• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lucas755 vs. Superbird

Damn you, RNG.

Okay, now that that pesky Brick Breaker is gone, use Light Screen, then Reflect. End it with Will-O-Wisp, since your burn negates Synchronize.

Light Screen ~ Reflect ~ Will-O-Wisp

First battle, Neitelo! Now, let's get down to business. Let's start with Haze; that will be useful for us. Then, let's attract that Kirlia. Finally, if it uses Will-o-Wisp, I want you to Teleport far away from it to dodge it, maybe behind Kirlia. We absolutely cannot get burned at this point in the battle. If your opponent is infatuated, however, let's use Faint Attack instead.

Haze ~ Attract ~ Teleport/Faint Attack

2v2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, chills limited to 3/pokemon, Rest, direct healing moves limited to 1/trainer
Arena: Meadow

Big, grassy meadow. Has scattered patches of tall grass. Blue skies, 72°F.
Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 36%
Energy: 24%
Status: Ouch! That's something you don't see every day. Speed +2, special defense +4, special attack +2, burned (severe; 5% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved).
Commands: Light Screen ~ Reflect ~ Will-O-Wisp
Chills: 0/3
Healings: 0/1
Item: Choice Specs

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Haze ~ Attract ~ Teleport / Faint Attack

Round 10 Begin!

Superbird throws his Pokéball forward, the resulting flash of light forming into a tiny, colorful bird. The Natu looks about with some interest before using her attack, opening her beak wide and spewing out a thick, rolling fog, which proceeds to engulf the entire arena, and the energies contained within neutralize Kirlia's various stat changes, though he remains blissfully unaware of this fact. Shivering slightly, he concentrates his own energy into forming a barrier around him, but it fails to take hold in the physical world, flickering and dying seconds later.

Neitelo cringes at the thought of her next move, beginning shouting out compliments and love declarations, and firing a pulse of psychic energy at her target in case the words should fail; a useful precaution, it turns out, as the fog stifles all sound and Kirlia is unable to hear her shouts. All he knows, then, is that for a moment he feels very dizzy, and then suddenly he is thinking of Neitelo in a lovey-dovey way, and cannot bear the thought of attacking her, for some reason. After a few seconds, he realizes that it's a very familiar feeling; he suddenly figures out that it's the same attack that Gorouna used on him before. Well, he tells himself, I won't be fooled again. Despite his determination, though, he still feels it nagging in the back of his mind. He tries once again to make a shield, but it once again fails to take hold, and so the attack comes to naught.

Kirlia begins his next attack, holding up one hand in the palm of which a small flame appears, before he sends it flying with a flick of the wrist. Or, at least, that was the intent; as soon as Kirlia stops funnelling energy into it, it vanishes, extinguished by the heavy fog. Realizing that Will-O-Wisp will have no effect in the heavy fog, Neitelo flickers and vanishes in a burst of dark energy, reappearing behind Kirlia and hitting him with a pulse of the same energy, before disappearing and reappearing once more on her own side of the field.

Round 10 End!

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Health: 22%
Energy: 14%
Status: This fog is weird. Burned (severe; 5% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved), attracted (moderate; 25% chance of 'immobilized by love').
Attacks Used: Light Screen ~ Reflect ~ Will-O-Wisp

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Energy: 90%
Attacks Used: Haze ~ Attract ~ Faint Attack

Damage / Energy Calculations
Haze - 2% energy
Light Screen - 3% energy
Attract - 3% energy (accuracy roll 42, needed 75 or above to miss)
Reflect - 3% energy
Will-O-Wisp - 4% energy
Faint Attack - 9% damage, 5% energy

Notes
- Why is Natu faster than Kirlia.

Arena Notes
- There are large holes and cracks around where Gorouna once was.
- There are chunks of rock scattered around Kirlia.
- There's a large circle around Kirlia - about two metres in every direction - of considerably shorter grass where the Magical Leaf tore itself free.
- There's a circle of charred grass around Kirlia, about three metres in every direction.
- There is a thick fog hanging over the field (5 more rounds), which stifles all sound, sharply reduces visibility and causes most fires to snuff themselves out.

Next Round
- Superbird Attacks
- Lucas755 Attacks
- Someone, possibly me, refs

It's a thick fog, and that's the kind of things thick fogs do. Those effects will vanish soon though, since the fog thins each round.

In fact, sound will be back by the round after next. Visibility will gradually improve, and fires will be usable again in ~two rounds, I think.

For the record, only small fires are completely extinguished. Something like Flamethrower would just be weakened.

I totally do not remember Haze ever doing that. But whatever, it goes in our favor.

Perfect job, Neitelo. Now, here's the plan. Let's use Faint Attack to cause damage. If Kirlia successfully uses an attacking or status-inducing move, though, try to Teleport out of the way. Finally, if you can't attack it for whatever reason, just do nothing. Oh, and only use Faint Attack twice maximum. If on the third action you have already used Faint Attack twice, then just also do nothing.

Faint Attack/Teleport/Nothing x3

But what about the shields? I know it negates stat changes, but reflect and light screen aren't counted as stat boosts. And according to Bulbapedia, Haze affected Reflect and Light Screen in Generations I and II, but not from Generations III and on.

Anyway, Kirlia, start with Thunderbolt. She will most likely try to teleport away, so if she does, wait until you can find her again. She shouldn't be able to teleport during the move, since lightning is instant. After that, just chill twice.

Thunderbolt ~ Chill ~ Chill

2v2 single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, chills limited to 3/pokemon, Rest, direct healing moves limited to 1/trainer

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Health: 22%
Status: This fog is weird. Burned (severe; 5% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved), attracted (moderate; 25% chance of 'immobilized by love').
Commands: Thunderbolt ~ Chill ~ Chill

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Commands: Faint Attack / Teleport / Nothing ~ Faint Attack / Teleport / Nothing ~ Faint Attack / Teleport / Nothing

Round 11 Begin!

Neitelo vanishes instantly, not like it makes much of a difference with the heavy fog, and reappears behind Kirlia, hitting him with a pulse of dark energy before vanishing. Kirlia tries to attack, he knows he needs to attack, but he can't bring himself to hurt her, despite knowing that it's a mind-trick. He growls in frustration.

Once again, Neitelo vanishes, reappears, strikes Kirlia and gets away again. Kirlia lies down and tires to sleep, but he can't - his head is full of images of Neitelo, and he just can't get relaxed. He curses into the fog.

Neitelo, this time, does nothing, though Kirlia was by now preparing for another Faint Attack and trying unsuccessfully to sleep; after a couple of minutes, the end of the round is announced, without him having been able to do a thing. He swears loudly, and Neitelo hears him, and shouts back something along the lines of "Mind your language;" Kirlia realizes that he could hear it, and realizes the fog must be thinning. Sure enough, looking closely, he can see an outline of the Natu.

Round 11 End!

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Health: 4%
Status: *Censored* Burned (severe; 5% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved), attracted (moderate; 25% chance of 'immobilized by love').
Attacks Used: [attracted] ~ [attracted] ~ [attracted]

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Energy: 80%
Attacks Used: Faint Attack ~ Faint Attack ~ Nothing

Notes
- Yeah, Haze would vary between refs.
- It seems to me that while they shouldn't be neutralized if they were already in effect, the Haze would prevent new shields being set up.
- For the record, Thunderbolt isn't instant, nor is it lightning. You're thinking of Thunder.
- Unlucky round for Kirlia. It was also a very short round, and so if there are any problems I will cry.

Arena Notes
- There's a large circle around Kirlia - about two metres in every direction - of considerably shorter grass where the Magical Leaf tore itself free.
- There's a circle of charred grass around Kirlia, about three metres in every direction.
- There is a thick fog hanging over the field (4 more rounds), which significantly reduces visibility and causes most fires to snuff themselves out.

Next Round
- Lucas755 Attacks
- Superbird Attacks

I'd like to say yes, but it isn't. If it does damage, it's considered indirect.

If by some miracle their first attack misses, use Thunderbolt. focus all of your remaining energy into the attack, since you're about to faint anyway.

Thunderbolt ~ Faint ~ Faint

All right! Let's Protect against the Thunderbolt, then just wait for it to faint.

Protect ~ Nothing ~ Nothing

Haze neither removes nor prevents the creation of barriers such as light screen and reflect. It has no appreciable impact on hearing or the effectiveness of fire-type attacks.

Giga drain is not a direct healing attack. Direct healers do nothing but recover health; those that only heal as a result of dealing damage to the opponent are not included in the category.

2v2 single

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Status: *Censored* Burned (severe; 5% damage per round, extra energy on all attacks requiring movement, physical attacks halved), attracted (moderate; 25% chance of 'immobilized by love').
Commands: Thunderbolt ~ Nothing ~ Nothing

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Energy: 80%
Commands: Protect ~ Nothing ~ Nothing

Round 12 Begin!

Neitelo springs immediately into action, her eyes glowing bright green and she channels her energy into a protective barrier around herself, which becomes visible as a green, translucent bubble around her. Kirlia funnels every bit of his energy into creating a bolt of electricity, which briefly lights up his body before arcing to Neitelo, where it dissipates against the bubble.

The bubble fades away and vanishes as Kirlia falls to the ground, completely and utterly spent. Lucas755 recalls his Pokémon as the round draws to a close.

Round 12 End!

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia
(Male)
Energy: 0%
Attacks Used: Thunderbolt

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Energy: 74%
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Nothing ~ Nothing

Protect - 6% energy
Thunderbolt - 14% energy (accuracy roll 49, needed 85 or above to miss)

Notes
- Hrml. Well, I'll remove those effects from now on, I guess. I'd go back and change it, but it'd change too much.
- Bah, what happened to artistic interperetation.
- I really need to stop making so many mistakes. I hope it improves with practice.
- If the Thunderbolt had gone through, the order to 'put all your energy into it' would have significantly increased its damage. It would have done about 25%, in fact.

Arena Notes
- There is a thick fog hanging over the field (3 more rounds).

Next Round
- Lucas755 sends out
- Superbird Attacks
- Lucas755 Attacks

Last edited:
Blah. If Negrek hadn't posted that yet, would the same thing have applied to the protect shield?

Anyway, against my better judgement, I'll send out Heracross. Superbird should be going first this time, though.

...Well.

This thing's got some stuff it can actually do, but I'm confident that you can successfully past anything the Heracross tries to do. Let's start with Attract. That'll give us the advantage of the Heracross's possible inability to attack, which'll be useful further on. After that, let's craft a Substitute, and let's put that at 15%. Then, use Swagger, and because of the Haze the Attack raise won't go against us.

Attract ~ Substitute (15%) ~ Swagger

That's a good strategy they're going to use. Let's beat them to it. Start with Swagger. If you end up getting attracted anyway, Chill out and clear your mind; it's only a mind trick. If you're not attracted, go ahead and Attract them. In the final action, if there's a substitute up, use Stone Edge. If not, use Toxic.

Swagger ~ Chill/Attract ~ Stone Edge/Toxic

2v2 single

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Heracross
(Male)
Ability: Guts
Energy: 100%
Commands: Swagger ~ Chill / Attract ~ Stone Edge / Toxic

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Commands: Attract ~ Substitute (15%) ~ Swagger

Round 13 Begin!

Lucas755 hurls his Pokéball forward, the burst of light that emerges forming into a large, blue insect with a massive horn emerging from its face.

Before anyone can make a move, a very odd thing happens; the air around Neitelo ripples and distorts, and suddenly a burst of energy throws her backwards. As she picks herself back up, Heracross suddenly begins calling out to Neitelo, bragging about his achievements, how he'd become the leader of his swarm by beating all the competition hand-to-hand; could she claim as much? His bragging takes hold, and Neitelo is siezed with an intense rage, an irrational urge to tear the Heracross limb from limb. She tries to attack, but trips and bashes her nose on the ground.

Heracross changes tack, beginning complimenting his opponent; he quickly sees that she's not listening, though, and gives up. Once again, said opponent tries to strike out at her opponent, but this time she seemingly forgets how to fly in midair, crashing to the ground.

Finally going on the direct path, Heracross gathers various foul toxins from within his body, gathering and concentrating them into his mouth, before spitting them at Neitelo, a blob of purple, viscous goop; it strikes her directly, and begins soaking through her skin. It clings to her feathers and makes it nigh-impossible for her to fly, as she finds out, leaping into the air only to plow facefirst into the ground. Realizing the problem, she begins shaking herself vigorously, spraying the goop in all directions but managing to get her feathers clean enough to fly, at least. As she begins to feel ill, though, she realizes that the poison had soaked into her skin before she could remove it, and that it would even now be coursing through her veins.

Suddenly, both Pokémon are engulfed in a pink light, and Heracross suddenly feels the same ill effects, as poison mysteriously begins flowing through his own circulatory systems. He gasps, but feels a benefit as well - his physical attacks are now more powerful, and he can feel it.

Round 13 End!

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Heracross
(Male)
Ability: Guts
Health: 98%
Status: I think I came off somewhat the better in that exchange. Poisoned (2% per round), Guts active.
Attacks Used: Swagger ~ Attract ~ Toxic

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Health: 74%
Status: I don't like Heracross. Confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail), badly posioned (2% this round, 3% next).
Attacks Used: [confused] ~ [confused] ~ [confused]

Future Sight - 12% damage (accuracy roll 12, needed 90 or above to miss)
Swagger - 3% energy (accuracy roll 60, needed 90 or above to miss)
Confusionfail - 4% damage (Neitelo)
Attract - 3% energy (accuracy roll 20, needed 100 to miss)
Toxic - 4% energy (accuracy roll 68, needed 85 or above to miss)

Notes
- Aaargh I forgot all about that old Future Sight; I hope it's okay here.
- Because of Swagger, Attract failed to take hold, since a beserk rage isn't a good mindset for romance.
- Neitelo was unlucky this round, confusionfailing on all three actions.

Arena Notes
- There are chunks of rock scattered around Heracross.
- There's a large circle around Heracross - about two metres in every direction - of considerably shorter grass where the Magical Leaves tore themselves free.
- There's a circle of charred grass around Heracross, about three metres in every direction.
- There is a thick fog hanging over the field (2 more rounds).
There are blobs and drops of Toxic scattered around Neitelo.

Next Round
- Lucas755 Attacks
- Superbird Attacks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom