Group A, Group B, etc. So it's easier to handle. And then the survivors from each group could face each other in the end.

Or you could keep adding more and more battlers and hope to god someone is masochistic enough to ref this hot mess.

Actually I was thinking of that, myself. As fun as it would be to throw /everyone/ in at once I sure wouldn't ref it.. and I was wondering if a cutoff would be set.

See now, if I'm not mistaken, there are currently 9 entrants - what I would do is cut off any more entries, and set the battle as a 3-way tag-team. There would be three teams of three people each, they each have 1 pokemon each, and the active battler for a team can 'tag out' for their teammates, making it only a 1v1v1 at any given time.

Then, when only one team is left standing, they fight each other for the win. :3c Try balancing taking out your opponents and tagging out in such a way you must plan to betray them~ (Tagging should be negative priority, so they can't tag to their teammate to take a hit for them)

Oh and it goes without saying I call Kittan's.. er, BRCB's team.

I would totally ref this, but, at the moment, I kind of need to ref the people who've been waiting for it for ages.

A man humbly walked up to the board, covered with declarations of battle and places to meet. There were people around, he noticed a sudden, agonizing itch on the left side of his neck. He brought his own sheet of paper out, only to notice that it had been crumpled into a wad in his nervousness. He quickly smoothed it out to the best of his ability and nailed it in an inconspicuous place before quietly leaving the scene.

The barely legible handwriting read as such.

1v1
DQ Time: 1 week
Banned Moves: Nada, although be careful about moves that keep a Pokemon in one place for too long, and especially huge area-effect moves
Arena: Santa's Whimsical Workshop

The Pokemon Department Store has decided that, at this time of the year, hiring a fat dude and dressing him up as Santa would be the best to draw all the kiddies in, but somehow that alone hasn't been enough. Determined to draw in those holiday sales, they have also opened their floors to several exhibition battles going on at the same time, fought by "Santa's helpers." Of course for the Trainers to fight they'll have to be dressed up festively, but the Pokemon won't mind. In fact, a certain pair of 'em have been decked out in some classy, yet still sensible and effective, holiday wear! At the start of the battle, each combatant will be decked out in a random piece of holiday attire that randomly boosts one of their stats by one stage for as long as it's equipped. This piece does not count as an item or body mod, and will fall off once the Pokemon takes 25 percent damage. Novelty reigndeer horns aren't really built to withstand tsunamis.

The battle itself will take place in a special, portable battle arena that is highly resistant to any lasting damage, typical standard issue. Pokemon can dig in it, cause fissures in it, rend it asunder to let loose fire from the bowels of the earth, but any damage to the arena itself will naturally repair in a few rounds, regardless of how much damage was done to it. Now then, of course anything that strays out of this arena- Stray rocks, bursts of fire, hailstorms- will impact the surrounding area. There's kiddies crowded all around the battle, watching the monsters fight though. Keep that in mind, as harming a child will cause the mall's authorities to intervene and randomly decrease one of its stats for several rounds as a penalty, depending on how badly it hurt the kid/how many kids were injured. How exactly they do this is uncertain, they never step out of their dark shadowy mall-manager room.

Also keep in mind, that Pokemon holding still for any long length of time will be irresistible to the little ones, and will get extremely close to the stage in order to pet the nice pocket monster. This in itself does nothing but make it necessary to exercise more restraint until they back away again.

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=450633&postcount=227

[all vagueness is left that way for ref's discretion]

I would totally ref that humongous battle if I was a ref. It's not as if I have a social life or anything.
No offense, but you probably want to try reffing a few real matches before you start making claims about what you would or wouldn't be willing to ref. :P Though I've seen a couple of battle royales (I think they were both over ten players) that actually managed to get > halfway through before the referee gave up, so... there's kind of hope?

Additionally, the following challenges are being removed from the board due to lack of interest:

Bobino
Pichu Chris vs Mad MOAI
Barubu vs Pwnemon
[O] vs Teacher9985
Dark Shocktail vs L'il Dwagie
[O] vs Jack_the_PumpkinKing

A man humbly walked up to the board, covered with declarations of battle and places to meet. There were people around, he noticed a sudden, agonizing itch on the left side of his neck. He brought his own sheet of paper out, only to notice that it had been crumpled into a wad in his nervousness. He quickly smoothed it out to the best of his ability and nailed it in an inconspicuous place before quietly leaving the scene.

The barely legible handwriting read as such.

1v1
DQ Time: 1 week
Banned Moves: Nada, although be careful about moves that keep a Pokemon in one place for too long, and especially huge area-effect moves
Arena: Santa's Whimsical Workshop

The Pokemon Department Store has decided that, at this time of the year, hiring a fat dude and dressing him up as Santa would be the best to draw all the kiddies in, but somehow that alone hasn't been enough. Determined to draw in those holiday sales, they have also opened their floors to several exhibition battles going on at the same time, fought by "Santa's helpers." Of course for the Trainers to fight they'll have to be dressed up festively, but the Pokemon won't mind. In fact, a certain pair of 'em have been decked out in some classy, yet still sensible and effective, holiday wear! At the start of the battle, each combatant will be decked out in a random piece of holiday attire that randomly boosts one of their stats by one stage for as long as it's equipped. This piece does not count as an item or body mod, and will fall off once the Pokemon takes 25 percent damage. Novelty reigndeer horns aren't really built to withstand tsunamis.

The battle itself will take place in a special, portable battle arena that is highly resistant to any lasting damage, typical standard issue. Pokemon can dig in it, cause fissures in it, rend it asunder to let loose fire from the bowels of the earth, but any damage to the arena itself will naturally repair in a few rounds, regardless of how much damage was done to it. Now then, of course anything that strays out of this arena- Stray rocks, bursts of fire, hailstorms- will impact the surrounding area. There's kiddies crowded all around the battle, watching the monsters fight though. Keep that in mind, as harming a child will cause the mall's authorities to intervene and randomly decrease one of its stats for several rounds as a penalty, depending on how badly it hurt the kid/how many kids were injured. How exactly they do this is uncertain, they never step out of their dark shadowy mall-manager room.

Also keep in mind, that Pokemon holding still for any long length of time will be irresistible to the little ones, and will get extremely close to the stage in order to pet the nice pocket monster. This in itself does nothing but make it necessary to exercise more restraint until they back away again.

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=450633&postcount=227

[all vagueness is left that way for ref's discretion]

*raises hand* I'll take you on.

A challenge for Dark Shocktail

1v1 Single
DQ: 7 days
Banned moves: OHKO
Arena: The Plains Where Nothing Happens

In this arena, nothing really goes on. Peaceful and trapped in time, many have seen this place to be a fairly easy place for a relaxed battle between two friends. Since nothing happens in this plain, all damage to the terrain reverts to its unchanged form at the end of the round. Some would think this arena would be boring in the eyes of more hard-core battlers, but it is a nice change of pace for others.

Plus, it’s a easy Arena for refs looking for cash.

My Profile

This shall be reffed by BRCB

Last edited:

1v1 Single

In this arena, nothing really goes on. Peaceful and trapped in time, many have seen this place to be a fairly easy place for a relaxed battle between two friends. Since nothing happens in this plain, all damage to the terrain reverts to its unchanged form at the end of the round. Some would think this arena would be boring in the eyes of more hard-core battlers, but it is a nice change of pace for others.

My Profile

I'll accept this challenge~

Ready to Roll

1v1 Single

My Profile

I'll accept this challenge~

Ready to Roll

Taking this; up in a few.

A challenge for just about anyone~

1v1 single
Style: set
Damage cap: 45%
Banned moves: Evasion increase, OHKO
Arena: SPACE!

Literally. You are on the moon. Oxygen masks and tanks of air will be provided for all participating. There are craters here and there, and gravity is reduced, so all Pokemon jump higher than usual. Also, all moves that involve space (i.e. Cosmic Power, Moonlight, Morning Sun, etc.) gain 20% efficiency, as you are in space.

This shall be loads of fun =3

Last edited:
A challenge for just about anyone~

1v1 single
Damage cap: 45%
Banned moves: Evasion increase, OHKO
Arena: SPACE!

Literally. You are on the moon. Oxygen masks and tanks of air will be provided for all participating. There are craters here and there, and gravity is reduced, so all Pokemon jump higher than usual. Also, all moves that involve space (i.e. Cosmic Power, Moonlight, and Morning Sun) gain 20% efficiency, as you are in space.

This shall be loads of fun =3

Well, I always wanted to see what an earthrise looked like.

You're on.

1v1 single
Damage cap: 50%
Arena: Dell's Wind (with a few modifications)

A round clearing surrounded by trees , with a path from the south coming in to it. The path leads to a crystal ball on a pedestal in the center of the clearing. This crystal globe acts as a portal to the Land Beyond the Forest-otherwise known as Earth. Every round, there is a five percent chance that a pokémon will bump into the ball, transporting the combatants to the peak of a tabletop mountain. The mountain has a pool of water near the center, next to which the crystal ball is located. Again, there is a five percent chance, per round, that the battlers will be transported- this time back to Dell's wind. This process will repeat itself every round.

Thank you Kasey!

1v1 single
Damage cap: 50%
Arena: Dell's Wind (with a few modifications)

A round clearing surrounded by trees , with a path from the south coming in to it. The path leads to a crystal ball on a pedestal in the center of the clearing. This crystal globe acts as a portal to the Land Beyond the Forest-otherwise known as Earth. Every round, there is a five percent chance that a pokémon will bump into the ball, transporting the combatants to the peak of a tabletop mountain. The mountain has a pool of water near the center, next to which the crystal ball is located. Again, there is a five percent chance, per round, that the battlers will be transported- this time back to Dell's wind. This process will repeat itself every round.

Thank you Kasey!
Taking this.
Profile. I haven't said that in so long.

Holy crap, joining. I hope I didn't miss anyone's profile links.

...Well hot damn.

MOSH TIEM.

The mosh Pit
-Have fun!
Lol it be a profile

Fun fun fun.

In like a backwards hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom