• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALRIGHT WARGLE WE'RE ON.

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Jar of Air (Cookie Flavor)

It's a jar. Filled with cookie-scented air.

Is there really anything else to say about it?

The jar itself is large -- about three wailords in diameter and three wailords high, or high enough to Fly -- and made of some sort of clear, see-through material. While the material looks like glass and feels like glass and, in all essence, is glass, it's somehow unbreakable. The top of the jar is closed with an air-tight metal lid, to keep all the air inside the jar inside and the air outside the jar, out.

(How the trainers will get out might cause some problems, but there's been weirder arenas in ASBer, so it shouldn't cause that much of a problem.)

The best part? The air inside smells like cookies. The aroma of delicious, sweet, freshly baked cookies, right out of the oven, fills the jar, making anyone who takes a whiff start salivating like there's no tomorrow.

A pokemon can spend one action to take a deep breath of the delicious, cookie-scented air, which will energize the pokemon, restoring 5% energy and giving it a +1 boost in a random stat.

Too bad there's no actual cookies though.

Other: Aerodactyls only. Also, trainers don't have to worry about running out of air because Word of God said so.

Sorry, Blazhy.

ALRIGHT WARGLE WE'RE ON.

1vs1 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Jar of Air (Cookie Flavor)

It's a jar. Filled with cookie-scented air.

Is there really anything else to say about it?

The jar itself is large -- about three wailords in diameter and three wailords high, or high enough to Fly -- and made of some sort of clear, see-through material. While the material looks like glass and feels like glass and, in all essence, is glass, it's somehow unbreakable. The top of the jar is closed with an air-tight metal lid, to keep all the air inside the jar inside and the air outside the jar, out.

(How the trainers will get out might cause some problems, but there's been weirder arenas in ASBer, so it shouldn't cause that much of a problem.)

The best part? The air inside smells like cookies. The aroma of delicious, sweet, freshly baked cookies, right out of the oven, fills the jar, making anyone who takes a whiff start salivating like there's no tomorrow.

A pokemon can spend one action to take a deep breath of the delicious, cookie-scented air, which will energize the pokemon, restoring 5% energy and giving it a +1 boost in a random stat.

Too bad there's no actual cookies though.

Other: Aerodactyls only. Also, trainers don't have to worry about running out of air because Word of God said so.

Sorry, Blazhy.

Doesn't seem too food-like. AND I THOUGHT I SAID A PIZZA.

*Fire Fang spam begin*

3v3 double
Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Evasion
Arena: Giant Spider Web

It's a giant spider web. The floor is sticky and weblike (of course), and even though it's giant, it's still a spiderweb, so no Pokemon taller/longer than three meters (METRIC HELL YEAH) can battle, since it also has a web roof. Also, all non-Bug types start at -1 Speed.

2v2 single
Set
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: ohko's
Arena: The Inside of Zora’s Mind

Well. No one knows how our heroes have managed this one, but it seems the universe has finally imploded around them, sending them (and the ref) spiraling into the depths of the mind of an crazy redhead.

The stage is around the size of an average arena, however, it is translucent and rainbow-colored, and appears to be floating amidst a sort of purple void, with two roads made of rainbow extending to either side of the field. Every so often, the scenery around the arena will change, although this has no effect on the battle and so can change to whatever, whenever, at the referee’s discretion. There also are two small ponds to either edge of the arena for Water-types.

Although being inside the mind of someone like her has… other, effects.

- The moves Attract and Captivate, as well as other moves that base their effects on gender, can hit all Pokemon on the field, rather than just the specified gender.
- And also, there seem to be stimulants in the air in this arena, giving all Pokemon a boost in energy, setting it at an initial 150%.

Other: Only Fakemon (as approved here) may be used.

http://tcodforums.eeveeshq.com/showpost.php?p=83098&postcount=41 <---- Profile

Okay guys, I know I haven't been on TCoD is eons, but thats due to my internet being an arsehole so, y'know. I really enjoyed ASB and I was glad to see it wasn't dead, so, yeah, challenges please. Bear in mind I couldn't be bothered thinking up a new arena, so I pretty much c+p'd my old one (hope thats okay, it probably will be methinks to mahself.) Of course with loads of grammar corrections. (It really has been long...)

Anyway;
2 vs 2 single
DQ:1 Week
Damage cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Destiny Bond
Arena: The Very Hard Drive (VHD)

The VHD is the inside of a computor, the stage is a floppy disk surrounded by floating CD's, beware if you stay on a CD too long, it will start spinning, increasing it's tempo every second, if stayed on for 6 seconds, the pokemon will become confused. Also there is a 20% percent chance of a Porygon flying by, touch these and they will emmit a red and blue flash that causes the pokemon who collides with it, to (have a seizure) flinch.

Profile: http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/...&postcount=170

Okay guys, I know I haven't been on TCoD is eons, but thats due to my internet being an arsehole so, y'know. I really enjoyed ASB and I was glad to see it wasn't dead, so, yeah, challenges please. Bear in mind I couldn't be bothered thinking up a new arena, so I pretty much c+p'd my old one (hope thats okay, it probably will be methinks to mahself.) Of course with loads of grammar corrections. (It really has been long...)

Anyway;
2 vs 2 single
DQ:1 Week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Destiny Bond
Arena: The Very Hard Drive (VHD)

The VHD is the inside of a computor, the stage is a floppy disk surrounded by floating CD's, beware if you stay on a CD too long, it will start spinning, increasing it's tempo every second, if stayed on for 6 seconds, the pokemon will become confused. Also there is a 20% percent chance of a Porygon flying by, touch these and they will emmit a red and blue flash that causes the pokemon who collides with it, to (have a seizure) flinch.

Profile: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=356460&postcount=170

Here's my profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first challenge, so I`ll try to be simple as possible for now.

2 vs. 2
Style:simple
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Toxic, Destiny Bond, Rest
Arena: A simple meadow in a park. There are some tress gathered around and the sun is standig high.

Anyone wants to take this?

my profile

3v3 double
Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Evasion
Arena: Giant Spider Web

It's a giant spider web. The floor is sticky and weblike (of course), and even though it's giant, it's still a spiderweb, so no Pokemon taller/longer than three meters (METRIC HELL YEAH) can battle, since it also has a web roof. Also, all non-Bug types start at -1 Speed.
http://tcodforums.eeveeshq.com/showpost.php?p=83098&postcount=41 <---- Profile

I'll take that.

2 v 2 single
Damage Cap: 49%
DQ: 8 days
Banned moves: OHKOs, Perish Song
Arena: Sleepy Screechy T. Rex Forest

The arena for this fight is a dense jungle. The battlefield is surrounded by a circle of humongous trees that block out most of the light; therefore the arena is a bit dark. Large bushes to duck behind dot the ground, and a small pool is in the northwest corner.

The real draw to this arena is the sleeping T. Rex in the corner. When the battle starts, he's asleep. If he is damaged by an especially powerful attack or hears a loud noise, he will wake up and start screeching. The screeches are so unbelievably loud that they will deal 20% damage to any Pokemon unlucky enough to hear them.

Finally, due to the jurassic nature of the stage, fossil Pokemon will constantly regain 3% energy at the end of each round.

For risingbadge.

Ryan North is a bro
Checking in. I'm going to get murdered :'D

'Dat profile.
This sounds fun.I'll take it.

1vs1 single

DQ: Five days.

Damage Cap: none~

Banned Moves: No energy/health restoring moves (Rest, Chill, Drain Punch, Leech Seed, etc.), Destiny Bond, Explosion, OHKO's.

Arena: A boat

A normal-sized rowboat that is floating in the middle of the ocean.

Other: Only baby/basic stage Pokemon allowed.

profile~

1vs1 single

DQ: Five days.

Damage Cap: none~

Banned Moves: No energy/health restoring moves (Rest, Chill, Drain Punch, Leech Seed, etc.), Destiny Bond, Explosion, OHKO's.

Arena: A boat

A normal-sized rowboat that is floating in the middle of the ocean.

Other: Only baby/basic stage Pokemon allowed.

profile~
If feels weird doing all this quoting stuff when I'm the post underneath, but I'm pretty sure it's necessary. I'll take you on.

This is my first challenge, so I`ll try to be simple as possible for now.

2 vs. 2
Style:simple
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Toxic, Destiny Bond, Rest
Arena: A simple meadow in a park. There are some tress gathered around and the sun is standig high.

Anyone wants to take this?

my profile

I would gladly accept this challenge, as it will be my first battle too. However, I might want to add a few nitpicks.

- Damage Cap set to 40% instead.
- ALL healing moves (Slack Off, Wish, Softboiled, etc) are banned, NOT including draining moves.
- Are chills allowed? (I would go for 4/pokémon)

Last edited:
4vs4 Single
DQ: A week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned moves: OHKO's, healing moves (except Absorb and the like), 3 chills per Pokémon
Arena: Floating Space Arena

This arena is little more than a large disk drifting through space. It has a mysterious atmosphere that allows the battlers and Trainers to breathe, but the air is hardly different from Earth's, so it has no special effects. Its ground is made of rock and metal, much like the Earth's crust, and is sturdy and diffcult to dig through, so moves that require digging take 1% more energy. In addition, there is no water nearby, so moves that require a source of water are impossible to use. There are rows of seats that are sloped and extend to about twenty feet above the "ground," all the way around that give the look of a stadium. The Pokémon are free to move around on these stands. The center of the stadium, however, is completely flat. The flat area is a circle that is about forty feet in diameter.

Other: Only baby or basic Pokémon allowed

Profile :]

I would gladly accept this challenge, as it will be my first battle too. However, I might want to add a few nitpicks.

- Damage Cap set to 40% instead.
- ALL healing moves (Slack Off, Wish, Softboiled, etc) are banned, NOT including draining moves.
- Are chills allowed? (I would go for 4/pokémon)

Yea, this all fine by me ;).

Redoing completely for quotes:

Daren v.s. CB

2 v.s. 2 singles
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned moves: Evasion, All healing moves (including Rest), Destiny Bond, Toxic, OHKOs. Chills limited to 4/pokémon

Arena: Sunny Meadow

~A simple meadow in a park, with few trees and a pond. Sandy areas are scattered randomly around.

Last edited:
2v2 single
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Earthquake, Draco Meteor (moves that would change the terrain signifigantly)
Arena: Forina

A large, cavernous valley in Hoenn with large pillars of stone shooting up from the ground.

This is the resting place of Jirachi as it sleeps for millennia in a cavern. As such, Steel- and Psychic-type moves are boosted by 2% here. Jirachi’s power to grant wishes is evident here as well: if a Pokémon is below 50% in both health and energy, there is a 2% chance each round that that Pokémon will have its wish subconsciously granted by Jirachi and regain 10% in health and energy.

Also, each round there is a 15% (5% each) chance that a wild Absol, Flygon, or Nuzleaf will pop out from the rocks and use a 5% Dark-, Dragon-, or Grass-type move on a random battler.

So, uh, basically this and this.

*whoosh*

2-vs-2 [single]
DQ: Ten days.
Damage Cap: 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs

Arena: Shellspiral Isle

Recently, unassuming part-time explorer Blastoise has located another improbable location, quote, "somewhere in Asber, I guess", unquote.

This time, the scenic vista is a small island, alone and in the middle of one of Asber's chilly seas. Oddly, the climate is rather temperate for the area, and the sun shines brightly down upon the island's natural treasure.

You see, there is a reason, a good reason, that Blastoise has named this island 'Shellspiral Isle'...

"It sounds cool. And also it's covered in a whole bunch of spiral shells!"

Yes, the small landmass is almost completely encrusted with spiraled shells, each one dotted (or streaked or hatched or... etc.) with bright, pastel or jewelly colors ranging from blue to red and every other possible shade. They vary between tiny, fragile miniature spirals all the way up to the seventeen and one half tall, skyscraper-esque shells, all of which are varying shades of blue and white. The main area of battle lies in the middle of the circle of tall shells. marked by ancient, indelibly blue unown letters. Seemingly random in their configuration, the runes are to be studied by a scientific committee as soon as Blastoise is done with his battle. A thin but strong stream of seawater flows into a deep pool, perhaps thirteen feet deep. Little vegetation appears at all on the island; scraggly grass peeks out from the sand by the pool, but there are no trees or other large plants.

The sand that coats the whole island like white on reshiram is made up entirely of broken pieces of shell, which are quite sharp. Although humans have the luxury of thick-soled shoes, any ground-bound pokémon without protection of some kind will incur 1% water-type damage per action spent moving from one place to another, whether for an attack or something else. Being thrown onto the sand or digging into it causes 3% water-type damage. The combined pokéaura of the unown runes and the mysterious shells create a field of low-level water energy, giving all water-type moves STAB regardless of the individual pokémon's type.

The sunlight in the area is near-constant; despite the lack of intense heat, Sunny Day is in effect permanently, and although it can be interrupted temporarily by other weather, the sun will always return afterward with just as much strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom