• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lucas755 vs. Superbird

Did you catch the edit, or is that yes to only the first part?

By the way, thanks again for the quick reffing. I don't think I've ever had a ref do two in one day.

Yes only to the first part. Damage fixed.

I specialize in fast reffings. I have no social life away from the computer, that's how I do it.

Okay Kirlia, let's get defensive. First use Reflect to block her annoying physical moves, then Double Team to avoid them. End it with Light Screen in case she changes tactics to block our defenses.

Reflect ~ Double Team ~ Light Screen

Well then...dang it all. First off, I want you to try to lower that Kirlia's speed with Rock Tomb. Then, let's get rid of all those pesky clones with Earthquake, but wait until after the attack is executed before doing anything. Finally, after the Light Screen goes up, I want you to use Brick Break to get rid of both the barriers.

Rock Tomb ~ Earthquake ~ Brick Break

2v2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, chills limited to 3/pokemon, Rest, direct healing moves limited to 1/trainer
Arena: Meadow

Big, grassy meadow. Has scattered patches of tall grass. Blue skies, 72°F.
Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 80%
Energy: 39%
Status: Urk... and now I have this horrible taste in my mouth, too. Speed +2, special defense +4, special attack +2.
Commands: Reflect ~ Double Team ~ Light Screen
Chills: 0/3
Healings: 0/1
Item: Choice Specs

Team Superbird
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Geodude
Gorouna (Female)
Ability: Sturdy
Health: 40%
Energy: 40%
Status: My arm! D: Special attack -2, speed +6, Captivate Imprisoned (one more round), burned (moderate; 3% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved); badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Commands: Rock Tomb ~ Earthquake ~ Brick Break

Round 6 Begin!

Kirlia's eyes glow pale green as he focusses his energy, creating a barrier that will weaken physical moves that pass through it, which appears in the physical world as what appears to be a dome of green glass. Gorouna begins pulling up rocks, one after another, throwing them at Kirlia, but most of them bounce harmlessly off the glass dome and the ones that make it through barely hurt him at all. The dome also repairs itself almost immediately after these few rocks smash through.

Grinning like a madman, Kirlia closes his eyes and concentrates, and suddenly six identical Kirlia flicker into existence behind and around him, all grinning in the same way. Gorouna begins throwing herself at the ground in a repeat of the Earthquake before, wincing as she moves her burnt arm, and shockwaves ripple out from her location; and while they do knock Kirlia over and cause his six copies to flicker and vanish, the glass shield drastically reduces their effect.

Thinking that he rather likes his shield, Kirlia moves to set up another; his eyes glow a similar (but not identical) shade of green, and another glass dome winks into existence inside the first one. Gorouna lifts herself up, leaps into the air, winces, and launches herself towards the domes, fist raised and glowing white; she collides with the domes, shatters them completely, and impacts with Kirlia's head with a very solid THONK.

The shards of the sields slowly fade away as Gorouna returns to her end of the field, noticing that she is now feeling quite sick.

Round 6 End!

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Health: 73%
Energy: 25%
Status: Ouch, my head... Speed +2, special defense +4, special attack +2.
Attacks Used: Reflect ~ Double Team ~ Light Screen

Team Superbird
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Geodude
Gorouna (Female)
Health: 34%
Energy: 13%
Status: That was satisfying. Special attack -2, speed +6, burned (moderate; 3% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved); badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next).
Attacks Used: Rock Tomb ~ Earthquake ~ Brick Break

Damage / Energy Calculations
Reflect - 3% energy
Rock Tomb - 1% damage, 8% energy
Double Team - 8% energy
Earthquake - 2% damage, 10% energy
Light Screen - 3% energy
Brick Break - 4% damage, 9% energy.

Notes
- Burn + Reflect = attacks with low damage but high energy.

Arena Notes
- There are large holes and cracks around where Gorouna lays.
- There are chunks of rock scattered around Kirlia.
- There's a large circle around Kirlia - about a metre and a half in every direction - of considerably shorter grass where the Magical Leaf tore itself free.

Next Round
- Superbird Attacks
- Lucas755 Attacks
- Someone, possibly me, refs

Last edited:
As much as I would love to move last again, Lucas755 went first last round, shouldn't I move first this time?

Okay, Gorouna, you're getting pretty tired, so let's try to do something to fix that. I want you to Chill every action unless the Kirlia uses a damaging move, in which case I want you to use Protect. Oh yes, also protect against Taunt as well. Oh, and if you're ever in a situation where all of the above commands are applicable but you would faint from energy loss when it happens, I want you to get as close to the Kirlia as possible and Explode!

Chill/Protect/Explosion x3

Use Taunt to use up the protect, then Magical Leaf when the protect won't work. Chill for your last action.

Taunt ~ Magical Leaf ~ Chill

2v2 single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, chills limited to 3/pokemon, Rest, direct healing moves limited to 1/trainer

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Energy: 25%
Status: Ouch, my head... Speed +2, special defense +4, special attack +2.
Commands: Taunt ~ Magical Leaf ~ Chill

Team Superbird
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Geodude
Gorouna (Female)
Health: 34%
Energy: 13%
Status: That was satisfying. Special attack -2, speed +6, burned (moderate; 3% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved); badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next).
Commands: Chill / Protect / Explosion ~ Chill / Protect / Explosion ~ Chill / Protect / Explosion

Round 7 Begin!

In a similar move to what Kirlia did last round, Gorouna closes her eyes and concentrates, a translucent green shield flickering into existence; Kirlia begins taunting her, mocking her rocky appearance and mineral-infused diet, once again drawing a blank on what to say, and once again throwing a pulse of energy at her. The energy dissipates against the shield, though, and thus the attack comes to naught.

Gorouna's shield flickers slightly but remains solid. Kirlia's eyes take on the now-familiar green glow and the grass around him tears itself free, launching itself towards Gorouna; it stops dead in its tracks upon hitting the shield, which vanishes almost immediately, leaving the grass to fall to the gorund.

Both Pokémon suddenly begin yawning, Kirlia lying down on the ground and Gorouna curling herself up so that she looks almost identical to a rock. The two fall into a light sleep as the round draws to a close, Grouna shifting slightly as the worsening poison takes its toll.

Round 7 End!

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Energy: 26%
Status: ZzzzZZZ snrk... Speed +2, special defense +4, special attack +2.
Attacks Used: Taunt ~ Magical Leaf ~ Chill

Team Superbird
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Geodude
Gorouna (Female)
Health: 27%
Energy: 14%
Status: SnrrrkzzzZz. Special attack -2, speed +6, burned (moderate; 3% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved); badly poisoned (4% this round, 5% next).
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Protect ~ Chill

Protect - 4% energy
Taunt - 4% egergy
Protect - 5% energy
Magical Leaf - 5% energy
Chill - restored 10% energy

Notes
- Protect actually managed to go through. How about that.

Arena Notes
- There's a large circle around Kirlia - about two metres in every direction - of considerably shorter grass where the Magical Leaf tore itself free.

Next Round
- Lucas755 Attacks
- Superbird Attacks

Use Swagger to get her to take herself out, then Future Sight for some damage that should be hard to protect against. End it with another chill.

Swagger ~ Future Sight ~ chill

Hmm. Well, that Swagger is gonna be annoying, so Protect is your friend here. We're not probably gonna be able to do much about the Future Sight, so let's just Chill here. Also, let's disrupt that Kirlia's chilling on the final action with Flamethrower, and try to get his entire body for a better chance of burn. Status, not damage.

Protect ~ Chill ~ Flamethrower

2v2 single

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Energy: 26%
Status: ZzzzZZZ snrk... Speed +2, special defense +4, special attack +2.
Commands: Swagger ~ Future Sight ~ Chill

Team Superbird
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Geodude
Gorouna (Female)
Health: 27%
Energy: 14%
Status: SnrrrkzzzZz. Special attack -2, speed +6, burned (moderate; 3% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved); badly poisoned (4% this round, 5% next).
Commands: Protect ~ Chill ~ Flamethrower

Round 8 Begin!

The two Pokémon stir in their sleep, then wake up, looking around blearily. Each sees the other, and they snap into action, ready to fight. In almost exactly the same way as last round, Gorouna causes a flickering green shield to appear around her, while her opponent - now having almost entirely given up on thinking of things to say - calls out a couple of half-hearted insults, before firing a psychic pulse at the shield. It has exactly as much effect as the previous round. Which is to say, none.

Her shield fading away around her, Gorouna curls up and goes to sleep once more. The Kirlia gapes at her for a second - only he's allowed to fall asleep in the middle of battle - before his eyes take on a bright pink glow. He looks into the future, selecting a time when Gorouna will be unprepared for an attack, and launches a blast of energy at that time, snickering as he watches it hit its mark. He chuckles, imagining how much sweeter it will be when he sees it for real.

Staring at the still-sleeping Geodude, Kirlia decides to follow suit, laying down and closing his eyes, and a few seconds later he begins snoring lightly. Several uneventful minutes pass, before Gorouna wakes up, uncurls, and looks at her still-sleeping opponent. "All the better to attack you," she mutters, opening her mouth to reveal a small flame flickering inside. She exhales strongly, a stream of flame ejected alongside her breath, and begins sweeping the flame back and forth across her opponent. The intense heat shocks him awake, and he tries to leap out of the way; Gorouna keeps the flame on him, however, and widens it to engulf his entire body. When the stream of fire fades away, there are painful burns on his legs, arms, chest and face. He winces and does his best to avoid moving more than necessary. Gorouna's stomach suddenly cramps strongly, and she flinches; the worsening poison is still taking its toll.

Suddenly, a burst of fire appears around Gorouna; it fades away almost immediately, but lasts long enough for her burn to be worsened.

Round 8 End!

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Health: 60%
Energy: 27%
Status: Aargh! How does a rock breathe fire? Speed +2, special defense +4, special attack +2, burned (severe; 5% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved).
Attacks Used: Swagger ~ Future Sight ~ Chill

Team Superbird
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Geodude
Gorouna (Female)
Health: 17%
Energy: 15%
Status: Aargh, my stomach. Special attack -2, speed +6, burned (severe; 5% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved); badly poisoned (5% this round, 6% next).
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Chill ~ Flamethrower

Protect - 4% energy
Swagger - 4% egergy
Future Sight - 5% energy
Flamethrower - 8% damage, 5% energy (accuracy roll 43, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Not only did the spread-out Flamethrower give a considerably higher chance of burning (I made it 50%), it also made the burn more severe.

Arena Notes
- There's a large circle around Kirlia - about two metres in every direction - of considerably shorter grass where the Magical Leaf tore itself free.

Next Round
- Superbird Attacks
- Lucas755 Attacks

Last edited:
All right, Gorouna. It's time.

It's Explosion time. Get as close to Kirlia as you can before exploding. Protect against any damaging moves. And if Kirlia uses Protect, just chill until it doesn't use Protect or a damaging attack.

Explosion/Protect/Chill x3

Alright, Kirlia. Gorouna's about to get in your face, but you can use your superior speed to put her to sleep. Use Hypnosis, but make sure you do it after she gets close to you, and before she explodes. This should pretty much guarantee a successful hit. After that, use Dream Eater to regain some health. After that, chill. Whether Hypnosis hits or not, she should be fainted at this point.

Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater ~ Chill

2v2 single

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Health: 60%
Energy: 27%
Status: Aargh! How does a rock breathe fire? Speed +2, special defense +4, special attack +2, burned (severe; 5% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved).
Commands: Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater ~ Chill

Team Superbird
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Geodude
Gorouna (Female)
Health: 17%
Energy: 15%
Status: Aargh, my stomach. Special attack -2, speed +6, burned (severe; 5% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved); badly poisoned (5% this round, 6% next).
Attacks Used: Explosion / Protect / Chill ~ Explosion / Protect / Chill ~ Explosion / Protect / Chill

Round 9 Begin!

Gorouna leaps into action, hesitating only slightly at the thought of the attack that is to come; she hops towards Kirlia, who watches her with some interest. Suddenly, as Gorouna comes close, Kirlia makes a motion as though throwing a baseball; an orb of psychic energy forms in her hand as she does so, and it launches on a parabolic arc towards Gorouna, sailing right over her head. She giggles lightly, and then leaps right up to Kirlia. She grabs onto his arm, and is suddenly engulfed in a blinding white light; all of her remaining energy converts itself to a massive explosion, a shockwave rushing out in all directions. When the smoke fades, Gorouna is lying blackened and charred, her eyes closed; and Kirlia is scorched and bruised, as well as extremely hot. Massive firey explosions do that to a person.

Superbird recalls his Pokémon and considers what to send out next as the round draws to a close.

Round 9 End!

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Health: 36%
Energy: 24%
Status: Ouch! That's something you don't see every day. Speed +2, special defense +4, special attack +2, burned (severe; 5% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved).
Attacks Used: Hypnosis

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Geodude
Gorouna (Female)
Health: 0%
Energy: 1%
Attacks Used: Explosion

Hypnosis - 3% energy (accuracy roll 97, needed 95 or above to miss - missed)
Explosion - 24% damage, 14% energy, KO'ed Gorouna

Notes
- Hypnosis is a fairly inaccurate move, so even at close range it had a 5% chance of missing. It missed.
- The close range combined with the widespread nature of Explosion meant it had no chance of missing.

Arena Notes

Next Round
- Superbird sends out - Lucas755 Attacks
- Superbird Attacks

Last edited:
Wait, shouldn't I send out my next pokémon before Lucas755 attacks? If so...

Thanks, Gorouna. Stellar job! Neitelo, you're out!

Back
Top Bottom